Kado

So is this the new 2deep4you ending?
Which ending was worse? This one or the original ending to Evangelion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2deep4you
There was nothing deep about it. It was just a cop-out from being left with no good options after too much bad writing.

And the ending to NGE(TV) was great, if a bit strange.

>There was nothing deep about it. It was just a cop-out from being left with no good options after too much bad writing.
It was too deep for you.

I didn't have a favourite character in Evangelion I hated them all equally so as a zaShuninafag Kado's was worse, by far.
Even though I know in my mind that he ascended and didn't die and he'll process all that information eventually I cannot forget his anguish as he died. Since his crying face is the last thing I saw I get the sense he'll suffer for eternity. And it makes me mad.
It only makes it worse that his death was at the hands of an underforeshadowed, rushed Deus ex Machina. I know it's good to break the rules of storytelling sometimes but really I cannot see Yukika as a successful case of that.

>Since his crying face is the last thing I saw I get the sense he'll suffer for eternity.
Director said that both he and Shindo ascended, and that even though it won't be in human form, they will inevitably meet again.
So no eternal suffering, at least, even if a lot of what the production teams said afterwards sounds like damage control.

You can tell zaShu was the favorite character of the production staff by how much kinder they are to him than Nozaki was while writing the show.

>2deep4you ending
nice buzzwords retard. it was straightforward as fuck

I know but that's what I'm complaining about. They didn't make it obvious. In the audience's mind, the last thing they see of the emotional state of a character is true until they see him again. Seeing a bunch of tinkerbell sparkles leave the cocoon or having characters imply he's in 40 dimensional heaven beyond information now is far from enough. Especially for a born and raised fedora like me. I lack the spiritual background to appreciate this and I'm probably not alone.
All it would have taken is to make him die with a content expression on his face. Not while he's crying and running toward his husbando that was just sad.

Supposedly the novel makes it more obvious? I'm not sure, since I've only heard bits and pieces from anons on Sup Forums.
But your argument still stands, since it sucks that a piece of supplementary material is required for any kind of satisfying conclusion for the gayylien. A novel that will never be translated out of its original language.

Does anyone ever use "2deep4you" unironically?

>All it would have taken is to make him die with a content expression on his face.
To be fair, it wasn't really possible. He was still undergoing an enormous psychological shock, which is unpleasant by default. There couldn't be anything peaceful about an experience so overwhelming that it would overload a being of zaShunina's caliber.

>To be fair, it wasn't really possible
I disagree. Just let him reach Shindo's corpse, hold Shindo's hand, then blast him from behind just like in OP. Problem solved.

>hold Shindo's hand,
but that would be lewd.

I don't get why Shindo had to die. If they had this plan all along why the fuck would they go with all this negotiation and fregonics armor shit. zaShunina would still propably be surprised or whatever the fuck by Yukika.

NTR is the worst kind of surprise.

So why'd he rip it out Mortal Kombat style?

He just really, really wanted to overload zaShunina, even if dying was the price to pay to improve zaShunina's experience ever so slightly.
He's crazy. That's all there is too it.

I too got around to finish it only yesterday.
What a bullshit ending it got

Payback

Which one is lewder? Holding your crush's hand, or his heart in your hand?

Heart. It means you've been inside them.

>it means you've been inside them
w-wew

NGE's TV ending was great, and even more iconic than EoE's.

Also, Kaworu > zaCucknina

Kaworu and zaShunina can't be compared imo. Sure they're both alien white haired pretty boy turned antagonist at the last minute but their respective character arcs were like day and night. Same for their relationship with the MC.

Just because it's iconic doesn't mean it's good. I recall it being one of the most infuriating endings to an anime ever just because of how little sense it made.
I think Spike Spencer sums it up the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU

Symbolism. Shindo had ripped his barely formed 40D heart out first, so zaShunina returned the favor.

I stopped watching the second the magical girl showed up, then skimmed the last three episodes, what a stupid pile of shit.

Was the novel ending any better?

The novel is completely different and the entire second half is a mindfuck on the level of House of Leaves.
So take that how you will?

So does he have a dick?

No.

The novel is simultaneously a metafictional sequel and a retelling, so it gets kind of complicated. zaShunina is apparently fine, though.

What do you think?

>Popping an information boner
Someone on the production team said he didn't have genitals.
You think the modelers didn't get that memo?

Obviously they didn't.

>zaShunina is apparently fine, though.
For a given definition of "fine."
I like that it explores some of his creepier aspects.
More dick pics

Please feel free to try and explain itk.

>when you try to fix the ending to your series by way of supplementary material that goes back on all of the decisions made in your finale
Kado keeps getting worse and worse, long after it finished airing.

>Official art has amazing thigh gap but no bulge
>Character model has bulge but no thigh gap
We can't win, can we?

Silly user, his model does have a thigh gap. It's just that you can't see it most of the time because he tends to favor a standing position that keeps his feet and thighs close to one another.

