When and why did dress codes die and it became acceptable to dress like a bum at work?

When and why did dress codes die and it became acceptable to dress like a bum at work?

Explain to me how dress code is relevant to engineering work outside of EH&S/contamination control.

The same time college dress codes died

Which was the same time highschool dress codes died

Which was the same time the degeneracy started kicking in.

All these things are precursors. Welcome to your redpills

Just let it all die user.

wow

hi

reddit

wearing a tie wont make you any better at engineering

this lol just let the nerds be comfy

dude on the right looks like he has a mean deadlift

>When you're so retarded and insecure that you have to insult people that build rockets in some way. stay anglo, anglo

(Reddit spacing intensifies)

That dosen't make any sense

Let them be. I work at one of those offices that try to be google. You know the drill. Hey, dress like shit and just chill on a beanbag chair while you code, brodude.

Anyhow, when you walk in, decently in shape, fitted shirt and dress pants... it's like shooting pussy in a barrel. Also HR GIRLS ARE SLUTS. ALWAYS.

i dont want the nerds who make and design the rockets to be concerned with anything but the math, lest one of those things falls out of the sky and kills someone, worrying about clothing style is for women and faggots.

Jesus Christ le 56 percent. Please don't let these guys be american

Only brainlets care what people think

Well what did kek mean by this? You have to go back.

>all white males
*returns tesla roadster*

When employers started treating their employees like interchangeable cogs with no job security, no pensions and pay suppressed by 3rd world immigration (for which they lobby)?

I have a feeling this was always the case for many of these nerds, and what happened was merely that some of them became bosses and started spreading their relaxed manners to everyone. Programmers are famously lazy (which can be put to good use if they are able to automatize things instead of doing it themselves).

As an Electrical Engineer who wants 90% of the engineering population to be exterminated for their lack of values it really speaks volumes in the way they dress.

I always wear (pic related), by the way Engineers nowadays are the most autistic, anti-humanity espousing, pathetic excuses of "intelligent" beings. Gas autists in high positions of power.

Three of them are fuckable.

Right around the time that we decided to value people based on the value of their output vs a store-bought standard of appearance.
I buy Prada, therefore you must envy me, n'est pas?

Yea well when you become a rocket scientist I guess you can wear whatever you like. Until then you'd best probably just stfu.

Why should I have to dress up when i can just wear whatevwr? Its the same job. I personally worl grom home and at 35 still have no .how to tie a tie, I dont own a.belt and I rotate between 10-12 diff sweat or pajama pants when I gp out with my wofe and kids.
Dressing up is pointless

Thats the future of our space program

>Quads of truth
If someone is an office slave, that is another thing.

The same time that pride in their work died and everything went to shit.

im in college for electrical engineering, tell me friend hows the field?

>When and why did dress codes die and it became acceptable to dress like a bum at work?

When managers realised that the output of their workers was more important than antiquated ideas of what is the 'proper' way to dress.

I bet you're one of those faggots that still thinks they have to wear underpants.

Pretty good (graduated 2 years ago), work at a power distribution center.
What are you learning?

oh look, 'reddit spacing' years before reddit was even invented.

>you're a newfag, and your forced memes are shitty.

>When and why did dress codes die and it became acceptable to dress like a bum at work?

Maybe you should fucking pay them enough that they don't need to buy their clothes from 2nd hard stores?

Boomers. The generation that never grew up. In addition to the Boomer middle class have honed dressing like adolescent slobs down to an artform, they refer to you as "man" and cuss in every other sentence despite being three times your senior.

They are a generational fecal smear which we are only now at the cusp of being able to measure the destructiveness of as we observe these smoking, brown husks of first world countries around us.

There is a dress code at my work and I actually like it. Business casual and 5 days a week, I get to look pretty great. I can look like a bum on the weekends and it's more comfortable, but if you're wearing clothes that make you look good, it's not a problem. Also, men's dress slacks are comfy as fuck.

As much as i agree with your post
>June 23, 2005; 12 years ago,[1] Reddit founding

>no cargo pants

please turn in your nerd and engineering cards at the front desk when you leave

Plebit has been around since 2005
Nice try plebit

Since the bum was genius you facking noobe.

Why the fuck should people be expected to wear stiff, uncomfortable suits at work for absolutely no logical reason?

Retard.

This.
Le reddit spacing meme is cringe af.
>paragraphs hurrrrrrrr
You just make yourself look like a retard.

