Let's be honest, F/Z was fucking excellent

Let's be honest, F/Z was fucking excellent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qy7Q77ZD_ME
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

much better than F/SN and UBW for sure.

No

Yes

>people say fate has good fights
>people say you should start with this
>4 eps in, no idea wtf going on, no good fights
>ends, no idea wtf going on, no good fights
Am I just to stupid or did I do it wrong?

The original Light Novel was a "prequel" intended for people that had already read the original VN.
There were good fights though.

you unfortunately have to read the original for it to make total sense

I want to see Sensha Otoko

There were a couple low points in the writing, but for the most part yes this was far, far above average for an anime. Just excellent in multiple ways. Nobody's going to be talking about Ufo's UBW in [6 months ago]. But people will still want to watch Zero.

It makes zero sense if you haven't read all three routes of the F/SN visual novel.

It was good, but no masterpiece. The ending was particularly bad since it was a setup for F/SN.

UBW 2014 was horrid though, fuck Miura and fuck the character designs.

unironically no

lol what

see >no idea wtf going

It wasn't perfect, but I don't get the hate for it around here.

I still think the ensemble cast of adults in the city was a much more interesting take on the Grail war setup than another high school battle anime.

F/Z starts out good, kind of shits the bed in the middle, then comes to an awesome ending.

>starting with FZ
All my laughs.

Only Fateshit worth existing.

>mobagefag
All my laughs.

what's so wrong about watching it without watching the rest of the garbage?

>people watch F/Z for the fights
That's not why you should watch F/Z. And as much as I loathe F/S N, I do agree that reading at least the first route of the VN gives retrospectively F/Z more depth and is quite advisable. But F/Z still holds good even by itself.
You watch F/Z because of the uncannily low vision of heroism the show holds, you watch it because you want to see how far and how low people can go to achieve their dream. You watch F/Z because of the almost fujoshi cast that still bring interesting insight about people's desires. You watch F/Z because you enjoy poetic Schadenfreude, because you want to see characters developing or cumbling to dust in front of your eyes. You watch F/Z because it's reckless, it's edgy, it's emotional, and it's fun.

Because the person I responded to didn't understand shit.
Just watch FSN by DEEN as the entry point. Because if you end up liking it then everything afterwards is so much better that you'll be pleasantly surprised.

>just watch FSN by DEEN
No self-respecting person is going to do that.

it was fun

Yeah, no. You can easily read/watch Zero and not go anywhere near the VN, which would actually ruin a lot of the character development of people like Saber because Nasu didn't put in nearly enough work to develop anyone outside of the cast in HF. God, fuck anyone that keeps telling people to read some shitty VN like it's a requirement.

Fate Zero improves Stay Night. I still think Stay Night is better but Zero shows the path of heroism Kiritsugu went down, namely failing massively and being just the worst person.

Zero has by far the single worst written Saber of them all though. Nasu develops her character pretty damn well. She doesn't get as much in other routes because she's not the main focus of them.

Happy Father's Day

Heaven's Feel is necessary for Fate/Zero otherwise you don't understand why you should care about the little girls.

don't you mean Mother's Day

WTF are you talking about, Saber was the worst part about Zero. "MUH HONOR" -- Urobuchi didn't even get her character

Secondaries were a mistake

>Zero has by far the single worst written Saber of them all though
She got fucked over in Zero. Not only did she get fucked over by her master but she also got BTFO by the other kings.

It was cancer, brought too many secondaries into the series who considers it the only good work.

>Nasu develops her character pretty damn well
>let go of your past to be some dumb teenager's wife
Why do you bother defending the bad stuff Nasu writes? He has much better works, you know?

literally my first fate and i was able to understand what was going by just listening to what the characters where saying. feels good not being a brainlet desu

Probably not, but there is some merit in it.
Maybe I'm just speaking from nostalgia and need to get with the times.

Episode 10 was pretty good for this. Also, seeing a poor little girl in a sea of vicious worms is enough to trigger paternal instincts for me.

It technically is out of everything that's in English

I have nothing against FZ but god how much cancer it brought to the fate fanbase, as if the usual wasn't enough.

It's on a different level when you know just how that little girl turns out when she gets older.

I wonder if it's ufotable's fault that the anime is so bad, or the source material wasn't that good.

The anime cut some stuff and didn't adapt the climax for some reason

That's weird, it was enough for me to think she's spoiled and drop her like trash

I love how people (idiots) manage to get "Iskander and Gilgamesh were better rulers" out of Iskander and Gilgamesh telling her she would have been a better ruler if she didn't give a shit and used her country to do whatever the fuck she liked.

