Iris Zero

Rei-chan will win, just watch

hope she does, the other bitch annoys the crap out of me

Is this getting updates again? I feel like I'll have kids go to college before this ends.

2 updates in 2 days !
Literal Christmas in July

Well shit I guess it's time to reread the whole thing again.

She has better chemistry with the MC than the actual female lead. Too bad she has no chance.

Snowball's chance in hell, but yes, much better than Sasamori.

Lead was too annoying the whole time and now faced with opponent, it's too late

While I don't hate koyuki and she over all has been fine I think rei is just so much better.

>shounen
>popular girl likes loser
>author-san makes it a falseflag instead of making him her one true love

Deconstruction?

Damn, Hijiri. Its like how four eyes supports Kuga during the Iris Hunter arc. He supports Tooru because he his friend.

Only if they ripped off the magazine and stitched it together.

Shit, It got updated? I thought the artist had the Japanese cold.

Oh wow, I thought the author was dead or something. Glad to know this is still going.

Why do you delude yourself like this? Do you like to suffer?

And here I was thinking that he had chilled out recently and was no longer shady as fuck.

>don't remember the plot of Iris Zero
>read previous new chapter
>pegged him for a NTRguy
I've got egg on my face.

>Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Oh boy, it's the obvious loser who I like more than the obvious winner.

Hes best bro for a reason, he is helping Tooru to protect his friendship. Poor guy is ostracized in his whole life, and having a circle, even if its a fragile one, is already a miracle to him.

Is this another case of best girl never wins?

>Is this another case of best girl never wins?
I gave up hope long time ago and always assume the worst case scenario.

>Is this another case of best girl never wins?
Yeah, i don't see it going down the yaoi route anytime soon so best girl (Hijiri) won't win.

At this point, I'm wondering how Koyuki will win this. Her friends may accept that she and Tooru are dating but the stigma of being an Iris Zero will always be there to haunt him. Not to tell Koyuki is the school idol even.
Hoshimiya is famous at the school as well but she is a former Iris Zero as well, the camaraderie is already enough to lure Tooru here.

I forget, why can't he just bullshit about having a really shitty iris that does nothing so he won't be and iris zero?

Asahi user, Asahi. The one whos Iris can see through lies.

In fact, his life goes south thanks to her revealing to the school that he don't have an Iris.

>"My iris is the power to tell if other people are telling lies exclusively about me!"
>"Asahi is lying!"

Done.

Toru claimed to have an Iris back in elementary school. Specifically, he claimed to be able to determine other people's Irises, which bit him in the ass when he revealed Asahi's and she responded by revealing his lack of one.

That's gay as fuck bro.

I want another chapter that pairs Hijiri with Kuga. They don't like each other yet, but it's something I can expect eventually, right?

The manga is teasing their relationship, but I think it might go nowhere. Hijiri got on a crazy love triangle in the past, and I don't think hes ready to show his arms to Kuga.

>Introduces a girl who is far better than the main heroine that later in series just to make her lose.
I hate the author for doing this.

Well yeah, I don't think either particularly feels anything for the other at the moment. But I do think it would be nice that, as both had their own crazed failed loves in the past, that they would fit well.

Either way, Glasses should immediately know if one or the other did, so I suspect he would comment on it if it ever happens.

Is it on monthly schedule or dwi-monthly one? Last time I heard when the artist try for monthly schedule, he just dying after drawing one extra chapter or so.
I think its kinda interesting since the beginning we didn't get Toru and Hijiri arrows pointed to. The last time four-eyes using his power is to redirect Koyuki to Tooru direction.

>We could have a nice romantic story between two people who know the pain of having been shunned by their peers, and slowly find the will to live within each other.

But then the perfect girl who has everything and doesn't understand the meaning of the word suffering wouldn't have what she want's and we can't have that, can we?

So far Koyuki only leeches on the MC and does nothing but be a burden. She pisses me off.

Fuck this.
She will lose isn't she?

It's monthly but it seems sometimes a chapter gets pushed back. Chapter 42 was supposed to come out last month but it wasn't in the magazine's table of contents.

Shes shaping up to become Botan tier heroine.
Give it more chapters, and if Hoshimiya does things right, she might become one.

>a nice romantic story between two people who know the pain of having been shunned by their peers,

dweeb couple deserves infinite wedgies.

No, unlike Botan Hoshimiya came too late in the plot to have a chance.

>Hoshimiya came too late in the plot to have a chance.
>unlike Botan
poor poor user-kun,

Fuck you I believe in Botan, she was introduced early enough that she has a chance.

So we're catching up to the RAW for now. The artist seem to be really dying when all he can do is 10-pages or so per month. Too bad, I really like his style too. Many people seems to hate Koyuki, but I can't do it because I really dig her design. Rei-chan is still best girl though.

That ain't shady, he's keepin it real.
Bros before hoes.

I can't wait for that hoe Kuga to fight him to the death. It's Tooru's bro vs. Sasamori's hoe.

Fuck you, she's going to win
Let me pretend

..I g-guess so...

Repeat after me boys:"Good things don't happen".

Fuck you!
Miracle is real.

Expectations only lead to misery.

I dropped this series so hard after the whole girl who can read emotions arc . The fact that she got away with everything that she did to the MC, and even got a potential love interest pissed me off to no end. Also the FMC is the most annoying character I have ever had the displeasure of reading. What a waste of a decent MC, and best bro.

What happens to blind people in Iris Zero universe? Do they get bullied too?

I know, right?
Yeah, FMC is fucking annoying that it reminds me to Chitanda.

They have mind eye.

Blind people get bullied even in our world, user. What do you think?

I really hope the love triangle bullshit doesn't get any bigger in Iris Zero because it is going to take over the manga's plot and also ruin these threads.

Also, Koyuki doesn't really deserve all the hate she gets. Yeah, she's insensitive to Toru's feelings because she was always popular but the whole thing is mutual with Toru as well.

>Chitanda
She is the reason why I haven't finished a single episode of Hyoukka. Why do people keep making FMC like this?

Ok, user, let's be serious.
Some things are unlikely. They are called "unlikely", because there are a series of factors and circunstances that dictate the outcome behind them and their trends show that those factors and circunstances don't tend to happen together often. Thus, the event is less likely to happen than to not happen.
By the same token, the more exclusive the circuntances and factors are among themselves, the more unlikely the event is.
If these circunstances and events that are said to be needed for the event to happen exclude each other, the event is said to be "impossible" to happen.
This, is a heroine introduced in the 40ish chapter of a series that once prided itself on being monogamous, that has avoided pretty much every chance of developing romantic rivalries so far.
This character has literally helped push her romantic interest and her rival together twice ever since declaring her love for him, and her declaration of love barely elicited any reaction from the guy.
Even among overly-forward heroines introduced just to get the romantic subplot in gear she stands out as specially self-defeating because she is, out in the open, helping them get together of her own volition for whatever reason.
The only plausible reasons she could be doing this for would be:
>1-She wants a fair fight with Koyuki, which is a huge defeat flag
>2-She used her Iris and saw that her chances to get together with Tooru are astronomically likely, which is an even huger defeat flag
From this, we can see that the circunstances and factors behind her getting together with Tooru in the series are bordering on excludent with each other.
Thus, her getting together with him are from "absurdly unlikely" to "impossible".
Now, if you account for the Japanese brand of shit taste and realize she is a heroine with actual chemistry with him and Sasamori is a boring, safe piece of wonderbread that he has to tiptoe around every time, it becomes plain impossible.

Tooru had a small bump towards Koyuki, though.
I get where he is coming from, though.
Tooru only had one friend for forever and is obviously afraid anything could happen and turn the boat over. The friends playing matchmaker and trying to push them together aren't taking Tooru's feelings and circunstances into consideration at all.
Not even Sasamori seems to be ready to act. They are ignoring the input of both sides of the relationship and trying to get a social outcast to suddenly enter a relationship with someone he really doesn't seem to want to.
The fact that there is someone there to tell them his willingness just makes this worse.
>"Hey glasses, does Tooru like Koyuki enough that they should be in a relationship?"
>"No."
>"Bummer. Let's give them some space"
Is how this should have gone down.

It isn't like she tries to be insensitive about it either, it is just legitimately hard for her to put herself in his shoes for mundane things granted she could do to put more effort in.

Isn't being introvert always have negative views from society? So probably authors bring "bright" heroine so they can "develop" MCs into more extroverted life.

I remembering reading this and wondering why the fuck he is even friendly with Asahi, the fucking bitch is the one who made his life miserable.

A character can be extroverted, and
"bright" without being a complete annoyance. Characters like Shitanda, and the FMC of this manga, are nosy, selfish, and stubborn. Usually their only redeeming quality is that they are "adorable". I get your point, but this shouldn't be the way authors should write their "extroverted" characters.

I have only read 19 chapters, and every female character so far has been completely insufferable. The only characters worth a shit in this show is the MC, and his best friend.

They were childhood friends before she made everyone bully him right? I somewhat remember how she also kind of rekindled with him after her arc. I actually thought she was going to be the MC's secondary love interest before she got her own love interest.

This was a pretty good chapter.

Best bro BTFOs annoying main girl. Best girl got more brownie points MC.

I'm pretty sure they were just classmates in kindergarten or something and weren't actually childhood friends.

I think osananajimi is a pretty loose term. I've seen it used to described people you've simply been "friendly" with in your childhood.

Not related.
So now that underdog is kill who will translate Hatsukoi Zombie? I need more shrimp in my life.

literal female cuck shoved in by author to make us want to kill ourselves for shipping the best girl

I really love the art style as well. Everything feels nice and clean while still maintaining charm. Such a shame that the the artist and/or author can't maintain a steady pace without falling ill.

I mean whole thing with asashi, while she caused the whole thing, began when MC foolishly revealed her secret without much consideration. Both characters being able to let go of their old grudge and come to terms with one another is a good development when it happened in fucking pre school

Kuga is the one im baffled over. Why is MC even near that person

can someone explain Iris Hunter arc again for me? I am bit slow and I dont get the mechanism behind it

Yup, maybe we are going to make it.

It's pretty contrived to be honest. Since Kuga's iris lets her basically see emotions, she is apparently some psychological prodigy and tries manipulate people's emotions into a state where they subconsciously don't want to use their iris. For example, she tried to get Koyuki to be afraid of seeing if she and MC are a qualified match in order to force a mental aversion towards using her iris.

It's pretty flawed writing, but this kind of thing tends to happen when authors try and write clever mysteries/characters while not being very clever themselves. I definitely enjoy the character interactions a lot more than the mysteries.

I kept reading that part of iris zero and it never any fucking made sense to me. Far fetched in setting where people are fucking psychic

I just gave up and just ran on the whole character interactions.

Really, when was that happen though?

I remember the earlier idea wasn't supposed to be like this. Looks like this premise and setting are suddenly change so it feels much contrived than it should be.
But yeah nice reddit spacing this manga is worth reading for the artstyle and character interaction really.

>it's another better-girl-than-main-girl enters the fray only to lose the MCbowl in the hardest way possible scenario

Well, at least I'm mentally prepared

Fuck this is gonna be another Botan isn't it

Literally all the girls except for Rei are all garbage tier. MC should dump dump all of em except is best homie and Rei, the rest just keep creating drama and shit

>Iris Zero
>Rei means zero
Well no shit she'll win.

Stop hurting me.