Ok decided to rewatch DBZ because I watched it as a kid and don't remember shit...

Ok decided to rewatch DBZ because I watched it as a kid and don't remember shit. Already watched DB not too long ago so I am good on that.

So Do I was DBZ or DBZ Kai? Which one will give me the proper experience? Sub or Dub?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w0ZTP0AB768
youtube.com/watch?v=ORNrJ0y-zYA
youtube.com/watch?v=-WqYMCqUAv8
youtube.com/watch?v=eKfHdDsWugU
youtube.com/watch?v=eRJYbvW_6xk
youtube.com/watch?v=pHp8h0pl_dE
youtube.com/watch?v=bo37377GB5M
youtube.com/watch?v=6P2tjBBRvk8
youtube.com/watch?v=aWJMVo8ECsM)
youtube.com/watch?v=nP7R0MOAsnk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ewzi45xuuzU
youtube.com/watch?v=XebyKpo6A9s
youtu.be/BffZ0vjMH2I
youtu.be/j7usGwSYKO0
youtube.com/watch?v=aYTUVp2mHC8
youtube.com/watch?v=xO_nV8Wk-8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>even mentioning the dub
GET

Might be a good idea for maximum childhood nostalgia idk.

Read the manga.

Read it.

Dub DBZ for the real experience

Z sub or Kai

I don't hate the Faulconer score but Z's dub is very bad.

the manga is the best way to experience Dragonball, but I will admit the original DB anime is slightly superior in story.

If you've already seen it once, you might as well watch Kai.

>IT'S OVER NIIIIIIIIINEEEEEE THOOOOOOUUUUUSAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watch my little pony or powerpuff girls instead, they are much better than this piece of shit cancer that refuses to die

Well if you must know last year I watched about 800 episodes of Pokemon dub in the span of 1 month. I am a glutton for punishment

Pokemon dub's first 200 or so episodes are anime gold

Sub with dub Goku.

go back to your waifu threads faggot.

go back to your containment thread faggot

Kai, sub or dub is your choice. I prefer dub since most of the voices are the ones I grew up with but overall sub or dub isn't that big a deal in Kai. Kai is for the most part the best way to relive Dragon Ball Z. It has some issues but overall improves a lot.

>watch jew propaganda so you want to become a tranny girl

no thanks shlomo

ironically mlp and ppg have plenty in common with your waifu shit

Watch Kai

Z:
>Tons of non-canon filler added in by Toei
>Faulconer soundtrack (weird atmospheric space music)
>Characters are portrayed differently from the rest of Dragon Ball material (specifically Goku). In some cases it's "better" but it was really just Toei's headcanon at the time.

Kai:
>All of the filler cut out so that it more closely matches the Manga
>There are actually two soundtracks out there. The first one is generally considered better but it was later discovered that the dude plagiarized a ton of stuff in all of his work (not just Dragon Ball) so Toei got rid of it. The second soundtrack is not as good but is composed along similar lines. Both are better than Faulconer.
>Characters portrayed more closely to canon.

As far as Sub vs Dub, it depends. The dub is weird as fuck to get used to at first
>Why does Goku sound like an old lady??
but once you get used to it it's pretty natural. Also, it makes it easier to stomach anything else Dragon Ball (eg. Dragon Ball Super). That said, the Dub was also pretty well done so it isn't a bad choice either.

All this said, I stopped watching Kai after the Namek Saga (too busy with life and never came back to it), I've heard the quality drops off afterwards during the next arcs (though this is true of Z as well).

His face when he's told the only cure for balding and how many times he'll need treatment.

grandma Goku is kind of like sipping beer for the first time. You only get it after a few more drinks.

Both are terrible and only praised by people who devolope Stockholm syndrome to it or want to fit in.
Almost any dub is better than granny goku, being japanese doesn't mean it's good by default.
>but muh original
Original also doesn't mean better in every instance.
If we're going to use off topic examples
Original gameboy advance

Kai dub is good
Kai sub is also good

Well I guess I am going with Kai for not dealing with filler. And the dub for muh childhood feels. Thanks Sup Forumsutists.

