INUYASHIKI

anyone read/reading this?

No, but it looks interesting.

author of Gantz if thats worth anything.

I have a trip next week, migth read it if im not the one driving.

might ckeck it out

It's actually really good, but not many people read it because the author fucked up in two ways; one being that he made the cover an old man. The other being that he also made Gantz

Stories about old dudes do seem to have a lot more appeal in the West than they do in Japan.

I admit that I just picked it up today /because/ at least a big part of the story features an older guy.

>Really good
I dunno about that, the edgelord is such a shit villain I can't in good faith recommend this to anyone, simply because of that.

anime next season i think

actually i found it really interesting, the hero and the villian have the same powers but one became a hero due to his maturity and morality even if his life was shit before he got his powers, the other became an edgelord because he was a teenager that couldnt take anything serius and didnt care about the outcome of his actions.

Well yeah, that much is obvious. However, if I wanted to see edgy teenagers I'd just walk 20 meters to the local schoolgrounds. That shit just isn't interesting nor engaging for me, he doesn't have any compelling motive nor cause whatsoever. He doesn't even do anything interesting, he just shoots whomever slights him or at random.

He simply doesn't have anything interesting to tell, in every chapter he's the focus on I just keep finding myself skipping the whole thing because you can tell almost everything he's going to do in whatever situation he happens to be on.

We need more old man MCs.

I agree.

That said - I loved the direction that this manga seemed to be headed in the first ~half (?) because it seemed like Oku wanted it to be an extremely heavy, pragmatic work about the good and the bad of the world, but all the nonsense about Shishigami and the robot battle and the meteor took away all the weight of the series up to that point.

i can't get past the bad translations. a lot of parts are almost unintelligible. or has another group re-translated the whole thing?

Is it still worth reading?
I dropped it after donald trump declares lawlessness because of the apocalypse

You could just try the official scans. Those are probably getting ripped.

So you dropped it because you have time travel powers? What does that have to do with the manga?

dropped it, got bored

>What does that have to do with the manga?
That literally happens in the manga.

It was a joke

Thanks op, this thread reminded me to catch up

>reading

Read, you mean. The manga is over already.

It's quite literally Edge: The Manga but it's not bad, decent 7/10.
And it's getting an adaptation in fall season, can't wait for the secondaries to retroactively fuck everything up about this.

No, it's not, you fucking stupid motherfucking piece of shit. Kill yourself for deliberately spreading misinformation and for trolling.

Inuyashiki isn't edgy lol, it's pretty genuine about its gore

Kept up with it so far.
Became pretty shit though.

This entire last arc was such a gigantic asspull that I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Whatever happened to those aliens anyways?