Dr Stone

Is nobody reading this? I think its one of the few new mangas, who has a lot of fucking potential.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.mangafox.me/manga/hotel/v01/c001/1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>"His flames! They suddenly turned gray!"
>Senku is bewildered

doesn't seem like it'll last

Threads won't really last if no one dumps

I like more the visuals than the story. It's too rushed and the characters are very superficial.

I'm amazed it hasn't been cancelled honestly.

Why? It's good

What's it about?

Why though, it has an ok premise, and its doing pretty good out of the fresh mangas

Sup Forums is too stupid to understand what happens even with detailed explains, so they stay silent
kinda good thing to do if you ask me

Without warning every human on Earth is turned to stone. Thousands of years later tough dumb guy breaks out and finds super science friend also free. The quest to restore civilization begins.

Super Science Friend is based as fuck too

>>

it's the thinking man's toriko

Senkuu carries this series more than anyone else

Makes sense. It's named after him : ^ )

the twisted logic edgy lion killer villain is kinda ok

>manga starts with 2 protagonists with Taiju being the 1st one

>Becomes annoying

>Senkuu becomes the 1st protagonist and the series gets Miles better

Good move by the author

I only read this manga for Sen-kun honestly. But now I'm starting to like Chrome

artist has always been good at this kind of funny faces

Y'know what's kinda ironic?
I'm gonna guess that Chrome's not all that welcomed in the village because of his sorcery.
His storehouse is far from the village and they outright call it sorcery. The adults of the village probably don't like him doing it.

Ultimately, the ones who would resist science and sorcery the most are going to be the adults while the children like Chrome clearly would be more fascinated and want to explore it more.
Lion-o's whole mentality is completely fucked by that idea.

I just hope Taiju and Lion dude gets a bit more fleshed out. They seemed kind of 2D

This manga could potentially - if it gets run thats long enough - turn really dark. If Senkuu eventually succeeds with his science kingdom, he could become corrupt or some shit. But again, thats only if it lasts that long.

I hope atleast the author will make him take some morally twisted choices, for the sake of his kingdom

using a >there is no choice I'll have to use my secret technique page as a way to promote a manga doesn't seem like great idea.
You justposted the blandest and most generic battle shonen trope.

It's literally the first page of the chapter. In the next page he attempts to run away and let someone else handle the situation.

there is no fanservice in this stuff, so it's kinda problematic to find a decent propaganda page
anyway no one cares, go suck a dick

That sounds kinda stupid but I'll give it a shot.

It's alright. It's nothing really special. It's basically your average Isekai MC uses OP technology in fantasy world plot but without the actually Isekai part. I can already predict the plot of the entire series.

It's kinda like the author took one of those survival video games that have gotten so popular since Minecraft and made a series based on the concept.

They're starting from sticks and rocks and are going to advance to building primitive mechs eventually (or at least that's the autistic hope of the MC).
It's been pretty fun so far, though I feel like things are a bit stacked against the current "villain" we got.

fanservice is shit used by shit manga to cover for their lack of good narrative qualities.

I'm just sayign that based on that page it seems your typical run of the mill adventure or battle shonen. If it has something more OP should have posted those pages to make people interested in it.

Wow, surprisingly a good chapter.
Now I really hope it doesn't get cancelled. Making it to the village helped, it feels as if the plot was finally moving somewhere

>If it has something more OP should have posted those pages to make people interested in it.
Not really. Anything but the first page would have been a spoiler.

Any link to the chapter?

>Chrome is the first guy on the team
Damn, my pick last week was a lucky one alright.

The series is literally called Dr. Stone, Senku was always destined to be the 1st protagonist I thought that was obvious.

Isn't it pretty damn high up in the ranking currently?

Niggastream

*MS

It probably feels that way because Senkuu's going to assume he can easily close the gap with scientific advancements and force Tsukasa's group to submit. the problem is, while he can absolutely close the gap through gunpowder alone, he is probably wrongly assuming that Tsukasa will submit when he realizes he and his crew can just get blown up. Senkuu though is not rarely the type to actually use scientific advances for mass murder and Tsukasa will probably realize this even before Senkuu himself does.

What Tsukasa really has going for him is a strong idealogy and the leisure to recruit/brainwash the most loyal followers he can.

>The teaching of the story is how with science, humans, even if they're weak, can rise against the odds and dangers, he's the scientist of the group.
>The series is named after him.
>The villian bonds not with Taiju, but with him.
>The story now is focusing solely on him, and with no signs of switching POVs soon.
>The story centric chapters of Taijuu served to flesh him as some kind of prologue.

