Alaska Thread

Why don't you live in the best state user?

>no income tax
>most relaxed gun laws
>great outdoors everywhere
>only one shithole (anchorage)
>blockbuster

wa fag here
as much as i want to (at least visit), living costs are expensive
still would love to visit it

>great outdoors everywhere

Blood is not a liquid at those temperatures. Trading shiny rocks for imports until the roads close and they all starve.

Seattle airport is an alaska airlines hub, keep an eye out for cheap flights, it's worth a visit at least.

Yeah it's not for pussies, -30ÂșC is a mild winter here.

Alaska is full of degeneracy. That's not my weed in the pic, it's not mine either.

Lived here for 8 years, Anchorage is not the only shithole, there's a ton of them, basically all the native villages, Fairbanks, I could go on and on. Awful cost of living, the weather is fucking horrible, and more coastline then the u.s. combined but no sandy beaches and if you want to take a swim in it for more than a couple mins chances are you die. This place sucks. I'm moving to Idaho, best kept secret in America

>but no sandy beaches

>Fairbanks
That's literally the best "major" city here. Small town, little to no crime, nice people, and nowhere near as much degenerates as anchorage.

Idaho is also nice, but I'm a student out here so I'll decide whether I want to leave in a few years.

What's the difference between Jack Daniel's and John Wayne?
Jack Daniel's is still killing Indians
Fairbanks is fucking crime riddin, especially with how small the population is. The winters are brutal, air quality is Bejing tier. For small cities in AK I prefer the Southeast especially Sitka. My advice to you is to get out as fast as possible once you graduate. UAF is definitely much better than any other schools in AK tho.

I am here. also am depressed.
Gonna go light of tannerite outside to stave away the psychosis.

Well I was at the beach the other day.

Go for a swim

Cordova?

I think if i see your shoes ill say hi.

Especially Hyda Tlingits.

How's the internet in AK?

fair to shit.
On the bright side you can get away with alot out here in the small towns and villages.

Can either get your wallet raped by GCI or get stuck with 10 meg (on average) unlimited dsl by ACS

Pretty shit I'd say.

Your rural as well?

No I just know of the situation through my work though I'm a lot more familiar with ACS. Can't believe how bad their service is, especially when you're far out.

Fuck.
I just finished a degree in software eng and I already have a job here in my Frankistan but after I get a couple years of experience under my belt I'm considering looking for a job in Alaska. Is that a fully retarded idea? Will I ruin my life?

I'm at the university so I get around 300/150 up/down on wifi, and 400/250 on ethernet.

I don't intend to stay in fairbanks, just get my degree. I will come back to purchase land outside the city, and make my getaway once I get those engineering bux.

Alaska's state flag is The Big Dipper and Polaris? I like that.

one cell tower.
one tower for my whole community.

From ACS??

There aren't that many jobs out here, the biggest employer is the university system. But obviously as a STEM major you can pretty much get a job anywhere you want.

Gci.

Everyone hyping AK can go fuck off. There should be a state law that everyone moving up here needs to live in mountain view for 3 years before they get to disperse. Patels and Changs can kill themselves preemptively - there are no jobs for brown people up here

Its that way in Juneau. Its hilarious how awful they are. I don't fast download anything with ACS but I'm able to at least game online and watch videos.

GCI was great until I realized how fast you go through 50 gigs. I dropped them almost instantly.

Tapdancing christ. Sorry to hear it.

Why would I downgrade

>mountain view
i have house in anchorage that i use in the summer to take a nice break from the village.. Its in spenard. You can take your meme ghetto and shove it.

Lmao indeed.
On the other hand I wouldn't mind doing sysadmin for a university system.

Any state is better than California.

Anyone UAF anons here want to shitpost with me at The Pub?

>10 meg unlimited dsl
I think my tariff is 30 mbps and I pump around 1TB info a month not on full speed

10 mbps is not enough for what? modern speeds are full excess.

ACS rollout of fiber optic is laughably slow. A large portion of their customers get 5meg and below. If you get below 10mbps you can threaten to leave for GCI and they'll lower your bill.

There are a few places in Southeast, Southcentral, and the Kenai Peninsula that aren't shitholes, but most of the state is garbage now. Especially Anchorage.

I wish i even had that. I have a local co-op as my only alternative.

I wish I could live there.

>There are a few places in Southeast, Southcentral, and the Kenai Peninsula that aren't shitholes

citation fucking needed.
Winter here is shit no matter where you live.

Is pic related you tonight on tv? You said you live in spenard part time so you must be a stupid nigger selling drugs in the valley

Spenard is the next biggest meme ghetto after mountain view.

California is a minority shithole who's only redeeming feature is the weather, nature, and tech jobs.

It would be pretty comfty, the university here is really laid back. Weed is legal too if you're into that.

>most relaxed gun laws
But user, I attend University

At this point I'm surprised you can even connect to Sup Forums.

>not owning a house in the place you got every once in a while to buy groceries
in my town milk is 25 dollars a gallon.
But since your an a-towner you dont understand how it outside of your little bubble.

If you don't like winter weather, get the fuck out of Alaska idiot.

I had starband but the service is dead as is most sat internet.
>not knowing its the soul crushing darkness and the people

No AT&T wifi personal Hotspots too, I take it. That would exhaust every option I know about AK internet.

>I fly ravn $600 dollars each way from my rape village to buy a gallon of milk and ky jelly

>He lives in rural Alaska

No such luck.
>i take my cessna 150 for 120 dollars in fuel to fly away from my seasonal rape town so i can buy food staples and so i can take a break from the town im in

Yes. For that you may laugh. All my land is here and i make money on gravel and wood.
I would leave if i could but noone wants to buy my land, just more gravel and wood.

Okay Chief nignog

>the liquor laws are all built around preventing the natives from drinking themselves to death

Whats wrong with these people?

Never seen this one, kek.

What else do you think of my hometown of Sitka?

Yeah, the territory at the time held a contest for a flag design. An Alaskan Native orphan boy named Benny Benson won with his entry.

Sadly this is quite true.

Actually im white. Its the natives treatment towards me that actually opened by eyes on everything.
>inb4 mutt memes
I know they are coming. send them despite your flag.
>tfw dry communtiy next to me
>tfw snow niggers load up their snogos in my town and take it home

>sitka
inbred!

>What else do you think of my hometown of Sitka?
Sitka is alright. Great fishing there, and less Tlinget than other places in SEAK. It's just too small and rainy.

I'd rather live in a remote community full of illiterate inbred eskimos than live in a fucking shithole full of beaners and white guilt beatniks.

One of my favorite places here. Been everywhere else in this state pretty much. Would raise a family in a place like that if I could get a good paying job. Currently on the slope, live in Anchorage. Fucking over it. Also the people I have met that have grown up in Sitka are legit.

Talking shit about roadies when you choose to get abused by chugs while living in a literal cuckshed in the middle of an indian village. John Wayne is shaking his head at you from up in heaven

>spits chewing tobacco
>smiles with missing teeth
>"your my eloooooooooooooooooooooook user-kun! can you share me soem homebrew?"

How so?

Everywhere is small and rainy in AK.

>Working on the slope on a flexible rotational schedule and choosing to live in Detroit jr. instead of a decent town.

There is no excuse to habitate in that shithole.

Dont pretend. There are like 20 families tops up there. Nice swimming pool though.

Minnesota is cold enough for me.

It's warmer here than minnesota, less nigs too

Juneau is a little bit better than Sitka. Juneau is better than Sitka in every way actually. I moved out of SEAK to Valdez and I like having snow in the winter instead of 35 degree rain.

>"Uncle Bill quit raping me your crushing my Winstons!!!!!"

Shutup you stupid ass. Do you want diversity?

>"eeeee! eye eeeee ka-chaw! Dont you know you need a half-gal for that!"

i was born in anchorage, nigger

I'm not a nog.

Tempting, but I like my continental US shipping times and prices.

>but I like my continental US shipping times and prices.
and another reason to hate it here. Ide almost forgotten.

Hence me moving to Idaho asap. Juneau is a Samoan filled shithole place sucks. Valdez fucking sucks too except for riding in thompsons pass or fishing in the summer. Bunch of pregnant teen degenerate whores running around that place and only one road in and out. It's better than most places in this fucked up state tho. I like Cordova better.

>i'm not black
>i can't afford postage

I'm an aeronautical engineer, are there jobs for me in AK?
I'd like to spend something like 5 years there

actually yes. Hope you like working for the airlines.

What would Juneau be without its capital status and population?

...wait that actually sounds nice, looks like that backfired on me

a town on a hill with a massive slant to it.

Probably, aviation is big here.

You caught me

I went to HS in Juneau so I know all about those Samoan fucks. I don't blame you for moving out. Northern Idaho is great, and almost 100% white. Valdez is perfect for me though because I'm all about those winter sports.

Eaglecrest this year... just lol

nigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

isn't it cheaper to buy a cow? serious.

>buy a cow
what will feed it in winter? where will I store it? how will I heat its enclosure?

same thing that is wrong with all the nordic indigenous peoples, and most of SE asia as well to be honest.

lack of gene for expression of alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme. they simply cant handle their liquor, shit goes round and round and keeps them drunk instead of being metabolized and removed from the body by the liver.

>mfw greenland is the alcohol abuse capital of the world

Yeah actually, the UAF is a Space, Air, and Sea school. You may have trouble getting work in the sector because you are French. FAA regulations prevent hiring foreign nationals. Even naturalized citizens have some trouble.

Shipping is probably the one thing that sucks out here. Even though USPS guarantee's 2-day for like $20 flat rate.

Im aware there are costs involved, Denmark is a dairy state after all. But for 25 dollars a gallon im pretty fucking sure you can make a profit, people are getting raped on the transport cost for that milk.

protip: cows in denmark stay in the barn all winter long anyhow, and we dont even have hard winters.

Behold, fucking URSA MAJOR

>ctrl+f
>Eskimo
>one result
If this doesn't turn into an Eskimo story thread I hope the mods delete it
>walking down an Alaska street with two friends
>drunk eskimo unable to walk straight approaches
>offers to sell his brand new several hundred phone
>for enough money for another bottle of vodka
>claims its not because it's stolen but because his village is dry and he has to go back the next day
>my friend got a new phone for 20 bucks

i'd be pale all the time and wouldn't be able to attract females because i need a tan to look at least above a 5/10

>in Copenhagen down by the main station (train)
>got business in the meat district so have to walk around the back side
>heading past the Greenlander bar
no white people allowed
>door flies open and two greenlanders come out, man and a woman
>absolutely inebriated
>cursing and beating each other
>man knocks woman down out cold
>starts kicking her in the head and torso
>people just walking by
>police station right across the street
>police car just drives by

There's no helping them, only clean-up after they murder each other.

>You may have trouble getting work in the sector because you are French
Oh that's too bad
But frankly I understand, I quite know about unregulated immigration

>Go to Costco
>See that the liquor section is PACKED with at least 20 natives in line with carts full to the brim with booze
>whatthefuck.jpg
>Remember that its PFD distribution day

> shithole in the middle of nowhere
> the best state
Spotted a retard.