>he thinks spacex doesn't pay well

Seeing someone autistically screeching about Reddit spacing is the best way to spot a reddit transplant. I mean, how the fuck do you even know what reddit spacing is if you never been there?

All the bugmen at my job dress business casual

>dressing like a man-child ever
Hmm, I wonder who i'd want representing my country...
A queer soyboy with the mentality of one or a man who sees the future bright as the stars he wants to reach. I know where i'm grounded, i know my history and i know who i want to emulate.

Yeah Lars, I know mommy isn't around to iron your shirts for you anymore, but keep telling yourself you roll out of bed in a t-shirt and gym shorts every day because you're so "logical" and such an individualist.

> Dress like everyone else
> implies someone else is a drone

>anti-humanity espousing
what?

What's so wrong about dressing like this?

> Be me, white collar science user
> Wear a tie to work every day
> Get notated on my performance report that I'm overdressed

What do?

>he derives his masculinity from the way he dresses

Imagine being this insecure

Keep doing stupid, pointless shit for no reason, Tyrone.

Why should they? You can wear anything and still do the same jo

Muh VR
muh technology is always the best thing
muh God isn't real
muh i hope AI becomes real and we live forever

I'm sick of what's happened to Engineering, it's becoming bastardized.

t. you

dont wear a tie unless you are making a presentation to superiors or at a formal business event

What's so wrong with looking exactly like everyone else for no good fucking reason whatsoever?

You want a dress code? Join the military. Otherwise, fuck off with this retarded bullshit.

Because they're smart enough to not give a fuck

It's sad about 60% of people on Sup Forums think this way. I had to check I didn't accidentally post this on Sup Forums. I know this site is a pillar of degenerate manchildren but I thought this board that's always talking about the superiority of culture over degenerate nature would understand the importance of respecting your appearance and your society.

I knew there were more people LARPing as cultured here than people who really did think and act this way.

> muh God and Jesus
Grow the fuck up

It's about the image you wish to convey and your physical display is an expression of your internal manifestation. I bet you this guy on video is a leftist right? It's because that's how these abominations dress. You know what they stand for just by their appearance hence the rightful "stereotype" of SJW Hair, clothing, etc...

>he thinks spacex doesn't pay well

The vacuum train project is literally crowdsourced to college kids who receive no money for their efforts

Yes, not giving a fuck about anything is a great way to get a healthy society. Go be culturally marxist on plebbit.

Since people realized it's more important that people are happy & comfortable than buttoned up & stuffy because they produce better that way.

Tard.

the good thing is that your kind don't breed so you always end up losing. Kill yourself and speed up the process.

> I am proud to be a boring asshole who wants to make other people do what I like
Its like all of British psychology espoused in one post

Why do you care?

I blame boomers and gen X, but mainly boomers.

Boomers didn't want to be called "Mr. Boomer" because "haha Mr. Boomer is my father! Call me Fuckwad". They didn't to wear suits and ties at work, so they just wore collared shirts and slacks. Then you get rebellious butthurt Gen X who want to wear dirty jeans and t-shirts to work and now here we are.

Fuck all that. I dress nicely and insist on being called sir or by my last name. I call other people by their last names until they insist on their first name. I have a firm handshake. And guess what, all the old faggots in charge have put me on the fast track to upper management because it's clear I give a shit and I give a shit about professionalism.

t.tips fedora

You're as much of an autismo as your other engicuck brethrens, but you manage to be awfully obnoxious for no good reason
You wear a shirt and a tie, we get it, shut your piehole now

Image is meaningless. The qork is what matters and your perceptions of thibgs are just that.
Woth no one caring anymore what others wear I dpnt see the issue.
Where do you think non believers come from? They leave the church and thats exactly what you are seeing all across the west:People fleeing Christianity. Why do you think the catholic church shills for immigrants? They need that revenue because whites have stopped going.

Thanks fellow Anglo with standards, lots of soyboys in this thread.

Dress codes are outdated. I view them as a means to control the workers. Modern companies want your brain not your khakis. However if they are dealing with the general public then a dress code should be in place. I do not think ties should ever be something required.

ding ding ding

I have standards and I wish to uphold them, i'd do good if you apply that mindset to your capital.

If I WERE BUILIDING A ROCKET ID DO IT IN A SUIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

go build your own then faggot

this.

Nobody seems to realize that dressing like a fucking slob displays that you have shit values.

