Subtiles Quality

Perhaps the second episode of Fate/Apocrypha will finally teach people not to watch garbage subs. I see a lot of people on Youtube picked up some anime streaming site to watch the episode, who in turn picked the shitty Meta subs.

It has been a while when there has been this much contrast in subtiles. It's not just the translation but the timing of the subtiles as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/
nyaa.si
qbittorrent.org/download.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I guess the Berserker class really is made up of berserkers

>I see a lot of people on Youtube picked up some anime streaming site to watch the episode
You included?

Why couldn't Nero just be happy to be doing a good job and not need acknowledgement from a distant father?

No. I torrented the episodes.

Perhaps it doesn't even matter because both versions get the same idea across?

This.
But what do you expect of most Fate kids who knows absolutely no japanese, so they need their subs to be impeccable.

Near the end Mordred asks her Master how she did in her fight, and meta translated it as Mordred asking her Master to fight.

See I can't believe retards are actually defending this.

But then there are times when the subtiles carry a different meaning, or are missing it?
You are left wonder what the fuck did the character meant by that and have to take a second to correct the meaning in your mind.

With newfags to the series this can result in fatal misunderstandings, or not understanding some sentences at all.

Don't take the bait.

>doesn't know japanese enough to correct a few things
>"b-but you're the retards!"
My sides. Fate kids at their best.

Really?
This shit was full of errors

So what are you doing watching youtube video of ironic and normalfags weebs?

I've laughed my ass off the entire morning watching YouTube reactors using the garbage subtitles that streaming sites picked up

The right is objectively better because of the concept of active vs passive voice.

A simpler example
>she was running
>she ran

Japanese syntax is weird and differs vastly from Germanic/Romantic syntax.

I personally watch them to get high on their ignorance and utter stupid-ness when it comes to all things Fate and watching this autistic sperg under the name Harry Dresden write text walls in the comment section

>watching youtube reactors

Jesus Christ how embarrassing.

(You)

t. Youtube reactors

Left is a more direct translation, while right has been altered to make more sense to English viewers.

I don't see what the problem is? It's a matter of taste.

>people on Youtube
Oh... the youtube people.... right...

I bet to you is just a matter of "localization" as well, hm?

>ありがとうございます
"God bless you" can be used as another way of thanking someone, especially if it's a religious person saying it. It's very appropriate there.

>Mexicans who barely speak English sub a show in broken English
>Other Mexicans rally to defend the dumpster fire
Why can't these people just stay in their own language and not inflict themselves upon the rest of us?

It's always the esl shits who defend garbage translations.

UTW subs are barely better. Instead of simply translating they added a lot of shit characters never said for no reason AND they got stuff wrong the other shitty subs actually got right.

>with a cherry on top
>B Rank

any good subbers not in the cartel I can go to for something?

>Then why does Berserker go berserk
incredible

Oh goody is this a fansub war thread

I miss those times where a single hot show gets a dozen fansubs on it

What's the problem with picking up a random anglo and getting them to proofread their stuff? I have a pretty mild tolerance for sub quality but this looks pretty lazy.

I agree. We should all flock to one fansubber and shit on the other one until they give up on subbing, making it so there's only one option. It's been working very well for us so far, after all.
I mean there's no way CR would fail to license popular titles, or that one subber would fill their shit with unnecessary localization and memes, or hell even leave works unfinished right?

To be fair it's a very good question.

>people been on this site and watching anime for god knows how long
>they still need subs

Maybe you need to understand how English works before posting.

So why complain here, tell it to the streaming sites

Why did fansubbing die off anyway?

Yeah yeah, I know, newfag question. Just curious.

so.. uh which one that you considered better? i personally like the right one better.

The cancer know as CR.

Daiz.

Indeed.

That's the same retarded argument that people spout for everything, including video games. Just because the problem doesn't effect us doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

post it please

When will Hadena return to save us from this hell?

Were there more subbed series before crunchyroll came into the scene?
I always wondered which fansub groups crunchyroll translaters were part of too.

Crunchyroll, Funimation and other sites started releasing subbed versions shortly after episodes aired on Japan. They were fast, video quality wasn't so bad (except Funimation) and the subs were okay, not perfect but if there were errors anyone with half a brain could notice them and know what's actually being said.

That combination of speed and okay overall quality made the average anime watcher flock to them and fansubs started to decline because there was no point in subbing anything if CR was already doing it. Some groups still grabbed CR's script, fixed it a little, attached it to their own video and call it a day, but it's happening less and less now.

nice

This is like Angra Mainyu from Fate

I don't understand why that would make existing fansubbing groups want to stop though.

When you have a hobby you don't just stop because people also have the same hobby. It's not like fansubbing is a lucrative business anyway, so getting less views wouldn't financially stop them.

The only reason I would imagine people would stop is because they were getting an ego boost from being popular / the only guys who did it. If that's the case, that's hardcore faggotry.

Because who the hell would wait 3-4 days for subs when you can get it 1 hours on horriblesubs after the anime aired?

Fansub started because official subs didn't exist, when there's official subs that come out almost as quick as their aired episodes there's almost no point.

He was the one who created Angry Manjew.

>Nero
Here's a (You)

>muh literal translation

flow dialogue > super dry literal

At least it's not mass naked child events.

They subbed because they wanted the minuscule amount of fame it brought. You should see the shit manga sub groups do.

I would.

I'd much prefer to watch a higher quality subbed episode 3 or 4 days from now than watch an okay or mediocre subbed episode today.

Why am I in such a rush to watch that episode that I would watch an inferior copy just so I could have seen it sooner? So I can shitpost on Sup Forums and have useless discussion which would be a waste of time? So I can talk to all 0 of my real life friends who watch anime?

Am I literally the only sane person out there? Is the world filled with BR's who can't wait 5 seconds for their Japanese children shows? Say it isn't so.

サーバントがスルーされるのでマスターが囮にならないといけない?いっそマスターが戦った方が速い

these utw newshits are pretty bad

>UTW
>good
>changing D Rank to B rank
>astolfo says bullshit like cherry on top

It is and especially on Sup Forums.

I don't know, maybe it's because I barely need subs so I don't mind the quality. If I notice something is off I have enough understanding to know what was actually said and my brain filters it.

So go away and to the fansub group sites and channels, suck up to them to provide ego boosts so that they won't quit subbing the shows that you were willing to wait for.
You're not watching those subs just to feel superior on /a, are you?

this also doesn't Herkz and Xythar's work for UTW?

>Perhaps the second episode of Fate/Apocrypha will finally teach people not to watch garbage

Doubt it.

savage

>Is the world filled with BR's who can't wait 5 seconds for their Japanese children shows?
They're simply more likely to post.

>EOP thinks he's not an EOP because he knows 1-2 words in a sentence

Back to the rolling in the mud with the rest of the EOPs, pleb.

This. If Fatebabies actually cared about avoiding garbage, then they wouldn't be Fatebabies in the first place.

>[meta] Fate Apocrypha - 02 v2 [720p] [HEVC] [x265] [AAC] [8bit] [Subbed].mkv
>[HEVC] [x265]
Is Daiz angry because someone beat him to it?

You act like there are huge differences in subbing quality, when really the differences are tiny and really don't change the meaning of the sentence at all.

This. Enjoy sucking off ego-tripping trannies who demand they be praised in their Discord for 2 days straight if they are to lift a finger let alone start subbing. Be sure to defend them everywhere because if their feelings get hurt, they won't grace us inferior beings with their heavenly subs. You'll probably have to donate to their patreon too.

I'm happy fansubbing is dead, they were all scum.

There's patreon pages for fansubs?

I think he meant it as a general example of them being narcissistic subhumans. Fansubbing was already dying when Patreon started becoming commonplace, I'm sure that if fansubbing was still going "strong" today, there'd be patreons.

If you can't see the difference between these two sentences, there is a HUGE fucking difference.

'But why are you treacherous' is barely proper English, even by the original FSN VN TL standard. Yes, it technically makes sense, but it's not a proper sentence with any actual meaning. It's like word vomit - where it all technically makes sense, but no real person would ever say that. 'Yet you rebelled' is the SAME SENTENCE, but translated in such a way that is actually a feasible thing a real person would use.

This is what translation is all about, by the way. Are you ESL or something? Because you're reminding me a lot of the ESLfags who were posting when Persona 5's english TL dropped and the translation was also pretty fucking janky.

Wait, is the left translation an official sub?

>Are you ESL or something?
Are you, or just American/retarded? Go read , we were talking specifically about HS stuff, not the horrid beaner "subs" of this episode. Things are a lot different if we're talking broken spic shit instead of HS.

Deleted and reposted because the misplaced ? was really annoying me.

I'm more tired, then anything else. Was following two chains and saw your post. My bad, user.

It is a 'fast' sub which appeared this week after fans of the show had been waiting for a day or two for English subtitles. A ton of people downloaded it, claiming that "something is better than nothing". Maybe an hour or two later, the proper subs came out. I can only assume that this thread is meant to discourage people from making similar fast subs in the future.

>same sentence
one is a question and the other a statement
one implies the treachery is ongoing, the other is talking about an action in the past
and you call other people ESL? AND act like you know what translation is about? lrn2read

One of my favorite things from back then is comparing the opening lyrics before and after release of the single.
Must be a difficult thing trying to sort out the ones with engrish for them fansubbers.

It's one thing to wait if the translation is absolutely terrible and barely english like meta's, but no one wants to bother if it's okay, makes sense in english and may have some slight mistranslations the average watcher won't notice

t. Eromanga watcher

With only a few hours of release difference there's no reason to use the shitty ones.

It's not to discourage meta group from releasing back-up subs, but to discourage watchers and stream sites using shitty ones when the good subs follow soon afterwards.

Why pay mind to the stupid actions of people who aren't here? If someone uses streaming sites, they are not likely to be here. Moreover, their opinions and views will never be given credit.

>berserker berserking with berserking berserkers in Vritannis

Because less clueless retards who didn't fully understand the episode they just watched.

Reminder that the best sub group is DameDame

>casualfaggots who didn't get into anime until Crunchyroll don't know how to wait for good fansubs

Let them suffer.

Off topic, but I often see people saying that kissanime is a shit streaming site but I honestly don't know many more (other than gogoanime) What sites do you guys use?

nyaa.pantsu.cat/
nyaa.si
qbittorrent.org/download.php

UTW is also unfortunately shit. Not as bad as this but some old commie tier softsubbing.

All I see is both subs both subs are equally garbage. Meta for being not even ESLs, but more like ETLs, and UTW for being Commie-tier.

Fix your grammar, ESL-kun

>then why does berserker go berserk
why do people die when they are killed

9anime.to is the best streaming site in terms of no bullshit, speed, and quality honestly.

Really though, it's worth downloading anime because of having control over the selection of subtitles, being able to view it in your own video player, etc.

Do you need a VPN or is it safe without one?