Made in Abyss

The composer choice for the anime adaptation seems to be fucking perfect.
youtube.com/watch?v=bXInSJv07QM
soundcloud.com/kevinpenkin

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/mia toc/
strawpoll.me/13401301
strawpoll.me/13401861
www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/imagine/20170711/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure thing, Kevin.

So I spent the last two days catching up on all of this and now that I've caught up I have a great big hollow void inside me.

Somebody help me fill the hole, I want to gush about how great the manga is.

Season 1 ending point confirmed.

Have you read chapters 39-42?

How does this confirm anything but that spread being in?

We almost went 15 minutes without a thread, thanks god you were here user.

So the director of the orphanage descended preety far right? She has Ozen hair

No I haven't, none of the websites I've been using seem to have it so if you got links that would be dope, I just assumed that was as much as that was.

No problem, you know you can always count on me, user.

I was already getting withdrawal symptoms.

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/mia toc/

Most likely. Prushka had it also.

Please answer these two polls:

strawpoll.me/13401301

and

strawpoll.me/13401861

How do we know that page was for the last episode?

Huh. I thought there would be more new people.

So, the reason Bondrewd managed to keep part of his sanity is because he pretended the praying hands had personalities and choose a central one for himself right?

>current ranking
>after 42 chapters out of God knows how many
finish yourself

Is this accurate?

To be fair these polls aren't very interesting, couldn't be assed to turn noscript off to answer them

Wouldn't be the worst choice. This leaves enough source material to start with a second season while the hype is still fresh and the investors still easy to win.

What does this even mean?

Made in Abyss truly is the Dark Souls of Anime.

Maybe some people started to read the manga like a week before Ep 1?

What a cute doggo

Well turn it off and answer.

Stop with the fucking meme, it's dumb and you should feel bad.

So what does the curse warding box that Ozen actually do?

I mean I know it has creepy resurrection necromancy powers but why did Ozen put Riko's in there after her stillbirth, didn't she not know what it did?

Did she just stuff a dead infant in the box for shits and giggles or so Lyza didn't have to see the body?

How do you know that's the ending point?

No, it's boring as shit

Documentary about the anime.

www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/imagine/20170711/

We have 3 pages with potential information on the adaptation.

I like this, and it makes sense, but unless they change the order on some things (which they've already shown they're willing to do) or rush an epilogue to this scene, Riko will be unconscious until S2.

Her not knowing about Mitty makes the dream sequence a bit more meaningful.

And we have this mystery text with no translations.

So we have 2 faggots among us. Good to know.

As someone pointed out last thread.

The top is chapter 24.
Middle where the Ozen face is at chapter 16.
Bottom with the hand holding spread is at chapter 17.

Pretty out of order.Therefore,we don't know what the fuck those pages are.

Stupid questions list:

Who did Lyza sacrifice to obtain her white whistle? Was it her husband?
What is a white whistle?
How do blessings work?
Is Prushka dead?
How does the Zoaholic work?
How did they get to the 6th layer if Bonedrewd's whistle doesn't work?
How did Lyza get down to the 6th layer without her whistle?
If Bondrude can't suffer the curse because the Abyss sees his bodies as mindless, then why does he need the cartridge system to divert the curse?

nanachi sure knows her way around a 「mushroom」

Lore idea, the praying skeletons seem to come from a past civilization, as in the preserved corpses of Pompeii.
Every 2000 years "something" happens, 1900 years ago the abyss was discovered.
Can't it be that every 2000 the world gets fucked and the abyss adds another layer on top of it, covering the old world and starting the cycle anew.
Would explain how they have electricity and I assume some sort of firearms but we haven't seen barely any form of mechanical device powered by fossile combustibles, the new civilization just salvages tech from the old one and then pours it's resources into exploring the Abyss yet again.

Look at this dumb bitch

I think you are more onto something than even your realize.

She was bringing her best friend's dead baby back to the surface. It's not like she was gonna leave the box even if she left Riko, it's a valuable artifact, so why not bring the baby too and give it a funeral on the surface.

Stupid lists:

Stupid questions list

It started to get mentioned here a few times a month a couple of months ago, before volume 4 was fully scanned and typeset. I picked it up around then and by the time I had read volume 3 the announcements for the anime started to come out.

