Mawaru Penguindrum

6 years ago today, first episode Mawaru Penguindrum aired. Time sure flies.

twitter.com/ikuni_noise/status/883308787913809921

I hope you've been well, Penguinbros.
Seizon senryaku!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6DBi2GHOazc
youtube.com/watch?v=ddp53VZmnMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>6 years.
Damn, Still one of my favorite times on Sup Forums and the show was just immaculate.

God bless Kanba, The real hero.

>6 years ago
FUCK.
I still have my Koizumi+Esmeralda folder.

Weird ass shit anime, but the OST was pure gold.

Kek, he took Esmeralda everywhere with him, didn't he? I loved his sexy Sanetoshi voice, I wish he voiced more anime.

>6 years
Holy shit. Could still remember all that incest hype after Ep1 aired.

How can we forget?

Listening to Grey Wednesday is depressing.

Dropped this episode 1 while it was airing, came back to it last year and it's one of my favorites now.
Wish I hadn't been so stupid, the threads looked like fun.

MAWARU PENGUINDRUM: DROPPED ALL WEEK EVERY WEEK

Ep 1 NTRshit DROPPED
Ep 2 just another generic fanservice series DROPPED
Ep 3 fucking homolust DROPPED
Ep 4 no SEIZON SENRYAKU?! DROPPED
Ep 5 ringo is an annoying bitch DROPPED
Ep 6 ringo is still an annoying psychotic bitch DROPPED
Ep 7 eww those frogs are disgusting DROPPED
Ep 8 shouma is gone DROPPED
Ep 9 shaft ripoff shit DROPPED
Ep 10 shouma is back DROPPED
Ep 11 so many asspulls DROPPED
Ep 12 incest crap DROPPEDEp 13 flashback: the anime DROPPED
Ep 14 lesbianshit shouma is a douchbag DROPPED
Ep 15 yuri isn’t a futa DROPPED
Ep 16 lol so randumb DROPPED
Ep 17 Akira Ishida was evil twist is stupid DROPPED
Ep 18 pulleys dont work like that DROPPED
Ep 19 sibling NTR the anime DROPPED
Ep 20 cat abuse isnt cool DROPPED
Ep 21 i see dead people shyamalan ripoff DROPPED
Ep 22 errybody dying forced drama DROPPED
Ep 23 gg cuts end card and preview; himaris snot was disgusting DROPPED
EP 24 cant color wars anymore. DROPPED

The threads were amazing and I've never had that much fun on Sup Forums since then.

>Ep 1 NTRshit DROPPED
Remind me again

I have one with a different ending.

>Keyhole
Those were surely dark days.

I loved those wordclouds. Nothing has ever excited me as much as idiotically shouting characters' names in capital letters in the livestream threads.

Kanba kissed Himara in her sleep thus NTR-ing Shouma. Also the paste was updated every week and not made after the show ended.

Good times.

reminder that Ringo is best girl.

Stalker Ringo a best

Too bad it went to shit in the last third

While watching the show, I found her antics a bit boring but now looking back at it, Ringo was the funniest part of the show. It's thanks to her that we got to hear Ishida as a frog.

>6 years
Nice, at 1 episode every 6 months I am nearly halfway through!

On one hand I regret not watching this live, on the other I'm glad I didn't have to wait between each episode.

Shouma should have won the Himaribowl.

>that one episode toward the end where it looked like he might and Sup Forums had a seizure for an entire week until the next episode

He did win but Himari gave him up.

Shouma/Himari is best. Shouma an idiot.

Shouma/Ringo was the OTP of the show, my dude.

I agree.

For me, the waiting and all the speculah in between were the best part. I can't enjoy shows thoroughly if I just marathon them.

No, it was Shouma's faceless homo admirer/Shouma.

I really need to rewatch Penguindrum, it's really been 6 years huh?

Well, it's 20 years for Utena.

sup?

No, not again.

I want to remember that episode only with the cool Utena-esque shots.

It's a real dilemma for me. I prefer marathoning shows like this, but once they're over it's impossible to talk about them here.

Good times.

Rip gg

Supe, how do you do?

I see that you're a man of culture too.

>tfw the site that archived the the episode and speculah threads is dead

Holy shit I completely forgot about Keyhole

Bear Tsubaki's child

Kanba a shit. He only won because Shouma decided he wanted a different bitch.

Someone lacks the taste of a patrician here.

>his literal goal in life was someone else's leftovers

J U S T

Didnt he sisterzone him? Red dude wanted Himari

her*

Yeah Shouma sisterzoned Himari but he did win.

Masterpiece

I still remember.... i wanna cry.... DESTINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss gg.

Reading 8th Sin's TL notes was fun.

Oh shit, I'd never thought about Penguinthreads being gone when the archive died. Looks like I only saved the final livestream thread, and now I'm glad that I did.

