ITT: Genuine 2/10 series hailed as masterpieces

ITT: Genuine 2/10 series hailed as masterpieces

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FZUCvi7H968
youtube.com/watch?v=6YOw6nSeCog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Code Gaylords

(You) first

Gays in Space (AKA Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

LOGH
Monster
Evangelion
Texhnolyze
Kaiji
HxH
FMA
Akagi
Akira
Nausicaa

Gurren Lagann
Any monogatari
Anything with moe/loli on it

True dat

Wow nice bait

bland adaption of a great comic

Damn you posted two answers in one picture, good job

nice transparency that only works on yotsuba b retard

I bet you didnt even watch all 110 episodes, you big ole gigantic faggot.

K-On is the only one that really comes to mind. There are plenty of overrated shows. But none with the massive disparity between general consensus and my own personal opinion that come even close to K-On. And I'm not saying the show is trash or that everyone else is somehow wrong in their enjoyment of it. But my viewing experience was of a show with absolutely nothing to say.

youtube.com/watch?v=FZUCvi7H968
youtube.com/watch?v=6YOw6nSeCog

this rating means nothing until you give an example of a 10/10 series for comparison

Pic related.

I watched all 110 episodes of LOTGH, as well as every single episode of K-On!, and I can attest to the fact that K-On! is literally better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Yang is an alcoholic who does nothing but to quote old history books, and Reinhard is obsessed with millennia-old Ancient Chinese concept of the mandate of heaven, and his entire motivation is his "beloved anewe".
On the other hand, K-On! is a story about friendship, about girls spending their highschool days together. Its characters are vibrant, filled with life. They're not obsessed with "muh politics", or anything of that sort. They're just normal girls. And that's why K-On! is great. It doesn't attempt to be a great epic story about some rock band. It doesn't attempt to be great at all. It's just all about girls being in a club, eating kekki and drinking cha. It's simplicity at its finest. Experiences, spending time together. Altough many people take these things for granted, it wasn't up until I graduated from high school that I realized that I could never have a group of friends like Mio, Ritsu, and Mugi. All of these special moments are things that I would have never been able to experience.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes seems bland and superficial in comparison, since it is all about war, military strategy, and masturbating to how much you know about historical conflicts.

>meanwhile watches moe shows and calls other good shows shit

another day on Sup Forums

>Sup Forums is a hugbox for pathetic moefaggots
I mean you're right but that doesn't mean I'm going anywhere

Seriously kill yourself

Kyoanusfags, man.

o lord the buttmad
tex has never been hailed as a masterpiece - it's fucking stereotypical lowbudget arthouse ffs
>akira
do you give a fuck about animation? that's honest to god fucking sad that the only thing you give a fuck is comf, and how easily you can fall into an idealized dream state while you watch

>kaiji, akagi
never hailed as masterpieces even by their most vehement fans, and clearly they're the same type of over emotive faggot as you - where you want comfort they seek despair

self insert faggots need gas/gulag

it's like everyone's forgotten how to sage....

Lain, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Gunbuster, Jin-Roh, Akira, 08th MS Team, Perfect Blue... All 2/10 or below

>not "overrated shit"
Fucking newfags.

>MAL
Go back there faggot.

Aria a show about nothing.

Making sage invisible was a mistake. I have a feeling that a lot of newer anons don't even know what it is anymore, and having it show up in the email field was a useful "middle finger" to a shitty thread.

The catalog probably doesn't help either though, the first page is a lot less relevant when you can see every thread on the first 5 or so pages at once.

>Akagi
why?

>war in the pocket
>a masterpiece
When will this meme end?

Probably the same time people stop raving about Zeta and the even more execrable CCA.

CCA is a masterpiece

That's every slice of life you dolt.

When Sup Forums thinks a show is "overrated" you know it's going to be good.

>Akira
You mean the movie, right? The manga was 9/10.

