>A North Texas teacher had died from complications from the flu

Heather Holland, a second-grade teacher at Ikard Elementary School with the Weatherford Independent School District died over the weekend, the Weatherford Democrat reports. >Holland got sick about a week ago and took medication, but delayed picking up the prescription due to the $116 copay, according to the newspaper.

>By Friday night, Holland's condition worsened and she was taken to the hospital. Her husband Frank Holland told the Weatherford Democrat that she died Sunday morning.

chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/North-Texas-teacher-dies-after-getting-the-flu-12555825.php

S

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/02/09/vigil-for-teen-dead-from-the-flu/
cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm
archive.is/ylOzw
archive.is/cVbgF
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

should have gotten the flu shot

im a third grade teacher, and lmao teaching children in the winter means you're gonna be constantly sick how the fuck do you die from something that should happen like 6-10 times a year to you

what a pussy, I live in the same area and got the flu, didn't take any medicine that wasn't OTC didn't even go to the doctor Til the end.

im assuming some other shit went wrong or some underlying condition because the chances of a young healthy adult dying of a normal flu is almost zero

>probably took 2 vacations in the past year
>couldn't afford $116

Oh well, one less democrat voter.

>dying from the flu

She was a school teacher and married. There is no way it would take her a week to get $116. No way they didn't both have relatives they could have borrowed the money from, or friends, or asking for an advance or even a fucking payloan check

If she was sick enough to go to the doctor to get meds prescribed, why the fuck would she wait a week to pick them up?

This

You don't die from the flu unless your immune system is already weak

>because 33% effectiveness is a really good chance you're not going to die

thats weird. this has been a bad flu season. there have been other young people deaths from it.

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/02/09/vigil-for-teen-dead-from-the-flu/

She was a white woman so it doesn’t matter.

We can make more lol

Try 40-60% you bullshitter.
cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm

what happened at the end?

You laugh until that shit evolves to target your particular immune system next year

It's all a roll of the dice at this point

Teachers literally make like 30k a year, she can probably barely afford her bills as it is.

>thats weird. this has been a bad flu season. there have been other young people deaths from it.
a lot of this probably has to do with the first crop of young adults who lived mostly sanitized lives with parents not letting them play outside too much and shit and hand sanitizers etc...

neet lifestyle aint gonna get you ready for the outside world

im a teacher and i make a terrible salary but there is no way I wouldn't be able to get someone to float me $200 for a week if I needed to buy medication

intersting take

>cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm
Except the vaccine is their best guess at what the strain of the year is. This year, they missed. 90% of all cases involve the H3N2 strain this year.

>fiance's a teacher in the poorest state and still makes 32k, clears 2200 a month

Are the Jews testing biological terrorism? I refuse to believe that this is just the flu. You pretty much never heard of healthy adults dying from the flu until this year. In the past, it was usually only kids and the elderly, and even then, it was a rarity. I've noticed the media is really going into overdrive to scare people into getting vaccinated too. Really makes you wonder what's in it if they want to inject you so badly.

>30K a year
>Married
>cant afford

You must be retarded.
I make less than half that and I can afford to spend 100 on medicine I need.

Nice healthcare u got here. Remind me how much I will pay if I need an ambulance?

fuk I'm never leaving the house.

It's amazing. When I was a NEET who didn't leave the house, I was sick all the time. When I started working and interacting with hundreds of people a day in dirty airports and warehouses and getting sun, I stopped getting sick.

go get your flu shots good goyim

Teachers really only make 15-16 an hour? I thought they made at least 40-50k a year

Maybe she didn't think it was so dire that she needed to spend $100 on meds until it was too late

More like damage control on their part. Scientists picked the strain that was outcompeted early in 2017 when flu season began, which meant that it had a 33.3% chance then, of being effective, but now has a 0% chance of working, because it’s the only strain being transmitted now. Learn about virology and communicability.

i remember either reading an article about a trend of millennial parents giving their children some kind of 'dirt' pill or whatever just so their systems get used to it and shit because they live in cities and their children are almost never playing outside and shit
the reason why the spanish influenza killed a bunch of people even though it was a strain that had been going around for ages is that it had been long enough that most of the young generation had never encountered it and died as a result
considering the obsession with parents to make sure their children are not in any pain or discomfort or any perceived danger whatsoever its not a surprise that they'd have shitty immune system (on top of not exercising or a healthy diet)

It's the fucking flu bro

90% of the time I'm not going to even get medicine for a fucking flu. If they try to make me pay $116 for flu medicine I'm leaving that shit too. It's not a real illness.

>Remind me how much I will pay if I need an ambulance?
If I recall around $3-5k depending of course.

There is something sinister about this flu. It appears to finish people off quickly before they have a chance to fight it.

dont pretend your country even has ambulances, boris

+Pension
+Health insurance
+Working 9/12 months a year
+Federal holidays
+Sick days
+Personal days
+Tenure
+Possible union
+Planning period
+Federal loan forgiveness

Depends on location. A teacher making 30k is either in the private sector or in a rural city. If you live in Cali within the city you're hitting near 100k after a few years. About 40-50k for average size cities in Texas.

North Texas has some of the most well paid teachers in the country. I believe they start at close to 50k per annum in the entire region

okay pal

Thanks Drumpf

yeah that's because you went from almost never being exposed to shit (so catching it once it attacked you) to your body learning to fight that shit on a daily basis and getting stronger

thats like saying before i went to the gym i struggled lifting a gallon of water but now i dont even notice it

ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE

GET REKT MUTT TRAITORS

better than nothing.

