Am I supposed to watch this in english or japanese...

am I supposed to watch this in english or japanese? It's made in the west so I was leaning towards english but I don't know.

Written in english, directed by english speaking people. Watch in english.

it's shit don't bother

Spoiler: it's alright but it's not very good. Just watch Vampire Hunter D instead

b-but everyone is saying it's the greatest video game adaptation

>am I supposed to watch this in english or japanese?
Why the fuck does this keep coming up? It's an american series, why the fuck would you see an american series created with english voice acting in mind, and then decide to watch it in a language you DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND? Are you seriously this much a pathetic fucking weeaboo that you would rather read subtitles?

japs are known to have top tier voice acting

Fuck off and kill yourself.

It's not an anime.

best anime of the season

I want to drink her beer!

English you fucking weeb.

There was a japanese option? I watched at a friend's house because I'm not retarded enough to have a Netflix account so I wasn't even aware that was an option. The english voices weren't offensive though, considering the dialogue was written for it first it really didn't bother me.

That said I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's not spectacular is any capacity but it was mildly engaging all the way through and had competent visuals. Will probably end up watching the rest later.

The main reason I usually watch anime in jap is because what they say is usually so dumb I wouldnt be able to handle it if I could actually understand it.

I downloaded it from HorribleSubs. It only had JP audio.

Apparently the latin american dub is top tier.

Everyone is a fucking idiot.

>tone is all over the place
>writing is weak in every way that wasn't lifted from the source material
>main character is a comic book superhero quip factory
>writers went full fedora tipper about the Church/god/religion/science etc
>style looks good but the animation is shit except for one poster scene

>castelvania
>konami
>american

Fuck off.

Glad to see retards are getting triggered by this on every board despite it being spelled out for the viewer that god is real and helps people and that it was just the bishop and his thugs that were fuck ups.

I understand the dislike for fedora tippers and all, but how is a priest doing bad things because he has good intentions and truly believes they are the path of God "going full fedora tipper"? You do realize these things really did and still do happen, right?

It's a combination of these two things. Western dubs are often so cringe-inducingly stupid and obnoxious in comparison that I would rather just read the subtitles and listen to the equal or better jap VAs. For example, in Vampire DBL:

>Group of zombified monsters menacingly approach characters
Jap dub: sound effects of monsters moving, groaning as good-looking scary shots of them are shown in motion
English dub:
"We've got company!"
"Lots of company"

All threads have been deleted. Why keep making them?

not anime

FUCK OFF ATHEISTS

THIS IS A CHRISTIAN BOARD

It's good for a video game adaptation. It's also good if you've played the games and can fill in the gaps in the narrative. I enjoyed it, I think it was pretty good. It expanded on Trevor, who's from an old game so his personality was never shown in detail until now.

As for English vs Japanese, you should watch it in English I watched it in Japanese though because it's all I could find. The subs aren't the best.

>am I supposed to
Can't people not think for themselves anymore, do they need others to wipe their own ass now.

>watching english dubs
Newfag.

They are closed captions so the lines from the subs are what you hear in the actual English track.

>*tips fedors* haha atheists amirite?
Shut the fuck up you idiot, even the games did this. The Belmonts WERE kicked out of the country by the Church, that's canon. In OoE, the church is the one who revived Dracula, that is canon. In LoS the Church is evil. The Church is always fucking stuff up in the canon. If you want to bitch about stories where the church is evil then fuck off and don't play Castlevania.

it seems pretty bad

>recreating how XV century catholic church truly was
>"b-but they thought they were doing something good!"

If reality hurts you that bad it's because you're either a brainwashed fag or just ignorant.

>english dub

english is the original language this was made for

>how is a priest doing bad things because he has good intentions and truly believes they are the path of God "going full fedora tipper"?

While that should have been and was initially intended to be his character, it was made very clear that he is cynically motivated by the desire for power. >I am the church! So a contradiction in the writing there, one of at least a couple, brought about by the need to assert needless atheist friendly iconography into a period plot where it is not relevant. Like how every priest is a brutal, weapon-weilding thug. Please.

That's just a really bad scene, even people who like the show think that scene is shit.

it looks fine to me

>Recreating how XV century catholic church truly was
>Religion is, like, evil, man

You have no idea what you're talking about. This is a cartoon based on a video game, not a historical study. And furthermore, life is just not that simple. Ironically, you're the one who's been brainwashed with a highly oversimplified and politicized caricature of history.

>Religion was, like, evil, man!