Did you watch DB in Jap with subs or in Eng dub?
If you did, continue with DBZ in Japanese SUBS just for the amazing Kikuchi score.
youtube.com/watch?v=w0ZTP0AB768

Honestly even if I didn't like Goku/Gohan's japanese acting, I'd still take a series with a few bad performances to one where everyone is clearly inexperienced and awkward with a terrible script.

The dubs do have some pretty hilarious moments though. youtube.com/watch?v=ORNrJ0y-zYA

Watch Abridged. It's better than any of the other english dubs.

I'm pretty sure user wants to finish it sometime this decade though

Dub > Sub you virgin neckbeard

Frieza has a sexy sexy sexy voice in the dub I hope you enjoy your gayboners

If you absolutely have to watch it dubbed, go with Kai. Otherwise the original show is the superior experience despite all the fluff and filler.

>All of the filler cut out so that it more closely matches the Manga

DBZ Kai still has plenty of filler, though?

Kai condenses 291 episodes down to just over 150 (a bit more if you count the international version of the Kai Buu arc)

The point is, Kai still has filler. That isn't a bad thing.

There is a project on the kanzenshuu forums which is cutting out any and all filler found in the Dragon Ball shows if that piques your interest.

There is some filler in Kai but it helps the pacing more than anything else. The original series had hours worth of pointless shit that never goes anywhere.

Too bad kai left out the best filler in the series. It's a damn shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=-WqYMCqUAv8
youtube.com/watch?v=eKfHdDsWugU

>Sub goku acts like goku but does'nt "sound" like goku
>bud goku doesn't act like goku but "sounds" like goku

And by does'nt "sound" I mean dub goku sounds like a granny, because he's voiced by a grann, I can't imagine anyone reading the manga before hand and thinking goku would sound like that, especially as an adult.

Which dub? Kai is more accurate to the manga, but the original would be more accurate for your childhood experience. If it's strictly for getting a wraparound of Z in general, then the manga is the definitive source.

I like how dubfags centralize their thoughts on just their preferred Goku instead of looking at the bigger picture, like the cringeworthy acting and script that injects unfitting nonsense wherever.
youtube.com/watch?v=eRJYbvW_6xk

>actually wanting to hear old hag goku as three separate characters
Die in a fire, user-kun

Remember me, kiddos?

Read the manga instead of dealing with how long and drawn out everything is

They didn't really like it at all. It's kind of the reason DBZ did so well.
Goku was not really on screen much or in the scene often.
It's also one of the reasons the Son kids are hated as adults and kids.

Original DBZ has better music and nostalgia value, but a shit-ton of filler. Kai trims out literally 100 episodes worth of filler from the original 260 episode length of DBZ without any story being lost, AND has remastered visuals.

I say go with Kai if you remember so little about the original series. Nostalgia is the only reason to watch the original over Kai.

Sub or dub is up to you. A lot of people who pick the dub do so because of Goku's voice in the sub.

>Decided to binge watch every Pokemon episode in preparation for S/M
>Endured beginning OG's lack of structure
>Endured Orange Island filler
>Endured Johto Journey's 50 episode filler marathons
>Get to episode 420
>youtube.com/watch?v=pHp8h0pl_dE
>MFW

This

The manga has the same story without the filler

She wasn't sixty yet by the time the original series ended. She still had it back then. Watching OG subs is acceptable. Watching Kai that way is questionable. Watching OG dubbed is only acceptable for nostalgia's sake. Kai dub sounds the way your nostalgia makes you remember the original dub sounding, so it's a huge improvement. Though it lacks some of the cheekier dialogue.

>Though it lacks some of the cheekier dialogue.

I'm glad they brought it back in Super.

>Yeah let's go see Yamcha
>No Vegeta-ing of any kind
>Super Saiyan Please

That shit is literally fanfic tier, and not even good fanfic tier it's like the most incredibly inane fanfic written by an autistic person. This shit probably gave the entire animation team an existential and midlife crisis all at once.