Since there is no guide on these things and every question is met with Lurk Moar but I've been Lurking for almost 2 years and I've never found the answer. What is the Sup Forums approved way to track the anime you have watched? I'm asking for a friend.

i definitely feel that over half of the people on this site don not know what sage is.

You can criticize it for its terrible characters, legendary asspulls or outlandish anticlimaxes, but nine times out of ten the fanbase is content to just tell you that you're too stupid to appreciate the minute, sophisticated nuances that make things like central antagonists dying to radiation poisoning off-screen and characters becoming hilariously strong without any effort true examples of excellent storytelling.

Says the nigger posting deviant art edits

>terrible characters
?
>asspulls
?
>anticlimaxes
Isn't that kind of the point?
>you're too stupid
I think you solved your own problem.

>central antagonists dying to radiation poisoning off-screen

What?
Is Komugi the central antagonist? Or is it Youpi and Shiapouf because we saw Meruem die in her arms.

i dont care about your ratings, but thats a p good list

People that haven't watched +1000 anime shouldn't be allowed to post

Fully agreed, Monster fans need to be killed

is this the legendary bait that never dulls?

FMA
It's literally just shonen shit.

*watches this new one*
*opens the list*
*gives this one 8*
*deranks all the old 8s to 7s*
ikuuuuu

Who hails 08th MS Team as a masterpiece? Do people even like it?

0080 is ridiculously better than Zeta, it's not even comparable. CCA is whatever.

Did I miss the daily Sup Forums contrarian thread?

No, share your shitty opinions.

angel beats

>Not bashing the MALfag
Waiting for this summer to end.

I don't give a shit about that guy's stale-ass bait, I'm just genuinely confused at the notion that people think 08th MS is a masterpiece.

>not knowing this image is basically a copypasta
Ok faggot

Shit taste or good bait?

I LOVE HER!

The Yorkshin arc was kino, tho

Eh. Monster as a whole is okay it's just the ending that completely kills it.

Chrno Crusade.

The manga is good, but the anime series was fucking awful, the "MUH FEELS" ending was the icing on the cake.

I know you're trying to meme but in truth there's no such thing. a 2/10 is something people won't even bother talking about how bad they thought it was.

I'd give it a 3 or maybe even a 4 just because it's visually amazing

baccano

Then why did you post it in a 2/10 thread?

I wanted to post my opinion

Notepad.

Evangelion or atleast used to.

kys

Your opinion was not relevant to this thread.

I apologize if i made you upset user

Learn to communicate in English or die.

Not 2/10, but I've always thought Hyouka was vastly overrated.

If it isn't 2/10, it does not belong in this thread.

IBO is a perfectly boring 5/10

Literally nothing in this thread is 2/10

Then it is worthless and should be passed over.

>Texhnolyze

absolutely fucking this

for sure

Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Mad Men

There's a bunch of Eva shitposting already, but here's a genuine one:
>Evangelion 2.0
It destroyed the whole middle portion of the TV series, threw all the characterization overboard and introduced that worthless glasses bitch. And all that only to lead up to 3.0. Everything that's bad about the third movie was predicated by the second.

K-On
Maid Dragon
Little Witch Academia
Re:Zero

If anything, K-on seems like it challenges Frege's philosophy. For Frege, "fun things are fun" is redundant. K-on shows how art can make arguments that go beyond the boundaries of traditional argumentative philosophy. "Fun things are fun" answers a question that doesn't even make sense in the analytic tradition.

Literally all anime "masterpieces".

Even the best ones have writing on par with a 6/10 movie.

If you give a show a 1 or 2/10, it's supposed to mean that you really fucking hated or were personally offended by it. Something that's so boring you don't even remember it is more of a 4.

Thank god the archives don't allow some of these shitposts to be lost in time, like tears in rain.

You're trying too hard you didn't even offend me, and i am the biggest pussy on this board.

Post an anime with great plot

K-on

This but unironically.

>best example he could come up with is K-On
And this is why anime isn't taken seriously

Why are you here, Miyazaki-san?

>implying

Every single Ghibli movie

melodramatic ear rape.