Jigoku Shoujo

Airs in about a half hour.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1D1coUmOM
youtube.com/watch?v=iVBmh1EmC5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm exited but it seems nobody really cares for this anime.

doesnt help that the first season wasnt so good so most people lost interest

Three seasons is a lot for people who still haven't watched it -- three seasons of rage of the week format is even worse. Especially since they all aired god knows how many years ago.

I've only watched the 1st season. It was ok.

Oh shit it airs today? I've seen the whole thing so I'll watch this season too.

I kind of assumed it was a classic since it had three seasons. How did it get four seasons?

It also reminds me of Sky High which I remember reading years ago.

Nah. Ai's design was a classic, not the show.

I love the whole Sky High series but I've never bothered to watch any of this.

It gets better over time. 3rd season is honestly great. If you really want you can skip the second and the first if you had to. You dobt miss much except back story on the main characters which never really becomes relevant.

I think this season contains 6 new episodes and 6 old ones so you don't even have to have watched the older seasons. Hopefully they wrap up the story this time.

Is it getting horrible subs?

Not on their schedule

No one cares about some weebshit version of hellboy

It's considered a classic in Japan. Pretty much every anime fan has watched an episode or two, or at least knows the general premise of the show. In the west though, not so much.

I can straight watch this season?? I watched till like 12th episode of the first season, episodes were too predictable and boring maybe back then when it aired it was a good weekly watch.

Shit is it getting a new episode? I watched it all, the plot blew my mind years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1D1coUmOM

Still gets me every time I hear it.

I'm always excited for Emma Ai sending retarded teenagers to hell.

I'd watch season 3 just because it's good. But none of the seasons really require you to have watched the previous ones. They're pretty episodic. There is one episode devoted to the back stories of each of the 4 or 5 main characters, but they never end up mattering. Chances are you can watch this season without much of an issue regardless though

So how was it?
At this point, I'm mosty in for some surprising Kikuri lewd (like her dirty french kiss, or fundoshi service)

Anime of the season of all seasons.

Is there romance or is the main girl waifuable?

No and yes.

Has anyone actually watched it?

Quick recap guys.
What happened to the girl in season 3?
Is she the reincarnation of AI?

yes. marathoned all 3 seasons some time ago. quite the experience this way. honestly, if they don't introduce the new character immediately i won't be able to tell whether an episode of s4 is a rerun
she was dead all along an passed on after a brief stint as a hell girl? something like that - you got to hear satomi satou go 'ippen shinde miru' once. also, she congratulated ai on having had a boyfriend before dying. sluts, the lot

I meant has anyone watched the new episode

Took the job as hell girl but fucked up so bad on the first day Ai got dragged out of retirement to clean up the mess.

That new girl failed at her job by being biased so enma ai is back to being hell girl

doesn't it actually air tomorrow? so, in about 22 hours?

Thanks.
My memory is a bit haze about season 3.
But I remember a lot about season 1.
The build up towards the end of S1 is great imo.

Poor Ai, she took the role again because the poor girl didn't deserve that suffering.

Season 2 and 3 are a lot less predictable and the characters motivations are way more interesting

>S1 OP playing during a few episodes of S2
this is okay

Watched to watch this live along with you guys a few months ago.

Season 1 is overall the best.
Season 2 is not as good but has the best climax
Season 3 overall was worse than both and was mostly boring.

Hopefully they try to be more old style instead of experimental unlike last time.

Subs never?

Is she the new "Hell Girl" protege? Seems like Enma AI bring her everywhere and talks to her a lot in the PV.

Was it yuri?

Where are all my Himebros?

Where are my Hajimebros at? Not only was he the voice of reason, but his conclusion was the best in the series and he even wrote a fucking book to help prevent future Hell Girl outbreaks. His legacy will live on and continue to cuck Enma Ai's schemes even after retiring from the seigi-no-mikata life. It's a shame Tsugumi was so wishy-washy in S3. I wanted her to help and heal Yuzuki.

It's not like anyone could help her, except for Ai.

I enjoyed the slow but steady mindbreak Yuzuki suffered through s3, her friends kept fucking up or being fucked over.

Can't believe this is a thing.
This show has nothing going for besides Ai's character design and teh Mamiko, yet t's getting a new season after all that time?
It's always the same shit!
I guess the Japanese audience is really hungry for discount horror like Yami Shibai and they thought it was a good idea.

It's the thought that counts. Yuzuki was basically begging Tsugumi for help near the end, but she just kind of did nothing. I understand that was the point, but I feel it could have been handled better.

He's the only intelligent and relatable character in the show, which obviously means he can't win because it's that kind of story.

