Interest rate hikes

How many Fortune 500 companies go bankrupt when the interest rate returns to 5%, the historical normal?

Other urls found in this thread:

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FEDFUNDS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FEDFUNDS

why was inflation so high in 3000 BC?

I think it was from lack of liquidity and lack of systemic debt collection enforcement (borrower just skips town, you can't do shit), not inflation.

pretty tough to skip town in 3000BC

wouldn't they freeze your passport at the camelport

20% was le friendly merchant teaser interest rate

Is it even meaningful to talk about interest rates that far back in time? I mean their system of finance surely was nothing like our current one, if they even had one.

been close to zero bound for too long

inflation expectations, wage growth, etc is fucking up the stock market right now

investors are realizing we're in a bubble

Only to determine propensities agnostic to the medium.

People traveled a lot anyway.

Jewish texts and roman one's a re fairly specific and they didn't made anything radically different, just lending money and asking for interest.

>People traveled a lot anyway.

Not since agriculture became a thing

lol

Too many shiny rocks being released to sell fake wood clubs ponzi scheme

Read up on the lives of the apostles. Niggas travelled a lot.

>20% interest in 3000BC
No wonder pharaoh enslaved the kikes.

Most of them.

From my understanding, only crappy "unicorn" startups and other pay-first-develop-later businesses have to fear this, or not?

No, utilities and oil companies concentrated on well exploration (e.g. Anadarko) are likely the first to go bust.

>Read up on the lives of the apostles. Niggas travelled a lot.

A fraction of a minority

Lack of food

idk. how many of them cant pay their bills by conducting business? it wont affect any who actually make money

>wage growth

kek

That 5% Washington Mutual Savings account though back in 2006-2007. Was getting $416 a month for $100,000.00.

Anyone sitting on a pile of cash when interest rates go up will do pretty damn well. One would think the top companies would be stock piling cash at this point rather than buying back stock in anticipation of rising interest rates.