twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kemono friends

Lucky Star
Haruhi
Most Gundam series

Shokugeki no soma

>people being over-dramatic over cooking
it wasn't as endearing as people taking card games too seriously

Texhnolyze. It tries too hard but if I criticize it it'll just fall back on being "high art".

Code geass and death note

hxh, both the show and the manga

As a jojofag, I got into it because it looked interesting. It's sorta weird, but people put this anime/manga up so high even though it's decent.

The anime that I don't understand the appeal of are

>Evangelion
>Osomatsu-san
>HxH
>Love Live

Gagmote

its the exact same reason as jojo but with more shit to fap too and a slightly less full on fujoshit fanbase.

It's like just really gay fist of the north star. I feel like im missing out on something

Umasu, what kind of level of irony do you have to be on to actually post about it?

Pretty much.

If you posted another thread about this topic I wrote something over there as an answer. Essentially it's the fact that it gets more and more outrageous each part

Umaru, rather.

>one punch man
>with the MC and sidekick reversed

but more funny

such a bad show. everything I've seen from SHAFT is terrible tbqh, except for maria holic

never understood the appeal of this one either

the jojo cycle
>this is the gayest shit i have ever seen. I will never like this.
>wait it isnt gay, its manly as hell. the story is stupid but fun and the concepts are interesting.
>this is the gayest shit i have ever seen and i love it.

AOT

Shallow booring characters , action scenes are pretty hit or miss

So im told but i could not manage to get past the first 9 or so episodes. I forget it was awhile ago

what a garbage thread

>slightly less full on fujoshit fanbase.
Fujoshi are women, women don't watch Jojo. There is a lot of gay in the fanbase but those are actual gays

>one punch man

I can see why you'd hate it if that's how you see it.

Then again, a lot of people who seem to like it sees it that way too, so I guess I'm kinda stumped.

I will never understand this series' appeal about gay men doing gay poses

It's gay. What else is there to say?

I love this pedo clown.

THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED

How does Texhnolyze try too hard? It's rather simple and straightforward.

THIS...Seriously.

Also, the entire "moe" culture and all of the shows that the generalization encompasses.

>Dragonball past Z or Majin Buu arc
I left DBZ back in my childhood where it belongs and don't get the appeal of new shit like movies and fucking Super same for Naruto
>Fate series
I kinda get that it has historical figures as waifus but I don't get the mass appeal, maybe it's the fights or setting
>TTGL
I don't like mecha cause I find it boring as hell so I guess people like this cause it's not boring? and speaking of Trigger
>Kill La Kill
I don't get how it got as popular as it did

Jojo's is like if you had gay body builders put on drag makeup and act in a spanish telenova.

It's the greatest thing ever

> women don't watch Jojo.

The women you know have shit taste.

The art style is nice but the humor itself doesn't really do anything for me. It's like the punchline to all the jokes are either really Japanese or just over exaggerated facial expressions.

TTGL wasn't made by Trigger, and one of the things that makes TTGL great is because it's enjoyable to people who don't usually like mecha anime.
Kill la kill had a great premise and was pretty over the top, it had flaws but it was pretty enjoyable.

I don't know why the anime made it so popular

Because that's what they're supposed to do?

Why would you give an answer like that in a thread titled "Popular shows you genuinely don't understand the appeal of"

Because it answers his question.

This.
Just a bunch of psudo-manly faggotry and lol so randum humor.

Worst show ever

I don't like it either, but I think that's actually why people like it.

I wouldn't mind if it was just a shit show and people liked it but I swear it turns people gay.

So, I guess that answers the popularity of every manga with an anime adaption ?

Because the anime made it popular, as it should be

PSG.
Sup Forums praises it to high heavens, but it's possibly one of the worst comedies I've ever watched. Not to mention that the fanbase has to be the most autistic collection of people I've ever met.

This shit.

>Flamboyant manly men yell at each other while someone else gives pointless exposition during fight scenes
That's all I got out of this show. Or part 1 atleast, didn't bother going any further.