What is even likeable about him aside the Kaworuclone bait design? The fujos in the threads only kept talking about the skintight clothes and feet.

Personally, I really like his character development and concept. He goes from a completely blank slate with no emotions and progressively learns to become more human, but retains his very alien way of thinking.
He's cute in his behaviors when interacting with things (phone, bread, etc) and he's creepy in his "information-based" mentality.
His character design is nice, yes, but it's the emotional development that made me a fan.

They said he didn't have a gender, because the anisotropics are a genderless and sexless species. His human body was male, though.

They said his human body was essentially a mannequin.

This basically, those are probably my favourite character arcs in all of fiction. When the emotionless robot/blank slate/wooden toy becomes human.
The bishonen design, skintight clothes, and feet are just the cherry on top.

The reviews said this dichotomy shines in the novel too, as zaShunina contemplates everything from mundane family conflicts to computer science and murder. He also has an interesting opinion about fiction writers.
>The living beings known as fiction writers are all mentally ill to some degree.

Were zaShu's gifts really are mistakes? Sure I don't need Nanomis-Hein but the rest definitely bring more benefits than risks at short and long term. Everything got straight up rejected though sheer violence still got me to this day.

>The living beings known as fiction writers are all mentally ill to some degree.
I love self-deprecating humor.
Also, zaShunina has no place calling anyone mentally ill. Just saying.

Just started reading Childhood's End. You guys weren't lying, Kado completely rips this off.

Strictly speaking, he wasn't mentally ill. There wasn't any inherent issue with his mental wiring; all his problems were caused by a harmful foreign agent that invaded his system (human emotions). He basically got poisoned.

They weren't, don't take Saraka's opinion at face value. She's just like a poltard who can't stand it whenever a kebab opens in the neighborhood. She can't stand the "purity" of her microcosme being polluted by external influence, positive or not.
Think of those african kids who could study in the evening thanks to the wam providing them with light. They can't now, the kid could have went on to become good enough to pursue studies, but yeah nope, humanity gotta stay humanity, thanks Saraka.

No, he wasn't mentally ill. But he also doesn't have the context to make judgments on the mental state of humans, either.

Childhood's End is the quintessential grandfather of all first contact stories. It's so logical and sensible that all of them have to resemble it to a certain extent, simply because it makes sense.

Depends, some people do consider love to be a mental illness. There are admittedly a lot of similarities.

>yandere
>not mentally ill

zaShunina's newly found emotions and personality collapse would have prevented the human-alien coexistence from working anyway. Saraka might have unwittingly fastened his emotional breakdown, but he was in no state to manage human progress anymore.

>applying human standards on an alien
Love in general is alien for him. He was just trying to navigate a completely unfamiliar experience.

>zaShunina's newly found emotions and personality collapse would have prevented the human-alien coexistence from working anyway.
zaShunina being the most op being around should have been a sign that the negotiation with him will always ended up to be on his advantage.
Back when Shindo arming himself in ep 11 I was optimistic enough to believe that he would demand a negotiation on equal ground. But the poor writing remained its consistency anyway.

The guy in the photo looks like Tommy Wiseau

zaShunina was already gone when Saraka told her daughter to make all anisotropic gifts useless.

Ninacucks are mentally damaged defending this crap

Thank you for your opinion.

I won't deny it, some shows are like abusive husbands. Something resembling Stockholm Syndrome is at play here.

Love yourself, drop this crap.

>drop a series that's already over
okei

The could be no equal ground. You had two different species with completely different standards and priorities, both of them struggling to comprehend each other and both of them behaving irrationally (humans because it's their nature and zaShunina because he was in the middle of an emotional breakdown). As Mifune and others said several times, in situations like this it doesn't even matter if you have good intentions or not, because the communication baseline is already off.

Humanity needed his knowledge and perspective for a proper oversight. Letting humans play with Nanomis-hein without any outside control would be a recipe for disaster.

The mental breakdown is the result of Kojiro abandoning him. So if he could calm zaShunina down, then zaShu probably can finally listen to the demands. What else is impossible to solve if the mentality remained stable?

Keeping one or two nanomis hein and keeping the wam sounds like a good compromise to me. Dropping everything is just the easy way out.

Get rid of nanomis-hein, keep wam and sansa.
Those two alone would be enough for the world to advance on its own exponentially.

OH
MY
HALF ANISOTROPIC BABY

It's "anisotropic child", you mong. At least meme properly.

Both the Wam and Sansa still needed zaShunina to be around and oversee their use. He calmed down the situation considerably by making them freely available, but there was still the unspoken threat of what would zaShunina do if humans became too aggressive towards each other.

>there was still the unspoken threat of what would zaShunina do if humans became too aggressive towards each other.
I never got that at any point. What makes you think so?

