Pre-2000s Sup Forumsnime Thread

Post what you've been watching/reading recently, and what you think, etc.

Gundam 08th MS team
Shiro and Eledore are major league douchebags.
I want to fuck Kiki.

what happened to that screenshot

Kiki's butt got in the way.

Finished Escaflowne. The shoujo side was pretty bad, but the mecha action was more than amzing.
Watching Master Keaton. It's pretty interesting. Too bad that it is episodic.
And started Fushigi yuugi. It's bad, but good at the same time. I don't have it in me, to drop that.

I finished Initial D's first season and can honestly say I enjoyed the Chinese live-action movie more even though it didn't have any eurobeat.

What a way to describe the art and art style in Medarot? Trying to look for shows with similar style

Sad.

Chibi? That art style reminds me of Windy Tales.

I'm watching Big O for the first time. It's alright, but the OP is terrible. I also don't plan on watching season 2 because I've never heard anything good about it.

Finished ZZ gundam. The fucking fandom lied to me. They said that it's a skipable comedy gundam. It was good. I like it just as much as Zeta. Good thing that I wanted to work on a super secret ZZ gundam project, or else I would have never watched it.

Welcome to the enlightened side. Here's your free Puru.

Just finished this.
Incredible.

;_;
OSCAAAAR!

Dezaki, you old dog.

Versailles convinced me to start Oniisama E and Aim for the Ace next.

I think some anons are encoding the BD release of Ace.

Repeating visuals in Dezaki productions
>birds
>pianos
>window shots
>dutch angles
>freeze frames
>pic related
Anything else?

there were bits of greatness, but the ending didnt make me feel anything

Was she in the wrong?

Everyone was in the wrong except for the shadow girls.

And Chuchu

Watched the Golgo 13 movie (The Professional) and I'm really torn about it. On one hand the story/characters were really weak but there were some really slick sequences visually. Plus it had some great 3DCG.

Sparkles, dramatic wind and extreme close-up shots.

>great 3DCG

Is this a joke?

Even Dezaki thought it was stupid.

Finally watched this, fucking amazing. Really "that" good.
But than I committed the error of watching Diebuster...
Well, whatever.

Watched the first movie yesterday (after Early Days). Now I'll resume the TV and wonder, what Goto really thinks about Shinobu? He gives that feeling that he likes her, but gave up her because their relationship would be full of problems.

Have you watched Patlabor Movie 2?

just finished this not to long ago really enjoyed it

>episodic
>a bad thing
Please kill yourself netflixfag

Oh my god

Yes, boring.

On episode 17 of Slayers Next. The monsters seem a bit repetitive and inconsistent in power levels but I can't get tired of all this humor and the facial reactions are probably my favorite part.

Do anime that start in the late 90's and finished in 2000 count?

If so then, *loud british voice* TURN A GUNDAM

Rewatching Orange Road after some odd years. I like the cozy atmosphere it has, not to mention the awesome music. Madoka's as cool as fuck.

I'm also watching Miyuki for the first time; It's up there as one of my favorites.

What's a good 70s anime?

3 volume manga turned into 39 episode anime?
This looks good, but it's actually good? I'm getting it "just in case" but 39 episodes, don't know...

It's literally a masterpiece.

yeah definitely. the 2000 cutoff is mainly because that's when cel died. people have talked about early 2000s cel anime in here and I've not seen any screeching.

Akage no Anne

Anne is my daughter.

i havent watched oniisama e yet but ace wo nerae is awesome. it sucks that theres only a few eps of s2 subbed and none of s3 or shin awn

I like that specific genre of anime based off western stuff. Heidi of the Alps, Anne of Green Gables, Jeanie with the light brown hair, etc.
There was even gonna be an anime version of Pippi Longstocking.

Yeah it's WMT.

I wish Astrid Lindgren wasn't such a tsun and cockblocked ghibli longstockings. Man what could have been.

Oh yeah, it was hilariously out of place and looked terrible

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Rei!

I didn't really like it because of how much comedy they were trying to use at the beginning so I dropped it. I should probably finish it some day.

Characters.

I dunno, that's kind of just typical shoujo character archetypes.

Lupin if you haven't already watched it.

Macross is a lot more comedy focused than I thought. Episode 17 was really good on how it showed the incoherent nature of dreams.

The plans for a Pippi adaption were laid in the very early 70's, when Takahata was primarily known for Hols, which was a financial failure, Miyazaki, while an influential animator, had yet to make his directorial debut, and anime in general was almost completely unknown in the west. On top of that, you had the earlier Moomin adaptions which Tove Jansson hated.
With all this in mind it makes perfect sense that Lindgren declined.

Why are Dezaki's female character designs so good?