>Connects to Shirou over not being able to let go of the past
>Slowly opens up to him because they share the same problems and conflicts
>Both decide to walk their own path to the very end because of the other even if it means leaving them
>Becomes his wife
Okay then

Purityfags are awful.

Mushy shit is even worse.

>worm torture
>spoiled
You had it pretty bad, huh?

your visual novel is not that special

>Saber losing to some random teacher.jpg
>Saber sodomized by caster
>Saber AKA King Arthur falling for some autist tennager
>Nasu develops her character pretty damn well.
Are Nasufags seriously this delusional?

You don't get it user. Teacher man knows kung fu. Kung fu beats sword every time.

Shirou is a lucky man.

What's with Japanese and their boners for giving things "grades" or an otherwise specific scale to base things off of? I've seen this a lot in anime and I think it's autistic as shit and really unnecessary

The VN is trash even for VN standards, hell Grisaia is x100 better than F/SN.

It's my favorite adaptation, it captured the mood the best, and had the best OP, it just oozed mystery and intrigue.

youtu.be/Qy7Q77ZD_ME

I agree with this. Fuck Fate Zero fights. What in the garbage fuck was Gilgamesh vs Berserker in aerial combat. A fucking flying throne vs. A hijacked combat jet. This bullshit has no place in a sword and sorcery story.

Saber killing Caster with a getsuga tenshou was not compelling. It was flashy and well produced but held zero drama.

Any fight Gilgamesh is in is automatically retarded because he's OP and kills you without any struggle.

The only good fights are the first Lancer Saber fight and the Kiritsugu Kotomine fight. Everything else is well produced bullshit.

meanwhile, in D&D

1.5/10
I wasn't laughing at you until getsuga tenshou

Yeah the OP rocked. I think some of the later episodes plots ended up getting really shaky when they tried to cram multiple routes in but it was pretty good before that.

Don't forget their likes/dislikes, body measurements, what they had for breakfast, and the size of their last bowel movement. I agree, it's so stupid.

I liked Saber in Zero. Thought she just felt like window dressing for the harem half of the time in Stay/Night.

>The fights is what makes the Fate franchise good
Yeah UBW fights are so good, Mage aprentice vs Legendary mage, Kung fu teacher vs King Arthur and Tennager vs Gilgamesh, it makes 100% sense.

Souichirou wasn't just any random teacher. He was trained in an assassination art from a young age, which was specifically meant to counter someone's instincts. And he was magically enhanced by Caster.

Archer didn't rely on his instincts, but instead on his "mind's eye" which is why he was able to deal with Souichirou easily. It's precisely because Saber relied on her instincts so much that Souichirou was able to beat her easily with his gimmick snake kung fu.

I'm just paraphrasing something another user said a few days ago

Why is every single other fate anime so shit though?

Most anime doesn't make any sense when you break it down.

Leave! Nobody cares!

>makes stats and abilities with percentages in the VN
>shit doesn't matter anyway because it's not a game

that OP just isnt as good as UBW

2 years later, am I still the only one who thought the ufotable Shirou vs Archer fight was total garbage, or have people sprouted working eyes?

It is also common to include stuff nobody cares about or needs to know like character's blood types.

Dropped it like 10 episodes in because I didn't like even a single character.

It's shit for teens.

I think it was garbage not because of animation but because shirou should have lost

You mean it's anime.

So a knight trained since his childhood with superpowers and precognition is less than a teacher with assasin skills enhanced with Caster powers? Back in the times of King Arthur a random person was 4 times stronger than a nowadays person just saying.

That's because Shirou is autistic.
The way of presenting servant's strength changes from person to person; some see different strength as different colors, some as different animals. Shirou just subconsciously likes when it's graded like that as if it's a RPG.
Guess it just ended up sticking like that for reasons since other people talk about "ranks" as well.

I don't even remember UBW's ops it was just generic j-rock from what I remember.

Nasu literally wrote a book about his DND campaign once. Dude likes his numbers.

It supposedly tells you something about their personality or some shit. It's like nip horoscope. Pure autism.

It could have been better but I think the Gilgamesh fight was fantastic.

This is the opinion of a secondary who doesn't understand why Shirou won in the first place.

