Made in Abyss

what are your thoughts on the latest chapters?

>Mitty is somehow back - could be cured some, could be the same end result fuck up
>Somehow squidloli knows Reg's name is Reg - which raises a lot of possibilities
>Time may have passed A LOT outside of the abyss - with all the falling tags

>Will Riko ever stop shitting and get her white whistle

Haven't quite caught up, remember reading the first chapters forever ago. Currently at volume 5.
Does Prushka prefer Riko's rikos to Daddy's rod?

Faputa is the Ozen of level 6

As in she only appears to be bad at first glance and is going to NTR'd real hard

I want to penetrate Reg's navel.
Didn't Reg say that Riko used to spend like half a day shitting every now and then?

Mitty could mean one of several things:
1. Reg's "incinerator" is actually a teleportation device.
2. Old Mitty was a fake created by Baddude (doesn't seem likely to me, Nanachi would have noticed)
3. New thing isn't Mitty
4. Mitty was resurrected by Abyss fuckery. This is kinda the most hopeful scenario.

About the falling flowers and plates, the every-2000-years thing could be happening again, making everyone on the surface into praying skeletons.

I'm interested to know what form Prushka will take.

>she only appears to be bad at first glance
She doesn't appear to be bad, though.

What the fuck is going on anons, I'm offline for a few days, come back, watch episode 2 of the anime and Idofront and Bondrewd are in the fucking OP? My body isn't ready.

What is people's problem with HS translating it as "cave raiders"?

piercing somebody's belly with a sharp talon is pretty bad, user.

>yandere moth
wait, I've seen something like this before

This thread is nice and comfy

There is still a possibility that Mitty never made it to value village and horsie is just fucking around with 7chi memories for fluff evaluation purposes

HS doesn't translate anything. They take the translated episodes from other sites like Crunchyroll and then they put them on their site.

>what are your thoughts on the latest chapters?
TOO DARK
TOO MUCH NAVEL ACTION
Im both uncomfirtable, cant stop thinking about navels and cant wait to get more.

I like how the Narehate, excluding Faputa, either can't or strugle to speak whatever language they use in Orth

RIP penis-arms-kun. He just wanted to play!

They are probably mentally deficient
It has to be their equivalent of HURR DURR VALUE HERP

Anal prolapse is no longer my fetosh

To "Raid" is to attack, and in addition to an attack, to steal.

To "Delve" is to dig, to search, to make difficult and painstaking explorations.

"Delver" is just a much better fit than "Cave Raider", and also doesn't sound as goofy.

Where can I read chapter 41 and 42?

did that thing kill meinya?

No

Meniya is gonna live, just its butt is falling out.

Go to fireden, search for "mia toc" you pleb.

I still say It's all about the soul-reading shenanigans. The fuckers automatically know what is your "value". It would explain why Fap uses "Reg" as robot-kun's name. It would also explain the possibly-Mitty. It's not Mitty at all but some random abomination trying his best to imitate her.

Because It's the fucking Abyss, We can't have nice things

42 opened up a whole can of worms what with Abyss Faith, Reg's Flashbacks, the 2000 year cycle, etc.

Thank god the anime is airing to make the wait for the 43 a bit more bearable.

>About the falling flowers and plates, the every-2000-years thing could be happening again, making everyone on the surface into praying skeletons
Maybe every 2000 years, the Abyss gain another level by "absorbing" the surface. That's why now, there is only a Smallville island on the middle of the ocean, where there was a whole continent millenniums ago.

>Ozen puts on a suit and robe
>suddenly her shoulders are x3 wider than her hips

does this bother anyone else?

Anybody else feels like giraffe might be the Author's srlf insert?
>refined design standing out from the rest
>creepy as fuck
>cant shut up about how waluable children are
>adores the main characters and faputa

A couple of issues I have with the whole mind-reading thing is that Reg had flashbacks of Faputa when she said his name, and that it wouldn't really make sense to reveal the soul-reading to Nanachi if the villagers' goal really was to basically take advantage of Riko Squad.

The 1st would imply not only the ability to read minds, but also to implant false memories. The 2nd just seems a bit shallow and silly.

Those are shouldepads and gorilla posture

This. Some kind of trial involving tempting them with their greatest desire or something.

>Nanachi secretly wants Mitty back.
>Reg secretly wants a fluffster who will let him do lewd things.
>Riko wants more fiber in her diet.

"Faputa is Riko's stillborn soul or something" seems pretty unlikely.

Spelunker

He doesn't like lolis pooping unlike the author

The location of the pauldrons don't necessarily imply the location of the shoulder joint

I still say that this makes no sense because it would be a bizarrely convoluted plan with no apparent motive, not to mention a really cheap letdown of an explanation.

Maybe with soul/mind reading the names simply dont matter to them and she's saying "you are you" and he's like "how do you know my name?"

The point I was making wasn't so much that she knew his name, it's that he specifically had flashbacks of interacting with her, similar to his flashbacks of Lyza.

Dickhand did nothing wrong
Maaa;_;

Did they ever explain how Bonerman can see through Nanachis eyes?