I've started reading through it right now.

>THEIR HOUSE
>THEIR HOUSE WAS THE TRAIN

>APPPLEEEE WHAAAAAAT?????

Those were fun days ;_;

Why are gg memesubs okay but Commie memesubs aren't? Is it because gg were a bit more subtle?
Don't want to ruin a perfectly nice Penguindrum thread but I'm genuinely interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=6DBi2GHOazc
>さぁ想い出して 夢に生きてた頃を

How can the other ending songs even compete?

What went so wrong?

gg wasn't OK though, they were literally the most hated.
it's just nostalgia now.

Lack of Ikuhara, duh. Penguindrum proves studios only matter when there's a good director involved.

Because back then the reaction was more "Oh, you!" rather than autistic screeching like it is today.

I see you wren't around for the threads. There was loads of shitposting about the subs. It's chill now because it was 6years ago.

It's mostly nostalgia, the reason people like them now is because they translated a lot of shows that never would have been done otherwise, and didn't get buttmad and smug if you called them shit
Commie memesubs
>uh actually this is a legitimate form of translation, you plebs are too stupid to understand lmao, blocking you on twitter now kthxbye
gg memesubs
>deal with it

Did they use Heroes as an ED or was it just an insert/OST song?

>Why are gg memesubs okay but Commie memesubs aren't?
They aren't, but after 6 years people simply get over it and share the "so bad is good" parts. The same shit happens with JJBA fans and DiU's Duwang tranlation.

>Ep 18 pulleys dont work like that DROPPED

My favorite week

It's at the end of episode 23 alongside Sanetoshi's monologue.

If someone were to stream it I would totally watch it together with you guys.

I should probably re-watch it sometime in the near future then.
After having read (and watched) Night on the Galactic Railroad it will be interesting to be able to see the effect it had on Penguindrum.

Started a rewatch because of this thread, forgotten how good it is.
Haven't got to the ultra annoying Ringo episodes yet though.

That monologue with that ending was so good. I've lost count of how many times I watched that part.

This show makes the average isekai look great in comparison.

>6 years ago
Holy fuck, time is flying.
Actually it was my OTP.

terrible cuck show, dropped

Yeah, keep deluding yourself into believing that this anime isn't utter garbage.

This show was a fucking ride and I didn't even watch it with Sup Forums. I just remembered: youtube.com/watch?v=ddp53VZmnMw

Penguindrum was the most fun I've had with Sup Forums. I put Penguindrum threads over Code Geass threads.

I miss it so much.

I was on Sup Forums when it aired but I only went to the TWGOK threads. I only watched Penguindrum at least 3 years after it aired, I think.

I kinda regret it, those threads probably were memorable.

Me too, user.
I've always regrettted not watching CG with Sup Forums, but being here for Penguindrum was invaluable for me.

I didn't watch either of those shows with Sup Forums, but I think I got a similar experience watching Samurai Flamenco with Sup Forums. I wonder which show will take us for a ride next.

Such a materpiece. About time for a rewatch I think.

Does anyone know if they changed anything for the blurays? Want to know if they're worth downloading over the original gg subs.

As far as I recall, there were many redrawn scenes like pic related. I think you can find them if you search them. I never downloaded them. I even regret applying the patch over gg meme subs.

That's a pretty dramatic change.

Is it strange that I like the TV version better?

It's because that particular episode was ridiculously off-model.

Wish the archives didn't die those saved threads were always fun to revisit

I like the TV version better too. Kanba actually looks cool there, he looks more like a bland bishounen in the BD.

fireden

>About time for a rewatch I think.
I hope you watched Night on the Galactic Railroad first. I plan on rewatching Penguindrum sometime soonish too, but I'll have to give that movie another go first. I'm especially unsure about the KanbaCampanella (had to look that spelling up) parallel.

I WILL NOT BE CRUSHED

Wait, I thought the entire archive was kill and the threads from 2011 were forever lost. I can't find any old threads there.

>watching Night on the Galactic Railroad
I think you should just the read the story instead of bothering with that movie, user.

Oh I guess you're right.
I could have sworn fireden was complete.

Yeah not sure what fireden is but all the old live threads are lost

Why do you say that? The movie is beautiful.

gg actually subs shows, especially that weren't getting subbed otherwise. Macross for example.

commie want e-peen and only do popular shows which an official release. Just watch the horriblesubs version instead of their ESL crap.

I'd watched them if they were the best, or the only ones doing a show, but they never are. Because it doesn't help their e-penis.

But the W I D E bishounen is more Ikuhara's style.

I think I really liked reading the story. I read it a couple of days before the finale and was shitting bricks when I saw scorpion fire in the last episode.

>I still haven't watched the second half

Oh. It thought you meant there was something wrong with the movie. I guess I should get to reading the book sometime too, but these things take so much time.

Speaking of gg, is their site down?