Mushoku Tensei 33

>you become strong and cool
>your cool dad that you used to look up to dad becomes a worthless drunk
Some meta level self-insertion right here

I like Paul, instead of a faceless "parent that gasp at his son's every move" you find in other reincarnation series this guy actually has a character independent of the MC.

you can actually see that this is part of his character arc as well which makes his death all the more tragic

What happened to the wife and maid?

Don't worry, he bites it later

they're alive

I like Paul too because he was secretly fucking the meido like a regular human in a marriage instead of being a wish fulfillment sperg and forming a Islamic harem.

One of em' got glassed.
The other got raped.

>raped
Nah. She was just confined to a palace, in the hopes that Roxy (who was well acquainted with her) might come back for her.

one can argue that Paul is a better MC than Rudi

but so is Eris
and Sylphy
and Roxy
and Orsted
and Ruijerd
and Zanoba
and Banana
and Jino

It's like Medaka and Naruto in the "all the side characters can make better main characters" sort of way

I've been reading this and I got up to where Rudeus lost his v-card. What am I in for? I'm pretty sad that the party split up.

A several volume long story arc about Rudy not being able to get his dick hard, which leads into to some strange and tragic events.

School arc and zanoba being the best character

Traditional nip male reaction to sex with a girl.

But user there's no rule in that world where it said that you can't have multiple wives except for Millis faith which was established by Hitogami most likely, considering how he was behind using Badigadi as his pawn when he forced him to split Laplace in half.

That said Hitogami doesn't give a fuck what the humans do, in fact as long as they don't bother him he won't bother them, especially in terms of forcing religion or anything else on them. They probably made those up the doctrines themselves, those fanatic templar lunatics.

I hope the manga doesn't focus on Tokyo DTED for too long.

so why rudy didn't fuck nana again?

>But user there's no rule in that world where it said that you can't have multiple wives
A setting expressly written for the purpose of eventual self-insert harem ending bullshit. I wish just once we'd get an ending with mistresses, bastards, and affairs.

Because in Japanese otaku NEET loser culture if you fuck a girl you must marry her and the author thought a polygamy of 4+ would be too hard to write.

this pic said it all....

What the fuck is this heresy? Real girls can't be that bitchy and autistic, right?

At least the artist didn't remind us he's fat ugly trash this chapter.

which was correct since it was beyond his means to even write a polygamy of 3 properly

Not every affair has to be edgy. There do exist examples in the real world as well where that doesn't happen and they coexist peacefully. And it definitely wouldn't happen with Rudeus considering how involved he was with all the heroines and how they cared for him.
In the first place the human mentality there is especially screwed after the 6 worlds merged. It was a complete chaos at first untill all the races settled down somewhat. The mentality of the humans there underwent many changes due to the influence of the 5 world races and their cultures. Especially the demon race where you can have multiple wives.

Sup Forums's seasonal rage fuel for January 2016

>MC is in a world surrounded by girls with cow-tits, perfect bodies, and outright lolis
>goes after the traditional Japanese girl
>Sup Forumsnon: superior nippon folded 1000 times amirite?

>get the novel where he doesn't go for the traditional Japanese girl
>Sup Forumsnon: WHAT How dare he not fuck best girl!

>Rudeus considering how involved he was with all the heroines and how they cared for him.
That literally doesn't matter, if anything it proves my point. Harem would never happened if all parts of their brain were functioning. Who said anything about edgy? For 1000s of years people had mistresses and bastards that their wives had to begrudgingly deal with.

oh bloody fuck off you cunt, nana was ten times better than dum dum eris or cuck elf
go suck a fat one

weeaboo

Again its a different world, different mentality, different logic, their rules, If it can happen in the real world and there are families with multiple wives without conflict there's no way it wouldn't happen especially there where the concept of monogamy isn't particularly strong.

post like these makes me wonder what would happen if the series would've been perfect if the MC only gone after 1 girl

though even then there would be a lot of "best girl" posting involved, it's already bad enough people want banana and the beast girls in the harem.