I never understood that part, did I miss something?

Yeah there's obviously soul reading going on and giraffe said your desire, valued thing is whatever you honestly believe and Reg's name is Reg now. Since Faputa is embodiment of value she'd know it. She just automatically knows who he is by his soul irregardless of what he went by before.

So is Value Village anarcho-capitalist or communist? Their dedication to the non-aggression principle seems to indicate ancap, but then the redistribution of resources to everyone after the offense is pretty damn collectivist. I'm getting mixed messages here.

It just seems that it's something he can do because she spent so much time in the base. They never explained how he accomplished it, just that he can.

How would Riko know his name then?
Maybe they met before when she was a toddler? Maybe Lyza knew him and named the dog after him or told young Riko about him?

it should still be in Sup Forums's build-in archive

she's one of his praying hands, which are psychically connected to him. Instead of taking her over, he just tops at hijacking her vision.

The value isn't distributed, in fact the value is COLLECTED in exchange for the goods of the wrongful party in order to pay. If the wrongful party is poor as dirt, the town basically repossesses and sells everything they have.

No idea how or why Riko named Reg.

The dog theory has a lot of circumstantial support but I still don't buy into it.

but everyone got free shit from penis-hands. following the NAP, the only one who should have been compensated is Riko.

But it wasn't free, they paid for it and then the wealth was given to Riko

>Since Faputa is embodiment of value
I think he just meant that she is the most valuable thing in there.
>can fly
>immortal
>smells nice
>fur
>everything
I dont think she's a local godess or something. She's just the luckiest of them.
Ancap.
After all the rest of them got shreds and Riiko got a hard coin.

Imagine ancap vigilantees sharing the property of killed criminal between each other.
>victim compensated
>vigilantees rewarded for help.

fetish village is comfy

>The dog theory has a lot of circumstantial support
She literally said she named him after the dog. The point that Reg is the dog sounds like bullshit, though. Maybe Lyza named her (and later Riko's) dog after Reg.

I know she named him after the dog, I guess I should've been more specific in saying the dog reincarnation theory.

>kidnapped reg
>stabbed him
>makes spooky faces

I think maybe Lyza told Riko about Reg as a child.
Riko forgot it but named a dog like that.
Kind of like when you know something and cant remember where do you know it from.

it's not really about the name but the fact that Reg has hightened smelling and likes to snuggle furry things.

>ancap
Can't have capitalism without salaried work
Can't have anarchism if there's an all-powerful omniscient authority overseeing that the society functions in a specific way

>comm
There's a market where individuals trade values while using currency, can't be commie
And once again, the mystical authority being that basically forces the society to be like it is by virtue of supernatural capabilities

But Reg is hers. And she only stabbed him to verify his identity. Anyway it's fine because she's cute

Stab first
Probably Reg
Sniff cock
Certainly reg

WHAT THE FUCK WAS STABBING FOR?

The dude who gets the arm straight up bought it and this is explicitly mentioned.
Also, "things without buyers are transformed into small values". The question is what the state-tentacle does with the values it gathers, how it distributes them or whether they are circulated at all.

the cock sniffing seriously makes me consider that Reg was built primarily as a sexbot.

So does Faputa have complete resistance to the 6th Layer's Curse or something?

She meets Reg outside of the membrane that protects the village from the curse, she lives separate from the rest of the villagers, and she seems to move up and down freely.

Dick smelling would have been awkward if it wasn't Reg

If she is like Nanachi and Meinya she could see the field and just be moving where it wont hurt her.

Reg gets boners when
>He touches someone fluffy
>He sees boobies

Riko has boobies but isn't fluffy.
Nanachi is fluffy but you can't really see her boobies.
Faputa is fluffy and has visible boobies..

Therefore, Faputa is best girl.

Seems like she is a different breed of narehate from Nanachi and fetish townies. Or not a narehate at all, but the primal essence of what later becomes a narehate. Like Faputa is the original Abyss being while "narehates" are defective reflections of this kind of being, and because they were originally human they still get fucked by the curse.

The most interesting question for me in all of this is what the town itself is. How are the narehates born, if not by just catching the curse? Why are they bound to the town? I think the observation they made about the tree it is enclosed withing resembling "the corpse of some giant creature" will become important for solving this. If not an actual creature, then at least some sort of fucky fantastical abyssal thing must be happening in this treelike structure that creates these particular narehate (of a completely different nature to the endless rugs we saw in the previous arc) and binds them inside it. This page seems like something added into the chapter after the initial upload, and the white stuff that gets brigther as it goes upwards is really suspect. Brace for it to be another form of fauna with its own particular way of feeding, maybe even coexisting symbiotically with the narehates it creates for itself.

Did anyone translate the ED lyrics yet?

Not to mention that shot of the village resembles a skull.

Tsukushi is too good of an artist for that to be a coincidence.

So wait Narehate's are the delvers who got the burden of the 6th layer right?

But is it possible there were a race of abyss sbhumans before the narehate's were there, maybe Faputa is one of those, and maybe thats why they revere her/It?