>stop liking what I don't like

But he did win. He's the only character in the entire show that's avoided banishment without any outside influence. He accepted his faults, and Tsugumi chose not to banish him because of it. Ai didn't get her way, and the Shibata bloodline lives on. That's pretty much the definition of "winning" in a show like Hell Girl.

Enough about 'winners'
Who's the biggest loser so far?

Wasn't there an episode with a dude who died literally a few minutes after pulling the string? Maybe it doesn't count as the biggest loser, but it was one of the most ironic ones out of them all.

The Devil's Child had a rough life. It must suck being the living embodiment of a scapegoat. RIP in peace to his mom and two NBR big sisters. He got a relatively happy ending, though, all things considered.

>that nurse that got sent to hell for no reason
>the fat bitch that killed the puppies
>the one where the jealous girl pours acid down her rival's throat to destroy her vocal cords
Those episodes still haunt me to this day.

>MUH PUPPIES
Heh, america spotted.

Killing small animals is generally a sign of psychosis.

Wait, they're being this back? Who the fuck wanted this back? It was so forgettable, not even in a "so bad it's good way" just a "why am I even wasting my time with this" way.

Why armchair university did you get your masters in psychology from?

Not an argument.

>Americans dislike when defenseless animals are killed

This is supposed to be a negative stereotype?

I tried watching all three seasons, but got fatigued and dropped it.

One thing I do remember was the great potential for some /ss/ in season 2. I'm still mad that she died.

Funnily enough, that's pretty much how the dub VA sounded.

Not if it's for food.

It's certainly not good, but it's a very comfy show to watch late at night every now and then. I've seen all of it like that, even the live-action. It's certainly not a show to marathon like most of Sup Forums does. If you're in the mood you might get that "maybe one or two more" feeling but 3-4 episodes is the most I could stomach at the time, but that's not a proper indicator of liking or disliking a show IMO.

It only really falls apart when they try to mix a story arc into the plot. It's why season three was so bad.

>Season 2 is not as good but has the best climax
Damn, that ending with Ai crying and everyone rioting was so good.

But season 1 had the best episode of the series, a true 10/10.

I still get teary eyed just thinking about it.

HS not picking this up?

The one which I remember the most was the yandere brother one who crossdressed to fuck and then blackmail his sister's boyfriends.
That was hilariously fucked up.

You would weep for me?

This show has one of the best aesthetics of any anime I've ever seen. I loved it.

The early pacing certainly put a lot of people off, it took a *long* time to change & start to play around with the format.

iirc I think it sold well enough internationally to make it profitable.

Not an amazing show but it was comfy with great visuals.

Visuals and direction were top notch, but the animation itself was pretty bad. This season being shorter would ultimately be for the best since they (at least I'm assuming) would be able to spend more on animating it.

Man, this was the anime that finally got me into watching more than just ghibli stuff. Do we know if any sub groups are actually gonna translate this?

Probably not
Amazon is doing it

How's the new OP?
The first one is still one of my favorites from that time.
youtube.com/watch?v=iVBmh1EmC5M

I liked the third season op

First episode is not a recap

>[Ohys-Raws] Jigoku Shoujo Yoi no Togi - SP (BS11 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4

This looks like half clip show and half interviews with the staff. Part of the new season or just a promotional special?

>uploaded on July 7th
the new episode isn't out yet I think

That's from last week, the usual promotional special. Mamiko has a mean laugh (some time between 14th and 15 mthinute in that rip)

Oh fuck I forgot about this. I was planning on watching all the previous series in time for this one because it looked cool. Not sure if I'll bother now.

>The fourth season is licensed by Aniplex of America and is set to be streamed on Amazon Prime Video and Crunchyroll.
I don't get why HS isn't picking it up then. They're releasing far more obscure stuff this season.

good shit

Hopefully it's an oversight

Seems like there was a mistake with the schedule in some sources, the episode doesn't air until tomorrow (technically today for japan).

Disappointing. Was looking forward to this and the reflection both of which start weeks after everything else

Ai ai Ai!

Ai a cute

Creepycute is best cute.

Seitokaichou Ai

HS is doing Jigoku Shuojo when it comes out.

Heard about this manga several years ago but never cared to check. Anybody can tell me more? Too lazy to search right now.

Well it's an anime original. Hell Girl will send someone you hate to hell for a price. You have to go to hell too when you die. Each episode is a different story. Starts out slow

>tfw no nobody says
"No I fucking wouldn't"

I read that as
>Creampie is best

Get your head out of the gutter, user.

Subs when?

creampAi

I watched half of the first season years ago then forgot about it. Maybe I'll watch the rest

ai

Subs when?

The guy who crashed his motorcycle and was dying while Kikuri told him hell really exists? Yeah, that guy was the biggest loser.

Uketorinasai