ITT post books you consider necessary to read

Besides the books on this list, what other books do you consider necessary for the patrician man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3cOAPMC7-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too many philosophy books. They're gay and boring.

okay Tyrone

The Iliad
Paradise lost

I've read the Iliad. If you haven't read the Homeric epics and Vergil's Aeneid, you have no right to speak on any literature.
I've read excerpts of Paradise Lost, but do intend to finish it after all the books I'm reading right now

Novels are infinitely better at conveying philosophy than pure philosophy treatises. Tolstoy and Dostoevsky teach us more about the nature of society and mankind than some wigged-up fag jerking himself off for 400 pages about vague concepts.

>the new testament

No thanks, I got a pope for that shit.

>159874121

not being able to read and understand pure philosophy is the true sign of a brainlet

This, but unironically

Reading books are for geeks. gtfo loser
if you need to read the read trumps art of the deal

I can read it and understand it just fine. That's not what I said in my post. I said it's not as effective as a novel. This is my opinion after reading thousands of books.

Read the world around you first, then move to books.

why do mutt brainlets hate books so much?

>Brainlet spotted

To each their own. I personally think a pure philosophy book is more straightforward, and easy to read. I understand this is not the case for most people though.

It can be true in some cases. I enjoy both equally; there is a more poetic quality to novels however that may help it resonate more with the reader's mind.

>reading college freshman level philosophy books makes me a genius

Does anyone else listen to audio books? or is that a waste of time?

>Not posting Part 2
>No Men Among Among the Ruins

If that's how you enjoy taking in ideas and information, it's definitely better than nothing. Give me some recommendations. I love a good audiobook during a run.

I use them for some books, such as the Iliad. In that case, I did it in order to simulate a reading experience similar to how the ancient Greeks would have experienced it, listening to the story as part of an oral tradition rather than just a text.

On shortness of life - Seneca.
Gnosis - Mouravieff (this one is for the christians out there)

Look, we can jack each other off with lists all day, but the big five are:

The Bible
Summa Theologica
Aristotle's Metaphysics
Plato's Theaetetuts
The Divine Comedy.

Obviously ALL of the Western Canon is important, but those five have had more influence than any others.

>inb4 "but muh [insert book] had massive influence 2!!!1! "

Never said it didn't.

The Law by Bastiat - a foundation of right wing concepts

YEA!
Another movie/book list.
Keep em' coming OP. 6 of these every fucking day isn't enough!
You epic fucking faggot.

Stop making our country look retarded and pozzed asshole! If you're going to make an abhorrent post like that, at least have the common fucking courtesy to change your flag. Fucking idiot.

The Human Sum - about the happiness of an optimal population, avail on archive.org
Unintended Consequences by John Ross - superb historical fiction, a must for all burgers

listening to The lightning and the sun by Savitri Devi at the moment.

>Not reading philosophy at all is better than literally anything

Read anything and everything you can get your hands on by Rene Girard. He has written the books that are forgotten today but will be talked about in centuries to come.

Movies i'd include would be :

Ghost Dad
Mission Impossible 2
Shrek The Third

any titles you would recommend starting on with him?

This time the world - Rockwell

Owell's meme books are not "fundamental", and certainly not necessary (except perhaps to more fully enjoy a chuckle when anybody references them in a serious discussion).

>Flag
Checks out. Fuckin' Strailyans man.

The problem is people have a meme-tier understanding of his works.
Beyond buzzwords like "muh newspeak", no one using them in modern discussion actually understands them.

"The Scapegoat"
"Things Hidden Since the Foundation of the World"
"Violence and the Sacred"

I'm somewhat surprised Fate of Empires doesn't appear somewhere on these lists.

Crime and punishment, and the first version of "the world as will and representation" have had the greatest influence on my beliefs. Both were enjoyable reads too

>Learning is bad
I'm sure you meant to post this in a blacked thread

consider suicide
reading is fucking stupid and make us look like nerds

>(you)

The Bonfire of the Vanities, by Tom Wolfe.

EdwardBernays - Propaganda

Edward Bernays was the nephew of Siegmund Freud, he is one of the most influential shadowfigures of the 20th century. His book would later set the blueprint for Goebbels propaganda campaign.
After WWII he renamed Propaganda to Public relations.

Myth of the Twentieth Century and Savitri Devi's books should be Sup Forumscore, but really you can get all the ideas from aryanism.net condensed down.
youtube.com/watch?v=l3cOAPMC7-8

>he has to read philosophy instead of communing directly with Sophia

I tried reading Evola's Ride the Tiger and realised I am just a brainlet. What I could understand, I lapped up. Most of the time I was just thinking I should have payed more attention in philosophy class.

This is how I felt at the end of reading it.

>tier 1: the wealth of nations
did you actually read this book or you just thought the book cover looked nice in your list?

I didn't make the list user

There is only one. You don't need any other books.

Probably the best book I've read. 10/10, would recommend.

Literally "Excuses: the book".

Agreed. It's way too heavy of a read for a beginner and arguably so is The Republic.

I'm reading Republic right now, it isn't bad, just long. But I'm not new to Plato or philosophy. Would recommend you read some of Plato's more accessible work, like Protagoras, first.