Life is meaningless

When you think about it, there really is no point in doing anything. Probably you will die at 70 or 80 or even before. If you die before your spouse, you die knowing you are leaving them in grief and sadness with no way to console them. Even if you're lucky enough to live to 100, it's still such a brief period, and it goes faster the older you get.

After you die, a few people will remember you. But they will die themselves too, and the memory of your existence will be gone forever. It's not as if future people will ever be interested in your life. You and all record of you will just fade away. Even if you were famous somehow that only means your name might live on a decade or two. If you try very very hard, you just might be able to make an impact on your time or even the near future. But what's the point? That, too, will pass. It's not as if your body will lie peacefully in a green field next to your spouse eternally. Even if you made a giant impact, soon enough the world will be hit by an asteroid, or a plague, massive climate change, or some other great disaster.

Even if we manage to avoid that, in a cosmic eyeblink, the Sun will die. Maybe we will have escaped the solar system by then, maybe not. It seems highly unlikely given the laws of this universe. But even if we escape to another solar system, eventually the universe itself will simply end. There will be nothing left, not even the information that we ever existed. Our whole spacetime will end, or at best, loop. And even if, by some amazing cross-dimensional magic, the "human race" (whatever it looks like by then) has survived and figures out how to teleport to another dimension, no one will have thought of you personally for a trillion years and never will again.

It seems that trying to do anything really meaningful is just a waste of time. Nothing you can do will ever change the final result. Not only will we be annihilated, but the information that our entire universe ever existed at all will be gone.

Can I have your things after you kill yourself?

those things will break
you will die

I bet you think this is a genuinely deep post.

Not before you though.

>a thread died for this meaningless thread

This is the natural and logical conclusion when you have a godless worldview.

It is not actually true. It's just your opinion, again based on your godless worldview.

Canucks never drop good loot.

>spouse

Do you even know where you are posting?

Someone needs to put le 0% face in that image.

That made my sides hurt, nice.

it doesnt matter what we think

it doesnt matter
you will die one day

every thread will die
just like every human that was born

we wouldnt suffer if there was an all powerful god

>life is meaningless
How did you get to that conclusion? We don't even know what "life" exactly is or who is alive, or it's purpose.
To see how long the tracks or where they end you must start from the beginning.

they wont hurt forever
because you will die

it doesnt matter
i will die

we will die

How do you know that? You might've seen other people die but you've never experienced death yourself. Injury is another thing that can bring us closer to death but it's not really death, it's a micro "death", like change, change is "death" when you think about it. Compare your child self to who you are now, it's like a whole another person, right? Because it is.

Change.

you are afraid of death and try to escape

stupid leaf...all you say is true. but that doesnt mean that i cant enjoy my short meaningless life. you sound like you are about 18yo. dont shit yourself over things like that, you will understand when you are older. best of luck

it doesnt matter
you will die

So will this thread, so why did you make it.

nothing else to do

You could always walk into the ocean and not waste everyone's time with your sophomoric bullshit.

walking is tiresome

>bullshit
this is your future
100% accuracy
you will die

Fear is the scythe of Death.

Death happens 50% because we want it to(from fear, or subconscious) and 50% from outside our grasp(random chance, stuff outside our current capabilities to dodge it)

Essentially Fear is the Mindkiller, you die in your mind you die in your body and vice versa.

Death is just the disease we all fall ill to so our immune system strengthens in an equilibrium of sorts.

Immortality is just the ability to go with the flow.

>If you die before your spouse, you die knowing you are leaving them in grief and sadness with no way to console them.
Just take them with you. That's what I'm about to do.

Uhh no sweety. Thats where you are like wrong.
You see, sweety, if you actually manage to find a mate, your actions have the potential to echo like, through out eternity.
Like, are you really this dimwitted that everything is like, about you? Like hello?
Wake the fuck up sweety, its 2018.

ok but it doesnt matter
we will die

ofc we will die, its horrible. i used to shit my pants to a point where i allmost got psychotic when i thought about death.
when you are older you will understand that you cant change it, but you can change how much you enjoy the short meaningless time you have on earth. and when you are lucky you will understand how astonishing and beautiful every second of your life can be.

no we wont
you are afraid of life

Yes. This is axiomatic. Literally every single sentient human on earth knows this on a fundamental level. It's up to you to figure out what matters. If you can't do so, you're mentally handicapped, not enlightened. Read a book, faggot.

life isnt beautiful

easy
nothing matters

>we will die
You're already dying, multiple times over. How? Change. You are not that same person 1 second ago because you've experienced something in your "life". You shed one skin and moved to the next. Do you notice it? No? Then how will you notice you've lost your physical body?

How can you die if you're constantly dead?

>you will die
Is this what you consider to be some profound revelation?
tough shit cupcake

Incorrect answer. Have fun being miserable.

This.
Just live, have fun and die.