Speedreading faggots list:

Thats what I assumed that she just didn't know what it did and stored the baby inside it for convenience sake and didn't have to carry a blood covered baby corpse as well as a giant box.

I think my translation was kind of wonky, I had to read those panels like 10 times just to get a grasp of it.

>Can't it be that every 2000 the world gets fucked and the abyss adds another layer on top of it, covering the old world and starting the cycle anew.

I had a similar idea, like every 2000 years the world grows a new layer like an onion.

Would also explain why there is a crystallized city on the 6th layer.

If I recall right Lyza was already a WW when she got married, so no idea.

White whistles emit some sort of resonant tone only by its original carrier and according to Nanachi "awakens properties in relics". I guess they are used to activate the most complex ones.

My take on blessings is that they turn you not only into a lovely furball but also enhance your senses and, that's just stretching it, maybe you get some sort of pheromones or aura of atractiveness with the opposite sex. Reg and Bonedrewd get obsessed with petting Nanachi, and not just in a cute way, as we can see for Regs arousal. Maybe it improves a more primal facet of the human being, making it faster and with better senses.

I would say that she's dead but she symbolically lives in the White whistle of Riko.

No idea, only that you can project your mind into other living beings.

They'll use Prushka-whistle, since it's of the same material that WW are made of and it's resonant with Riko.

I think Lyza got to the 6th layer and sent her whistle up from there, along with the notes. Maybe she made Reg carry it to the flower tomb where her pickaxe was found.

I think that Bonedrewd can still suffer it, since his bodies are human and he wants to recieve the blessing.

you don't need to keep answering this.
Some retard user posts this same list every thread.

You don't need to answer that list. Retarded speedreaders like often post stupid questions like that and get angry when they're called speedreaders and when you send them back to read the manga.

Does 39 to 42 only exist as pagescans and Sup Forums posts? Do we have any idea how long till they're done with typing?

The Abyss is Hell, as in Dante's Inferno 9 circle of hell. ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante) )
The obvious similarities being
5th Layer : Sea of corpse, and elevator to the 6th layer with narehate city.
5th Circle : The River Styx, and an entrance to the city of Dis.
The earth is due for armageddon by god every 2000 years. The death on birthday phenomena is a sign of that, and the praying skeleton is the believer of god.
Lyza in bottom layer found out about this somehow and want to inform the surface world, but she can't anymore due to the curse.
Meanwhile in surface world, Riko's dog Reg dies and his soul was sent to the abyss.
Then it was reincarnated / got his soul put into robot, becoming the robot reg we knows now.
Lyza tells reg to become messenger to the surface world with the message "I'll be waiting here" and gives him her Pickaxe and whistle, and thus reg journey to the surface begin.
In his journey, he met Faputa in 6th layer, bury lyza pick axe in 4th layer, then finally rushed to 1st layer saving riko when shes in danger.

39 and 40 have been typeset but need redrawing. 41 and 42 are being worked on.

No your stupid list shits up the thread just as much as speedreaders.

_No

I've been thinking something along those lines as well. It would explain pic related.
I seriously doubt it's the whole world, but just that island on top within range of the curse though.
Also, those trees in the Cup of the Giants die every 2000 years, so it's not just happening on top.

Will this series have a happy ending?

It doesn't. It's a good way to get a chuckle out of other people's stupidity.
It's only a problem when somebody like you shows up and starts shitposting like a madman that the thread goes down the drain.

Thanks user, does the translation have a team-blog or something to follow with updates?

I'm scared to think the turns this might take.
As in Lyza will have to do something horrible down there to save the world, but she's the batshit crazy pickax-happy lady, so I don't know how much of a "hero" we can call her.

Her intentions may very well be to send Reg up to kill Riko or to fetch her and bring her to the bottom of the Abyss, since she's "made in Abyss" and probably the only child to be born in it.

Reg losing his memories and his shot with the Incinerator at the beginning might have been an attempt to kill Riko which failed and ended up losing his memory, yadda yadda.

I don't really know and I'm just throwing ideas, but I dread and I love the idea that a horrible truth awaits at the bottom.

Doubtful

No, this is where season 1 will end.

