Wizard's Soul

Oh hey, edgy card game updated.

The only edgy thing about this series is the MC. She's the darkness itself.

And that's what makes it great.

>oh, I won again
>I hate this stupid game anyway
>mom will never come back
>life sucks
How does one even come with a MC like this?

I still have to understand why a blue deck is "evil" by this author's standard.

It's not evil, just annoying to play against.

It's not "evil" it's the definition of "I hate fun".

But that's wrong. At least, I never got that impression myself, and I played a good deal of tournaments back in the day. Could it be only something that happened in the latest years? I actually haven't played a proper match since 2003 or 2004...

It's not just any blue deck that's being positioned as not very fun to play against, its specifically permission decks.

Which admittedly haven't been a big thing in standard Magic for a long time now, like late 90's early 2000's at the latest.

>when you're so edgy your speech bubbles are black

No more evil than black.

Permission with control side deck.

Her mother is even edgier than her.

Cat a cutie.

Suffering helps your draws.

>MC finally beats her mom
>Mom dies

This is why MC becomes edgy

>MC finally beats her mom
She never did and the game left a bad taste in her mouth.

It was actually that MC convinced herself (due in no small part to the fact that her mother was a terrible parent) that her mom would die unless she could beat her. She never could so card games are basically ptsd for her.

Huh, I thought mom is being edgy to extend her life, guess she could only be edgy for so long

I guess Mom was so edgy that she cut into her own life force. Too bad.

That was only what Manaka thought.

Her mother thought, that it was because she was dying that she had good draws and won. And because she just kept winning against MC as she got sicker and sicker she seemed to believe that more and more. MC wanted to beat her to prove that she still had the chance of living.