Zipang

Just marathoned the first season of this and caught up with the manga. Is this series considered a classic in Japan? Because it's really good.
Season 2 when? Is this even a possibility at this point?

S2 aired a few years ago, but was pulled for "overtly racist undertones". The BDs were never released.

That doesn't even make sense

>but was pulled for "overtly racist undertones".

Wow. Didn't know this.

Is this for real?

Do we have more than 80 scans ? How far does the anime go ?
Also as much as I love the setting and story, I'm a bit perplexed by the fact that the war crimes of Japan are never touched on. Maybe it goes later on the story, but it's something that should really be talked about.
I mean if we transposed it in Europe, with german people instead of japanese, they would be faced with the possibility of helping a regime which caused the destruction of Europe and genocided multiple populations, but they still could save their homeland from destruction.
It's the same for Japanese, and Imperial Japan did a lot of horrible things which are to be considered when you're in this situation.

No. Are you really this gullible?

Scanlation is up to 91 now, the most recent chapter came out on Saturday.

Nice to see it keeps going. It's quite thrilling and the characters are interesting. Once again, tho, I hope they touch upon the shit going on in China and all the occupied countries. It wouldn't be honest if they ended up helping Japan without mentioning it

>Japan
>Admitting war crimes
lol

You guys are dumb and probably haven't even read this manga

If there are any Frenchfags here you can read all 40 volumes officially in French, while the English scans are at volume 9.

Really liked the series when watching it (10 years ago), but at that time the scanslations were only a few chapters in so there was no way to follow up.

Looking at the manga releases it's not all that far from where the anime ended even after all this time. Shame.

I'll post the most recent chapter, cause it came out pretty recently.

America time

Kadomatsu is back on the Mirai?

END ch. 91

It's about 20-25 chapters that has been translated after the anime events.
A lot of stuff happens in that span of those few chapters too, so I'm quite jealous of the French who have all the volumes translated already.

thanks

Every war themed Japanese manga is somewhat racist, but I don't think it could be a reason for a pull down because Japanese otaku are highly conservative in it's own nature.

Even acknowledging that the IJA invaded China is unusually frank for Japanese works, especially in anime and manga. Zipang's worldview is a very conventional pro-American moderate conservatism

Yeah and Kusaka disappeared after killing Emporer Puyi

Honestly, why is Kadomatsu so worried with Kusaka? Kusaka is just trying to get an early peace treaty right?

Kadomatsu doesn't want history to change drastically, which makes no sense considering he found out he's in a different universe

I actually believed you for a second

Links? All I can find are store pages

I feel like he's going to die.

Anime is just until the sinking of USS Wasp, so ch 60-ish. English scanlation up to 91, vol 9. The manga completed in Japan at vol. 43, so buckle up. Being Indonesian, I've read till vol. 29

god, why is the english scanlation so far behind? it makes me want to die.

Because it's a mature series that's enormous. So limited translator pool and people seeing 40 volumes - fuck that.

Not sure how hard it would be with terms/technical details either.

Technical language is easier to translate than idiomatic. Very precise and specific; you just need a dictionary

Fucking Level/Elex being slowass piece of shit as usual.

Is this from the same manga-ka who drew Boku Wa Beatles?

yep

>Boku wa Beatles
That's a series I haven't heard of for a long time. Remember the first volume or so being pretty great, but had to be dropped due to scanslations stopping dead.

Looking at all his series I count at least 3 that suffered the same fate. Seems Scanners hate him.

it's weird because there's multiple OVAs adapted from his works that all got subs.

Now I am confused.

I remember watching a 26 episode anime that did not end in a cliffhanger....

>does research

Oh no, it did end on a cliffhanger, I just read spoilers for the manga because like hell I"m reading/waiting for 43 volumes of manga to be translated.

Was pretty alright at best.

>reading spoilers
Why? The series is so good. I think it's worth the wait.

How faithfully does the anime adapt the manga?

Extremely well.

They have admitted war crimes just not in the stupid way that the koreans and chinks want them too. The koreans especially refuse to acknowledge that the comfort women were not coerced (because apparently resorting to prostitution when you and your family are starving is "shameful".)

From what i heard IJA is the ones that had a lot of war crimes. IJN not so much. Maybe a handful like the I-8 2nd captain role.

Where ?

Ok but even admitting that, the state of Japan is responsible, a state that they can decide to help or not. Even if they only help the IJN, which they don't, seeing the last chapters, they also help the imperial state of Japan