Fuck off with realism

People wanted him to bang Ariel, people wanted him to bang Aisha, people wated him to bang Norn, Rinia etc. But the author was clearly set on the 3 heroines from the very beginning. It did cause a lot of butthurt but eventually they had to deal with it.

The only way harems can function is under religious dogma or true female oppression. Although I suspect that may change with the next few generations of youth cultures. I've seen polamory gaining traction, but that's an excuse for beta losers to let their girlfriends get fucked by other guys.
I've only read one convincing multi-person relationship in a nipponese manga and that was the bigamy from Honeymoon Salad. The manga did a sufficient job of demonstrating that relationships with any one of the two girls were not sustainable, and the only way they could have happiness was through a threesome, with both girls having a type of codependency with each other. And there wasn't even any yurishit.

>its a different world, different mentality, different logic, their rules
Don't try to pretend that's it's not just the author wanting to jerk off his self-insert.

>and there are families with multiple wives without conflict
Except those don't exist, not really. Polygamy is a fucking nightmare from a psychological standpoint and people simply can't function in a multiple partner relationship while keeping everyone equal. There is always a either a number 1 or a lack of genuine affection in these things, because otherwise the multiplied drama gradually drives people insane and some part eventually gives.

That's not the point. It's that the other characters being subject to realism, and the protagonist not, is both transparent and contrived.

I'm just saying how it is especially after reading the Laplace prequel but yes the fulfillment factor is part of it as well.

what happened to the translations?

Yup, that's why mistresses worked. The legal wife rationalized "well, he loves me the most, or else he wouldn't keep coming back to me", and the mistress rationalized "he really loves me the most, but social and economic obligations force him to stay married to his wife".

You know, after reading the translated WN I came to fucking despise harems.
The general plot was fine even if the ending was a bit weak. The characters were fine too, but I feel Rudi taking the personal relationships that way was annoying and it really devalued them.
Sorry, just needed to get it off

It doesn't work anymore because the wife can just hit the mistress up on Facebook to compare notes, totally fragging your play.

even with MT being a wish-fulfillment/self-insert series it's not like those terms mean anything anymore

nowadays the only thing that cannot be called self-insert fantasies are Berserk-level suffering stories. Anything lighter than that are wish fulfillment stories made for neckbeards and/or landwhales

Exactly however they have a very very different mentality and especially after what they went through together: almost getting wiped out by Orsted, the circumstances, Rudeus working his ass off for them doing gods work, it would've been literally a stab in the back if they started quarreling and ruining the family, they talked between each other, set specific rules and eventually after the children were born got used to it.

Also Sylplhy was incredibly dependent on Rudeus. People talk about how she shouldn't have allowed Roxy to stay but it was psychological moment as well where she couldn't risk anything especially when the child was about to be born and Rudeus had the financial ability to support them all without issues.

still handled better than most relationships in the genre

though that's not saying much

>Exactly however they have a very very different mentality and especially after what they went through together: almost getting wiped out by Orsted, the circumstances
>Also Sylplhy was incredibly dependent on Rudeus. People talk about how she shouldn't have allowed Roxy to stay but it was psychological moment as well where she couldn't risk anything especially when the child was about to be born and Rudeus had the financial ability to support them all without issues.

All of this makes it work less. General rule for harems is the more detached, the more likely they are to work. It's a common correlation fallacy to think that more love and dependency equals more stability and acceptability, when all it equals is a stronger desire to monopolize.

>be noble
>be pragmatic protagonist who understands the importance of nobility
>propose to your maid
>in a room filled with nobles
I mean, I can make an exception for the dog girl, since she's in the merchant class, but the maid? No, meidos should be fucked on the DL.

They had very different circumstances from normal Harems. Sylphy was basically being brainwashed by Rudeus during all her childhood. She didn't have the mental strength or the will to monopolize him.

