How did Girls und Panzer even manage?

How did Girls und Panzer even manage?
There were like a dozen recap episodes during it's initial run.

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/07/04-1/girls-und-panzer-director-mizushima-invited-by-finland-embassy-for-interview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was good.

>There were like a dozen recap episodes during it's initial run.
filler because of production delays.

And even in terms of filler, they were still pretty instructional.

It's got the girls and the tanks and they are good about both of them. I remember it getting introduced on Sup Forums and Sup Forumsnons were like "They really aren't fucking around this time" and "japan has done it".
Not sure what the deal was with the ships though. That shit was out of left field. Why not a giant tank. What the fuck, Girls und Panzer?

Cause ships are cool.

>Why not a giant tank
That would be even more ridiculous.
How should it even move? how's that novel with the huge mobile cities that "eat" each other called again? Might be like that
The ship's at least somewhat possible, or at least it kills the suspension of disbelieve not as much.

>13 episodes show
>12 of those were recaps
You should be able to solve this.

>production delays

I know but having the manga incomplete is unacceptable, especially when the spinoffs are actually doing much better because they are being updated.

show was shit.

Oh shit, there is only one episode.
Did anyone ever notice this?

>manga
The one that came out parallel to the animu?
With a totally different serious Anchovy?

When did Girls und Panzer got so popular anyway? I always thought it was so obscure anime known well only amongst World of Tanks players.
When did everything went so right?

the schools were built on ships in an attempt to remove distractions and improve test scores and the educational environment.

No.

You been living under a rock last 5 years? It took off from about ep 3 or 4 back in Oct 2012. Last year, they had over 130,000 people at the Anko Festival. This year will probably be higher since the OVA will around the corner.

When it aired. It was a sleeper hit.

>When did Girls und Panzer got so popular anyway?
Right after it aired.
The movie increased inerest again.
hell, I thought it would never get many doujins, after the movie there had been a flood, with tons of them about side-characters even.

There were like 2.

It has some great spinoffs for sure

I wonder if Final Chapter will really be final.

It may not be an end of the franchise, but it's certainly the last one with current cast.

Maho thread.

>Oct 2012
It has been that long already?
Jesus, that's depressing.

I know that feel. When the series was just starting I was so skeptical and thought to myself "meh how can CGDCT about tank can be even remotely fun"

and then holy shit, I never expected this entire show to be THIS fun, and I still remember almost having to use drug to sooth the pain during the wait for Saunder and Kuro's fight

I remember people think it was going to be shit because Upotte had just finished up and left a sour taste.

We have several spin - offs centered around side characters even.

>Not sure what the deal was with the ships though. That shit was out of left field. Why not a giant tank. What the fuck, Girls und Panzer?
It was intentionally added to remind the audience that this is a work of fiction. Because without it, it would be possible to take it too seriously by audiences. The giant ships remind everyone to suspend their disbelief about other things, like why no one got killed.

Is this the /ak/ thread?

Nope, it isn't.
/ak/ threads pop up sometimes on /k/ though.

Man 130,000, that even bigger than AnimeExpo

Maho a best.

Inevitable mobage when?

Hell- even if you didn't like the show - the movie was on an entirely different level and is one of my all time favorite anime spectacles. Contextually it hits harder than something like RedLine and has emotional investment on top of that. Just the artillery scene alone is one of the best "hype" scenes in anime. I can only imagine how much fun the studio had in making that movie.

>girls und panzer saved oarai
>girls und panzer saved finnish tank museum
Is there anything this show can't do?

>how's that novel with the huge mobile cities that "eat" each other called again?
Mortal Engines.

The girls were cute.

It wasn't even good.

