Fuck this

Fuck this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0RuylPp-uUE
youtube.com/watch?v=DL_KyJpRuKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Very first scene of very first episode

Yet it still surprises people that he carried that weight

Come on you know this was coming 25 episodes ago.

It hurts everytime

did he suffer from depersonalization?

>Betamax young Faye's message
>Ein and Ed departure
>Final episode

I need to rewatch again

What was his mayor malfunction? Why did her daughter inherate it? Why is everyone a fucking autist in the future? Is it the vaccines?

At least he went with a bang

>Very first scene of very first episode
That one isn't of the ending, it's of the first encounter with norio wakamoto in the Chapel

I miss moot.

THE POINT STILL STANDS.

YOU KNEW THIS WAS COMING.

A SHOW DOESN'T START OUT THAT WAY AND MAKE YOU THINK GOOD THINGS ARE IN STORE FOR THE MAIN CHARACTER DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME.

Only eating eggs for a lifetime changes a man

When Ed left the crew we all knew what was coming

calm down and swallow some boiled eggs

Don't worry, according to the writers his fate is ambiguous.

Do you have a comrade?

Anyone else think the ending was pretty mediocre?
I thought at least his friends would come help him or something, but it put all of the character development back at square one.

is this trolling? that's the whole point of the show

>the point of the show is that none of it mattered

not all about character development

sometimes endings are more about sending a message

in this case the brevity of life and the importance to take a stand on what really matters to you, contrasted with the importance of not dragging your friends to a bad end with you when it's not their place to take a stand

yeah exactly, spike couldn't let go of his past and it killed him

so it was intentionally bad, nice to know

No its not intentionally bad you just watch too much shonen and believe in the power of friendship

>couldn't let go of his past
Couldn't escape his past would be more appropriate

>what should I do between masturbation sessions
>get people to call me a retard because I hate myself

Lazy worthless shitposting from a lazy worthless individual, drop dead

Perhaps but I tend to think that he couldn't let go of his past because he chose to go back and face Vicious of his own accord after he had already escaped

its just felt out of character for him to die so stupidly, sorry youre so butt bothered over a children's cartoon.

ebin trolling my good friend

That scene hit me harder than the ending.

just becuase you cant come up with a good argument doesnt mean im trolling

Explain how it was out of character.

This show, ignoring its legacy, is overrated as fuck

i would say so, but japan continues to pump out hot fucking otaku trash so this show is still aces in comparison.

I've always wanted a corgi because of this show. If I get one and name it ein does that make me a faggot?

People get pissed at the ambiguity of the end scene, but I think it's really fitting. "Did he die? Did he live?" that question doesn't matter. The adventuring, the laid-back life, the bounties, it's all gone either way, so it doesn't matter if he lived or not. By killing vicious, he will become the head of the syndicate, thus throwing his life as a space cowboy away. So yeah, after getting shot and taking a sword to the stomach,
he may have bled out and died, or he may have survived and taken his position as the head of the red dragons. It doesn't matter. Spike Spiegel is gone. The ambiguity of the end of Cowboy Bebop is just there to liken Spike taking over the syndicate to death.

We see him drop dead and his star fades out. Its not ambiguous at all

Writer literally says it's ambiguous, so it's ambiguous. What's hard to understand?

We literally see Spike drop dead, who gives a fuck what the writer says. Nothing in the show points to Spike being alive somehow

>Muh opinion outweighs writers intentions

How retarded can you be to think like this???

I agree with what you said about the writer opinion not being worth shit however I think its ambiguous because only one star fades out. If both of them died wouldn't two stars go out? The series only really works if Spike dies though so thats what I believed happened

That's actually a good point. I forgot about vicious

Just rewatched it recently and it's still one of my favorite anime, along with that god tier ost.
Tbqh though I do like the ending, it sucks he dies but he accomplished what he needed to and it adds to his personality and story. It would have been kinda nice had he lived but it would feel like a cop out (very much like samurai champloo's ending).
The real question is does Jet fuck that one girl obsessed with feng shui?

no shes a nice girl

No, FUCK YOU! I'm your prom date, you ugly sack of shit.

Vicious died first and some time passed between the final battle and Spike's final moments as indicated by the sun rising, so Vicious' star might have already faded.

Oh ok that actually makes a lot of sense

This. Even the lyrics of the ending song suggest that he is free and at peace now. "I'm ascending"
youtu.be/0RuylPp-uUE

youtube.com/watch?v=DL_KyJpRuKU

I remember my first time watching Bebop too.

If you didn't notice, Jet was shot in the leg and would have been absolutely no help, and Faye, while she cared about Spike, wasn't about to jump in between him and the Syndicate especially after her little trip with Julia and the events of Ballad of Fallen Angels and Jupiter Jazz.
Not to mention that anyone being there to help would have only been a liability. See Shin, who dies after meeting Spike during the shootout.

Dude, are you high? Even with Julia dead there's no way Spike would have ever taken over the Red Dragon. The entire point of Spike going back is that he's finally going to wake up from the dream. That's why he left the Bebop and why basically everyone from Spike's past died at some point during the show. Lin, Shin, Vicious, Julia, Annie and Mao Yenrai. Ballad of Fallen Angels and Jupiter Jazz were just foreshadowing for the series finale, and Ballad of Fallen Angels was the beginning of the end.
Vicious was never shown being talked about by Chief Laughing Bull. Call it ambiguous if you want, but Spike is the one whose star fell.

>the fucking indian chief
I thought this was the future those dumb redskins should all be gone by then