Why is it that the greatest light novels of all times aren't receiving full anime adaptations?

Why is it that the greatest light novels of all times aren't receiving full anime adaptations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust_(magazine)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Konosuba is just gag, and barely funny.

Financially not sound

Zero no Maria deserves 2 fucking seasons, 25 episodes in each.

Konoshitters are cancer.

>Haruhi within the top 10 all time best selling anime
>10 novel has the 2nd highest 3 week sales record
>Novel is in the top ~7 best selling all time

Delete yourself.

Author block

Kadokawa jews want a novel to promote with the anime. No new novel, no anime.

>all those trash LN
>greatest LN
sure is summer here

Spoonfeed some good ones then. Someday summerfags are going to became winterpus anyway.

>Haruhi
>Not financially sound

>started browsing Sup Forums post 2010
>calls others summerfags

but you do find it funny.

if you ever read it properly you should know it's written in a way that it's not possible to adapt it in a visual medium, nor anime neither manga

P2 please.

I don't have it

Like konosuba and haruhi have proven, LN adaptations are all 2 season commercials. They adapt 20% of the story to get people to like the characters. They have no plans of making continuations. All that matters is that the LN sells. That's why I steer clear of all LN adaptations.

>make Haruhi season three
>remind the oldfags of anime why they fell in love with Haruhi
>make all the newfags fall in love with Haruhi
>billions and billions of dollars in sales

OP you seem confused, if you're really talking about the greatest light novels of all time your pic should have toaru majutsu no index, heavy object, intellectual village no zakishi warashi, and waltraute-san no konkatsu jijou

But Monogatari seems to be getting fully adapted

>KonoSuba
>the greatest
Pick one

What LN that I haven't read yet should I read?

>Index
>Good

Is there 1 (one) LN with good prose?

Monogatari

Welcome to the NHK

Welcome to the NHK is a literary masterpiece and should be nominated for a Nobel Literature Prize. No other piece of fiction ever has been able to convey what it means to be insecure as accurately. It was written by someone who hit rock bottom, and he either achieved amazing understanding of the human condition or the book is just a stream of consciousness of a man plagued with a broken soul.

I don't know about the book, the anime was nothing special though

the anime was pretty good but it was watered down a lot. It still was pretty great though. The manga also is watered down and it is also filled with anime bullshit.

They don't care about making quality materials and complete stories. They only care about selling for profit.

>it's a delusional indexfag episode

>NHK
>LN

Dunno, I prefer anime companies to try another original work instead of beating three uninteresting dead horses.

Japan is stupid and sucks at capitalism. Even though all of those were big hits and would be big hits with more seasons, they'd rather adapt other LNs that are unproven.

I hope this is bait

S3 is around the time it reaches diminishing returns.
Some series don't reach that point that early, like Monogatari. SAO is another example, because it performed consistently well, it's getting a full adaptation.

99% of LNs are shit anyways. It's the trashiest medium known to man.

No, that title goes to Asian web comics and novels that aren't Japanese.

Haruhi is actually engaging in later chapter though. Sasaki animated when?

These.
Even Monogatari has experienced sharp drops but when you're starting with an average of 78k sales (and I imagine that correlates well with merchandise) it's a guaranteed profit.

Web comics at least require a certain level of artistic talent.
LNs are shit, because the bar is set so low for the industry that literally anyone can write their own LN. It might be the cheapest form of media to produce right now.

Light novels are all pretty bad, at least Haruhi has an intertwining storyline, and pretty interesting plot.

This meme again, you can simply carry your manga by drawing few sexy girls+suck a few cocks here and there and thats it.

You're absolutely delusional if you think its easier to get your work/LNs published especially now with all the ridiculous competition+isekai. Even those subhumans at narou have to work their asses off to acquire points and get in the 1% out of tens of thousands who get to have their work published

Haruhi has an average of 700k sales per novel with the tenth novel being the best selling light novel on Amazon Japan.