There is a discord, but I don't know the channel.

user who ran a Pen and paper MiA game yesterday, players demand more.
I made them delve to earn their red whistle, and I don't know what to do with them. The thing is I can only send em down the Abyss for some reason, or keep giving them little tasks to fulfill.
What adventure would you guys think of for a bunch of ragtag kiddos with no strong drive towards the Abyss like Riko's?

Also post ideas for shitty relics for layers 1 and 2.
Thus far the ones they have found:
>A stone cube which emites a faint light
>Coins that always land on the same face
>A forever-spinning circle attached to a necklace
>A crystal ball that once shaken gets cold

Batoto.
We have a discord, but it's for scanlation discussion and coordination.

I've seen some pages posted where loli gets tortured. Is this one of those mangas that start all cutesy then goes full edge or is this actually worth watching?

Bittersweet if lucky

It is worth watching because it's good edge.

It's a series about a bunch of kids going down a hellhole. You tell me how it's going to go once they start descending into it.
And yes, it's worth reading in my opinion.

>that start all cutesy then goes full edge or is this actually worth watching
Both.

The manga knows how to do it well without coming over as edgy. at least imho.

>that start all cutesy then goes full edge or is this actually worth watching?
Even if it did go "full edge", why wouldn't it be worth watching?

>inb4 Ito ending
That being said, I assume that everyone on the surface around the Abyss dies, so I guess we'll see how that goes.

Make them get curious as to what is down there, or have an NPC friend delve into it in order to have them go on a search for them.

Leader will evacuate everyone.

Yes, it's madoka tier shit. Now go back

My first thought when I started reading and really getting into this was "Man this would make for an insane DnD campaign, I should start drawing up encounters and maps..."

And then I remembered my DnD group dissolved years ago and all my boxes of maps, dice, gear and books are gathering dust on my shelf

Fucking Reg protect Riko's smile.

I know how hard it is to assemble a decent roleplaying group, user. I'm sorry for you.

Curious if everyone in the Abyss is safe, or just people past level 6, or not at all. Also wonder if the not!Leaves/petal bugs will ascend to the surface and kill everyone.

>not posting the superior version

Your mistake was to recommend them the series user, now you can't rip off the plot.
I would say "go send them down to a deeper layer in order to bring a message to a recluse black/white whistle", and then they discover the Whistle dead and they must investigate what happened. Or be little pussies and come back to the surface, and be hung naked.

>posting anyone who isn't Bonedude

Not very SUBARASHI of you.

I think red circle is Mitty first appareance (ch.20 p.12) and green circle is Riko under the effects of the curse and poison (ch.19 p.12)

I could entertain them with some menial tasks in layer 1 since they are still kids and red whistles, and send em delving to second and third layer later on.
They will get probably killed sometime but well.

Wouldn't be more interesting to be a narehate or a black whistle instead of a shitty red whistle?

They don't know about the setting, so I introduce them to it through the experience of beginning delvers.
I can do a black whistle adventure later on in which everyone is fully kitted with weaponry and relics
and they still die horribly

Threadly reminder that Bondrewd is the best dad ever and did nothing wrong.

>Dante's Inferno 9 circle of hell

This stupid meme made me read Dante's commedia yesterday. Looks like a moral critique of contemporary Italian politics to me. I don't see similarities to the manga at all. This "The Abyss is Dante's Hell" is a bit far-fetched.

Then make them meet someone at Layer 1, except that person is not there but left a trail (blood/artefacts/footsteps) that goes down Layer 2. THat will make for an interesting dilemma : should they try to rescue their target but go down against their orders, or give up the rescue and come back with nothing, but safe?

Yeah, that's Mitty's first appearance for sure, hard to say about Riko.

So we know that, at the top we have chapter 24.
The red circle is chapter 20.
Below we have Ozen's face ch 16.
And the hand holding from the bottom is chapter 17.

Weird page, things are all over the place.

It's just a loose comparison from the fact that the abyss is "hellish" and is divided by layers.

Here are a few artifacts only mentioned in the story in passing. All presumably high level though.

>They cant see past 7th layer
>They assuume it's the final layer

Why though?

>Head-harvesting Mask
>Gorebag
What does that do?

>tasty gag

There a few bits of information they have about it, so there's probably some form of evidence to suggest that it's the final layer.

I suppose wherever they got this information from.

I felt the same, then Chapter 42 happened. I want more.

>Dead-Commandeering Mask: Core Phantom Genie
Thanks mr skeletal