>So, I guess that answers the popularity of every manga with an anime adaption ?
Not necessarily, but the adaption stayed true to the source material, animating it means that it will reach more people and in this case it worked.

I'll say this until the day I die.
It should have been half as long and kept the better half of the sketches.

I swear to god I visit Sup Forums once every year or so just to see what people are watching, and every time I find a thread just like this with identical posts and get this extreme feeling of deja-vu

These two posts especially trigger it, exact images and everything. This isn't a "wow same thread different day x]]]]" post, I'm starting to think I'm either losing my mind or I'm stuck in a fucking time loop.

Basically the universe in its complexities are boiled down to repeating fractals, so even on larger scales we're just patterns repeating themselves, it makes sense. Electrons orbitting nuclei, planets orbitting stars, me finding this thread every year. Sentience probably arose from the universe attempting to break its cycle by developing autonomy to greater control itself but, ultimately even that is a pattern I think, cells on cells according to rules, you can't break a cycle if you're following an algorithm, but I don't know that for sure. Probably making this post breaks this cycle, I will come back in one year to see if it happened again and if it did I will light myself on fire and eat my neighbors.

Nichijou
Gintama
Seitokai Yakuindomo

TTGL:

I know what it tried to do, parody and consolidate/deconstruct or whatever; but the cliches were badly implemented. I could never developed any sort of feeling towards the characters, dropped after Kamina died (I didn't give a fuck about his dead)

Index:

Really pretentious shit, also the MC is unlikable as fuck.

Gundam:

The only mecha manga I could get into were Eva and Code Geass.

The comedy is really, really insulting at times as per typical Imaishi, but the characterization far outshines anything else Imaishi has ever created. I found Panty and Stocking to be way more interesting than any character in TTGL or KLK in my opinion

>Fate's appeal

Babys first visual novel.

Second for most oldfags after Tsukihime.

I tried watching SYD again last week and turned it off after 1 episode.

angel beats is the worst show I've ever seen.

Lain
First 7-8 episodes: the fuck am i watching.
Last 4-5 episodes: was that it? meh.
All 12 episodes fighting not to fall asleep and often losing.

Honestly? Aria.
For one, the pacing is slow as balls, even for a SoL. Slow pacing isn't generally a deal breaker, but the characters are very heavily tied to their "gimmicks" and archetypes and it makes them really uninteresting to watch. It doesn't help that the senpai characters are meant to so strongly resemble the main cast that it prevents them from really becoming their own characters.

The manga, however, gives you a lot of little stuff to think about and I enjoyed it just for that, but the anime spreads it out so much that to get to these interesting parts you have to generally get through 15 minutes of walking, loitering, rowing, and serifu kinshi-ing around neo-venezia. Its relaxing at first but after around 20 episodes its just frustrating.

SoL is my favorite genre, but I just cannot get Aria.

K-ON
I enjoy the music and the game I played on PSP was pretty fun but the anime puts me to sleep watched just before Asuna joins or whatever her name is and just didn't like how the show tried way too hard to be cute, like it was really in your face about it. I know it's in the genre but fuck me you can be cute without being obnoxious.

what it is even about? show about waifus? show about cool visuals?

All harems and LN/Isekai animes
I am no longer 16

I hated the little kid professor, not really any redeemable sketches featuring her

People recommended it because I like Hidamari.
I've been trying to watch it for months but just can't get into it.

>Texhnolyze
>Tries too hard
How so?

The vast majority of them, and I am not even trying to be contrarian here.

CGL - dog shit art direction and overall design, retarded story and characters and for some reason this is considered mecha, its an embarrassment to the sub-genre
HxH - starts being shit 30% into the series and the giant-ant arc, which lasts for like 45% of the entire show, is complete bin-tier
Monogatari - the only likeable characters in the mess of a show are Shinobou and Snail, the rest of the storylines are incredibly tiresome and very often just repetitive as hell, how anyone can like Senjogahara is beyond me
OPM - this is somehow supposed to be a seinen with social criticism mixed into it when for 90% of its durations its just a stereotypical battle shounen and the jokes/social comments are so flat and bland and I dont see how it could ever not be considered to be on a level with your average battle shounen, no matter what magazine its being published in
Fate - every single fate show is the same, the first half is enjoyable thanks to the world building and then they just botch if with the final 10eps
Another - I mean its a nice comedy I guess
Madoka - illogical writing left and right and some, if not the most atrocious artstyle I have ever witnessed, there is generic, there is bad, and then there is Madoka which is just straight up fucking ugly with the witches dream worlds simply looking out of place (at least most of the time)
Maou-Sama - ?????????????????????

