This show is making me irrationally angry. Never before did I have to pause so many times in a single episode...

This show is making me irrationally angry. Never before did I have to pause so many times in a single episode, let alone a first episode.

At least you understand you're being irrational. That's a good start.

>literally US GAMERS the show

There is a bunch of elements that one can relate to in the show, but it's just weird that the school idol would throw her status out in the wind just because she wants to play games at school. Let alone she would stain herself by approaching the class weirdo.

I had a good chuckle at the cs:go portion

But it's not. The MC does not want to associate with the "gamers".

That's the wish-fulfilment part.

There's nothing wrong with wish fulfillment but I wish they didn't go with the full "Perfect school aidoru with perfect looks, grades, and athletics" trope.

Her ass isn't that nice though, probably because of sitting too much. Or because ln artist just can't draw asses.

I'd like to think of her as a kind of Umaru that's not that interested in appearences and more interested in games.

I just try to close my eyes for the wish fullfillment bit, it's very hard to watch anime if your don't nearly close your eyes.. to about everything.

Comparing her to Umaru really drives the point of how garbage the premise is.

>hey, MC kun, I, the school's idol hot blonde gamer girl would like to give you the chance to make friends, do something productive and possibly get laid if you play your cards right all just because somehow you seem really interesting when you fiddle around on your phone
>no way, fag
Guy's a fucking legend.

I laughed hard at tsundere moment

>no way, fag
More like
>n-n-n-n-o, I-Im sory b-but I-I h-h-have to r-refuse. S-Sorry!!!

Based as fuck. Screw those hardcores, games are meant to be fun

She also didn't say it like that, it was a hyperbole. Point is, he refused and stuck with his choice even in the face of a crying girl, that's an amazing feat for a romcom anime protagonist.

>gachashit
>fun
user please.

I don't understand why are you trying to force this. He's your average betamax faggot. He'll joing them next episode anyway.

It perfectly captures the awkwardness and embarrassment of being a teenage loser with no friends.

join*

Did you just decide what's fun or not for that user?

I'm not forcing anything, I just really didn't expect this development. I was sure the show would just smoothly progress into a generic harem, this time with a vidya gimmick and I'm sure it will get there eventually but then it goes and does something like that.

Also, is it just me or does the childhood friend (?) have a chance this time?

>eventually
It will get there next episode

Fucking Koreans

Had our 16 year old selves been in his shoes, we would have performed similarly, if not the same.

She wasn't immediately tossed aside in favor of the cute girl in the front cover. She's got more chance than most.

That and you could interpret his actions as "I'd rather play casual games with her that join the club".

I kinda did. I was very dense when I was younger.

Once I figured out that the main character was voiced by a girl, I've been enjoying the show a lot more by pretending it's a yuri rom-com

The hot girl makes me want to give this a chance. Who knows, if this becomes like umaru then we'lll have doujins a plenty.
Before I dive in though, is it funny at least?

Fun things are fun.

Well, here is the problem with the series from a setting/world perspective. Basically, the author has no idea what it takes to be popular or to achieve high social status, to the point where you could be called the school's idol.

Karen's actions and very character are entirely unrealistic-- not in that she has a nerdy hobby, but in that she is not socially conscious enough to understand the implications of that hobby and why she would have to hide it from the general population if she wanted to maintain her idol status. Her further obliviousness to social norms (like, having conversations that will lower her social status in public) are completely unrealistic.

If she lacked as much social sense as we have been shown thus far, she would never be able to make the ascent to popularity to begin with-- being popular is hard. It does not just happen unless you have the personality for it, even if you have the looks. If you have the looks but not the personality, you will have admirers, yes, but you will never rise to the apex that Karen is supposed to have reached.

Further, as a girl gamer being oblivious to the stigma surrounding video games is completely absurd. Karen supposedly grew up around people, she should have experienced at least some degree of criticism and ostracism for her hobby already-- that she has not is entirely bizarre and breaks the setting. Granted, she is not a real character, just a wish-fulfilling robot, like most bad anime girls. It's sad that Gamers! missed the mark here, since she would have been cooler if she was hiding her powerlevel.