Well, Anime is a way to promote the LN. Most of the target market already has bought said LN and reached a peak of popularity.
They were too good that it doesn't make sense financially to have a new season. Maybe just OVAs

>posting THAT Kazuma

You need to draw to make manga. It's a harder industry to survive in, if you read any interview of people who worked in multiple industries, they'll attest to this.

Competition for LNs doesn't even matter, anybody can get their shit published, the cost to print those 300-600 yen LNs is low, and writers get paid like shit and they deserve it because most of them have terrible writing.

Spice and Wolf's execution was pretty shoddy. If you watch the subs, you might as well be watching a LN with some pretty pictures in between.

That being said, I loved it.

We're getting Monogatari since Aniplex/Kodansha gave SHAFT a blank check for adapting everything Nisio.

I fucking love Index, but please don't pretend it's anything but entertaining garbage.

Reread OP; he said GOOD light novels.

Was his pic unrelated then?

And it experienced a 50% drop in disc sales between seasons. With S3 being released 8+ years later it's easy to imagine it under-performing. Also, as mentioned in the first post, the author stopped writing so there is no novel to advertise with a new production.

Some of them are just hard to adapt so they only get a partial adaptation like Horizon or none at all like ZW.
Though now that I think about it, the only LN I know of to get a full adaptation was Shana and they messed with it a lot too.

>implying newfags have ever heard of haruhi

You mean never?

What is 気

It's ki, meaning energy. I think it looks cool so I put it there because the picture felt empty otherwise

I appreciate the thought you put into your craft.

Light novels are for faggots

Spice & Wolf is the only good LN

*Kino no Tabi

Hakomari is better than both of those.

I don't like spice and wolf but I understand why people do. What I don't get is the knock offs. Who likes Hiro no Kakera? Seriously...

>Mirai Nikki : the LN
>good

I'm currently at Volume 9 and I hope it gets better again. Volume 2 is still my favorite one

Vampire Hunter D is also good

Four seasons is a lot no matter the time period; that LN adaptations hadn't quite hit their stride is impressive, really.

2 hit me so hard. Even knowing it went on long after that, I felt the weight of it.

What happens in volume 2? isn't that one the end of season 1?

ah yes, kaze no stigma, aka the kazuma power hour

Yeah I think? It's the story where they met Norah and Lawrence almost got bankrupt.

OreImo got a full adaptation, user.

I thought the top left was Kampfer for a moment and was confused.

Why did it hit you hard?

>Japan is stupid and sucks at capitalism.
Not at all. Sequels earn less than new series, so since sequels cost the same money to make as new adoptions, new adoptions make more sense.

It's only recently with the economic uncertainty, that they started adopting old franchise sequels because they are just scared of new franchises failing. That sequels are more reliable investments even though you earn less.

But fundamentally, the major issue with Haruhi is that the author is creatively dead and a waste of Kadokawa's time. They would rather invest in Gatoh with Full Metal Panic, to reward him for his steady output of new books.

Remember the time when Sup Forums's bogeyman medium of choice was Visual Novels and their adaptations?

I miss VN adaptions.

then what`s so sad about it?

There is no such thing as a "good" light novel. They're all shit. It's just whether it's fun/entertaining or eye gouging awful. Don't pretend otherwise.

Obviously never read

Monogatari isn't under the Kadakawa monopoly.

It's under another publisher.

Kadokawa pretty much never adapts all the novels completely but only for certain properties.

However, the lag for no reason at all. It shouldn't have taken this long for No Game No Life to get new animated content even if a movie was made.

Same. Need more White Album 2.

Also, Grasia was alright. Was like watching a Hollywood movie.

Welcome to the NHK's author went insane in the head. Sup Forums already had threads about this.

Guy's a goner.

Is he referring to Goethe's Faust , Marlowe's Faust or some Japanese adaptation?
I'll admit I'm unfamiliar with any of them beyond the basic premise, but they don't seem to fit that bill.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust_(magazine)

Oh. I feel foolish now. Thank you user.