You have to be some sort of idiot to believe the church didnt do some dirt back in the day and I say that as a catholic.

I found the voice acting incredibly good, pacing and animation could use some work but character design and overall art/backgrounds is fine. Solid effort, hopefully season 2 improves upon it.

But it was in the name of God, you filthy heretic.

Also, pissed off Dracula was pretty fucking hype.

>main character is a comic book superhero quip factory
Goddammit, I hate it when movies and shows do this shit. Who the fuck started this annoying quippy dialog meme?

>"the catholic church never burned innocent women thinking they were witches!"
Look, I have nothing against religion, but you just can't deny what is very well documented. I'm not saying that the catholic church is evil, but certainly it isn't as saint as they claim to be.

I don't have netflix. Is there any other way I can legally watch this?

Made for Americans and western people who played the game.

The thematic, the direction, directorship is totally different.

HorribleSu--
>Legally

Netflix Trial version, I guess.

This isn't anime

The idiocy here is your own, and comes from your inability to set aside the fedora goggles for a second and just talk about a story and a cartoon without making it about "arguing against religion."

>to believe the church didnt do some dirt back in the day
Yes, absolutely. But that's not the point. You don't have to be pro-Christianity to be against inserting anti-religious, anti-christian atheistic political dogma into a period story where it doesn't belong and is not relevant. That's what you're not seeing because you see the world through your fedora, and think there doesn't exist any time or place where it isn't a prime opportunity to "debate" against religion. The same flaw the writers had. It's fedora tipping nonsense, not story telling.

Do Netflix-original shows ever release DVDs after the fact?

i've seen a few like orange is the new black in blu ray at walmart so yeah

But there isnt an anti christian message. A demon of all things confirms god is real and that he helps people who follows his teachings. A real priest makes holy water that fucks up demons. The main character wears a big fucking cross on his back.

Okay, thank you.

>"stop liking what I don't like"
This is basically you.

>A ______ of Gresit takes control of his area's ______ and uses his power to kill a woman.
>Bent on revenge, the woman's husband now seeks to kill everyone in the town.

Replace the blanks with anything non-religious that you want, apparently you're too triggered to have it be the church so maybe changing "Bishop" to "CEO" will work?

Probably Joss Whedon

The pacing is uneven, sometimes way too fast, sometimes way too slow. Writing is very weak 90% of the time.
Animation is alright, and good in the fight scenes.

Nothing special, but it's a decent setup for S2.

>Oh my god! People did evil things! This means that we can never say anything but negative or critical things about a 1,000 year old culture

So fucking retarded. I know it was a corrupt system, by and large. I know it was responsible for fucked up shit. You know what? So is our own atheistic society. But nooooooo. Everyone's been brainwashed with a keyhole sized, two dimensional view of christianity, and now we have to hear "but god isn't real" arguments for the rest of fucking eternity whenever anyone tries to write a period piece in christian culture. Thanks for enlightening us, atheism!

I understand atheism. I accepted and got over that when I was a teenager, and you know what? It doesn't offend me that other people haven't let go of that yet. I understand them, and why they wouldn't want to. I bet christain families today generally have happier and healthier children than non-religous families.

Nigger a demon literally says god is real.

You're supposed to not watch it at all dumbfuck.

I watched this with subs due to going directly to the 'subbed' section by instinct.

The subs are fucking hilarious, everything is subbed, including sound effects.

see and I'm not atheist btw, I still believe in God, but not through the catholic or any other church.

>slurping continues

>A demon of all things confirms god is real

Which came across as strange because the dialogue up to that point heavily implied that god was non-existent. Just another hole in the writing brought about by fedora tippers.

>The main character wears a big fucking cross on his back.
THEN I GUESS HE'S GOT TO BE EVIL, HUH? YOU KNOW? BECAUSE RELIGION IS STUPID AND THE 17TH CENTURY WITCHBURNINGS AND STUFF, RIGHT?

Seriously though, that carried over imagery from the source material doesn't matter at all, here. Because his character and motivations are tied to religion and the church in absolutely no way whatsoever, and I guarantee you the writers could not bring themselves to cast Christianity in any positive light whatsoever by having it associated with any of the MC's compassion or heroism.

>this butthurt christfag

>not one soundtrack from the game
also

>I don't believe in the Church but I believe in God, man. All religions believe in the same thing at heart, you know?

God how fucking original and ingenious of you. I've totally never heard that shit before. Sending positive energy your way. Namaste!

dub or sub?

>Being so in full defense mode because of an anonymous commentary
You've got to chill, son.