How so

>Guy's a fucking legend.
This.

I thought the first episode was pretty fun, but apparently it will dive into misunderstandings later on and set the games part aside.

If anime were realistic we wouldn't be watching it. Karen being unrealistic is the very point of this show because it presents the viewer with a setting where the popular girl - who obviously would not be interested in someone like MC (or the viewer for that matter) - gets romantically involved with the MC.

which is exactly why i cant watch anymore of this, too many awful memories

I disagree. Take for example, OreImo. Kirino is essentially an idol and her whole dilemma is that she has to hide her dorky hobby. That is what gives her impetus to rely on her brother. This is later expounded on when they include the division caused by Glasses that estranged their brother/sister relationship. In ToraDora the idol still has all of her image stuff going on. In fact, many shows have grounded the popular protagonist in the context of their world.

Gamers doesn't. We would still be watching it if it were just about his online friend and him getting closer-- we did not need the literal most popular girl in the school to like him, and even if we did, it would have worked realistically.

Actually, I am more interested in his relationship with that other girl, the pink haired idiot one, she seems fun.

>we did not need the literal most popular girl in the school to like him, and even if we did, it would have worked realistically.
It depends on what they're trying deliver. Some in the audience might like her to be the most popular girl and her disregarding her social status might as well contribute to her character. If they had her be secretive about it like Ami or Kirino it would have resulted in a different archetype.

>Actually, I am more interested in his relationship with that other girl, the pink haired idiot one, she seems fun.
I'm fairly certain she's firmly paired with the other guy.

>Does the childhood friend (?) have a chance this time?
user stop, you'll only hurt yourself walking this path. I've walked it too many times myself to let you do this.

He starts his own casual gamers club.

Aside from osananajimi my favorite archetypes include tomboys and oneechans, I'm already numb to the pain. It'll probably have an open ending anyway.

She's not his childhood friend.

Who is she then? I don't think she got properly introduced yet.

Just his net game friend, favorite game dev and also genderbent version of MC.

Oh well in that case she's got this in the fucking bag.

Not really, hope you enjoy MISUNDERSTANDINGS.

Love to hate them.

>genderbent version of MC.
So, neither of them will be virgins?

>the MC is a casual mobileshit "gamer"
fucking DROPPED

I mean, I found the MC frustrating as fuck, because he's literally limiting mind: the character, but
>Never before did I have to pause so many times
Are you one of those losers on here who has to pause the show and get up and walk around when you feel embarrassed? I do not get that shit at all.

Him still not having played fucking AC4 yet was the only thing I will never forgive.

being an anime about games, and with glasses guy supposed to be good, it would be nice if they looked at what cs actually looks like at a reasonable level. you know, basic stuff, put the enemies in a reasonable place, give glasses guy reasonable reactions.
and then he goes and starts playing with a controller.
but the target market isn't cs players is it.
its an anime for casuals
I just realised. fuck

I'm more surprised nobody else even talked much about it here.
guess that just means everyone here is a casual

I thought I was the only one. I feel a bit more normal now.

If this make you angry, I have to wonder how you'd respond to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien?

Series of this genre have so many dipshit MCs. Y'should be used to it by now.

>Just tells then off with the most straight face possible because they're too fucking tryhard, despite being extremely socially awkward

Omega.

I used to do that when I was younger. I'd get up and leave during kiss scenes in movies. I thought I was over it.

Then I watched Watamote.

I loved it. The MC stayed true to his principles and didn't let himself get swept up in the whims of the slut "gamer gurl" who offered him nothing in return for filling her neediness.

There aren't too many club anime that have managed to avoid the small set of retarded stereotypes that every other anime abuses. I was pleasantly surprised at his answer and the outcome at the end of the episode.

>slut
No, she's prime genetic material.

She's a slut.

cute

Is the blonde a legit nice girl? She doesn't have a secret face or something? I found that a bit hard to believe

She's a female. What do you think?