Overrated Anime

What is the most overrated anime in your opinion Sup Forums?

that one

Nani?

Haruhi

every Dragon ball

Madoka is the correct answer.

Contrarians love to answer with Evangelion but they are obviously wrong.

This

Little Witch Academia

Madoka.

Eromanga-sensei

You're favourite

F/SN

THIIIIIIIIIIIS

Madoka was shit. I actually watched the whole thing because multiple people recommended it to me. It was poorly written, convoluted, and none of the characters were very memorable except Mami. It was also EXTREMELY predictable.

Sure it was

Gurren Lagann not so good

Monster.

The manga is way better.

FLCL

Aria, an anime about nothing

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex has some things going for it, but the way the plot is conveyed is borderline bad.
So many times did i fall off the train of thought in the transition from the exposition to the events unfolding.
I had to watch the opening to the episode where togusa goes to the autist-daycare-center 3 times before it made sense.
The characters take a long ass time to get any characterization beyond a vague sense of general professionalism. The stand-alone episodes range from great to completely worthless. The bad ones fail to have interesting things to say, while also failing to flesh out the world. The best ones are self-contained stories with interesting implications.
Where the movie's pace is deliberate, it's never slow like SAC can be at times. SAC can drain the drama out of a plot, and make you not care about the outcome of whatever conflict like nobody's business.
It's like reading a really dry book on an interesting subject matter. I get why people are fond of it, but it just isn't engaging to me.

What was that sarcastic remark directed at? The anime was predictable, end of story. I knew the little Kyu bastard was evil when I first saw him.

Cowboy Bebop

I mean I liked it but it's not the fucking Citizen Kane of anime like too many of you fags think it is

>sure it was

Not that user, but what the fuck kind of response is this? "Sure it was" Dickhead, what the fuck do you MEAN?

Jesus I wish some of you knew how to actually fucking talk to people; get some communication skills you sun-fucked retard.

anything subversive or """deconstructive"""

Your name and Yuri on ice. Both are one hit wonders that will be forgotten ten years later.

>Fedora tipping the post.

Tell me any anime that is as unique and interesting as Cowboy Bebop was.

further evidnec that girls r dumb

T. I am a 15 year old Edgelord that thinks I know the world better than everyone.

Everything post original NGE

this false flag attempt was truly sufficient to prevent me from enjoying that anime series

2017: Kemono Friends
Of all time: Gundam

this

Legally an adult; 15 is a somewhat specific age to choose. Don't project.
I think I know the world better than everyone because I told your stupid ass to get better communication skills? Lol, yeah, major projecting on your part dude.

I thought the beginning was good, second season was a wtf

don't reply to false flaggers / teenage girls

Lol why are you on Sup Forums then. You should be outside.

I was at the lake today for five hours, why the hell would I go back outside? It's funny how you're the one claiming accusations while making one yourself.

All Yuasashit.

Yeah, you're right about the standalone episode quality and the plot stuff, but it isn't over rated by any means. It did much better in it's second season on the standalone series and I think it's something more modern animes should pick up

this

though Citizen Kane is also overrated

Hunter x Hunter

bringing up cliches to subvert them does not make your shit less cliched

the manga is perfect though

you win

>show is bad because predictable
woo boy

Ergo Proxy

I actually agree. Not saying that it's bad, but people dick ride it hard.

Outlaw Star Trigun

Kill la Kill
>lazy fanservice garbage that pretends to be ironic in light of bad storytelling and plot
Evangelion
> the original series is shit with only the movies dragging it along
Madoka
>edgy trash almost on Sword Art level
FLCL
> good, quirky animation and music doesn't make a good show

Does anyone but its weird cult of waifuists rate it at all?

Citizen Cane is highly regarded not for the story but the techniques and style in which it is shot. It seems tame today because everyone has jumped on it.

Madoka
Gintama
HxH
SAO
Shinsekai Yori
F/SN ufotable

What is the point of including moments that are meant to be shocking if they aren't actually shocking to the viewer?

>Contrarians love to answer with Evangelion
You're the contrarian here, bub.

>Kill la Kill
>bad
HOLD THE FUCK UP
That's one of my top 3 anime series of all time :(

>Of all time: Gundam
Watch the original then Zeta. Then come back to Sup Forums.

>>>/facebook/

Its incredibly niche. There's a difference.

The VN has shit waifus though. 's "F/SN ufotable" is correct though.

Hibike or Hyouka

>good, quirky animation and music doesn't make a good show

I disagree

One Piece

Now come at me, haters

Same here. Maybe the hype and unavoidable spoilers ruined it for me, but I dropped it after the requisite three episodes. It just felt like it was aimed at the Hot Topic crowd and not at me, if that makes sense.

That said I hate every Urobuchi work I've ever watched except for Gargantia, so it's not a surprise that I didn't like it.

/thread

say HxH if you want guaranteed replies

But HxH has the biggest asspulls tho so it's pretty obvious
I'd say Re:Zero and Tokyo Ghoul are (or at least were) pretty overrated tho and of course sword art online but psst