That's not life, that's just venerating death.
Wouldn't it be more worth it to search for life?

Read Ecclesiastes.

>Incorrect answer.
we will die
nothing matters

we wont
everything matters

even if i did, i would die anyway

>everything matters
for a mentally ill person it does, until he dies ofc

So, anything add?

ment for pardon missclick

"Life sucks and then you die"
t. proverb

>it's a "15 year old thinks he's figured existence out" thread

Why do you concern yourself with matters that are out of reach to you and are therefore completely irrelevant?

people just die one time and stop existing

Congrats for you 16th birthday. Now kys or leave stop posting this basic bullshit

Nah it's just some guy poking around testing opinions.
Thinly veiled psyops, but could be just the daily shill thread

If you're an atheist, then that's pretty logical... as a Christian, I do plan to live forever.

15 or 85
everyone will die

Yes, everybody dies. But you don't have to be so miserable while you're alive. It's all in your head.

for a lucid person, forever ofc

my body would be stronger and healthier if i was 16 again

your all powerful god wanted that the french kill millions of innocent people?

it doesnt matter

No answer to that eh?

No, he did not.

*yawn*
god allows bad things to happen in order that we have a choice to come closer to him or not. If we were in heaven all the time what would be the point of existence

achieve virtual immortality by reproducing. how do you think thousands of years of civilization are passed along? We feel the soul of our ancestors in our soul

>forever
until he dies and stops existing

Replace your nihilism with nationalism

>and stop existing
Have you tested that theory? Observation is not always able to bear proper conclusions. Like I said earlier, we see that people "died" but were they ever alive in the first place?
Functionality =/= Awareness.
Viruses aren't alive for instance, yet they do stuff.
Also for observation not being enough: an animal giving birth vs giving birth to something yourself,

then your all knowing and all powerful god ignored the murder of innocent people
IF he exists

he never dies and stops existing

He did not ignored it. He will repair that, in due time.

Checkmate leaf

>leaf
spotted your problem

Not everyone is here to make a big impact or change the final result. The point of life is to live the best you can with the time you're given. Have fun, make the people you like happy, be the best person you can be, not to be remembered for decades, but rather live in the moment and make small impacts on the people that matter in your life, because that's the most anyone can do.

kek

>that's the most anyone can do
sure bud, whatever makes you feel better about your impotence

Pretty narrow-minded.

What you want to have a do is have children and then in the future they and they're children and grandchildren etc can figure out a way to bore a hole into a younger universe and find a habitable planet or two to populate in it.

I didn't say it matters, because it doesn't. It's your choice whether you will suffer or not. Your insistence on attributing (the lack of) meaning to things is itself meaningless. I'm not sure if you're a troll or a fool, but I'm leaning towards the former.
>inb4 it doesn't matter

We couldn't live if we couldn't suffer

>god allows bad things to happen in order that we have a choice to come closer to him or not.
so thats your "almighty" god?

>If we were in heaven all the time what would be the point of existence
but this is what will happen according to your god

you can be both
or neither
it doesnt matter
we will die

Life is a paradox, so you’re gay

your stupid stuff sounds like some religious magic bullshit

you are mentally ill

yes. when you raise a child, do you always force it to do the right thing? No sometimes you allow it to make mistakes or give it choices so it can learn for itself. When we make the choice to do good, it is much more meaningful. Without choice we are just animals or automatons. What almighty being would want that?

you are mentally ill

Reddit-tier philosophy.

Stop posting and just go kill yourself then. Speed up the process, do us all a favor.

What do you mean? Im just going with the flow of life, however harsh it may be, im not looking to make a big impact, just enjoying what i have while i can

So why attack how it sounds rather than rebuke it with arguments? Because you're dead. So I don't see how the "we're gonna die anyway" argument excuses you anymore.

>He did not ignored it.
he did (if he exists) and thats why millions of people died
you will die too
and there is no god to give you eternal life

If you're going to kill yourself do it already and stop trying to bring someone who could be useful with you.

how is this depro post Sup Forums related. go kys fucking druggy

it doesnt matter what we do
we will just die
healing people with cancer or raping your classmate in space, everyone will die and nothing we do matters

that's fine. Just don't assume that everyone is like you. Some of us are more ambitious, and will achieve our goal of being remembered for decades

life is suffering

my children will die
their children will die too

everything matters. imagine if our ancestors had been total hedonist assholes who gave 0 fucks. We'd still be living in primitive times.

He's not suicidal, just depressed and looking for excuses or hopefully is just pretending on purpose to get (You)s and slide threads by acting like that.

>It's your choice whether you will suffer or not
so the jew kid that got gassed in germany wanted to die a painful death?

then life is shit and meaningless at the same time

I didn't mean to come off as if everyone won't be remembered, you got me there. But best of luck to you and others striving to achieve greatness, my friend

>Without choice we are just animals or automatons.
everything is predetermined