Plight of the beta male

Is it wrong to be 27 and still aiming to put off real life? 9-5 is a soul crushing prospect. I have no passions.

How does anybody sit in an office being an """Analyst""" in a boring company? I just imagine my young self seeing me as a nerdy mediocrity. My daily battle is avoiding coffee, junk food, and wasting time on the internet like a mindless consumerwhore.

>have job in London that doesn't pay a lot, save nothing
>it looks good on a CV and requires almost no work
>be me today
>wake up at noon (normally 9 am), buy food, clean my room, go to the gym, do a lot of chores
>make a phone call after I received a message for an application I made
>have interview next week for job that would let me save about £350 a month but I'd have to actually work 9-5.30
>went to see my interview building for tomorrow near Bank station (was at 5 pm)
>saw all those office Chads and Staceys leaving (they can't all have high status jobs if they leave at 5 pm)
>wonder if I could bear work if I worked in a high status job
>get in to work by 5.30 and stay for almost 1.5 hours

Is it too late to get in to programming and work some comfy job at Facebook?

Seeing Chads and Staceys is demoralising. Working is demoralising. Knowing that the best case scenario is some more prestigious but higher hour job that requires many years of effort is demoralising. Spending so much money on rent in a tiny flat is demoralising. Being an ugly beta 27 year old male with no friends or social experiences since school, no female attention ever, who has never been to a pub, club, or party is demoralising. Knowing Chads, Staceys, and rich normies get everything handed to them is demoralising.

>Is it too late to get in to programming
no - so just do it!

You're black. Stop larping.

I know the feeling user.
Im 27 as well and did a stint in the military, now just going to school and I still feel empty inside.
A part of me longs for military life, another part of me wishes to start a new career but I have no clue where to start.
You should go talk to a recruiter, if nothing else at least the military offers a great chance for adventure and seeing (and killing) the world.

You're not putting off real life, you're putting off the beta life.

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

>27 years old
>Realized a long time ago that I only have this life once and I want to do whatever the fuck I want
>Quit my shit 9-5 job last month
>Bought a one way plane ticket
>Will be traveling Asia for the next year or longer

That's why so many people are in prison nowadays user. Prison is honorable, working a shitty job is not. Nobody respects a beta male worker drone, especially not one that answers to a woman who doesn't do shit but makes 3 times your salary. That's why the girls fuck criminals and layabouts. They're not the betas.

Same. Also 27 and while my job isn't soul crushing it definitely stopped being fullfilling. My passions have evaporated. I fantasize about driving my car into the sunset and drowning in the adriatic. And yet the more i sit here the more posts about people like us seems to pop up. Same age, same mental state, on dozen different boards. Crazy at it sounds i begin to suspect there's some foul play involved.

Look at it this way... If you were stranded in the wilderness, how many hours a day would you work? Baslically 24 hours a day to stay alive. Working a normal job keeps you from fighting off starvation, homelessness, mountain lions, and rapey moutain folk. So by saying a 9 to 5 job is "soul crushing", you're basically saying you're fucking lazy. You think your job at Starbucks is soul crushing? Try living in the woods with nothing but your pants and shirt, not knowing how long you have to live. Fucking neet soyboy

>I have no passions
You had better find one. It doesn't have to be conventional.

27 is the age when shit goes down. You either make it or break it. It is the most crucial year in life

Physical labor of some sort is the least soul crushing. I’d try to get into welding. It’s the most versatile and highest paying.

I’m 35 now and I just have a workshop in my garage. Business is on yelp. I do everything from fabricating car parts to random prototypes for mass production.

I would highly suggest mobile car detailing and paint correction. It’s hard work but you’ll make 100k/yr within the first 5 years easy.

I agree. Working a trade is a lot more fulfilling. I take pride in my work. Now I'm behind a desk and it just doesn't feel natural.

that sounds pretty amazing and much more fulfilling then sitting in a call center for the rest of your life. Get your priorities in order

We've created better lives for our pets than we have for ourselves.

Also get married and have kids. Changes your prospective on life and frees up a lot of mind units now that you’re not chasing girls.

My goal was just to get killed in combat, but I made it through my tours without a scratch. So now I just shitpost on the internet and wish I'd been born 200 years earlier when the world was still new and interesting.

Doing what?