There's something really hot about them that I can't quite put my finger on.

It's Sugino's art.

There needs to be a cute Yawara outfit compendium. If the BDs were already out I'd do it myself.

I really don't know why Saizen doesn't just rip the entire raw BD for us, it'd be much faster to time the old subs they did for the show onto the BD. Instead we're waiting 3 months for the next episode to be subbed. I want to die.

reading Gokusen

Started Galaxy Express 999, Tetsuro is something i never expected, killing your mother's killer the first fucking episode how come this kid is allowed to be a badass?
Also started Ai Shite Night, it's nice and easy to watch but what's the deal with Yakko having blonde hair in the OP and brown hair in the series?

Just finished Dominion Tank.

Thanks for uploading Ace wo nerae uncompressed, guy who uploaded Ace wo nerae uncompressed

what are you talkin about

where'd you find this shit uncompressed

This show reminds me that the seizure inducement of 90's anime isn't just a meme.

I know, I know.
And look how faithful the howl's adaption was. Still, it was a great movie so I dream of a ghibli longstocking looking at that early production art.
And please never watch the bland anime adaption they made after her death.

I should rewatch this. Damn if that isn't the closest we got in terms of adapting Shirow's character models.

Less than 5 hours to marathon both series.

Finished it this week, too fucking good.

What's up with the influx in RoV watchers?

I just finished watching El Hazard The Magnificent World and loved it. I thought the ending was good, but I see there is a sequel ova and tv series. Are the sequels any good or are they just cash grabs?

cash grabs
If you're gonna watch them, wait a while or you'll be dissappointed.
El Hazzard oav was great.
Just great.
>best english dub ever after giant robo

Finished the first episode, pleasant so far.

not him but I watched the dub for the first episode and it bothered me enough to switch to the jap audio even as a guy that usually likes dubs, is there something I was missing?

El Hazard's circular arc was just very satisfying in a way that most anime can't scratch. Like the other user said, give it maybe half a year and cheap out the second OVA, then you can Wanderers and Alternate World whenever. Wanders is to El Hazard as Universe is to Tenchi.

I'm still working through Rune Soldier Louie. It's really nothing special, not the kind of the thing that people would point back to when talking about the wealth of fantasy anime, like they would with El Hazard.

I've been trying to rewatch this but kiss is just not cooperating with me at all

I'm 90% sure that Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair isn't real WMT. WMT-likes? The adaption of Emily of the New Moon (by the same author as Anne of Green Gables) isn't actual actual WMT either.

We should make a list of WMT-likes.

Jeanie With The Light Brown Hair (1993) 52 episodes
Anime Sanjuushi - The Three Musketeers (1987) 52 episodes
Anime Himitsu no Hanazono - The Secret Garden (1991) 39 episodes
Kaze no Shoujo Emily - Emily of the New Moon (2007) 26 episodes
Watashi to Watashi: Futari no Lotte - Parent Trap/Lottie and Lisa (1991) 29 episodes
Ochame na Futago: Claire Gakuin Monogatari - St. Clare's (1991) 26 episodes
Sougen no Shoujo Laura - Little House on the Prairie (1975) 26 episodes
Jungle Book: Shounen Mowgli (1989) 52 episodes
Oz no Mahoutsukai - Wizard of Oz (1986) 52 episodes
Cinderella Monogatari (1996) 26 episodes
Shirayuki Hime no Densetsu - Legend of Snow White (1994) 52 episodes
Robin Hood no Daibouken (1990) 52 episodes
Kaiketsu Zorro (1996) 52 episodes

>kiss
Don't ever reply to me again.

Why, its not on any streaming platform. The first time I watched it on freaking hulu

Rewatched Sorcerer Hunters.
Still so trashy.
Yet I still loved every stupid moment of it.

>its not on any streaming platform
Literally what? Yes it is.

You should add:
>*cry screeching*
to that last last panel.

>streaming
You should just kill yourself, fucking retard.

It's hard to find anime with that sort of pacing and atmosphere. Spirit of Wonder is fairly similar, at least in the first episode.

Been watching Cowboy Bebop for the first time and it's fucking great. Should I watch the movie too after I'm done?

yep it's great

Ah yes Leona is still adorable.

And I'm just nearly done with Urusei Yatsura, just have some movies and OVAs left, even read the manga.
God, I loved it. It's one of my favorites of all time, now.

Is there anywhere that keep track of currently releasing subs for older anime?

I would just check nyaa but anything older just gets floods with recodes and new anime.

I know that I can check anidb to see what has been subbed, but is then I just have to periodically check to see if shows I'm interested have been subbed.

I don't think so, I just have all the websites bookmarked and check manually.