Explain futher pls

With Oarai things are quite simple. The city embraced the anime and it's benefiting greatly from it. Also, Ankou festival was turned from a small, local gathering to a massive event with tens of thousands of visitors.
The second case is a little bit different. Finnish Parola Tank Museum needed shekels to construct a shelter for their tanks (which were displayed in the open therefore vulnerable to weather conditions). They lacked in funds so they started a crowdfunding campaign with little success. Until the japs who've seen Girls und Panzer: Der Film found out that Parola Tank Museum is a home to the only surviving BT-42 assault gun. They started donating like crazy and ultimately they raised around 80.000 euros.

Fluffy
>Oh god, you are so dense, read the mood, plain head!

Thats fucking awesome.
Thanks for the reply.

Why is Alisa so shit? She ruined the whole show.

I LOVE SAKI!!!

Tell us more user.

Remove Yukari and it'd be a 10/10 show.
Yukari is the worst and ruins everything.
She's ugly, her voice is annoying, she probably smells bad and her hair looks stupid.

I want to make love to this beautiful maiden!

Which GuP has the biggest cock?

Naomi

Koume is the sexiest fluffy.

Will we see her during the Finals or will she get her own, edgy spinoff?

She is never going to appear in the main series and Shizuka a shit.

t. Faggot who's threatened by gays in tanks

Gays need to be gassed. Besides that, I have no huge issue with RW outside of Shizuka.

Is there any reason to do curls seated? Surely that would be terrible as you wouldn't be able to extend properly at the bottom?
Wouldn't tricep extensions give the artist more opportunity to show off Pepperoni's boobs anyway?

>her hair looks stupid.

So you don't like Koume and Galette, i suppose?

Post the one where they're literally off the chart

As Nishi flees as her girls want to kiss her, i guess we can put her into hetero.

Maho makes me feel indifferent. She's okay, I guess.

Saunders is the best school, prove me wrong.
Protip: You can't

They only use Shermans when they could use M10s and Hellcats with the enclose turret kit or some Pershings.
At least Arisa is pretty cute.

Anzio is the best.

Arisa is the best girl in the series desu

At the very least i'd rather eat at Anzio than at Saunders.

That's a bold claim when the series also has Yukari

Punch both Arisa and Yukari

>punching garupans
Consider becoming one with a Sturmtiger.

>how's that novel with the huge mobile cities that "eat" each other called again? Might be like that

Muh nigger.

With pleasure.

Speaking of Finland and Girls und Panzer, Director Tsutomu Mizushima was invited by the Finland Embassy for Interview.

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/07/04-1/girls-und-panzer-director-mizushima-invited-by-finland-embassy-for-interview

Erika's fantasies because she has no friends, no one likes and she should kill herself.

Mika!

DUCE, DUCE, DUCE

Knock those glasses off her and stomp on them.

I doubt Miho would be around if that would be Erikas fantasy.

Otaku ate it up regardless of quality.

Just watching the movie now. Half way through it. 30 vs 8 is stupid and too much. I hope they win. They probably will.

Don't worry, Miho can do it. Nobody can beat her unless they're larping as brits.

Well fuck she got reinforcements. I should have expected that.
Why are the Brits the only one that can beat Miho?

Because nobody cares about the quality of the show, they just want to see the cute girls being lesbians2364

I want a spin-off series about grannies with UAVs

The only reason Miho beat Saunders in the tournament was because they jobbed. Even Miho admitted they would have lost if Saunders hadn't.

The only reason Ooarai beat anyone outside of Anzio is because the plot dictated it. One of the very few cons against GuP for me is the fact that is followed the typical underdog sports bullshit where the protagonists win against vastly superior opponents simply because it's required.

miho is a genius commander. it's genetic

You're right, there's a limit on how big tanks can get in the franchise, but the series or spinoffs might go beyond Maus. I'd love to see the madness of a working Ratte. Maybe even more than one of them at once, even if it's just for a joke.

I've been thinking about this, specifically the parts where you see the ladies and tanks embodying ancient warriors. I wonder if an animated spinoff would go in for shorter episodes for budget's sake or just go full CGI.