Flcl vs eva

which is better?

Evangelion is better, but it has flaws.
FLCL is perfect for what it is.

I've realized that every series is unique and different with its own strengths and flaws, and we should spend time appreciating them rather than pointlessly comparing them to others.

Is it time for me to leave Sup Forums and go on a new journey?

I never fucking understand the hype for FLCL. Sure the music is good but the plot is pretty much non-existent. They are just "lol so randum (the bad kind): the anime". Even Nichijou is better.

Evangelion shat the bed during the last few episodes.

FLCL is great throughout.

Most likely because of the episode length.

This. I swear it's just nostalgiafags. It's nothing special, especially compared to NGE.

Both turned out to be overrated crap but if I had to pick one it would be Eva since I managed to finish it.

Random? It's a coming of age story, you fucking dimwit. Any "randomness" is only there to showcase the confusion of going through puberty. Jesus Christ, do you need a drawing for you to understand what "swinging the bat" is? Or was having three operative assistances bleeding from their noses not enough of a hint for you?

I mean, sure, I agree that there is a lot of nostalgiafagging and overhypping around FLCL, I'm even guilty of this myself. But to say that there is no plot is simply untrue, it is there albeit in a non-traditional format.

FLCL's plot really wasn't even the main concern of it's creators though, the OVA was really just the platform to showcase animation.

I am not disputing that, only that "there is no plot to FLCL". This is untrue. If you want to contend that the animation and the music are the best things about FLCL, I will happily agree with you. But to claim that there is "no plot" or "no point" or "lol randumb" is not understanding that the underlying thread of the show is. That is all.

Confirmed for only seeing it once.

>bitches don't know about my Freudian ellipses

Would you protect her Sup Forums?

Ironic because the subtext in FLCL is more relevant than Eva.

>They are just "lol so randum (the bad kind): the anime".
FLCL is high energy, not random. Every scene follows from the last. You're just one of many people who can't pay attention.

Too much baggage. Ninamori is the only sane woman in that show.

eva

not really by a close margin either. the characters are much more fleshed out and original. also evangelion arguably has better art + story. i don't see any areas in which flcl surpasses eva besides maybe music (really subjective) and possibly character design.

Have anyone actually watched FLCL? Great animation. Great story. Great themes. Great characters. Great songs. Buut, shit voice acting, shit soundtract placement. Literally voice acting has no emotion or simply weird intonation. And they just insert random Pillows songs for no reason.

FLCL, it's more grounded and relatable than Existential Robot Crisis

You do realize all of the music was synced to the choreography right? It's absolutely anything but random. Have you even seen it?

I watched for the first time last weekend and thought it was great. I've never seen Eva so I can't compare.

Eva is better than FLCL in everything but artstyle.

That's debatable. While experimentation with/showcasing of digital animation techniques may have been the justification for its creation and financing, you could also argue that the creators used that justification to make it an outlet for unconventional storytelling techniques that they might not have been able to get funded if it were a more "traditional" commercial product.
Not denying that there was obviously a lot of care put into the visual aspect of the show, but I don't think it's fair to totally sideline the plot.

>there are people on Sup Forums right now who it never even occurred to to notice that the people hitting each other with guitars over a rock soundtrack are doing so in time with the music

Why is this thread even a thing? Eva is an autistic snoozefest 80% of the time that tries to sell itself as the best of all time because the remaining 20% is legitimately awesome.

If Eva were six episodes long, it would be better than FLCL depending on what makes the cut.

FLCL by far.

Fooly is just non stop screaming about boner metaphors. Characters are all one dimensional too.
Eva and it's flawed characters beat it by miles.

You honestly sound like a retard who parrots phrases from MAL reviews

Eva may be the best anime, but FLCL is the perfect anime.

>I cannot refute your argument so I will claim you browse another website!

They are both piles of mysgonisitic shit. Avoid at all costs.

>hey which of these shows with two thematically different ideas are better?

they're alike in absolutely no way but their studio...

Does your definition of "flawed character" start and end with either an autistic kid or a horny redhead bitch? Even if the characters of Eva are deeper it's because the show itself is longer and you see more of them. And I'd argue that FLCL is better than Eva at exploring its characters since half the development in EVA comes through exposition, or some fucky fever dreams.

Because its a pretty looking show. I can almost guarantee that most of the people hyping it up nowadays haven't even seen the show outside of stupid "lo-fi" videos and soundcloud shit.

Literally this, there is no other reason why anyone in current year would possibly like a show besides youtube music streams

I get why people enjoy FLCL, its just not my thing. Doesn't really resonate with me.

Yeah, into a noose

fuc no

Why did the manga scenes cost a lot of money? Wasn't it basically just panning over still images?

>which is better?
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou