Tower of God thread

Tower of God thread

So the rules of the Virtual Floor are :

1. Anyone who reveals details of the existence of the floor on the outside loses both their data and memory of the place

2. once you become a ranker you can't go back in or update your data

3. after you complete it you can't update data and take any items or goods from the Virtual floor

So you can go in there to become stronger but you can't farm items there.
Also, when the fuck did Rak get there? When did he even split from the group?

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Vol.2_Ch.240:_43F_-_Hell_Train:_The_Floor_of_Death_(9)#Blog_Post
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based Rak cleared the hell accidently train well before Bam and anyone else in their crew.

So do we know how Gustang feels about Zahard? Presumably he fucking hates him if he's doing all this floor of death shit, so he could have been talking about Zahard rather than V when he said "your father is a faggot".

>inb4 Rak is actually dead and what remains in the hidden virtual floor is just his data
everyone will bet that young zahard will look like a mirror image of wangnan

>Also, when the fuck did Rak get there? When did he even split from the group?
At the Name Hunt Station, Karaka attacked Yuri while Bam and friends were returning to the Hell Train. Rak became separated from them during that battle.

he said he was unfriendly towards everyone so I'd say they only tolerate each other.

He said that he acted unfriendly towards everyone while on their journey.

Also, did they just come from outside the tower, or even another tower and everything was pre-built? He said "climb the tower and change THIS tower". Maybe it's just a translation error but it means a lot.

that's kinda bullshit imo.

Of all the places to land he landed right into the enterance of the train

So I use to follow this, and stopped like 2 years ago.
Started binging it since a few days ago, and just caught up to where I was. Always fun seeing references to things that pop up later. Like Yuri mentioning Urek's tree-trunk legs, all the way back in chapter 2.

So is there a difference between shinsu and magic in this world?
Or is magic just really complicated shinsu?

Rak seemed very dead after Yuri cast an attack spell that spread across the whole horizon, along with two other useless characters. Then you see the other two are alive thanks to other useless characters saving them for no reason, and they specifically mention they can't find Rak, making him even more dead.
It doesn't help that ToG regularly kills or forgets loads of characters entirely, only for them to suddenly return 20 chapters later like they weren't gone at all.

Not anime or manga, fuck off.

Ahem.

>2012
You think your old rules apply here?

Ahem.

>Gook shit

Rak is a boring character, why do everyone like him so much? Never cared about him, and honestly nothing changed to me when he was absent. What's even his goal? Being stronk?

Not anime or manga. Go back to Sup Forums, /trash/, or beg for another board on /qa/. Honestly, you'd probably succeed; these new shitty boards added since Hiro grabbed the wheel were certainly created on shakier ground.

see

Just ignore him. It's easier.

Sup Forums.org/rules#a

>So you can go in there to become stronger but you can't farm items there.

I thought you can, except that you can't farm items after you completed the hell train. So basically its a one time bonus floor/round

Rak's circumstances are bull shit, but anyone who thought he even had a chance of being dead is retarded.

>so he could have been talking about Zahard rather than V when he said "your father is a faggot".

This is my pet theory right now. Basically, I reckon Jahard went all Griffin on Arlene, and Bam is the result. Wangnan being the Prince is so obvious I feel it can't possibly be the twist. Bam being the Prince is more like it.

Heh, I didn't think about it like that, but you're right, it really is like a bonus prize level in a game.

>Wangnan being the Prince is so obvious I feel it can't possibly be the twist.
Wait, it is supposed to be a twist? I swear him being Zahard's son was already revealed long ago? Am I imagining things?

It's never been confirmed, as I recall, but at this point I think every single reader of the series thinks Wangnan is his son.

Unless SIU has totally bungled the whole Prince arc, which seems set up to be a big reveal, I think there has to actually be another surprise lurking somewhere. And it can't be Karaka because it's also totally obvious that he's also Jahard's son.

What does FUG stand for?

I don't think we know. I've seen people lately speculating that the G stands for "Grace".

It's all but straight out said. He's definitely considered a prince, his ring with Zahard's symbol, his immortality.

I always though it was Fuck U God, but it might have been too subtle a message

>his immortality.

That's kind of interesting, actually, because the immortality of the 10 family heads is clearly not passed down to their descendants. So Jahad, I guess, has some kind of super immortality.

I wonder how he ended up with that ring. I suppose it was his since his childhood, but have he ever questioned its origins?

STOP RANKERCREEP LET THE GOD DAMN REGULARS SHINE

He seems to be aware of its significance, and seemed to know what Rachel meant when she called him a Prince. Also, Karaka's whole issue with Bam is that he believes one day Bam will come after him, which makes sense if he knows that A) he's Jahad's son, and B) Bam is prophesied to be the killer of Jahad. So I'm thinking they are both aware of their origins.

It's not like all the heads have the same immortality. Hell, one of them literally shortened the lives of all his descendants just for immortality.
And Jahad's power can be passed down through blood as proven with Ank.

He's plenty aware.

How are Ten Families supposed to rule over all tower when they can't even enter Regular territories?

>one of them literally shortened the lives of all his descendants just for immortality.

It seems logical to think this is the family that adopted Androssi, right? Since it was stated it was a great family with no rankers except the head.

how mad would you be if baam turned to be jahad all along

Their authority seems to be purely theoretical in much of the tower.

They can't keep breaking the rules like that though. And said rules are also enforced by the guardians. Who aren't pushovers by any means.
Usually, when a ranker is in a regular area, they are examiners or their illegally with the guardian not giving a fuck.

>When did he even split from the group?
He went MIA in the clash between Karaka and Yuri, couldnt escape the huge power clash and was thought dead. Of course for plot reasons he is still around, he's a popular character. I love the turtle but he jobbed hard last time, hope he got a buff on his journey.

According to the wiki, the G=Grace is the only thing SIU has confirmed on his blog.

Are the guardians the true final bosses?

Oh, it's confirmed? I didn't know that.

>gookshit

To become a ranker and to lose access to all those cool regular areas. What a shitty and unfair rule.

>he jobbed hard last time,
It wasn't even his fault that time. dumbass swordsman pretty much gave an Aria an ignition weapon. I mean, he might have won that fight otherwise.

>So Jahad, I guess, has some kind of super immortality.
Thats a given but seems Wangnan is a special case. Jahad has thousand of bastards everywhere and as far as I know they are not immortal, Wangnan has given immortality, the guy is really important for whatever reason.
>true final boss
>guardians
>not Baam's mom
I bet the bitch keikaku'd every single thing.

Why is Xiaxia such a qt?

Well, for whatever reason the tower wants to be climbed by worthy candidates, and having rankers fuck with their shit isn't conducive to that.

I don't think the guardians are all that important. Phantaminum and Enryuu are the only people who could feasibly hurt one and one is an Axis and one is an agent of God. It wouldn't make much sense for the rest of the cast to be able to fight them. Aside from Headon and the two inside Baam I don't see the guardians having much of a role aside from giving out the occasional test or tidbit of plot information. They're probably just an inherent part of the tower - even floor 43's guardian started "growing back" before it got crammed into Joe.

They have lots of henchmen who will fuck your shit up for the sake of currying favor I guess?

>true final boss
it would be the axis wouldn't it?
or maybe even something outside the tower depending on how far SIU wants to take this

So what are the chances at an anime?
Noblesse got an OVA, and it seems a few other Webtoons have some animated ads (though they seem to be ads for the webtoons themselves)

Did the Noblesse OVA flop too hard for them to consider adapting any other works?

I like ToG very much but i feel that in the floor of death the story is getting convoluted.

What i mean by that is this: too many things happening at the same time, every event intertwine with another and not enough screen time is given to develop in an undertandable manner what is really happening. Also too many sub plots and characters stay idle for dozens of chapters till they have some form of conclusion.

I hope that SIU is trully a genius and dont leave some major plot holes with the narrative getting so complicated.

So this chapter confirms that blonde guy is the direct son of Zahard?

So, is he ever going to reference the statues that looked like Rak first floor?
So far it's the only mystery of that character

>Small Rak
>gets wrecked by white fuckboy
>suddenly he unleashed his big form and punches him in the face
>hype
>he loses offpanel
The way he jobbed against him was the worst.

So is Rak going to be like the weird eyes guy? Like he already was on the virtual floor but he lose his memories?

>gookshit
MODS

Why the fuck does he confirm these types of things on his blog? And why doesn't the Wiki link to the blog?

Baam is going to meet the 13 warriors so we'll know for sure who the real jerk was, but after this chapter i really think that V is still alive and is the head of the FUG and that's why Gustang hates him.

Also aside from the hair of their parents i know we don't have many clues but V and Viole looks too similar to not be releted and i think the big reveal is going to be Rechel being the daughter of Zahard and Rechel (someone is going to find the horns behind her head)

I hate that so much, he said a lot of stuff about the 10 families on his blog too

>13 warriors

the 13 warriors copies, actually some of them could have been good at the time only to change later

Well part 2 started up with "prince of Zahard" so probably. Weird how useless he seems to be, and uses bombs.

What do you guys think Gustang will do with young Zahard's data?

No, Gustang revealed the existence of the virtual floor, so his data and memories is gone.

>And why doesn't the Wiki link to the blog?
towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Vol.2_Ch.240:_43F_-_Hell_Train:_The_Floor_of_Death_(9)#Blog_Post
They may not link to the blog itself, but they do have a translation of some of the blog posts.

>And why doesn't the Wiki link to the blog?
it does most of the time

someone didn't take storytelling101

There is still the guardian's god insied the train and he never saw him, so maybe we will get something before the end of the train arc?

At this point there is probably more info about lore in the blog rather than in manhwa proper.

>No, Gustang revealed the existence of the virtual floor, so his data and memories is gone.

He also stated that since he is one of the 10 families chief some of the rules don't effect him, for that reason he can talk to Baam of the plane without losing the memory of it

Also he doesn't want Zahard's data but something the original Zahard gave to his copy

What? You should be able to fallow a story on one media only

Its lazy writing, IMO. He's doesn't know how to incorporate it into Baam's journey so he has to detail it in his blog.

I miss the old days of ToG, it just doesn't feel the same reading it. Korean webcomics like this have the tendency to get a bit stale after you read them long enough. I dropped ToG for a few months precisely because I lost interest in it. Too bad, I hope Rak's return brings some life back into the series.

It's more world building than lazy writing. that guy has so much written down about the universe, a lot of it's just nice trivia that might not ever be important in Baam's story but will in another's..

There are a lot of characters who should know about this stuff, he really should just pick one and made him/her talk about this stuff

I'm so glad we can discuss manhwa on Sup Forums now.

Fack off gook

We've always been able to it was just one dedicated spammer ruining them.

I am happy that things have been picking up over the last couple months of chapters. Although I am disappointed in the 'strong character appears and makes MC take a test' cliche but we'll see how it goes.

Is young Gustang gonna be in the Hidden Floor? He said your data disappears when you talk about it, maybe it's a regulars only rule though

It's a regular and ranker rule but he said some of the rules doesn't work on him but still he can't visit the plane again

He said that only things that appear in the manwha are canon, all the lore elements he writes in his blog might be retconned at any moment. I also think he should put more world-building in the manwha proper but he probably doesn't want to put himself in a corner by writing a piece of lore on a whim and regretting it letter.

>letter.
later.

>Sup Forums - Anime & Manga

Probably just the guardian on the true top of the tower? Baam already got two guardians souls in him

Yet some of the major informations have been told already

Like i wanted to know what the thirteenth weapon was, but he already said what it is

I wouldn't say ToG has become stale. On the contrary I think the author is trying too many things and bringing too many new concepts and characters. The big story in ToG used to be very hazy and mysterious, but up to the Workshop Battle it managed to keep the reader interested by making him care about the relatively small cast and the immediate dangers they faced.
By losing more and more focus on the past characters and introducing a lot of reveals and plot elements it became ironically less exciting.
It's like ToG started as a relatively standard battle shonen but then ditched most of the characters to become a story about semi-god cuckolding.
Maybe it will become interesting again when the stakes are clear and the characters start to openly defy FUG, Zahard and his goons. But for now the story still isn't clear enough for me to care about it yet, while the regulars have become so unimportant relatively to Baam and the Rankers I can't care about them anymore.

Every chapter where Cassano was in sucked for me.
I hope Hatsu insta-kill him soon

I wouldn't call that in particular a major information. Every relevant Month that appeared in the webtoon has been named. We also learned how many there were, who made them and what was their purpose. Giving the name of every single one is typically the kind of thing that brings nothing to the story and is better left in the blog notes.

I get the impression that the axis are not going to be involved in this story. Could be wrong of course.

I feel the opposite.

I don't trust Headon any further than I can throw him.

I stopped reading just during the fight with Kaiser, thinking about catching up.

Should I go back to it now, wait or just give up?

The main plot/backstory of the series finally started advancing since then, so you may want to give it a try

Yeah, seems so from threads ive seen on Sup Forums
But how good is it really?

The revelations on Baam and his backstory have been pretty intense as hie origins were recently revealed and his parents.