I'm too lazy to go back and dig through the archive to find pages, but I'm vaguely sure that giraffe explained something about the Narehates in this particular village being delvers who gave up on going deeper and decided to stay there for one reason or another, and the village transformed them into what they wanted to be.

He also compared this to Mitty's transformation, saying she was created at the old ritual site, potentially implying the village is a more advanced ritual site.

subhumans*

Reg is a toaster, a tool, not a person. Riko understood this immediately when she found it.

Yeah, this. "Here" in this case could mean the town itself or layer 6, but considering the town seems like a pretty special place with no force field, it probably means that. So more to the idea that there's something the town is actively performing in order to create this civilization of weirdos. And also strange how he talks about "choosing" to become narehates. Did they like, jump up? There's no curse within the tree-corpse. Did they make some sort of contract with the town? How is that contact and communication made? Maybe it's all just a trap that lures desperate humans in and trades endless escapism for [something] that benefits the town, or the tree, or the creature, or whatever.

The villagers also seem to consider him something different from a human child, and seemingly something without value. He was unmakerd in the letter and also getting raped all over by the weirdos at the market even though the rule is "don't touch value"

I'm a bit unwilling to speculate too far on what little information we have regarding the village, but it's pretty safe to say there's something fishy going on. I also wonder if/when the next White Whistle will show up.

Gonna be a long few months waiting for more chapters to shed some light on all the questions introduced.

Watch Srajo be a female white whistle too.

I was kind of speed reading

but they're crafting Prushka into a white whistle for Riko right? Or at least thats what they claimed to be doing a couple of chapters ago right?

I'd be okay with layer 6 being pure weird abyssal stuff. The world he's set up in just 3 chapters (excluding 42) is just too damn fascinating. It needs to be explored more.

They can meet the next WW when they're heading for layer 7 or just around its entry point; the layer itself seems from the map like a big vertical fall akin to 3, so there's probably nothing comparable to what we're seeing here. Having a neutral-amicable WW there to be a sort of veteran guide and a proxy to show what the natural hazards of layer 7 are seems ideal. Bring a minion Black Whistle with him just to show what the curse does at that depth, why not.

>but I'm vaguely sure that giraffe explained something about the Narehates in this particular village being delvers who gave up on going deeper

I think he meant that those dwelvers "lost tgeir way" as in fucked up and got burdened/cursed.
Also giraffe seems to know bone dad.
So the daddy atually has been to lvl6 and back.

Probably being transformed into a giant cunt so you could literally go fuck yourself is what he means by "blessings"

>still circlejerking about boner
please stop, his arc ended and he'll be irrelevant from now on

You might be stupid user.
He's helping the kids and talks about how valuable they are because he wants them. He wants a body. Right now he just has a "container".

I wouldnt be co certain of that.
Also i dunno maybe Ozen comes.
I think sge just might, given that the surface is fucked and the funaral names are fallng like rain why the fuck wouldnt she come for a party?
As if she got something better to do.

OH WAIT
The Eldritch Lord might be the masked man.

Something also tells me the village rules may not apply to Faputa

I think you misunderstand.
He wants to smell children, perhaps to play with their guts etc.
Their all bodies are contaners for their desires, its not like he can buy Riko's body and live in her body.

If he could he'd probavly sell riko to somene who'd rape her to death for a lot of stuff that smells nice

But he said "he wanted a body, not a container". The dialogue is a bit confusing but in that panel he is posing like he is afflicted (as much as that can be shown with based giraffe design).

>faputa
>looks like jizz when flying
what did they mean by this

Faputa is the embodiment of value. She also didn't want to go into the village, waiting for Reg outside. It's logical to assume that the protection from curse and law enforcement that the village provides comes with some form of contract dwellers sign with Faputa, or maybe somebody else, but Faputa certainly takes advantage to it.

Faputa vs Ozen who wins?

One punch woman

She seemed to disdain the villagers. Sure, the comment was specifically about "the ones with more than 2 eyes" but that way of referring to the group of narehates in the village is already indicative of the (lack of ) esteem she has for any of that shit. Not saying it means she's unrelated (she obviously isn't), but there's something at play there. If the idea about Faputa being some kind of more essential abyssal being while the curse-made narehates are poor replicas of that comes true, then that might serve as a basis for the lack of respect.

There's also that thing where she's a princess, but I'm not sure if the original JP term for that (did they use 'hime'?) carries any kind of implication that there must be a king or queen.

>carries any kind of implication that there must be a king or queen.

Im pretty sure she just looks down at them like disfigured blobs of shit they are.
>female
>of high social status
>princess
>kind of
I think she isn't literally a noble/royalty, she's probably just the most valuedout there, cnsidering shes the most capable of delivering the value to the willage and selling it for anything she wants.

Would you become an delver? I don't think I would.

If delvers became cave raiders, how are they gonna fuck up translating Narehate?

I want to be Ouzen's shota apprentice

The short answer without unnecessarily blogging is yes

If you live in Orth it's either that or poverty.

moth girl destroys my heart and penis

And your navel

I'll deal in relics. The man who really gets rich in a gold rush is the one selling shovels.