If you see someone with a tie on you're more likely to listen to them and they're more likely to be productive.

If you see someone with cargo shorts and a faggy graphic tee on they're probably a fucking faggot and don't even know the 14 words.

Coming up in my career I felt like a real fancy man wearing suits and weekly business trips.
I now at am in a point where I don't have to travel and present to clients in jeans and a blazer.
(((suits))) are a scam

The problem is that you want to force your standards onto others. You should be free to dress however but so should others.
What dont you get about this?

okay faggot im in college to be an electrical engineer, in 50 words or less i want you to explain to me how dressing like some corporate kike will make me better at my job

>take pride in your appearance
>take pride in your work

>Image is meaningless.
Apply this to the arts and you suddenly you attack it for being culturally marxist but apply that to humans and suddenly it's me being an asshole for pointing out a truth.
I never once denied that the church has been subverted.

Exactly.

what about a track suit?

We've gotta be counted if we want to purge them.

>I buy Prada, therefore you must envy me, n'est pas?

I have never bought something from a designer store in my entire life and am constantly complimented on my style. I shop barely 4 times a year. Just develop a sense of what looks good on you and fucking apply it.

>I blame boomers and gen X, but mainly boomers.
>Boomers didn't want to be called "Mr. Boomer" because "haha Mr. Boomer is my father! Call me Fuckwad". They didn't to wear suits and ties at work, so they just wore collared shirts and slacks. Then you get rebellious butthurt Gen X who want to wear dirty jeans and t-shirts to work and now here we are.
>Fuck all that. I dress nicely and insist on being called sir or by my last name. I call other people by their last names until they insist on their first name. I have a firm handshake. And guess what, all the old faggots in charge have put me on the fast track to upper management because it's clear I give a shit and I give a shit about professionalism.
I don't know where the fuck you get your information from you retarded faggot but most of the jobs I've worked at required you to follow a dress code or wear a uniform. When I was doing surveillance IT I had to wear fucking tactical pants and a rayon polo.

Does pol shadowban?!

I swear I've been posting several things and usually I get a reply 1 out of 10. I'm not being a butthurt fag, I'm legitimately wondering if pol shadowbans.

pic not related

no

>how the fuck do you even know what reddit spacing is if you never been there?
someone accuses you of reddit spacing and so you look at what you originally wrote and determine that having a space between each fucking sentence is what the guy is referring to when he accuses you of reddit spacing you fucking brainlet

People like you are why we have genocides

You actually have to connect those two, not just state it.

Don't worry he scampered off when he couldn't refute me.

>*tips fedora

Here's a free (you).
90% of conversations you see here are bot vs. bot or shill vs. controlled opposition. Protip: If its about a person (e-celeb) or some stale pasta that collects nearly the same responses every time (e.g. "ban all guns now"), it is a shill/bot thread designed to look like a legitimate conversion for the purpose of data mining/training an AI against responses its received previously.

I've seen similar dress-code related threads before, though for me the jury is still out on whether or not they're shills.

Humans are not works of art.Not an argument
Why not go fuck off somewhere that forces you to wear a uniform, like North Korea? Its called freedom. If you dont like it just be an adult and ignore it because it isnt your business. Stay in your lane, your pearl clutching bitch.

because I actually fucking work outside for a living. I'm not going to wear some fucking suit out in the bush I'm going to wear a good solid pair of boots comfy but sturdy pair of pants and a jacket if it's cold. Yeah I don't look fucking fancy but it's not exactly the top of ones priorities when you're out in the bush

But Reddit has only been relevant since 10 years ago, and only made it into Sup Forums threads like 7 years ago

Wow they dressed up for a photo

Things like ties can get caught in machinery guarantee nobody wore them even back then while working except in an office job

Hell I don't even mind suits but ties are an absolutely fucking stupid idea that should be replaced

High waisted anything is just awful
It's uncomfortable to wear and it looks terrible, otherwise business casual is actually my preferred style
But I'm autistic and a farmer so it's whatever

Nothing wrong with a decent polo shirt and khakis. I hate fussing with dress shirts & ties unless I need to be presentable. I find formal clothing uncomfortable, regardless of who makes them. Especially because of the crotch area in dress pants, it always folds up when I sit and looks like a tent, or sticks to my junk like static wrap. I have to wear jet black, 2 sizes larger than required, or I'll get slapped with sexual harassment warnings.

people from the 1700s would probably say the same shit about the modern suit