Lies
This year's flu vaccine may only be 10% effective, experts warn. archive.is/ylOzw

Govt. Researchers: Flu Shots Not Effective in Elderly, After All. archive.is/cVbgF

Did she get the flu shot?

getting the vaccine still lowers the severity of the symptoms idiot. Not a single person that got the vaccine has died from the flu.

hahahahahaha!

clearly she did think it was bad if she went to the doctor in the first place

>It's the fucking flu bro
i know that's my point. the fact she went to the doctor means she felt it was bad enough she had to go to the clinic. why the fuck go there if you're not gonna get meds?

I know I don't go to the fucking clinic cause I got the flu otherwise I'd be there every other week

To be honest, this is the best reply of all.

I wouldn't even take the day off work, I'd just keel over while I was on the job because fuck sick days.

Oh crap, I really don't want to got sick if I were you. Nice to have a free healthcare btw

weird how they made prescription costs a factor in the story when i'm sure her medical coverage is ACA compliant

>2 vacations
Try the entire fucking summer

If you have insurance they will pay $2K for a short ambulance ride plus and equipment the ambulance guys use on you. If you don't have insurance it's free because they'll just dump you out the back on the road.

She should have fucked one of her students to gain immunity

wouldn't have helped.

Chinese or Obama's SJW allied scientists probably let a handful of strains that fuck up white people out of a lab.

White genocide is real.

dude, summer's off are necessary because teaching is not actually easy shit if you're doing it properly, and how the fuck can you include being assraped by fucking terrible unions as a positive thing?

>be ukrainian
>be crushed by jetliner debris

>not taking colloidal silver

Flu shots and tamiflu don't stop the flu.

Medicine treats symptoms. Some dude died of sepsis, not choking on mucus.

Was she a vegan?

It's drumpfs fault that Obama signed the aca into law. Pleb.

Yeah, but my 14 year old has been very sick with this flu for over 3 weeks, and the boy practically lives outside: plays with dogs and goats, digs in the dirt, cuts grass, swims in springs, all that shit.
This flu is pretty hard core.
In fact I have been wondering if it is an escaped cultivated virus of some kind.

there is not a single american who would want free healthcare if it meant being treated in a ukrainian hospital by some drunken moon-faced slavic nigger

>Not a single person that got the vaccine has died from the flu.
I wish. not true, unfortunately.

What are the legit downsides to getting the vaccine?
I really don't understand why you wouldn't even if it's only 10% effective

Thats not how it works. Digits will confirm that you are a faggot.

Nigger do you Google? Tamaflu doesn't treat the symptoms. It stops the virus from replicating.

NIIIIIICCCCEEEEE
wait it's not one of those threads?
whatever nice anyway

1.) "The Flu" is actually a N. Korean bio-weapon that they spread to the USA through high-altitude weather balloons and chemtrails.

2.) There is no medication that can fully eliminate the effects of the weapon. That's why the flu "vaccine" never actually works.

Are this strain kills younger individuals with healthy immune system because of cytokine storm. Your immune system kills you basically.

Punctuation

Flu shots are bullshit. They innoculate you with a random 2010 strain of a Flu virus that could mutate into a badass Flu in 2011.

All the basic risks of injecting something into your bloodstream.

I said that about young adults. children and teenagers are nother story and they are constantly sick

im a teacher so for me flu season is literally october to may for me

once you hit your 20s and you're living an average life your chances of dying of it are ridiculously small.

>80% of people who die from the flu are 65+
>of the last 20%, children, infants, the obese and those weakened by other conditions are the vast majority

it hasnt worked much for me in years past, but it did this season. i have escaped the flu for once.

downside? i believe the downside is you stand a chance of getting sick FROM the vaccine.

I have never heard of a flu this savage...its killing alot of white people. This cant just happen. This is fucking planned. These motherfuckers need to be stopped. This is scarier than any bomb or war.

It's some "antiviral" many think is some scam placebo.

It does treat symptoms. It gets people high.

Top european ambulance service and totally free of charge. Good luck dying because of some little scratch, Billy

Can you explain this please?
Curious because of my very healthy kid being extremely sick with this flu.
The kid never gets sick.

the weak should fear the stronk

Ouch

t. fucking redditor

do you not pay attention to the news? This flu is killing indiscriminately. I have it, and hope its terminal.

this is very wrong, 26% of the deaths have been from those who have received the vaccine

You sound like a cry baby. Find a better job if you can't handle it, bitch. Plus, that'd be one less cry-babby bitch indoctrinating marxist children.

Flu is racist

>getting the vaccine still lowers the severity of the symptoms idiot
I thought the vaccine was supposed to boost your immunity so that you don't get sick.

jesus christ, what the hell is wrong with the vaccine?

>Top european ambulance service

But this boy never gets sick amd has no allergies.
I have been a big believer in strengthenimg the immune system through use... and so far it has worked. I think there is something unusual about this flu.

Third world culture, third world values, third world country. In every way except for having money. Saudi America.

obviously a supervirus is the most effective weapon

nukes r is better

>2018
>watching the news

yeah clearly a guy complaining about unions being about as good as AIDS and mocking european universal healthcare is into marxism good catch faggot

That's so Gerard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

and white people have a very very very long history of dealing with disease. possibly more than any other race on the planet, I think they'll be just fine.

>mfw I got a free complementary flu shot at my pharmacy
how fucked am i?

you're not gonna die lmfao

I guess that $116 bucks seems really cheap now.
>Bet she paid more for he fucking hairstyle

we're not even at peak flu season yet, everyone is projecting it to only get worse and for the death tolls to rise. i'm not trying to sound hysterical but it's very worrisome and everyone should be very cautious with their health and whatever preventative immunity strengthening they can

Dallasfaggot here, got sick last week, teledoc prescribed me tamaflu, felt great after 2 days. Btw my normal blood pressure is 160/105. Gonna live forever.