Meh, work a lab job OP. I still work 8 hours a day but I get home at 4pm. You're on your feet moving and running analysis or setting up instruments most of the day so you don't get sedentary but the room is always a comfy 20C so you're not hot or cold either. You're still punching numbers into a data entry system but at least you know where they came from and what they're needed for.

All the benefits of a white collar job without the soul devouring horseshit. I have 3 meetings a year... Maybe... If the division manager can be fucked to get all the way out to where my lab is located for a 2 hour conference meeting

Every person I know that does physical labor had back problems by 30.

would be pretty great if I didn't need a 40 year mortgage just for a place to live, id rather die in the woods after 20 years of living

>26 well I guess ill just kms at 30

Maybe I should do that. I think if I had my choice of activities, I'd just fucking hunt and grow crops all day. Someone like me doesn't belong in a world where there's dildos with wifi.

>Knowing Chads, Staceys, and rich normies get everything handed to them is demoralising.
They worked to get to where they are. It's all a process. Stop making excuses, the enemy before you is in the mirror.
Kill the old persona, create a new one. Embrace your quarter life crisis and recreate yourself.

How much cash do you need? I have around 4k cash just became a neet cause got laid off. I feel like just giving up on this corporate world and traveling for a while.

Some of us are too shit in health to be eligible for service.

You are good user, I'm a 48 year old neet and I'm not worried

>t. Nokidz
You are a massive faggot.
Probably gonna get a nasty chink bitch huh?
Probably gonna commit suicide after you realize how cold and loveless they are huh?
Probably think youre successful because you have no kids and are falling for "le millenial traveler meme" huh?
Guess what?
Youre a cuck.
Once you have a kid you become immortalized. How does it feel to be a mortal weakling? How does it feel to know if you died tomorrow your legacy will never carry on?

(cont)

>Flys back 1 year later
>broke
>no job prospects
>no skills
>off worse than when he started

I can't argue with that, but living wild is not for everyone.

Then go do it! I guarentee you fucking won't because trust me I've tried and fuck that noise.
Maybe we just require like 3-4 weeks out of the year to just go out bare ass nekked in the woods and see if you can survive. It would bring a fresh perspective on the office job, it would toughen you up and weed out the soygoys

Check out Jordan Peterson's lectures or see a therapist. Seriously, it's the best thing for where you are right now.

This guy gets it.

True.
But its not that difficult to meet minimum requirments.
I have seen some people who I had to double take because I was shocked they were even approved.

Protip: Its easy as fuck to pass initial tests, they just want people who are dedicated.

The only thing that actually matters for status is your wife. If you get the hottest girl you are at the top and nothing else matters.

I'm an accountant and we work from 7 to 9 most days, including weekends. Sometimes I can't believe you spoiled babies who whine and bitch about a job that lets you out early enough to see the sun

>travel the world meme

>9-5

Does that include lunch break? In Germany it's 9-6.

Technically, but he's never going to be good as someone who started learning in high school. Even more so if he was just not born to do it good.

>we work from 7 to 9

And I thought Germans were wageslaves.

>fuck that noise
>weed out the soygoys
We are meant to be out in the woods soygoy. Im going backpacking in the wilderness for a year in 9 days because I want to do what I want and not convince myself i need an office job

Doubt they want me and my crappy asthma lungs though.

This. Gaps in employment history are not a good thing to put on a resume. Hope you don’t want a job when you return.

I think 9 to 5 is just a meme time that's been around for ages. I've never had a 9 to 5 straight 8 hour job in the US. Only people I know with straight 8 hour work days are government employees and union jackoffs.

>autistic meltdown because user wants to travel

Jesus

TIL traveling is for faggots.

I sometimes worry about my prospects in life, but I look at it logically and see what I have and truly be grateful for it and it doesn't seem that bad.

Listen, if you want a house, car, fancy clothes you will have to become a slave. You get it by selling your soul. A very small percentage make that type of money genuinely through loving passion. You'll have the possessions, but they'll posses you in the end.

I make 25 - 30k a year in my own business (20 - 30% of the tax free) where I work basically 24 - 48 hours a month, get to travel a lot, get free food, gym access and the odd woman. My tax is low as is my rent. Usually have extra money every now and then to buy whatever I like and eat like a king. The room for improving in the job is little, although the little change there is has big rewards. I can work this job until I retire if I please and if I take care of myself.