Souichirou won because shit writing asspull, there is no excuse for it.
>human beats a saber class servant in hand-to-hand combat
It just doesn't happen, The VN isn't perfect it's not a big deal. Shirou/Saber vs Berserker in the Fate route was just as bad.

Saber was used to fighting armed opponents and didn't know how to deal with magic infused Chinese martial arts. They do say that after the first fight, she'd learned how to deal with him and he would lose if they fought again.

At least it was much better than the current shitshow that is Apocrypha and Grand Order.

Fuck Apocrypha and Grand Order.

How so? Losing to Shirou is stupid for Gilgamesh and don't bring out the "Secondary" bullshit its just and plain bad writting and Nasu should be ashamed for the mere existence of Shirou.

Also Souichirou isn't using real martial arts. He's using bullshit super anime impossible martial arts.

His plan is literally to exploit Gilgamesh's pride so he fights stupid. Shirou mentions a few times that if anything goes even slightly wrong for him he'll lose. You're one of those idiots who's been so indoctrinated by power levels that they can't appreciate someone winning a fight for reasons apart from being buffer then the other guy.

I hate fun: the post.

Gilgamesh losing to Shirou was okay. Not great, but sensible enough to give it a pass. The weapons made by Gates of Babylon were only a little stronger individually than their copies made my Shirou's reality marble, but Gil lost because his NP took time to bring the weapons out while Shirou's were already there in the reality marble. Plus, Shirou was exploiting Gil's pride to get him to fight recklessly

>Saber was used to fighting armed opponents and didn't know how to deal with magic infused Chinese martial arts.
What is weapon adventage, ffs the people who defends F/SN are autistic af.

You should specify who you mean by Archer. The reason Gilgamesh lost to Shirou was because he was toying with him the whole time and not taking the fight seriously BECAUSE Shirou is just some human kid and didn't realize that Shirou used paradox hacks to basically become Archer Emiya during their fight and was hooked up to Rin who's basically a magical V8 engine whereas before Shirou was pedalling a bike so to speak.

Yeah, the GIl fight wasn't bad. I actually like ufotable's Emiya a lot, plus Shirou using Rho Aias in UBW is a lot cooler when you realize that Archer was the one who used Rho Aias while Shirou was chanting his poem.

Anyway I still can't get over why Archer used UBW against Shirou when he had little mana to spare, and also why Avalon instantly restored Shirou to full health, trivializing the sheer desperation to win that we felt much more in the VN.

This too, everyone likes to call Shirou a sword autist but Souichirou is literal autistic fighting savant who moves with same degree of perfection as Assassin Koujirou Sasaki.

>Shirou mentions a few times that if anything goes even slightly wrong for him he'll lose
Wow, so incredible...

You should be ashamed for your post

They at least were more interesting.

This, Fate/Zero is not difficult to understand

>Losing to Shirou is stupid for Gilgamesh
Ultimately, Gilgamesh's problem is that he is too strong. Has the most powerful NP, most ancient and powerful version of all NPs, King of everything, King of Heroes, First Hero.

It's like Aizen. The only way to defeat such a character is using bullshit or stupidity.

Yeah, I think the only thing I was fuzzy on was why the grail was evil in the end.

I watched Fate/Zero when it first came out. I really liked it. It was really easy to understand, because I paid attention to the infodump episode. And I thought that the tragic ending was neat. Last year, I discovered that it is a prequel to F/SN (I also had a long no-anime period between the two, so that's why I didn't find out sooner). So I watched UBW and it was garbage. Flashy, incomplete garbage and a terrible adaptation. I really disliked it. Then I watched the Deen version. I liked it a small bit more. After that I met the fate fanbase and it soured my opinion of the fate franchise (even Zero). Then I tried reading the VN, but my PC got fucked and I didn't even finish the first route (I didn't like it anyway). I didn't even bother to download it again. Now I just consider fate to be a mediocre franchise with a shitty fanbase.

Not that great and worse than their UBW adaptation.

Because then the powerlevel fags can jack off to it and have their fantasy fights.

>The Einzberns, tired of losing out on reclaiming the Third Magic, subverted the usual system in an attempt to summon the Zoroastrian god, Angra Mainyu. They obtained Avenger, which replaced the Berserker-class, but he was a weak Servant without any abilities.

>...

>The ritual ended in failure, but Avenger, Angra Mainyu, was absorbed and the Greater Grail was contaminated. Up until that point, only true Heroic Spirits were summoned, but that contamination allowed for "something other than a Heroic Spirit" to be summoned during later Holy Grail Wars.