>guy walks in on girl changing
>girl apologises for not locking the door

>tells his friends about it
>she gets bullied for being a slut, kills herself
>boy feels guilty, becomes depressed
>drops out of school

>Its some kind of 5 on 5 tournament, first to team to 3 wins is the victor
>the MC's match against the bad guy scheduled for last of course.
>MC's team wins 4-1 without the MC and big bad getting to fight, very anticlimactic.

>she has a dick
>but he's blind

>first to team to 3 wins is the victor
>>MC's team wins 4-1 without the MC and big bad getting to fight
You're not even following your own rules. This is stupid.

>girl doesn't call him a baka
>girl can't call him anything at all
>guy has cut girl's vocal chords
>girl cannot call for help

>first to team to 3 wins is the victor
>MC's team wins 4-1
What?

This literally never happens

He probably meant 3:1. Otherwise it would have been 5 matches, and the MC would have gotten his match.

A lot of the time it's a public changing room or bath or something like that that you don't lock and which men don't go in to begin with.

>Guy explains what his powers do mid battle
>He's lying his ass off
>No one believes him anyway

yea, i fucked up.

But it's not really anticlimactic. Typically when this happens, the teams get a second match a few dozen volumes further into the story. I think Prince of Tennis has it happen.

ive never seen it happen, and it certainly feels anticlimactic to me, not getting to see the MC and bad guy duke it out.

As I said, it's build-up for the second time.

>MC does not house a demon/god in his soul.
>his lineage is nothing special.
>hes not destined for anything via prophecy.
>his weapons and techniques are things anyone could use with training.

Happens in Index II when Accelerator walks in on loli mikoto and some other girl changing. Loli mikoto gets mad but the other girl apologies for not locking the door.

like i said, ive never seen it happen,can you point be to some shonen thats done it(not prince of tennis though, i'm hetero)

>MC get isekai'd
>He is not the chosen one
>All alone
>Ordinary normal MC with no special power
>Failed to do anything spectacular in this new world
>Return back to his original home unchanged

>MC gets by genuine hard work
Seriously, I hate how DBZ and Narutard went and said
>You can do anything with hard work
And then go and make the MC some super special fucker.

>not prince of tennis though,
Then I'm out of ammunition. Most team sports manga I read have the team cooperating, not playing individual matches.

>DBZ
Dragonball was a gag manga from the beginning. You shouldn't have expected anything else. DBZ literally started by making Goku special. You shouldn't have expected anything else.

>The chance of success is 1%
>It fails

DBZ still does a good job of it despite Goku being a Saiyan. He's only as strong as he is because he trains 24/7 where as a character like Gohan who has more potential and natural strength becomes a weak piece of shit because he never trains.

The reason I said DBZ was because when Vegeta was shittalking Goku, Goku said something along the lines of
>You can do anything with hard work

But for Vegeta and Goku it holds true. So what's the problem?

The human characters, especially Tien, work or have worked as hard Goku pre-super saiyan. Yet they all got trashed in the saiyan saga.

>I was hoping to avoid it, but we have to use "that"
>using this technique reduces my lifespan severely
>attack is successfully pulled off
>MC croaks

I love older casts.

Again, that's basically the premise of DBZ.

Hunter x Hunter
White Album

This never fucking happens user you know it

Watch more anime.

Fuck you bitch give me more cakes

>MC finish training with mentor
>Their lives are threatened
>MC dies
>Mentor becomes the new MC

Fund it.

>MC goes super saiyan, but his transformation is purely cosmetic and he doesn't actually get stronger

>MC uses his lifespan-reducing technique
>opponent tries to stall as much as possible to avoid MC's superpowered form
>time runs out and MC turns into a shriveled old man
>series is now about MC dealing with the fact that he threw away fourty years of his life in a vain effort

I'd watch that

Gin Ichimaru did that.

>Its a fantasy adventure
>MC cucks the guard to the Princess.

Shame that whenever anything comes close to this it turns into "MC had a secret OP power" within a few volumes/seasons.

Golden Time. Also Sakura Quest if all you want is women of legal age. Also Genshiken, I guess.

DEFINITELY Sakura Quest. Also New Game, minus the main girl, but they all look like they're 12.

I'd swear I've watched/read something where this exact thing happened, but I can't remember what it was. It was one of those "tomboy warrior woman who's oblivious to her own sexuality" kind of things.

Konosuba LNs. Also kind of happens in Zero no Tsukaima.

>MC has no natural aptitude for combat or any special powers
>compensates by being a sneaky, dirty-fighting motherfucker

Konosuba

>the MC is not the strongest member of the party
Index.
Date a Slut.
Almost any other battle harem series.
Boku no Hero.
Hunter x Hunter
Full Metal Alchemist
Medaka Box
Future Dairy

This thread is not about stuff that never happens. It's about cliche breaking, ie; stuff that normally doesn't happen.

I actually just got tired of listing things. The MC win weak and retarded in A LOT of stories. It's hardly a cliche.

Actually, the protagonist having the most boring power (and the most boring personality) of the team is very much a cliche.

Um, what? Are you retarded? The OP is talking about the MC being the weakest character.

I wasn't talking about the MC being weakest, just not being the strongest, as is the case in most popular shonen(dragonball z, bleach, one piece, naruto)

The MC isn't weak in a lot of stories, simply retarded. If he IS weak, he tends to not be [actually] weak he just ~looks~ weak.

