Perfect Blue

what does Sup Forums think of Perfect Blue? I have just finished, and I really enjoyed it! I am very curious as I don't frequent Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797611417007
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Satoshi Kon's best work, although Tokyo Godfathers comes close.

I will definitely watch Tokyo Godfathers next!

My favorite movie ever. You should absolutely watch Millennium Actress now. It has the same structure as Perfect Blue and many people say it's the better film. I don't exactly agree with that opinion, but it's certainly very respectable.

It's a movie like Requiem for a Dream to me. You watch it, it's a great film but it's that messed you probably won't watch it again (or for awhile).

My gripe is that the ending seemed a bit farfetched and random, and her disorder seemed fixed magically. The animation really works for it though, the antagonist really made my skin crawl.

But it did teach me that anyone who is fat and/or ugly is probably a serial killer.

Faggot

>her disorder seemed fixed magically
Mima's hallucinations came about due to immense stress from Rumi's psychological terror. By the end of the film, Rumi is in an asylum so Mima's source of stress is gone. So her psychotic breakdown is relieved. Or is it? In the very last shot she says "No, I am real" while looking through a mirror. Throughout the film, mirrors have been used to show her psychosis so the question of if Mima cured or not is delightfully ambiguous.

when she looks in to the Car's mirror, really set the ending for me.

Don't bother watching Paprika.

yea, I agree that Paprika is inferior to both Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress

Kon's magnum opus, he could never top it.

And he never will

;_;

>fixed magically
I feel like it wasn't though, it's kind of vague and makes you wonder how she's getting through her life now.

What's it with all the threads about this lately. Did one of those dumb youtubers made a video about it or something?

This is the first one I've seen, user. Maybe you're just noticing it now.

Probably.

Kon's movies are slowly becoming a sort of magnet or autistic shitheads who only specifically digests anime that appeals to their intellect or some shit. Perfect Blue is ambiguous enough and is filled to the brim with clever shots and direction that it's almost impossible to anime intellects to ignore it.

I would say give it a couple more years before people start to shit on Kon. All it takes is one autistic shitlord trying to stuff Kon movies down everyone else's throat.

I doubt most of Sup Forums has even seen any Kon films and I doubt future Sup Forums will either.

>All it takes is one autistic shitlord trying to stuff Kon movies down everyone else's throat.
Yeah that's how it usually happens huh. At least it's nearly impossible to waifufag Kon's stuff.

>At least it's nearly impossible to waifufag Kon's stuff.

I don't know what you talking about mate, Mima is a top-tier waifu. Shame no one else realized this and made more fan-art of her

Faggot, its still better than 95% of anime movies. Saying it's not worth watching is like saying the hateful eight isn't worth watching because django exists

Shitty ripoff of Black Swan

Weak b8

If you loved PB then go watch millennium actress immediately. I can guarantee you'll absolutely love it.

that was clearly a joke you retarded cellphone teen

No moe, no watch

this stuff is ruining anime by pretending to be something that you take seriously.

Millennium actress uses a lot of the same match cuts and stylistic framing devices, but it's very different.

>No moe, no watch
Retard.

Do yourself a favor and watch EVERYTHING that Satoshi Kon did.

>this new
>neo Sup Forums even gives recs

It's over

Watch it at Christmas

Sup Forums has always talking about Kon (at least since he died)

what are you on about?

you know nothing about moe

Shit, because Satoshi Kon is wannabe second hand Kubric. He doesnt have a single good movie.

Its always bad idea letting animators direct. His live action movies expose his shallow nature even more.

I've been spoiled the ending a few years back.
And it's so cliche it's unforgettable.
Is it still worth it?

The main reason Kon is so impressive was his understanding of the animated medium. Obviously there would be little of his style and ability visible in another one.
Stop treating animation the same as film, they are inherently different and process involved in their creation is also very different.

Good movie, but EXTREMELY overrated, just like everything Kon did.

PB > Paprika > MA > TG

I think I'd probably go Millennium Actress, Magnetic Rose, Perfect Blue as a very close top 3

Millennium Actress > Tokyo Godfathers > Perfect Blue > Paprika

>getting spoiled about the ending to Perfect Blue ruins the movie

No, it doesn't. You can know the fucking twist and still enjoy the movie. Unless you're going to be anal about it throughout the entire movie then yes, you just ruined your own experience.

How come some people think a movie is suddenly ruined for them when the ending is told to them? This is like telling someone Tom Hanks gets off the island in Cast Away and people assuming that the movie is ruined now because they now know Tom Hanks escapes the island.

Fun fact, people enjoy stories more if they are spoiled for them.

Does that not have to do with being able to spot foreshadowing and such, as you would when you re-watch it?

No. People just seem to rate stories higher if they have read short synopsis of the entire plot first.
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797611417007

>le creepy evil otaku XD
WOW so fucking deep
This is one of the heights of the medium

cutest fattie

Saw it in the cinema and thought it was great. That said its so intense I'm not sure I'd watch it again.

Ignore this faggot. Even if it's not as good as the others it's still great, and the visuals are worth it alone.