Eris as well had nothing besides him. The moment her family was wiped out she decided to dedicate everything for him even going as far as to train after they had their first night to defeat Orsted. She really didn't have anything after coming back.

But user, he went after one girl. He had his heart and loin set on Eris until she left him, and afterwards aimed only to be with Slyph as shown by his obsession with that vow to be with her and not with the beast girls. Rudeus was reluctant to have a harem and only did so because he got egged on due to how the world worked. If it was not for the arguments made by the elf and the future Rudeus he would have never added anyone on.

Yeah, I read some other mangas of the same genre and MT was handled way better.
Still, I expected this to end like with Roxy and Rudy deepening their teacher-student via reaserching new magic, Sylphy actually learning to be by herself and Eris marrying him and assisting Rudi in his battles as proof to all those years training. Feels like they wasted the relationship's setup in the first part.
I'm still mad, it feels like it handled the isekai although it felt more like normal fantasypart pretty well while fucking up Rudi's relationships

>Eris is a shrew
>Sylphy is a peasant
>Roxy is a discriminated minority that searching for a place to belong

Really Sylphy does have mental ability but it doesn't matter since the other two already acknowledged her as the head wife anyway.

> Sylphy actually learning to be by herself

she technically did off screen with Ariel and Luke

Umm she clearly doesn't like pic related.

>all three are women

Wouldn't work. ftfy.

Don't worry, sylphy is fine with rudi having an affair with everyone EXCEPT Nanahoshi her mortal enemy.

She did sure, but you can see how she really bent to Rudi's will. I guess changing the harem would be a pain without substantially altering Sylphy's character or the magic school's arc.
But then you would have to find a way to cure Rudi's ED.
I guess let him suffer 3-4 years more and find a way to get his hands on the aprodishiac could be one

She's afraid of being left out, that's the thing. Its not about monopolizing him but being driven away if he hooks up with someone else. That's what she's always feared same as when the baby was born 'Is Rudeus going to kick us out because this childs hair is green?' etc even at that point she was panicking like crazy when things were settled already.

You've written the case for murder suicide, not harem.
Be a patrician. Read real harem like 白銀妃

>itt people think love without jealousy is love
Nobody has ever loved Rudy and nobody ever will. He picked up a bunch of brain damaged bitches and lured them into codependency.

>the other harem girls fuck the new girl just cuz

too /u/4/me/

What is this user, picked up.

>Hiatus
>no translations

The only girl obtained somewhat fairly is Roxy. The others are cases of wife husbandry achieved by being an old man in the body of a boy their age.

>openly admitting you can't read moonrunes on Sup Forums

Man, this board has really changed from the old days.

Roxy was fine on her own.
Eris maybe, depends if she was simply infatuated when she left Rudy or not, until then she was just a little bitch
Sylphy, yeah. She was codependent on Rudy until their separation and even then she's pretty bounded to him

>Learning a shitty language as moonrunes

やあ, あいつと違って僕できるよ!!!
まあ...少しだけどね

actually Sup Forums often declared they can't into moonrunes (the term moonrunes came from Sup Forums for instance)

it was /jp/ that shames you for not into runes

ancient China had harems too

Sylphy viewed Rudi like how Rudi viewed Roxy

Mushoku Tensei is one of those shows where every character but the MC is a great character. Rudy is such a fucking shit character: he's not interestinf, his motivations are bullshit, his reactions are bullshit, and despite having an actual age of 40+ he's a fucking moron.

ざけんなてめえ

I know right, when will these bitches learn, stay in your lane.

Akin to a god?
If so, then yeah.
But Rudy didn't have the same kind of codependency with Roxy

though I like the fact that he's a squishy wizard all throughout the series

the supposed "OPMC" seemed to always get his ass kicked by anyone half-way decent

>diary chapters

>learning nip for manga/anime

Waste of fucking time.

The future ones?
Or some other stuff I missed?