>Title drop
>It's the name of a character's ultimate final ability
>It's the antagonist's not protagonist's

>~word~
Yeah, you're retarded for sure.
Anyway, the point you were trying to make is that it's a cliche that MC is the strongest "member of the party". You got a list of a many stories where that's not the case, in fact, it happens very often, thus is not a cliche.

The MC being weak, and the MC not being the strongest aren't the same thing.

Reminder, lurk 20+ years before posting.

For something to be a cliche, it doesn't need to be omnipresent. It just needs to be present in a sufficiently large part of the total set of available media for people to recognize it and think "not again".
The presence of the romance genre does not mean that there is no action genre. There are sufficiently many stories with action that you can summarize them and say: yep, those share one category.

See .

Not him, but I think they mean 'not the strongest in the group, even at the end of a story'. Negi might've been (possibly) weaker than Eva at the end of Negima, but he was stronger than everyone else in his Alra Alba, including people who started out way higher up than him, as Eva and Jack were not part of his group.

>thus is not a cliche
Wrong. The childhood friend with a crush is a cliche, but there are many stories where the childhood friend does not have a crush, or is a rival, or doesn't exist at all.

Gai did go up against Madara just with just hard work

Cliche means something that's overused. Something can't be overused if it's only used on average.

Get off this site until you at least have a basic vocabulary and understand the words you're using.

>Action
>No action

The generic crusading paladin who wants to protect all that is good is a cliche even when he's never a thing anymore.

>Not him
Confirmed for him. Didn't bother reading past this part of your post.

Sure is summer.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/cliche
>A phrase or opinion that is overused
Can you just stop already. Accept that you are wrong and get on with your life.

>Something can't be overused if it's only used on average.
Yes, it can. If 50% of the dishes you are served are pasta, that's way too much pasta.

Your problem is that you don't understand the term overused.

>thread derailed by one retard who thinks if something is not present in 100% of a genres storys then its not a cliche.

ohh well.

>en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/cliche
>1.1 A very predictable or unoriginal thing or person.

The irony is this post is absolutely great.
You're so retarded you think saying "not him" is actually something you should say, ever. Knowing that your word is not proof of anything over the internet. Meaning, you are not only new to this site, but you are new to the internet as a whole. So you're the "summer" here.

Why don't you do the same? Cliches are overused because people are, essentially, tired of seeing them, that's why it's not a cliche for the hero to defeat the bad guy at the end but it's a cliche for the moustache-twirling vizier to secretly be the guy ruining everything.

Sure, but did he win? Unlike most manga and anime, I actually want the MC to win purely by working hard, no super powered bullshit or pure luck.

You're not even able to use full stops correctly. Why the fuck do you think you have the right to preach at anyone?

Don't respond to that guy. He's been breaking threads for years with his autism.

He's probably writing a fanfiction people called cliche

>changing the argument.

yep, you are a retard, take this (you).

I've never seen him before, does he only stick to certain threads or something?

No, the thread is derailed because one retard can't accept he's wrong and will refuse to let it go.

The term over used is based on averages, e.g. math. It's not just "waah i don't like this anyone more so it's a cliche".

You sound just like I did when I first came onto Sup Forums and thought it was a place to act like an edgy retarded asshole. Just stop posting. Lurk for a couple of years first.

He got famous in the Madoka threads, apparently. I don't browse them so I don't know the specifics. But it's easy to summon him if you say a certain name.

Wait, is this fucking crack-kun?

>The term over used is based on averages, e.g. math
No it isn't fucking lmao; mathematics would mean that if anything is used in more than one story, that's overused, because it is now being used more than other elements in that story. If the vizier is the villain in 20% of stories but the king is the villain in 10% then the vizier being the villain would be a cliche. This would be true if it were 2% and 1% respectively as well, as long as (50+0)% of story elements are used in less than 2% of stories.

hes not me baka.

>e.g. math.
That would mean you have a formula. If you don't, then there is no math. Your point is empty.
Also, read the posts you respond to. Retard.

?

don't be so mad

Sometimes I wonder if you are doing this all as some grand joke that nobody other than you can comprehend.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They each have their entrances and their exits, and autists in particular play the Fool.

>your proof does not count cause im to dumb to understand it, coulda been a decent thread.

Then what the point of making him MC in the first place? MC is supposed to be special, since you know, author choose him to be MC because he is more interesting than your average Joe.

how about an MC who is interesting by his own merit, Guts is a good example.

The MC isn't inherently special, but he can still be interesting. Obviously that one doesn't quite work with shonen type stories where the point is that you have to be inherently special to stand up to the lesser deities that are endbosses, but it works fine in seinen stories and such. I mean most of the top dogs in government or leading the way in science are very intelligent, but they're functionally speaking 'normal'.

>MC is supposed to be special, since you know, author choose him to be MC because he is more interesting than your average Joe
Characters can't be interesting unless they're some speshul snowflake - you

>an important character is in imminent danger
>no one shows up to save them at the last second and they die

>MC meets up with the big bad for the final battle
>he shows up already in his final form
>instantly unleashes his most powerful attack
>boss dies instantly since he thought they where going to wear the kid gloves and first then slowly ramp it up for 15 chapters

Can you please get a trip? I like you and I want to read all your comments on the archive. I definitely don't want to filter you.

based mods