Starts off slow, finally gets entertaining 50 episodes later at York New Arc...

Starts off slow, finally gets entertaining 50 episodes later at York New Arc. Goes back to being boring for another 50+ episodes until the near end of the Chimera Ant Arc.

What's the appeal of this series? Is it to attract Shota loving pedophiles and Hisoka being a self-insert character.

Madhouse's 2011 adaptation has been met with near universal critical acclaim. While the series as a whole has received widespread praise,[134][135] the Chimera Ant arc in particular has been often singled out. In addition to being met with rave reviews, the arc has generated considerable discussion and analysis of its themes, symbols, characters and structure throughout and in the aftermath of its run. The arc is commonly viewed as a deconstruction of shōnen and action anime;[136][137] other readings have focused on supposed symbolic parallels with Buddhism[138][139] and nuclear war. Nick Creamer compared the arc to a “war drama”. In a lengthy essay, Creamer read the arc as a study of, and in the end a simultaneous critique and defense of human nature.[140]

Much of the writing surrounding the arc focuses on its villain, the Chimera Ant King. Largely echoing Creamer’s conclusion, Luke Halliday, in an examination of the character, describes his story as “an exploration into what it means to be human.”[141] In the piece, Halliday describes the King's development as “one of the most interesting and captivating in anime . . . [the King's] journey is simply unforgettable” and states his own belief that the arc “will go down as one of the greatest stories told in anime”.

Subscribed.

Really what was the point of the Greed Island arc?

>no Gungi
>no HxH cardgame
What the fuck happened? This shit would be gobbled up by fans - which I assume is the sole purpose of the Greed Island arc.

there are some shows, when I look back, I have no idea how I stuck with them to the end. Some I feel glad I stuck with (ex. Texhnolyze), and some I don't (ex. This). It's certainly not horrible, but it probably isn't worth all the time invested

Pretty much this, there's only a handful of episodes I'd ever rewatch again if at all.

yeah well, when they suddenly began narrating the chimera ant arc in 3rd person, that was annoying melodrama

I felt that way about Yu Yu, but definitely not about HxH!

ants arc is best arc, fit me

Texhnolyze is slow as shit. 4 episodes and I give no fucks. Please no memes is it worth it?

So, is the 1999 version better?

Nope

It's generally agreed that manga>99>11.

The first 8 episodes are by far the best so if you were bored you're too pleb for the show.
Here's a tip, you should barely care about the plot, just look at the art/animation and feel the emotions of the scenes.
After episode 8 it actually becomes about its plot and therefore worse.

it never gets good

am I a pedro if I want Killua to rape me

You should have read the manga dumb fuck.

This applies to 90% of manga with adaptations.

Shotas

but greed island is the best arc.

I feel the opposite honestly. Loved the first arc, but then slowly couldn't give much of a shit afterwards. Kurapika and Killua are garbage.

>it's boring if it's not dark

Kids these days.

You're such a tool.

>manga
>a bunch of badly drawn sketches better than anything
it is 1999>2011>shit>>>>>>>manga

The Manga is even worse though.

Shit taste. Greed island and the start of chimera ant arc is fun.

It was slow but it only took like 20 episodes to get the job done, and there was plenty of plot to make up for the slow initial character and world building. Ant arc was like 70 fucking episodes.

I enjoyed it through and through. Why did you keep watching if you didn't enjoy user? Are you autistic?

i did. I still feel the same way. It doesn't have much substance to it

>user, you didnt even watch it, how can you criticise?
>user, are you autistic, if you didnt enjoy it, why did you watch it?
every fucking time

It's one of the best anime ever made and the 5 last episodes are amongst the best of the media.