Isekai Thread

Why aren't you reading the best (and actually good) isekai currently running?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/a/1500061198346.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You mean this one?

Wake me up when She's an arachne and maybe I'll agree.

He means this one.

So we're getting a shortstack pair of titties for Kal to suck?

Knife ear Sasha was a bigger bro than the previous chapter made him out to be.

Kings get to be dicks under the excuse of testing people and basically waving their kinghood in your face, but it's nice that he wasn't only thinking of taking advantage of them.

>Dungeon seeker
Are you trolling?

He probably is but as much as I hate to admit it, I am now also reading it unironically because I can't stop watching that trainwreck.

i.4cdn.org/a/1500061198346.jpg

That was way shittier than the originals sadly.

holy shit what is this

hentai

I had some good wanks to the original. Is this any good?

Not really, but then again I don't understand why people like Rebis.

does anyone know the name of the manga when the MC become a skeleton?

Yuusha ga shinda?

The paladin skeleton? I think it's on my list but I don't remember the name.

kumo is shit. It's fun for a time, most isekai are, but it's still shit

Overlord? Anything else about this skeleton you remember?

You mean Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu?

It's far from the "best" and shit scanlation doesn't make it any more appealing.

What do you mean? The quality is fine and the translation is readable.

>this page
>fine
And this is only one and very first page. You can post literally whole chapter and there wouldn't be a page that wasn't bad one way or another. It's not LHTranslation tier, but quite bad nevertheless.
>yfw Dungeon Seeker has better scanlation than most isekai series

That the one , thank you :)

It looks better than the scans from 91% of all isekai manga.

A good manga that

This reminds me of that one doujin with sequels, damn it was good.

It's the same shit.

Sure, if you're blind.

Man, that MC balls dropped so hard after shit got really serious, I was honestly surprised.

I never read any abilities that he got. Why the scans even translate that shit.

Because that's literally what the WN is about. Some chapters are just shopping lists.

started to read, didn't really liked it

you mean overlord

Shinju no Nectar is the undeniably best manga running right now.
You cannot prove me wrong.

No surprise, it's awful. Too bad, it looked promising.

>manga from alphapolis site
>still looks better thanks to good scanlate
>clean page
>non-retarded typeset for the most part except skills
>the only real minus is that it saved in RGB as png24
You know when you had it bad even if Re:Monster has better scanlation.
At least try. You can hardly find isekai manga that has worse typeset than Dharani. Same not cleaned or even worse scans? Easy. Saved in jpgs? You don't even need to try. But typeset? This takes the cake.

Well, I do think it's the best isekai, but lactation isn't my fetish.
Those are some nice tiddies tho

>>still looks better
No, it doesn't. The only bad thing about the Dharani page is some mildly off-center text.

>No, it doesn't.
Go on, explain.
>mildly
You nave to buy a new pair of glasses. And this is not the only problem with this scanlation, though wost worst of them.

>Go on, explain.
It looks like blurry shit and this only to hide how bad the raws look.

The Dharani scans look better than just about anything but the highest quality digital raws, and the translation is more readable than the vast majority of isekai translations. Whatever deeply offends you about these scans, it should definitely turn you off from reading isekai and most manga in general altogether.

>It looks like blurry shit a
>manga from alphapolis site
No way!
Retard, you don't even know what are you talking about. Holy shit.

>B-but worse scans don't count!
Oh, fuck off.

you mean this one, well I did it today

and there is also this guilty pleasure of mine

I have low standards and can stomach pretty much any isekai. That said, how is Dungeon Defense compared to its peers? Should I have any expectations going in?

Wait, there is a new chapter? why can't I find it?

Where are you looking? I found it on kissmanga.

Do The New Gate or Only Sense Online count as isekai? What about Tsuyokute New Saga?

Are you dumb?

make way, the pinnacle of isekai literature coming through

Ari... self-insert that is just fanfic.
i refuse to believe that is a manga.

>Where are you looking
Pretty much, everywhere else, thanks

Is this the one where he's a super rare and powerful incubus with like two dozen sisters of various races?

Yes, don't know, Kind of.

Some people don't like to admit time travel is isekai, but even then New Saga has the issue that the "new world" is the same as his old world so it's hard to apply the label.

Idiot, they've had more work in them because the source is total shit and the most you can say is
>b-b-but they b-b-blury a little!
While all those Dharani retards had to do is to take scans, clean them up, make good typeset and that's all. But nope:
>take time to replace all sfx with you shit
>don't clean scans
>hire a blind person to typeset
>make random font size without any reason
>make gray outline instead of white
>"best scanlation ever!"

What do you think of this character design?