Senku was always meant to be the hero, wich makes me wonder why they introduced Taiju as the hero at first. I prefer it this way, but I hope Taiju and Yuzuhira get fleshed in the near future.

The very beginning feels a bit disconnected now, like it was a pilot chapter or something. Especially after they revealed that Taiju's rejuvenation wasn't due to chance, but because of Senkuu sciencing him

Sometimes series begin with a clear idea only to change in the middle, wich always makes the previous part disconnected.
Berserk is a good example of it. The Guts of the first chapters have nothing to do with the later Guts, and not because of character development.

This is one of the better manga in recent times. The main characters are all good and the art is outstanding.

Yep, smart move.

Got rid of the annoying one.

>the page right after this

I'm dead

>The main characters are all good
They are not even characters. No substance, just catch-phrases.

Yeah good move invalidating the first two volumes

I hpe it goes off the rails soon desu
Wish we got to see the arithmetic off

but he just said niggerstream

I miss Taijuu.

Nothing wrong with that as long as their antics and the situations their personalities create are a good read. May as well complain that Dr.Slump has shallow characters.

I am, I like it. It blows Robot and Bokuben out of the fucking water.

This manga has got some good faces in it

This, it's a fucking goldmine.

Man, Senku really saved this manga

He is its protag from chapter 1.

They have to rush things to avoid getting canceled. The average Shounen Jump reader has a short attention span.

Unfortunately I think it's gonna become full of more generic fighting very quickly
But I've been enjoying it a lot too

The beginning of a weekly series is always rushed when you're trying to tell an actual story. It's not like haremshit when you can just make each chapter focus on an isolated incident, you have to get to the point fast. Dr. Stone is already quadrupling the cast size.

Cool concept, great art and character designs.

But it's pretty generic, especially the characters. I feel like this will go the way of Ajin and the writer will quit, and it will turn into a different manga altogether. That or be cancelled.

But Dr. Slump is based only on charisma, after all, it's a gag. Dr. Stone wants to talk about friendship, great rivalries and hope, but its characters are not developed enough for that. Shit, the long-haired guy was barely "revived" and seconds later became the greatest villain of all time. If this had happened in Dr. Slump, it would be a good joke, in Dr. Stone it's just bad writing.

>The beginning of a weekly series is always rushed
Yes, but in this case it seems deliberate, because it's not just about going faster from one point to another but about wanting to be impactful and melodramatic all the time.
>What a great power, what a friendship, what a great villain, what a great death, what a great couple, what a great fight, what a great discovery, what a great new villains!
Things that took about 50 chapters to happen in OP, Naruto, BnHA, in DS happened in 10.

in this pic, it kinda looks like chrome also has facecracks, however, in the frontal of all the villagers none are visible.

One of the few manga that i look forward to read every week, fucking love the art.

That's just sad

>inagaki ruined eyeshield with unfunny jokes, a god awful paccing, hack writing and boring matches with the most predictable outcomes
>its happening again
boichi takeover when?

Why's that?

>boichi takeover
The reason why this isn't complete shit is because he's just drawing it instead of writing it

>mangas
Sasuga WSJfags.

>Boichi really ticks all the boxes of a good "shounen manga" without doing in a too tropish or done before way.

>Boichi really ticks all the boxes of a good "shounen manga"
Then why is it still shit?

murata and inagaki did a good job together in EY21 becasue both of them were equals in some sort of way with the former taking over the manga at the key moments of the match and the latter when was time for build up.
you can also see how inagaki's moments displayed a quite simple artstyle and murata's drawings were accompanied by little to non-existent text.
as someone who has read both of dr stone's authors previous works i can tell they doesn't seem to have good chemistry as creators.

It's complete shit.

Origin is better.

I prefer seinen over shounen 9 times out of ten, but I find origin mostly fucking boring. And Boichi is really good with sci fi and and trans or posthumanist themes.

Hotel was a fucking masterpiece: m.mangafox.me/manga/hotel/v01/c001/1.html

What's it called?

Agreed, the art is fucking fantastic

cause he has nothing to read

Because you tastes are horrid.
There's plenty of good shit to read

I'm really enjoying it, I hope the japs enjoy it too so it doesn't get nipped.

Give recommendations.

Dropped it two chapters ago.

They got some good character design.

I pick Einstein.

>nanashi is going be come the main character

I pick the dog character. This is starting to look like Toriko.