Retirement probably is also not for our generation (I'm 30). Just enjoy what you have senpai.

I could quit this and get a 'real job' where I get 50k a year. To do that I need an education which I can't afford and won't gaurentee me shit. We just need to accept that we'll never own a house like we think. The best we'll do if find cheap rentals, or buy small piece of land and build your own house.

Try and make life work on your own terms and don't place the bar too high or you'll kill yourself with stress and worry. Read lots of history books so you understand you are living in a golden era of sorts and have a lot to be happy for.

Mostly this.

And this.

>Everything I disagree with is a meme.

Do you live near water? Buy a boat on Craigslist cash and just make sure the bottom is sound and it doesn't have wood rot. A lot of people dump their boats when they get older and don't want to deal with it anymore. You can find 30 to 40 foot solid boats for 5k to 20k depending on condition. After you've bought it you have a place to live no mortgage or rent... However you will have a live aboard slip fee for about 300 to 500 a month but that often covers shore electrical power and a freshwater hookup so basically your monthly expenses could drop to $700 a month if you don't live extravagantly.

If I wasn't married and looking to start a family... Fuck it man I'd sell my house and use half my profit to buy a sweet 45' cruiser for 40 grand and throw the rest in mutual funds. A boat that big will have a Jenny and desalination so I could fuck off to some deserted island every weekend

Get into the trades you fucking goofs. Good fulfilling physical skilled work and decent pay. Trust me, Hitler says so.

I live in the coastal L.A. area and there's tons of marinas packed with boats and everyone calls it the trailer park on the water. I've always wanted to live there lol

you sound like a lazy faggot

enjoy living in poverty

I just sit on my phone from my desk and scroll on Sup Forums

I had asthma and I still got accepted.
Theres things you tell them, and things you forget to tell them...
Maybe it was autism, maybe it wasnt.
All I know is that this faggy millenial "travel le world get le cultured" meme is fucking cancer.

The traveling millennial meme does have some good points. Sometimes they get kidnapped or used as drug mules.

you can get a plane ticket for ~1,000 and there are lot of countries you could function on for ~$10 a day. hostels are like $4-6 dollars a day but it would get pretty old after a few months of meeting random groups of strangers you can only socialize with for a few days before they leave and another random group comes in.

>everything is a meme
ftfy

disconnecting from everything and just living. I don't give a shit about the whole travel meme. I literally just want to see as much cool shit as I can while i'm here and that's it.
I'm going with about 10k not including some more I have saved for when I return. Most people can travel SE Asia for about 6 months on 5k if you're smart.
This is the exact thought process that stops people like you from living their life. Fear.

Get in some kind of trade, OP. It's usually hard physical work, but it's very fulfilling and you don't have to deal with soyboys and women, paradoxically I find it much easier than some office job for this reason. A lot of people would tell you to start a business, but it's very difficult getting it off the ground and personally I have no idea what kind of businesses I'd even want, so I won't try to tell you what to do. But if you have a passion that would allow you to have a profitable business, that's probably the best option.

Idk I only think it’s stupid when it’s normie sluts who travel on their parents’ dime do they can dicked down by men with foreign accents. If I had money I would travel, but I would also try to do language learning and stuff and not treat it like a booze cruise

>This is the exact thought process that stops people like you from living their life. Fear.

Or maybe because it's just reality and not some #wanderlust instagram fantasy. Go travel and have fun, but some people actually believe they can just pick up and go.

Yeah saving money to accomplish my goal of traveling the world for a year is going to look so bad on my resume. Have fun living your shit fear filled life friend

>How does anybody sit in an office being an """Analyst""" in a boring company?
literally me
I've just been browsing Sup Forums all day
idk shit sucks I guess but I've got these student loans that my mom cosigned on that I've got to pay or else she gets shafted
you just deal with it

The people that are harping on about gaps in your employment history are jealous that user has the balls to say fuck this shit and travel. Sad!

