Japan love western anime

Japan love western anime

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-30/chibi-maruko-chan-sazae-san-dr-slump-top-list-of-most-viewed-anime-episodes/.97077
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do people think of Hitsuji no Shaun?
Who was wrong, who was right?

what is the point of this thread.

>visible S

>babby discovered Sazae-san and Co.

So what even IS Sazae-San? How the hell do you write episodes every week for over 45 years and not have any sort of home media to watch old episodes? Are they actually just recycling episodes and expect the younger audiences to never have seen them before?

Do they even air anywhere but japan?

Yes, and?

They are most watched on tv than the japanese shows

Shaun is a literal masterpiece

>implying
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-30/chibi-maruko-chan-sazae-san-dr-slump-top-list-of-most-viewed-anime-episodes/.97077

I'd assume recycling ideas works well enough. I thought of the show being able to pump out episodes like how comic strips can pump out jokes everyday for newspapers. Its a slice of life after all so it can get away with this type of thing easier than other genres could

The movie wasnt very good

poor boku no hero
tv ratings are not a fan of the series

delet this.

>Japan has shit taste
What else is new op?

>One Piece and DB surpassed Doraemon and Conan 1 week

Well they must be happy

In Europe

>watching sheep do stupid stuff
>watching dog do stupid stuff with them
>when day ends everything is fixed and back to normal
>masterpiece
Maybe if you are 10 year old kid

>Pokemon S&M

Every fucking time

>watching fruit pirates get lost in a new island only topunch individually a bunch of enemies
>watching a deer fighting with them
>when the arc ends they have a party and recycle the same idea
>masterpiece

Maybe if you're 7 years old

Western anime?

I didn't know it was possible to be this wrong

Some newshit discovered that "anime" is Japanese for cartoon and that western cartoons sometimes make it onto "most viewed anime" lists again. Happens once a month or so.

Sounds like your average anime.

It's French for cartoons ("dessin animé" - animated drawing) but the Japanese also took the word to refer to their cartoons.

and to refer to animation in general

the ratings were that bad?

It's a late night show. All late night shows get "bad ratings" and nobody gives a shit because they aren't trying to get good ones.

how do you feel about k-on

>Pokemon SM is in the top 10
>YW is gone
>Snack World isn't there either
What went wrong, Level-5?

Maruko-chan used to air on Animax in SEA
Doraemon is widely popular in Asia and Europe

Yokai Watch dropped HARD in popularity after the second game. It was just a fad.

Snack World just feels like a failed concept that tried too hard to be marketable worldwide. It lacks the "collectable shit" appeal their other hit franchises had.

I know it was a fad but it didn't seem like its popularity declined suddenly. I was in Japan last year and as recently as last year YW merchandise was still everywhere, and Pokemon merchandise was noticeably less common. Then again, this was before Sun and Moon were released.

Also, these ratings never fail to amuse me with the fact that Naruto and Boruto almost never appear in these lists. Heck, Naruto used to air right after Pokemon but Pokemon almost always had higher ratings than Naruto (and for that matter, higher ratings than Aikatsu which comes before it).

All Level-5 franchises are fads. It's literally their marketing strategy: Introduce franchise, push it ridiculously hard for a couple years, then drop it and roll out the next franchise once kids start losing interest. They have no interest in lasting appeal. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Inazuma Eleven or Danboru Senki anymore, Level-5 included.

Please Layton, save me from the Yokai.

Naruto used to occasionally appear. It usually only gets slightly too few viewers to make it on.

Aikatsu has struggled hard for years.

>It's a late night show.
it's not. 5:30pm

When I said "franchises", I meant their huge multimedia franchises, not video game ones like Layton. Layton sells because of gameplay, not because "HEY KIDS THIS IS AWESOME GO BUY MERCH NOW!"

>You will die during Sazae-san's lifetime

The manga and merch sell well enough. It'll be one of the yearly adaptation series that'll probably go through the entire manga.

And the ratings were good. At least half of the episodes were in the weekly top 10.

this

So why did YW die out so quickly anyway? It was the biggest thread to Pokemon in years and yet it couldn't sustain that momentum?

Layton witt that cute female lead will bring in new scum

O-saru no JOJO.

Because it's a Level-5 franchise and that's how Level-5's modus operandi works.

Nope. People seem to believe not getting into the top 10 constantly is considered bad. the ratings for the entire 1st cour:

*3.3__*3.4__*3.5__*3.9__*2.9__*2.9__*3.5__*3.4__*3.0__*3.2__*3.0__*2.8__*2.9

About half of the episodes made it into the top 10.

>western anime
Is this one level behind animes?