You must be some special sort of retarded. Either that or you are just incredibly lazy at fishing for yous. Did you even watch the show? Belmont doesnt like the church because he got run out by shitters who were afraid of their power. Thats not made up by the show, thats always been the backstory to 3. Belmont is a holy warrior who fights with blessed shit. A priest saves the day in the fourth episode by making a shitload of holy water that the townsfolk could dip their weapons in.

>Which came across as strange because the dialogue up to that point heavily implied that god was non-existent

What the fuck, have you ever played a single Castlevania game? God exists in the canon, he's just passive and un-involved.

Dub.

Despite having some pretty talented seiyus, Japanese does what it does best and sucks any charm out of the deliveries.

It's nostalgic to watch a Christfag sperg the fuck out.

>Being against fedoras forcing atheist bullshit into a period fantasy story
>GOD GUYS I'VE GUESS WE'VE GOT A CHRISTIAN ON OUR HANDS HUH LOL GOD ISN'T REAL WAKE UP SHEEPLE

I'm not religious whatsoever

Not any of them, but to be fair in my experience throughout life the people who get triggered like this are usually the ones who worship Yahweh, be it Christian, Hebrew, Muslim, etc.

>ignoring people constantly pointing out that there isnt any atheist message at all and in fact god is proven to exist and several characters display holy powers
>not being a triggered christfag

Yeah, I've never seen a non Christfag pull these levels of autism over the church.

I haven't seen this cartoon or whatever but Castlevania is pretty pro-Christian. Two of the fucking weapons is a bible and a cross.

These people are going to look pretty fucking dumb when Trevor starts out by praying at the altar the moment season 2 starts.

>Non-Christ
Only Christianity worships Christ, I'm talking about every Yahweh religion. If you want me to go get my fedora for saying this I will, but FUCK Yahweh, seriously.

He already looks dumb.

People still calling it a dub after

>muh source material

It doesn't matter. This isn't Sup Forums. This is about the animation exclusively.

God wants us to be and do good, you don't need someone else to repeat those words every weekend unless you want to. Nothing wrong with that, but I personally don't find the idea of following a church that even to this day still has priests that rape innocent children and get away with it as something appealing. Sure you can say that they don't represent the whole church but when the cases are increasing evey year that means the church is doing a poor job to eliminate this problem.

I'm wondering why you're so obsessed with fedoras in the context of religion.
Anyway, I'm a bit charmed because this behavior reminds me of my youth, but there's also no point in ogling a brick wall, so whatever.

Sup Forums - Should I watch Cartoons dubbed in Japanese?????

Nobody is saying the church is evil, they're saying that individuals with power in the church are evil and are using the church for their misdoings. We all saw the priest in episode 4 make Holy Water for Trevor, we know not all religious people are evil. This was never about the church specifically being evil, it's about those with power abusing that power... it's just manifested through the church in this story.

You're retarded

In the animation god is confirmed to exist, the main character uses a consecrated whip that makes demons explode and holy water blessed by a properly ordained priest burns the shit out of demons.

You mean the animation that shouldn't even be on this board? This is fucking not Sup Forums.

>there isnt any atheist message at all

This is the writer of Castlevania. This is the first google image return for the writer's name. How can you people be so dense.

>Everyone against me is the same person

That's the first time I've brought up fedoras in this entire thread and it's because people on both sides were doing it. fuck off.

How can there be an atheist message when the main character uses blessed weapons that burst demons and god is explicitly said to exist and help people?

If that was your first time responding in that conversation, what did your comment have to do with anything I said? Were you just blogging about hating YHWH? What was its purpose? The post was so otherwise abstract that I had no reason to assume it was an entirely different person interjecting randomly with their fedora-fueled hatred of the Abrahamic God.

Trevor is basically god's chosen warrior in all of this, I'm sure Ellis is going to reinforce it somehow in S2.

Jihadis aside, religious warriors are pretty fucking cool and Ellis is a manchild at heart, he'll be sucked into this regardless of his fedora.

its so fucking boring and played out... its basically a low hanging dead horse.

>science
>catholic church
>witch burning

its like a checklist for the enlightened gentleman.

And no those cliches are not even historically accurate.

>not even historically accurate
>witch burning
Explain

>First time responding in that conversation
R E A D I N G
C O M P R E H E N S I O N

Muh fedoras was used in the opposing comment preceding yours, so I don't know where else you would have responded, but whatever.

80's movies ya turd

>all of the soccer moms outraged at this show
Jesus.