Why aren't there shows about high school boys acting like retards and trying desperately to get laid and failing...

Why aren't there shows about high school boys acting like retards and trying desperately to get laid and failing miserably? That would be a lot more relatable and fun then "boring , beta motherfuck somehow gets super hot girlfriend"

I think that would cause a mass suicide of otakus.

Why do you want this when every second Western show is like that?

So, like Love Lab with guys?

Prison School

because everything is better in 2d

>So, like Love Lab with girls?

>characters trying to get laid and failing miserably
>complaining about the main character being beta.

Bro, lets be honest. If you are actually trying to get laid and failing, you're already a beta.

If the women aren't hitting on you, you're already a beta. Stop with this beta nonsense. The MC of that show is basically a normal guy.

This show is surprisingly not terrible.

i think his point is beta guys recieving what they are supposed to recieve and not maigcally getting lucky. not that its always a bad idea, but its get lucky is overused. anyway, the best solution is actually simply not complaining about that kind of stuff and paying attention to any other type of anime where you dont have to care about main guy being beta or alpha, but well developed plot.

Beavis & Butthead already exists.

There's manga about it

Green Green was one of the worst anime ever made though.

Nichijou high school boys

Too real, Japan makes anime as a form of escapism because of how shitty their personal lives are thanks to their culture

GTO sortof

>Why aren't there shows about high school boys acting like retards and trying desperately to get laid and failing miserably?

I think you just answered your own question. No one wants to see a guy act like a retard and fail all the time. It feels insulting to the audience.

watch more anime
read more manga

Western shit polluting 2D is not good.

Yeah that's why everyone hate Pokemon

Nice hyperbole.

I think anime presenting the ideal life as a form of escapism makes things even worse for loser viewers.

That way, the loser viewer is more inclined to envy the ideal situation presented in anime.

If anime were to be more realistic about the hard work and effort of life, then the losers would actually do something about their real lives.

That way they wouldn't compare themselves to an unattainable standard.

However, I think live action dramas already serve the more down to earth approach, but people tend to watch drama or anime, not both.

>MC isn't a completely boring, beta faggot
>notGalko has a decent personality and doesn't like MC just for plot-related reasons

This turned out better then expected

it's just no an anime. srry user. it's called The Inbetweeners.

>acting like retards and trying desperately to get laid and failing miserably
>that would be a lot more relatable
Relatable to who? I'm not sure you're part of the target audience friendo

>That way, the loser viewer is more inclined to envy the ideal situation presented in anime.

That's the point. That's what sells merch. Losers fall in love with the story and the situation and they can't stop thinking about it and fantasizing about how they would do things differently if they were in the MC's shoes. And because they love the situations (which will never happen in real life), they will by merch and buy DVDs and be content with the fact that even though they can never live it, they can own merchandise that reminds them about it until the next otaku bait anime comes out and grabs them by the balls and wallets..

You must hate Woody Allen films.

So is the censorship on purpose here?

It looks so fucking shitty that,I can't tell if it's there for comedic effect or not

There's an uncensored airing user, iirc horroblesubs version is censored.

Pacing in manga is shit, but I see they took some of the later chapters that served as intros and shoved it into this episode so I have some hope for this series

>MC is a betafag
>asks for help from friendly Chad
>ends up getting laid, making friends, getting fit, and having a gf, without having to give up his otaku hobbies like anime or video games
>last line is "wow, all I had to do is try"

>>asks for help from friendly Chad
cue the mass suicide