WAS THAT A GURREN LAGANN REFERENCE?

WAS THAT A GURREN LAGANN REFERENCE?

More like Satoshi kon reference.

Because he's dead, like Rikiishi

YOU STILL GOT OXYGEN IN THOSE MUSCLES

Is Ashita no Joe worth watching?

Yes. All 200 episodes.

If you don't mind the ugly animation of the first season, go for it. Other than that it's a timeless classic, and Joe is arguably the most well-developed MC in anime.
Oh, and the last 26 episodes of the first season are considered kind of bad, but are re-done within the first 12 episodes of the second season.

just read the manga

The anime original content is genuinely good though.

The manga is great and has its own merits as well, but I like some of the things the anime does with the material.
For example creating a bunch of scenes with Jose Mendoza to develop him more and make him more relevant, rather than what the manga does which is make it so you only ever hear him during his inner monologues in the final volume.

I like how left looks better

did you think hajime no ippo was good? ashita no joe is many times better and you should watch it.

It definitely looks more like Chiba's art for sure. Right is bordering on Ikeda.

I haven't seen either, though I've been itching to watch a sports anime recently.

Makes sense considering Dezaki's team had just finished up on Rose of Versailles before starting Ashita no Joe 2. But I think Joe 2 does reflect on Tetsuya's style from later in the manga.

Mind you, the art style of Ashita no Joe 1 is perfectly fine, it's the animation itself that looks ugly most of the time.

If you're looking for a sports anime, I would recommend Hajime no Ippo over Ashita no Joe.

Joe is primarily a character drama with its sports elements taking a back seat to that. Hajime no Ippo is comparatively weak writing wise, but excels at the sports part of the series.

these fags are lying, Ippo is much better

Nah it was a Hajime no Ippo reference, ya fuckin' dingus

Hajime no Ippo reference

they need more oxygen

I cried at the end. Yoko cheering for Joe fucking broke me. I wish I didn't know the ending going into it.

now we all know the ending you fatty

I think almost everyone knows the ending, It's one of the most iconic scenes in the history of anime and manga.

Its pretty good, the animation is horrible though even for its time and I know that is a big turn off for a lot of people.

WAS "WAS THAT A x REFERENCE?" A JOJO REFERENCE?

Why did everything in Joe go so right while everything in Ippo went so wrong?

Ippo didn't putted his grasses on