>it is hard to write some fake bullshit on your resume to fill in gaps

I can tell you I had a one year+ gap on my resume which I explained away as travel (even though I did not actually travel)

>9-5 is a soul crushing prospect.
It is. I'm 25 and past 5 years have been just
>6:00-7:30 to work
>16:00-19:00 home
>eat
>sleep
>repeat
No gf no social life no nothing. Spend max 5 weeks a year with friends or so on. Occasionally I go hiking to beach or walk in a city. End me.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH Sup Forums? FOR LAST THREE WEEKS I CONSTANTLY GET "The web server reported a bad gateway error." FUCKING ANNOYING.

I'm 30 and I've never had a full-time job that lasted more than six month. I constantly moved between roles, went in and out of education, lived in half a dozen different towns and cities, spent a cumulative total of about four years as a 'NEET'.

This is all going to change for me if the next few months go to plan, which they should. I've been provisionally offered a job role in a high demand field with a starting salary of £32k. If I stay in the field for five years that will likely double then beyond that I'll pretty much be able to write my own pay slips. I don't know how realistic it is that I'll stick at this but I feel more sure about this than I ever have about anything in the past.

Yes it can all change, if you think you want it then don't just give up.

Because your doing it wrong moron, you need wife and kids. Everything is pointless and feels shit if you aren’t the head of a family.

/facepalm

Do what you want to do and create your own reality. You'd be surprised how things will fall into place for you. Or slave away doing something you don't want to be doing for 5 days a week I don't give a shit. All you can do is try and do something awesome you enjoy doing or regret not doing it when you're 60

wtf lad.. i'm 27 too and i'm in the same bucket with you and OP... always the thought of I am only here to suffer pops up in my mind and muh "carrer" is working in a depressing lowpay job, which no future prospects unless you want to whore youself for a few years until you get noticed by somebody

I do 6am to 2 pm and love it

feels like I have so much free time to spend. I can go to the gym, walk my dog, make myself good food and play lots of vidya, yet when I was doing 9-5 or 2-10 it felt like I had no time at all. Funny that.

I also do a manual labour job so I am kept physically fit. I am never sat down during the day, except to eat my lunch.

Perhaps you need another job Op.

Essentially this.

People think they will find meaning or value in their life earning money and spending it on frivolous purchases.

Family and kids give you a purpose to build for.

To have all of that you need to have something in life. I can't just breed for shit and giggles, that's the way you get all these failed homes that rise next criminals.
I hope I achieve my place under sun by 30. See how it goes.

Yeah I don't get it. The inner child of the people writing this shit is definitely wondering how the fuck they grew into such a slave bitch and lost track of their dreams/imagination

I'm in the same position except I'm far more fucked. I'm 29 and I've never had a job of any sort. My parents were well-off for most of my life, then we had a financial rock bottom, then they both developed cancer, then my dad died from it, but my mom lived through it and I had to take care of them and then once it was over, I became Alice from the Brady Bunch - cooking, cleaning, running all the errands, laundry, ect while my mom works.

I spend my down time browsing Sup Forums

I'm trying to find something to get into like programming, something I can teach myself and then become certified in later so that it will guarantee me a job, but I have no idea where to start with that, every "intro" or "tutorial" seems like it was meant for people who are already familiar with the topic while I'm barely literate with technology of any sort.

Was thinking about trying something in the stock market, but again, it's so goddamned confusing trying to figure out all of this shit works.

Besides killing myself, what would Sup Forums recommend as far as something I can teach myself from home which will also guarantee me a job of some sort in the future?

>nazi larper
>probably lives in some hick town with 50% highschool graduation rate
>thinks the entire world terrible and he has nothing to learn because his hick smalltown is shit
>still afraid to leave because he doesnt know anything else and wouldnt be able to function socially in a different environment

exactly

Kids won't be there when you're dying, crying out in pain in the old folks home. Seen it plenty of times. They stop giving a fuck.

If you have a broken family.

Getting good at anything is like ten thousand hours, essentially gtfo now and dedicate a year to doing nothing but getting good at something

“Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.” - Terrence Mckenna

I think he was responding ironically to the other anti-travel post

I live in Central Florida, but I love the Merritt Island area. It'd be a long commute to work but it'd be worth it to have no more mortgage and to be able to come back to my boat Friday nights and have a beer and cigar on my stern while anchored some place quiet in the intracoastal.

Only possessions I'd need are 1 laptop, a tablet to load my books, my WASR 63 rifle and a waterproof case of 1000 rds, and a week's worth of outfits for work. Only thing I think I'd miss is easily doing laundry, but most marinas have a small laundromat. Oh well, after my kid

27 here never worked a day in my life
went to university doing nothing for 4 years, dropped out, did some volunteer stuff (light work, doesn't count) now I'm NEET
I've got zero interests besides politics but I'm a bad speaker that's why I'm fucked

Two hours a day? I might be able to manage that. Can I have an hour for dinner though?

Become apart of the AM bodybuilding crew.
5:40-8 AM.

Women will never love you the way they love their children.
Your children won't respect you.
You family don't hold you in high regard unless you have something to give them.
Your job isn't fulfilling.
Sex becomes boring in time.
Your dog may like you.
You're never going to grow the balls to slaughter Muslims or niggers.

The only true joy in life is the physical pain felt by the pursuit of gains.

jesus christ hans even the migrants sell drugs and prostitutes to bring in money.

neets are so disgusting... too lazy to work and too pussy to end it all

That is all very true.
If you are a beta

I was a beta male orbiter for 35 years
Yes, boomer here.
Now I am MGTOW, but not the violent, hate-filled young MGTOW of today, but the oldschool "it just happened that way" MGTOW. Now I am old and my sex drive is low, and the other female boomers are shriveled up and ugly. MGTOW for life.

>I am a slave and I’m proud, fuck anyone who isn’t!

>Getting good at anything is like ten thousand hours

I thought that was a Malcolm Gladwell meme?

>essentially gtfo now and dedicate a year to doing nothing but getting good at something

I'm ready to become good at ........ something. Any recommendations for something that will guarantee me a salaried position at some point?

Just registered myself in germany. Gonna start working a 9 to 5. Realized how shitty life actually is. Dropped out of college. As I realized the harsh reality I started crying. Didn't cry for 3 years. I'm 22. Lived with my parents, now live with my grandma in a 33 sq meter appartement. Gonna move out as soon as I have enough money saved for a small apartement the same size. Life is unbelievable. We are still fking slaves. Nothing changed since the feudal ages. I'm thinking how I'm not even gonna have a wife/gf and kids... never gonna happen with work taking my whole day. But I guess I should accept it. As soon ad I do I'll be able to deal with it mentally. Only good thing is I'll save some money after some years...

Money that has no worth... fking jews

Meme?
It’s not like it’s a rule.
But you aren’t going to be good at anything unless you give up a part of your life for it. And if you haven’t being doing tech since your a kid you won’t be as proficient as a 20 year old who has until you are 40. Probably not even as good desu because you missed the window when your brain was forming to learn tech.

lol you're such a massive faggot. It's so easy to live off the wild and have plenty of leisure time, especially once you know the area and begin propagating edible plants

also soygoys are the 9-5'ers

kill yourself

Needed to read that. Thanks senpai

>me
>turn 22 this year
>finishing my bachelor in History
>Feel empty
>No real goal, everything is grey, nothing really passionate about
>Military from september onwards
>Afterwards either Masters of History or starting over doing something new
>History Master seems like a dead end with no real prospects afterwards
>Starting over seems exciting, but scared Ill end up wasting even more time to end up in a job with average pay at best, realising its not what I want either
>Not even sure what to study
>Used to want to become a journalist
>Used to want to travel alot
>Used to want to get somewhere someday
>Scared that im wasting my life and will end up a disappointment to both myself and my family
>Dont feel like im good at anything
>Have wasted my youth playing videa, graduated High School decently, knew that I could have been better if I would have been more determined
>Have done nothing besides loosing my virginity the last three years and Uni
>Journalism is absolutly cancerous and unsafe to get into in any way
>Seems like less and less of something I want
>No idea what I actually want

I dont know what to do lads. I just feel like I have no prospects. I could probably do anything but I dont know what the fuck I want to do and im scared of wasting even more time.
Im not sure if History isnt fullfilling me because I have nothing to work towards and most of my mates are happy with working shit-pay jobs that they probably wouldnt have needed to study History for, or if im just low key hoping that everything will change if I start over and that I could have been happy with History if I actually took the effort to work towards something besides university to get into a field.
Am I depressed? I feel like I dont have energy for anything and im not really passionate about anything. One day life looks allright the next im unhappy again.