おめえだってどうせ汚ねえ'Pseudo JOP'じゃんwww

yeah the future ones
aka the one where he pushed the other two wives to horrible abused sorrow-filled deaths and ruined his own life because Roxy died

Doesn't he become a literal time traveling god in the alternate timeline? Whatever happened with the info he got from that? I dropped it shortly after when the lazy writer decided to cop out and make the battle against God the responsibility of rudi's kids and never went any further.

Kinda sad that after all this time, he still doesn't see him as his father, despite having done more for him than anything his old family ever did.

created a bunch of magic-tech
gave banana all the credit
died fucking his three wives on piles of money and spoiling his children (to the point one also becomes a NEET)

what are you talking about, he usually saw his Paul as his father posthumously

besides Paul kinda deserved it after the shit he pulled with his father

Wish they finished the translation. Him and Rudi have a nice father-son banter near the end.

Can hardly see it as codependency but more as mixture of love and respect.
I really liked those chapters, even if the time traveling was hamfisted
I have a feeling Rudy is really prone to misunderstand intentions and people.
Seems like Rudy never bothered to learn voice, gravity and timetravel magic after he avoided Roxy's death. His old version dies and it's buried tho

he turned into a drunk, murderous, allegedly rapist, wife-abusing psychopath because of Roxy's death

what do you think co-dependency is?

Wow, that ending is even more lame than I expected. Glad I dropped it when I did.

Does orsted gets more chapters in his POV?

>I dropped it shortly after when the lazy writer decided to cop out and make the battle against God the responsibility of rudi's kids and never went any further.
Well, Mushoku Tensei was never meant to be more than a relatively short pre-story to the web novel he actually wanted to write. He just kept taking it further and further after people liked the concept and it eventually just got way out of hand. Doesn't mean he won't write this "actual" story at some point, maybe when the MT LNs are done

A spiral of despair, self-loathing and depression caused by the loss of one of your most loved people.
Although I see that you're right, I just re-read the definition and it fits
>excessive emotional or psychological reliance on a partner, typically one with an illness or addiction who requires support.
I do think that Rudy's relationship with Roxy is far less unhealthy and is not on the same plane as the one with Sylphy

Well I digged the 'ending'.

It was very nice and fit the series incredibly well. To give you the gist of it-He can't kill Hitogami but managed to win by overcoming the final hurdle, took out(Not alone of course he can barely do shit against god class opponents) all his pawns that could harm him which causes Hitogami to simply wait out and focus on his children since he can't kill him either. They meet for the last final time after Rudi dies of old age and Hitogami tries to belittle him, makes fun of him of how he couldn't do shit and he will definitely survive no matter, struggle to the end and never give up on slaughtering his family. Rudy simply walks to him and taps him on the shoulder just like how he did with him and wished him luck saying that he did all he could and worked his ass of so that wouldn't happen. The rest is up the his children and descendants . Hitogami actually looses all his facial expressions and kinda shows a little of his real self instead of the happy go lucky/kind personality he likes to adopt. I did enjoy the ending and hopefully the sequel comes as well seeing the author didn't stop writing.

>author accidentally had his short prequel turn into a multi decade epic chronicling a man's life

Quite the fuck up there. Maybe his follow up series will be better; Mushoku Tense was quite good up until the marriage and home life.

I guess that's kinda cool, it's just not my tastes and feels like a let down to what I had come to hope and expect while reading the story.

Yea people had mixed reactions but well lets see how it goes. I wish the Laplace prequel got translated for you guys once and for all. That answers a LOT of questions and sets up things nicely.

It peaked for me at hogwarts

Shit like this makes me want to learn moon so I don't have to rely on fan TLers anymore.

I liked some of the comfy home stuff, it just should have been the background and not the entire story. Rudi deserved some nice, unprotected sex for pleasure and procreation after the shit he went through.

Monkey dude is so great. So loveable.

I guess it was the same for me.
Seeing Rudy strugling with his ED was strangely fun

pissed me the fuck off when the author threw him under the bus

>learning a language is a waste of time
>says the person posting on an imageboard devoted to the cartoons of a country with a language he doesn't know