Ashita no Joe (Tomorrow's Joe)

How about a thread for one of the classics

This shit was a tear jerker

Not much to discuss that hasn't already been discussed. Great series though.

not a good boxing show for sure
great manly drama tho

HEY JOE!
I REMEMBAAAA!
JOOOOOOOOOOOE!

Reading the manga is fucking painful, though, because it was translated in a time where mirroring it was the norm.

>WHY IS EVERYONE A SOUTHPAW?!

lol, and here i thought ippo was shit, that just takes it to a whole new level

it's depressing how badly this has aged. I tried rereading it half a year ago, lost interest after that match with the br fag or whatever

Dude, Sendo is based off of Joe Yabuki... Even down to having a bunch of kids follow him around everywhere.

>You were very, very strong man.
>And I was very, very strong man too.

What's your problem with Hajime no Ippo's boxing?
It's mostly accurate (except for when it's not) and just exaggerates things here and there, but for the most part the boxing theory applied in it is sound.
Definitely makes more of an effort to actually get the details right than any other boxing fiction i've seen yet.

Alright faggots it's time to finally start it so the question is:Anime or manga?

If you guys want to see a REALLY shitty boxing anime, watch Ring Ni Kakero.
It's physically painful to watch.

Anime.

The anime original content and cool visual direction place it above the manga for me.
Things like Nishi's retirement party and the added scenes to better develop Mendoza's character were appreciated, and it added more tiny but significant details to Joe's character that weren't present originally that just elevates it higher. It also makes better use of the side characters.

The manga has its own merits as well mind you, and your preference largely depends which medium you enjoy more.

You want this to be a repeat of yesterdays thread because I can make that happen.

>It's mostly accurate (except for when it's not)
Holy hell, how old are you, 10?

>Ring Ni Kakero

This fucking guy was so corny. Really didn't care for this show too much, in the end. I can appreciate it for it's influence and all that, but I wouldn't go to bat for it.

Some people only like it, because they can feel they're special snowflakes (since it's a heavily underwatched show). Despite the whole script and execution is just as retarded as *say* Guilty Crown.

op1 and glory of pain are some of the best openings in anime history. god tier songs. i don't have the OST for the 1st season though and i wish i did.

S2 EDs are the true god tier songs of the series.

You're not making an argument.

I haven't read the manga, but AnJ the anime is one of my least favourite Dezaki works largely because of those annoying kids.

AnJ 2 is great though, Engrish not withstanding.

>next you

The junkie blues song was my favourite I think.