The Nips have mostly deciphered the anisotropic words in the show.
>Ninovo: visit
>Novo: anisotropic
>Unocle: mind/heart/spirit/intention
>Wam: core/nucleus
>Rotowa: polity
>Tetlok: move
>Ekuwari: introduction
>Sansa: metaphorical eye
>Talnel: dignity
>Nanomis-hein: binary editor (?)

And from the book:
>Kusalis: cut-off
>Wamyuno: disillusionment/stimulation
>Watam: peer
>Misaniwa: fluency
>Noiluk: gene
>Sostom: hold
>Miaha: name
>Nenowam: plan
>Nanmenelk: substitute revelation/principle
>Sanolel: list
Yaha-kui zaShunina, Towanosakiwa, Wanolal, Honovo and Yukika are still unclear (not enough data to decipher).

Kado's is the worst ending in the history of anime. I marathoned the whole series in one night because the first eight or so episodes were fantastic, I was enjoying every minute of it, an interesting anime with plenty of metaphysics and mindfuck that started off with a genre bait-and-switch. The first two thirds of the show were mature and didn't rely on shitty anime tropes, and I loved that... then the rushed, god-awful ending happened that turned everything totally on its head and was just complete and utter shit, ending with a garbage mary sue that they pulled out of their ass just to kill off zaShunina because they made him too broken to get rid of any other way, then that character promptly fucks off to the afterlife immediately after accomplishing the sole purpose they wrote her in for. I have never seen an anime with such promise bomb so fucking hard at the end.

>Towanosakiwa
That was the names of the anisotropes at the beginning of episode 10 all smushed together.
>Yaha-kui zaShunina
If his name actually has a meaning instead of a random string of syllables, that's going to be really interesting and might shed some more light on who he is as a character.

>So is this the new 2deep4you ending?
But how when it was a simple Bullshit deus ex machina ending.

this is the shitiest anime I ever saw

That's the general consensus.
A number of us still like the series as a whole. We do acknowledge its faults, but we try not to let the ending sour the experience as a whole.
That said, the novel actually appears to be a very different and very interesting beast in itself.
And some of us just like zaShunina.

Because ascending to a higher plane of existence!
Symbolism with the cranes!
Hakase going to the anisotropic and promising to be back later, so our toys may not be gone forever after all!
zaShunina and Shindo getting reunited in the afterlife even though zaShunina literally CAN'T die, so he just reached anisotropic enlightenment or something and ascended that way
I ain't saying it's great. It was very bad. However, it could easily have worked without changing any of the story beats if it had been approached in a slightly different manner.
Proper foreshadowing, for one, could have gone a long way toward fixing the ending.

You don't watch much anime, then.

What the hell was up with the ring? Where did it come from? Why did it break? She said it was a promise or something? Did she always know she was an aniso or did she think she was a human? Was this aniso being just being randomly born into people for millions of years and just happened to have the lucky chance of being in this specific person at the exact right time they needed to be? Are there any answers to this asspull or am I wasting my brain power trying to understand bullshit writing?

>Give away 16 years of your life raising friend's daughter
>Nobody appreciates your effort
>Not even allowed to recognize her as your daughter
>She doesn't even like you

I feel bad for Hanamori.

King Cuck.

Watching zaShunina get his ass whooped was one of the most satisfying scenes in recent memory.

Towanosakiwa actually has two meanings: the anisotropic discussion group from that episode and the Japanese phrase "beyond the eternity". And since the anisotropics are literally eternal, it fits.

Hanamori was the real cuck of the show. zaShunina got his deepest wish and has a literal eternity to solve his relationship issues, but Hanamori just got used by a latent sociopath.

Humans judged him by their standards since day one. We all make our judgements based on what we know.

Sauce? Because the Febri interview said zaShunina's production image was that of a young man. The androgyny came mainly from his behaviour and expressions.

Both were trash

Maybe if you're a Sarakafag, in other words, have the worst taste ine the known universe.

Saraka got BTFO too in the end.
>boyfriend just wanted to create a surprise weapon
>opted to commit suicide for the alien's sake and fuck off to ascended alien land instead of becoming a family man on Earth

It was worse than Kill the Moon

I want to know how the novel ends. I know second half contains a lot of mindscrew but still...

It's not like anybody forced her to make a kid. She still did it because she agreed and both her love for Shindo and her earthfaggotry took precedence. She deserves to be BTFO.
Moreover, I can't believe what this bitch said to Shindo before Shindo went against zaShunina.
>lel, this guy looks like he's in love with you, what a retard
>it's probably not love though, he's just an anisotropic being so he couldn't possibly feel that
Like, wow, hey kettle.

She's a hypocrite. Shindo is a hypocrite. They're perfect for each other.

>Asano

What. Why is he even there?

Indeed, at least best girl (female) Natsume got spared. I just wish I could say the same of Hanamori.
Hopefully he'll find himself a cute young and plump bear who's into oyajis.

It's a mystery. He had literally no purpose. Makes you wonder why this guy got a 3D model but JSDF guy didn't.