ATTENTION RUSKIES - I HAVE A QUESTION

Have any of you ever lived in a Khrushchyovka? (pic related)
It seems like the only type of housing I see when I street view anywhere in Russia other than Moscow. They always look like they are going to collapse, especially the little balcony things on the sides.
Where are all the neighborhoods with houses? I also notice no one really mows the grass anywhere unless it is a business. Where are the best places to live?

houses are classist comrade, so are above zero temperatures.

Such a beautiful place!

That looks comfy as fuck to be honest.

Yeah it's weird how there are kinds of comfy like that. Kind of like kowloon. Just a simple life.

So are below ground sewage pipes too I guess. Maybe those aren't sewage pipes, but I've seen some that are leaking poop water on street view and they go above the road. I guess they just drove/walked underneath and got poop all over everything.

They were probably fine back when they were built. So many look like they haven't been maintained in decades though. I think there were shared bathrooms.

What Russian cities look most like this? Any Russian anons care to respond?

Russian of pol live only in Rublyovka

Nice mansions there

A lot of them were painted after being built and used to look decent; you're right about the lack of maintenance. Concrete also ages terribly in terms of appearance. Some of them did have shared bathrooms, but that really depends on when and where they were built. Some were decent in the better neighborhoods (the one I lived in was very nice, better then the garbage I got in Canada) but others were complete garbage with no electricity or toilet. I knew a man in Romania who's Khrushchyovka had no heating, plumbing, or lighting.
I'm an old Ukrainian, moved after Soviet collapse thanks to Jew friends in Israel giving money.

Rusfag here

My grandmother live in one, it's ugly from the outside but cozy from the inside. Also solid as fuck, a fire started in an apartment but it barely burned anything as most walls are pure concrete. Heating is good, and isolation too. Only problem is the elevator that always makes shady sounds, makes me afraid to use it sometimes.

Thanks for the reply. This stuff really interests me. Was it rare for someone to live in a house instead of an apartment? I rarely see any houses when using google earth to street view around cities. I'm guessing they are all in Moscow and maybe out in the rural villages? Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong cities.

>elevator that always makes shady sounds, makes me afraid to use it sometimes.
kek
do most have elevators?

Most single houses are out of town, or in the peripheral parts. Many people have a summer house in the outskirts too, called a dacha. Grandparents used to stay at the dacha on weekends and holidays, and go back to the commie block for work/school.

Those 5 floors and over at least. No way all those babushkas are taking the stairs with their grocery bag.

I think like 50% of total population of Russia still live in something like this. And after they get demolished construction companies built another commieblock but this time ten times taller and made mostly from concrete and glass.
Fun fact, in 1970s Moscow had more elevators than Chicago. Because even five-story commieblock have elevator.

This user is right. Most people in cities lived in Khrushchyovkas but dachas were common. The vast majority of detached houses were built pre-WWII. Khrushchyovkas were build as a quick way of providing mass housing after many cities were destroyed by the war and to accommodate growing population from industrialization. My uncle had a detached house in Moscow, but that is because he was a well known engineer.

>dacha
Oh damn, I haven't heard of these before. This is what I was looking for - a regular Russian house. These look super comfy and have character.

Now we're talkin, these are nice

And if you don't believe, here some modern residential complex in Moscow.

HAHA holy moly look at the size of that. That's a damn fortress.