Is Dies irae cancelled then?

what the fuck? Anime is dead

Yes. No dies irae

What? how is this legal to not do?

At least they did Mushishi

Nope A.C.G.T.

>ceased operations as of June 30
>Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai still has 2 episodes left including today episode

It's starting. The collapse of the anime industry.
Only the strong shall inherit the otaku/fujo bucks.

wait, so who's working with LoGH? I thought it was Artland

>what is bankrupcy laws
everything you said you'd do no longer counts

The episodes should still be in the can and ready to go. They probably just wrapped up finishing what they needed to so it can air, so a mediocre booby anime was their last.

cant just Artland merge with a bigger company like what Pepsi and Loft did?

GINKO!

F

Why do you want to start a domino effect?

>298 million yen in debt

They could if they got an offer. A manager will usually go through the process of looking for a sponsor / buyer before declaring bankrupcy though.

>90% of production costs went into outsourcing
>got money by Emon Animation Company, the nip representative of Haoliners
One anime studio down, a bajillion more to go.

Kill yourself.

At least they did Mushishi. I mean if I was on my deathbed, I would say, "at least I did Mushishi"

There was like three studios that produced LoGH. I think one was Madhouse too.

Source for DI being done by Artland? So far only genco and ACGT are the only ones involved

2.5 million dollars

They did the original LoGH and Macross too.

Pepsi did declare bankruptcy before merging with Loft

There's people in America who get that back as tax refunds. Why can't anime have some rich benefactors; people will sink 2.5m in some horrible Jackson Pollack in a fucking second, along with the rest of even worse modern art.

Yeah, two recap episodes in a 1-cour series; it was pretty much a given that it was Artland.

and Megazone 23

I mean, yeah. It sounds silly. I hope it's not the other way and a third of a billion dollars.

> but by December 2016 the annual income was 21 million yen (about US$184,000).

How can a company that produces products with wide international appeal be this poor. They might need to rethink their business model.

Oh shieeeet, STOP PIRATING RETARDS YOU'RE KILLING JAPAN

why not go back in there first. Dont be such a fucking faggot derailing this thread again

>implying
I'm not the one spouting Sup Forums memes for no reason.

Fujoshit killed Manglobe.

Why the fuck should anybody spend money in some shitty company that can't handle its finances?
The ones who have slightly better work and spending disciplines obviously still get jobs.

>implying

I don't even understand what you're trying to prove with these meme arrows now, user.

Their last anime was a shitty softcore yuri hentai

How embarrassing.

I-I just wanted to fit in, sempai.
Please respond to my love letter.

>meme arrows

>LoGH
>Mushishi
>SDF Macross
fuck

They don't own any of the products.
Anime studios are just contractors for production committees.

>Production commitees wants to make an anime
>negotiates with multiple studios
>agrees with a studio
>pays a certain sum
>studio makes anime
>Commitee gets all the profit.

In some cases the studio is part of the commitee but in such cases it is normally a low ranking member (gets only a small cut of the profits).

Better than Gonzo or Manglobe

Could be worse. Like, still existing and being forced to make more shitty softcore yuri hentai to make ends meet.

I hope all the animators land safely somewhere. I wish them luck in their future endeavors. I loved Mushishi very much.

They wont even allow us to spend money on them

Gonzo will never die for real and permanently.

That's the problem. They do all the creative work but get no royalties.
The contract they accept is practically slavery wages.

The industry as it is now is strongly in the favor of producers and investors, they need to push back or they'll get picked off one by one.

>Manglobe
>Samurai Champloo
>Ergo Proxy
>Michiko to Hatchin
>Samurai Flamenco
>Gangsta.
What's wrong with Manglobe? Michiko and Gangsta were pretty mediocre but they did good work imo

They also carry no risk.
They need to invest money to get on the committee, but have not enough money to take the risk.

What yuri hentai anime did they make anyway?

Goodnight sweet prince

Lesson: Yuri doesn't sell.

Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai

How are they gonna push back if they're just dumb shitty otaku who are notorious for having no backbone?
No, the obvious solution is to work harder, until they fall ill or even drop dead.

Perhaps this will cause the producers to appreciate their sacrifices more and give them another job.
Haha.

Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai

What a shitty swan song.

Damn, that is sad. I liked it.

Animation studios are usually part of the committee for most non late-night anime.

I have been out of the loop for awhile, but what are the actual implications of this? From what I remember, aside from a few studios like KyoAni, the vast majority of animation studio staff are independent contractors. Further, most studios themselves are just being contracted for cheap anime by independent contractors. Sure, this must suck for the owner of the studio and the few permanent employees, but I don't see how this would be anything more than a blip for the anime industry.

Only the bigger successful ones who have good connections with the producers.

>people will sink 2.5m in some horrible Jackson Pollack
Most big art deals are literally money laundering schemes.

Sounds like they were banking on Muishi making money but it didn't.

Rest in peace. I'm very glad they managed to finish Mushi-shi before going under.

Shame about all the cowtits.

They are also far bigger than your average late night studio.

Nothing, really. It's just doom-and-gloom saying, because people are bored and want to create artificial drama.
There's also shit ton of small studios doing nothing but inbetweening or backgrounds closing every year, but nobody talks about them.
And then new studios pop up, and some few even manage to become noticeable enough over the years.

Wait who is doing the LoGH reboot if it isn't them? Weren't they remaking the series like next year?

production I.G.

Nope, Genco will do it

Should have grown tomatoes.

kek

With Abe slashing down tariffs and being pro-open trade, Gainax's tomato-business never stood a chance against gaijin-tomatoes that are bigger and stronger and have larger dicks.
Anno knew that, which is why he demanded his money back right now.

God damn it user.

>Wait who is doing the LoGH reboot if it isn't them?
One of titans

>gaijin-tomatoes that are bigger and stronger and have larger dicks
doujins WHEN

>tomatoes that are bigger and stronger and have larger dicks
nigger where do you live, chernobyl?

good one

Fuck tomatoes. Why didn't they become a lich studio like Gonzo?

Because investors think that Artland Animation is too shit and too incompetent to bother with.

Umisho was a wonderful little thing.

Good.

Didn't it take some time for Gonzo to be reorganized as well?

Most of their legendary animaiton staff either fucked off or is retired.

>they died doing nanatsu no taizai
Now I don't know whether to feel sad or embarrassed for them.

>but they did good work imo
>Ergo Dogshit
>Samurai Failenco
>good
Son, your cancerous taste is embarrassing.

Here's what I don't get: in the U.S., declaring bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean the end of the company (there are two main kinds, Chapter 11 which is reorganization and doesn't necessarily mean the company dies, and Chapter 7 which is liquidation and does mean the end). But in Japan, bankruptcy is always game over? There's no equivalent of Chapter 11 over there?

Almost all of their shows were only popular in the West and flopped in Japan.

>298 million in debt
Jesus Christ. How can they possibly pay for that?

>How can they possibly pay for that?
There's a reason they declared bankruptcy, user.

Normally, you file bankruptcy specifically because you CAN'T pay for that.

Literally nothing, basically a small studio got out of business because of poor performances.
Just capitalism weeding out shitty players.

strike gold like kemono friends

You're probably better off running a search for 'Japanese Bankruptcy Law;' as I doubt there are experts on such an esoteric subject here.

3D animation paired with good story-telling is the future.

Or try to do a spin-off of a decently popular franchise like Nantsu no Taizai. Shame they got the worst fucking thing to adapt.

>his tomatoes don't reproduce sexually

i didn't mean animate it exactly like it but just produce something and have it become a hit by accident

Not a lot, Artland was well past its prime, the fact that the studio had to outsource 90% of their work really (according to the >ANN article) is telling about their state prior to declaring bankruptcy. I'd imagine that a lot of their old talent either left the studio altogether or is at Satelight.

angiospermae reproduce sexually already
don't dodge the question you motherfucker