For real, man. What are you doing with your life?

Even the abridged creators themselves know that isn't true. In fact most of them are just imitating the dub voices.

Super's dub is legitimately making me enjoy the show way more.

Since we're talking about dubs, what is the best dub for the DBZ movies and why is it the Malaysian dubs?

youtube.com/watch?v=bo37377GB5M

Also, who else thinks Kuririn sounds like fucking BMO from Adventure Time?

I know it's fun to shit on those guys for their dumber practices but a lot of them do great work. Even the Goku voice sounds very similar to the Ocean dub one. You're completely correct in saying that people who claim it to be better than the normal dub are full of it though. They have the benefit of not having a set release schedule and being able to make as many edits to the pacing of certain scenes as they want. At least the English dub is fucking complete. Much of what makes their material good is that it's still Dragonball when all's said and done, and the more extreme characterization changes are reserved for minor roles.

That being said, their Android 18 is legitimately better than the Funi dub one. Chi Chi and 16 are probably the most spot on with their Funimation counterparts.

DBZ DUDE, DBZ
FUCK KAI, GOSH!!!!

THE ORIGINAL OST IS SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!
(and avoid fillers if you want to make things better)

They were nearly in Kai. They got them to do the dialogue for the Cell Games video using their DBZA voices. It was full of memes and shit though, so somebody reported it to Toei and they vetoed it, forcing it to be pulled at the last minute. Because of this, the audio on the final product is taken directly from the old DBZ dub.
youtube.com/watch?v=6P2tjBBRvk8

DBZ is better dubbed than subbed. Fite me.

>dub
Anyone actually thinking this, off yourselves you human trash.

I hope the same can be true for me when the Pedro dub finally starts airing.

Toei consistently proves themselves to be the shittiest anime production company.

Watch TFS DBZ Abridged for best experience, no contest.

DBZ obviously especially if you're watching the dub. The American music is much much better than the Japanese version. Plus the Kai dub replaced some of the VA's with some really shitty VA's. How the fuck are you going to replace badass Gohan and have Colleen fucking Clinkenwhore who is already known for being horrible at voicing male characters. Not to mention Monica Rial is one of the worst VA's in history and her Bulma is trash. Fucking nasily ass voice. The only thing the Kai dub did right is the new Frieza who is great.

Also with Kai they digitally colored over the original designs and so now everything looks shitty and repetitive. The fun about DBZ is seeing the evolution of the designs and Kai ruined it.

If you're watching the sub version however, it's not a big deal but I'd still say go for the original because of the art. The only bad thing about original Z is the filler but some of it is actually good.

The dub music for Z is shit though until the the late into the Ginyu arc. Faulconer did some really good shit (this is my personal favourite youtube.com/watch?v=aWJMVo8ECsM) and I recommend watching with his music for at least the Buu arc if not Freeza and Cell as well, but the guy that rescored the Saiyan and Namek Sagas was ass.

Also with Z filler you can simply skip over the shit ones. Fake Namek and literally anything with Bulma on real Namek spring to mind. There are some really good fillers you don't get with Kai, like the one with Gohan and the dinosaur and the driving school episode.

This is my absolute favorite piece of the dub music. It's beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=nP7R0MOAsnk

as for filler episodes. I actually love the outter world tournament where Goku meets Pikkan.

DBZ Kai will give you a better experience and be more consistent with the current dub. (Much better freeza voice)

I would say go with Z up until they leave for Namek, then switch to Kai for all the Namek stuff (since most of the Namek filler is awful and dub Kai's Freeza is infinitely better than Z's), switching back to Z when the Trunks arc starts.

DBZ is a perfect example of a show I could only watch at 1.5x or 2x speed.

I simply cannot justify using days of my life for this shit.

The replacement voices are shit and it's not even like the orange brick dub was even bad. In fact they were great and had more impact. Not to mention Kai's music doesn't even compare.