I can look at MALs list of the most popular shows for an hour and would be able to keep on going I feel.

I don't get the appeal of

JoJo and Evangelion. Can't really give a reason for JoJo, something about it just stops me from liking it. As for Evangelion it is hard to like a show that has shit characters and saying that they are intentionally annoying etc is not an excuse

>Haruhi
T.b.h, call me a hipster faggot, but one of the reasons why I first got into Haruhi was because of Kyon and his humor. I'm into that kind of sarcastic wit he exudes over all of the situations he's in. I haven't watched since the first season though. Do the newer seasons have the same vibe as the first?

You mean literally every cooking manga/anime.

i simply don't get it.

any slice of life anime

You are hired. Welcome aboard to Sup Forums!

Wow, it was like the complete opposite for me. I liked most characters, but Kyon was like the show breaker for me as he took himself too seriously.

>characterization
Panty likes sex
Stocking likes sweets

THE END

But I mean, you're comparing them to Imaishi characters and they're all shit, so it's not like I don't see where you're coming from.

It gets better honestly but if you didn't like Part 1 you probably wouldn't like the others.

>Just a bunch of psudo-manly faggotry and lol so randum humor.
Don't know what show you're talking about because that sure as fuck isn't Jojo.

That's all Jojo is.

youtube.com/watch?v=HojJV3CxqXg

Not gay at all

>I haven't watched Jojo but I'll guess what it's like based on memes
Nigger if you watched Jojo you could have easily pointed to the copious amounts of QUALITY, shit exposition, asspulls, etc.

>It isn't gay because it has other things as well

Didn't say it wasn't gay user, it is pretty gay.

you're Biting the dust

The movie is a solid 9.5/10 for me. S1 was a 7.5

>HAHA MEME XDD
Worse than Jojofags

I never understood the appeal of basically any SoL show, they bore the shit out of me. Maybe I'm just watching shitty ones, I don't know.

how is this gay? its just japan being zany

considering its shit? me neither.
a real shame

you gotta understand that Sup Forums is more than 50% underaged american boys, and they're all sexually frustrated homophobes

>manga is ok
>become popular
>popular for so long it become somehow iconic
>years later anime come out
>plebs see ebin jojo memes
>it become popular among plebs
Not a rocket science user.

that was bait for animefags, user.
and it's iconic in Japan for the same reason DBZ is.
popular action title in SJ during the late 80s early 90s

Yu-Gi-Oh ended when Kaz finished the manga.

Oreimo
Eromanga Sensei
Youjo Senki

They're completely different. Really, they are nothing alike.

watch more than 100 episodes faggot

love live it doesn't deserve such a great doujins

To be fair, you can't really judge the whole series just off of the first part. That doesn't mean you'll like the rest of it though because part 3 and 5 are pretty long drags or filler monster of the week, though part 2, 4, 6, are a bit more balanced and easy to get through and part 7 is competently written genuinely a fantastic manga

>Texhnolyze
>popular
choose one

>women don't watch Jojo
this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=-SPFbQq-jNg
the fanbase is full of fujoshis, it's very disturbing tobqh

>part 3 and 5 are pretty long drags or filler monster of the week
cool meme opinion, how often do you spot tropes fellow troper ??? :)

Fate shit
Kek la kek
attack on ass jetpack bullshit
evangelion
tokyoghoul
town of other shit I can't remember

Now that I think about it, I pretty much hate all anime. Why am I even here?

RAVIOLI RAVIOLI GIVE ME THE CORPSE PARTS-OLI

>women don't watch Jojo
are you pretending to be a fucking idiot?
go back to