So what's the criteria then? Are there things that definitely make something isekai, or other things that make it definitely not? Is there a "standard" isekai series used as the barometer by which it's judged?

well, it is one

sorry to bother, but im looking for some good isekai anime. something lighthearted with some comedy would be nice. konusuba or Re: Zero like. no game no life, problemchildren are from another world, arent they?, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Gate (among with some others i probably cant recall now) i watched already. am happy about any recommedation

some good fantasy anime i wouldnt mind either.

Isekai just refers to the genre where the protagonist is transported to a "different world" the thing is, his own world but in the past (or future) is a kind of different world, and even laughably advanced video-games can kind of count as "different worlds". Old and influential western stories like a Princess of mars are pretty much Isekai.

But New Saga is on unsteady ground because his "new world" is pretty much his own world, though in-story it's considered a "parallel world" that just matches his own.

Maybe, but I'm not touching the novel so I wouldn't know, the manga is silly enough on its own.

I dropped it when he didn't get to fuck his mother.
Fucking garbage bait.

Many people on Sup Forums likes it but then again Sup Forums likes edgy stories.

Everyone's scheming against each other and so on.

Try Ore to Kawazu-san

thanks, but im looking for something to watch, not read. this seems to be manga exlusive unless im an utter retard too dumb to google

So then Kenja no Mago, GATE, and Tensei Slime Datta Ken are isekai, but Tales of Demons and Gods, Accel World, or Negima are not?

What about Hai to Gensou no Grimgar where being from another world is a rather superfluous detail because none of them remember anything from before they were summoned or spend any time trying to figure out why they're here now or trying to get back?

>this is a female dwarf
Sigh, I hope she at least is a midget or something

It's generally well written and the translation is pretty high level, so it's above most novels just like that. It's pretty good, a lot of KEIKAKU DOORI from a pretty enjoyably edgy MC.

When does the mc become a skeleton?

Any good isekai with a lot of princess or ojou types?

Don't mind me, just posting the undisputed best isekai anime of 2016 and 2017 respectively.

Don't know, yes, yes, don't know, don't know, don't know.
I haven't watched Grimgar but based on your description it's isekai, just shitty about it. I'm currently reading another where the MC doesn't remember his previous life either, but he had a bit of a flashback in a dream and he discovered a new ability because of it, though he still doesn't understand it. He is currently adventuring and trying to find out more about his dream. It's pretty much just fantasy, but technically isekai (though the flashback may be more important later)

Who hype for shieldbro and spearhero redo?

The trailer made it look good, I'm pretty interested.

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

It's not how it works but it is how it SHOULD work.

Well, I wouldn't say 'good', but...

>guaranteed blood pressure increase.jpg
Fucking Maybe why

All I'm saying is that categorizing series by cosmetic details rather than thematic ones doesn't really make sense to me. Sure, the MC in Tsuyokute New Saga was from the same world to begin with, but the general archetyping of the world and characters seems to fit with other isekai. It's just that instead of utilizing knowledge gleaned from another world to manipulate events and unreasonably boost his growth, the MC uses knowledge from before he time traveled. Both are "previous lives" in a sense so I don't see why it should matter.

He doesn't ever stay a skeleton though. I would describe it as the mc with the naked kneesocks fetish

The general premise of the character and setting isn't really a "cosmetic detail". New Saga has much of the same characteristics modern isekai have, but you have to understand that isekai are more than the overused tropes of modern isekai.

New Saga is on a grey area for me, I don't know how to categorize it, though the story itself technically says it's isekai. But a lot of people take severe offense to saying any time travel at all is isekai.

the greed island arc of hunter x hunter is isekai prove me wrong

Isekai Shokudou is such a pleasant surprise desu.
None of that MC with godly fighting powers destined to save the Isekai.
Nigga is just a good cook.

Who reads new masterpiece from Okamoto Lynn?

i truly come to hope you enjoy it.

I'm sad that one was a hyper slut.

Is that the one with the big dog?

I'm also enjoying Isekai Tensei Sudoku a lot. Dogtits best girl.

Youjo Senki? I agree with you there.

Not really sure about Drifters, though. Compared to Hellsing, it just seems flat.

That manga was absolute shit

This guy knows.

It's in the same world as vanilla HxH. Imagine if you were fed a roofie and someone dumped you in the middle of Disneyland.

I love Drifters, it's more of the good old Hirano fun even if it seems a little cheesier.
I just wish there were less japs, they're overrepresented in the roster.

Anyone have isekai bingo? I want to test whichever new isekai series I see.

>Reading Isekai
>Watching Isekai
>Condoning Isekai

Fuck you useless shitty idiots.

Kill yourselves.

All of you.

Well, yeah. It's a Japanese work, so he's going to add a lot more Japanese characters.

You want more non-Japanese characters? Make Western Drifters.

Manga only or light novel too?
Manga: Parallel Paradise, Youjo Senki and others
Novel: Main Character hides his strenth, Overlord and others

That's not an excuse, Fate is basically the same shit and it keeps the cast of heroes way more balanced.