Women with Bachelor's Degrees are Far Less likely to Divorce

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/12/04/education-and-marriage/

Women with bachelor's degrees or higher have a 78% chance of staying married 20 or more years if they do marry.

Women with bachelor's degrees are also far less likely to give birth to children out of wedlock.

Explain how educating women is so bad if the educated women are the ones keeping their marriage vows and the non educated women are the ones not keeping their marriage vows.

A bachelor degree in what though?

probably because they get old without marrying

The ones that do get married stay married.

Maybe thats more of a function of IQ rather than educational attainment? The average college grad has a higher IQ than the average person.

Control for IQ against the general population and I'd suspect the correlation would become negative.

Its probably not necessarily that the woman themselves are better per say, but that they either:
1) make better mate choices (better as in stable, she could be cucking the guy for all we know, but he takes it)
2) they get married later so they have less time to bail out. A young women who marries at 18 knows she can divorce at 26 and still remarry... a college educate women who marries at 32 knows if she divorces at 40... good luck. So she’ll avoid divorce.

Most no fault divorce is initiated by young college graduate women. Really makes you think.

I agree they make stable choices from the education. However with the second I'm not so sure. There are 45 year old women who divorce all the time.

>implying feminists go to college to get married

It's said that if you don't graduate college with your future spouse, you have 1 in 20 chance of getting married. I think the OP's statistic is more of a reflection of the fact that it's necessary to fall in love when you're young. Because once you're in the real world, reality hits you and you're limited to the reality you created. Women want to marry up, when you're in college you think you're going to conquer the world. It's that optimism that will attract women. Once you're set in a job, you lose that sense of invulnerability and become less attractive to women.

>Explain how educating women is so bad if the educated women are the ones keeping their marriage vows and the non educated women are the ones not keeping their marriage vows.

It kills birthrates. Educating women is a tool for population decline.

Just google, "birthrates + female education", have fun.

correlation isn't causation

Women educated in STEM are the only worthwhile ones to keep humanitiesthots btfo.

Yeah im not saying its uncommon im saying its relatively less common than divorces pre-age 30; and college education delays the age of marriage. So.

>women with long term goals have long term relationships.

Gee...

I think its not necessarily “”education”” but the kind of education women are getting. I mean, women learning calculus isn’t the issue. Its the cultural/humanities leftism being slammed into their minds in universities. “I don’t need no man, or kids, and I’ll still be happy...”

I divorced my bachelor degree having wife within 3 years of being married. I also hold a bachelors degree.
AWALT. All women are like that.

>getting married later is better
>despite women being more likely to divorce when they had more sexual partners, which obviously happens if she doesn't marry soon
>despite being less fertile
>despite children having more chances of having health issues

6/10

>I mean, women learning calculus isn’t the issue

It actually is. Any form of female education destroys birthrates, the higher the education, the greater the impact on birthrates.

Then your wife was part of the 22%. I didn't say it was fool proof, just less likely.

No education would make me less likely to have kids because there's more that can go wrong.

Statistics prove you wrong.

Also, tits or fuck off

When did I say its better?

Im just explaining how they didnt control for age at time of marriage and how educated women marrying later introduces a confounding variable.

Thats because the higher the education the higher the exposure to leftist shit and feminist social circles. Also theres a confounding variable here, many women who flat out dont want kids from the get go, pursue higher education, so its a bit of chicken or the egg.

If I'm talking about myself as an individual how are statistics relevant?

Usually how people view themselves is inaccurate so you talking about yourself isnt very relevant.

So instead I should take some random stranger who has never met me in my life's view of myself more seriously?

You should take into account both instead of ignoring one or the other.

Ideally though a study that includes people very similar to you is best.

>Thats because the higher the education the higher the exposure to leftist shit and feminist social circles.

Source needed, I bet it was the same 100 years ago

>So instead I should take some random stranger who has never met me in my life's view of myself more seriously?

>stats about my demographic group are not about me

Yep, you might really be a woman

Except not everyone has the same view of things. If a study said women hate ice cream but I like ice cream should I lie and pretend to hate it just because some study said so?

>Implying everyone in a demographic has to be the exact same replicas

>Implying educated women marry in a comparable number to uneducated women to be a reasonable comparison
>Implying most of them aren't single going well into their 30s or 40s complaining about men not meeting their standards

Thats a shit comparison because in this case its a study about a situation you haven’t been in, you’re saying IF your were less educated then blah blah.

So to fix your analogy, if there was a study that said women don’t like ice cream, and you never had ice cream before, but know you like ice, you’re assuming well I’ll like ice cream because I know I like ice and I know myself. I’m saying you cant be so certain.

I'm using my own sense of logic. I wouldn't want to be financially stranded. Same as I know I wouldn't go swimming in a pool full of sharks.

How did imply that?

If you argue less education would make you have less children, then I can easily prove you that the opposite is most likely to happen if I have stats about it.

What exactly don't you understand?

>I'm using my own sense of logic.
Oh I can see that.

>I'm using my own sense of logic

I think that's the problem. Can you stop?

But I base my choices on logic. Logic says withou an education I'll be more likely to be trapped into poverty with kids.

Women with Bachelor degrees are also significantly less likely to get married in the first place.

That is probably that kind of logic that will make you have less children than poor people.

>If I have more than X children I will be poor

Etc.

Another relevant article.

correction: not less children than poor people but less children than poorly educated people

>too intelligent to win

Educated women know they won't find a man equal to their level so easily. And as biological clock ticks they enter into panic mode and marry first normal guy they end up with after college. And those guys are in majority cases working class stiffs.

>Andrea Gould
>41

Kek. I also love it when women think they are incredibly smart, which is usually the red flag of an idiot

This. IQ reflects precognition, so ability to consider consequences and abstract principles and to self-regulate behaviour. If you have a low IQ you do not think as much beyond the present.

>liberal women finally get married at 35
>proceed to hang on to that dick for dear life

That's basically every college educated woman I've had the displeasure of dating. They pay tens of thousands for a piece of paper that says they're smart, and then they look down on men for not having a piece of paper even if he makes significantly more money that them.

The cunts are fucking delusional.

Except there are women in their 40s who divorce all the time.

>it's said

By who? That's fucking retarded, 80% of women are married at least once in their lifetimes you fucking retard.

Yeah, but usually after having the children.

You already said this and you sound like more of a faggot posting it a second time you quasi-roastie slut

>makes more money
>can't just get an online degree

It's because someone else was delusional to think 30+ women never get divorced.

You think like that becaise you're educated. That's a very modern way of looking at it held exclusively by college educated liberals. "Uneducated" people just get married young and have kida without the ridiculous misconception that they need 100k wages first.

Logic also tells me that without kids you'll be dying alone with no one to care for you in your empty house.

Have kids.

smarter people make better decisions

more news at 11