MAX SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH

The original Z Gohan was so raspy and shit in the dub.

But he sounded like a boy, unlike the Kai one who turns into a girl whenever he does any form of grunting whatsoever.

ONLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWERS

>Read the manga
>Dragonball, subbed or dubbed

Kai is shit with awful digital art inserted randomly, and the voice actors aged too much and its just shit.

Gohan is kind of a bitch so sounding less masculine isn't all that far off the money. I also think y'all are exaggerating how effeminate he really sounds.

This is what children think.

Gohan in the Kai dub is what ruined it. Colleen Clinkenbeard did a horrible job as Gohan and didn't even have the heart that Nadonly put into the character. Now he sounds like a complete bitch and way too feminine. At least with the Z dub, he had some sense of masculinity. It's absolutely ridiculous hearing that voice coming out of Gohan when he's fighting Cell. Are you fucking kidding me. Fuck Kai.

Having 6 different singers for the opening didn't really help either since they changed at meaningless intervals and half of them were shit, and the last two sets they just said, "fuck it," and mixed what they had. It seemed like an OK idea at the time because different sets releasing months apart, but when you've got them all and watch through the sets back to back it's just odd having the opening change for no reason.

Vic was the definitive version and should have been used for the whole series, though Brina and Greg were good too. Justin's version was by far the shittest.

Dub quality drops off after Freeza because J Michael Tatum stopped adapting the scripts. Dude knows how to write.

>She wasn't sixty yet by the time the original series ended

Bro, she's 80 years old not 60.

DBZ Dub
Kai removes too much good filler, like driving episode & Trunk's terminator flashbacks

Sub is only better for like 2-3 scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=Ewzi45xuuzU
youtube.com/watch?v=XebyKpo6A9s

Way too many memes, mondo cool was nice & niche enough, but power is maximum, over 9000 & plenty of juice were just cringe

How can you have plenty of Juice when he got killed

I can't be bothered to watch past the first couple minutes. What is it in this particular episode that makes you want to kill yourself after 400 other episodes of the same shit?

The WAVES AND ROCKS! at the beginning was the only part of this that was really funny.

Do Kai honestly it's straight from the manga and it's uncensored compared to the original English version. It is so fast that at episode 15 the Saiyan arc is nearly done.

There are two rare times the dub is ever perfect Dragon Ball Z and Cowboy Bebop. But it's a rarity when it happens.

user it's the original music from Japan.

>Inserted randomly

Kek it has no filler it is a straight up adaptation of the manga.

>Removes good filler

I would say Kai is better because they do not get sent to "another dimension" and avoid talking about death or have the Namek people getting killed.

youtu.be/BffZ0vjMH2I

youtu.be/j7usGwSYKO0

Also use Dub version of Kai. Not sub.

I'm watching it on TV right now and it's legit making my head hurt

>Buu arc
>Buu already killed every human on earth
>When someone is finally stronger then Buu
>"WELL LOOKS LIKE I'M STRONGER THEN YOU SO YOU BETTER GIVE UP NOW OR I HAVE TO KILL YOU"
>"HEH TRICKED I EAT YOU NOW AND BECOME STRONGER"
>This repeats alteast 3 times

DBZ Abridged, ironically.

This has to be bait

>the Zamasu arc will have this kind of dialogue

We're in for a whole new wave of memes, my ningens.

>Kai is shit with awful digital art inserted randomly, and the voice actors aged too much and its just shit.

I dunno, the Kai dub Freeza (Frieza) is amazing: youtube.com/watch?v=aYTUVp2mHC8

I mean he's no Mark Hamill, but he certainly puts some energy into the role.

youtube.com/watch?v=aYTUVp2mHC8 original voice actors were fine too. They put a lot of effort out.

just watch the few weeklytubeshow2 dbz videos and be done with it

wrong link: youtube.com/watch?v=xO_nV8Wk-8k

Dub is always better than sun, unless VAs are bad.
Animations are one of the big reasons why I watch anime. Looking down just for a second and missing anything is unacceptable for me