Crunchyroll sucks. Do any of its competitors NOT suck?

Crunchyroll sucks. Do any of its competitors NOT suck?

Yeah.
Torrent websites

Name a few official competitors and I'll give you a rating.

Amazon
Netflix
Hulu

See, I have all those and the subs are shit. I was bored so I watched SAO on Hulu and it was pretty bad translation.

Why anyone would watch Netflix when they release all the seasonal shit like a month after its aired is bizarre.

Have Netflix already. Not sure the other two are even available in Canada.

>Want to support the industry by paying hundreds over Japanese imported BD that might actually harm the Japanese animation industry
>Shit on CR even though they try to help the industry to commercialized for overseas market

I don't like CR as well, but really, is there any other way to support them?

The worst part is, they HAVE released episodes for at least some shows on a weekly basis, like the 3rd season of Dusk Till Dawn.

Daisuke kinda counts I guess? Other than that nah, you're fucked user

No, it's all shit. I suggest you just stop watching anime.

>Want to support the industry by paying hundreds over Japanese imported BD that might actually harm the Japanese animation industry
???

Netflix has found people are more likely to binge watch shows than watch them weekly, so they release them all at once to entice people to marathon every show to raise viewership.

I hear nautostreams.gaysex.cum is pretty good.

My pappy always told be to avoid .cum domains, as they are a portal to sin.

CR is the least worst paid streaming platform for anime

fpbp

Buy merch, at least some of the money goes to the committee that made the show you watch instead of the predetermined amount of money when CR/Amazon etc. signs the deal with the Japanese.

This. They're mostly just mediocre, which beats the shit out of the competition.

Accept the truth: you are but a droplet of water in the sea, and whether you do or do not support the industry makes zero fucking difference in the grand scheme of things.

subscribing to Amazon Prime atleast gets you other non-anime related benefits

Why do they care about viewership? It's a pay-for-access not pay-for-service model.

You don't get the anime channel with prime

So they can peddle those numbers out to shareholders and use it for marketing purposes. They have to secure other funding to keep developing their own content (which is hit and miss like all companies) since every other studio is raising their prices or outright developing their own streaming service. See you in 6 years when we have to pay bundles for streaming services.

> and whether you do or do not support the industry makes zero fucking difference in the grand scheme of things.
If everyone thought so and didn't pay for anime - there would have been no anime.

>Become not-poorfag
>Convenience of Crunchyroll over torrenting makes lets watch more anime

It's a waste of money if you have infinite time, but it's fucking annoying to download each episode individually when I could just stream it to my TV immediately when it comes out.

Yes but you are not 'everyone', and neither am I. You will not make a difference in the world. You do not matter.

>not setting up your torrent client to automatically download from rss feeds

Used to do that, it's just a bitch to set-up. Though I kinda took a six year break from anime so maybe it's easier now. Is there one site that compiles them all? I used to have to subscribe to each fan-sub groups feed and then mess with settings and I wasted a lot more time than I saved.

oh, german amazon prime has animu. I assumed that was universal not just regional

both nyaa clones have rss feeds, and horriblesubs has their own as well
I spent less than a minute for each series setting it up this season

It has some anime included with prime but not the service that has the simulcasts.

thanks for the heads up

Hey man, a crumb of bread is better than nothing at all! I'd take it.

The whole buy merch meme is wrong. Merchandise money is only going to go to the production committee where the merchandise manufacturer is on the production committee which is often not the case. Much of the time merchandise manufacturers simply pay a liscense for rights to make the figures or whatever. Crunchyroll has started seriously investing in anime though. They're leading the production committee for that Isekai Restaurant show this season and second in the committee for Classroom of the Elite among the 10-12 shows they have been members of the production committee for over the last 2 years.

i just use kissanime on an old laptop so i dont get any pop up virus

"shows"
blah

Crunchy at least hired up a bunch of fansubbers which is why the fansub community at large is dead. The others use a bunch of monkeys that barely know either language.

There was one group who used to fansub One Piece way back when where they would literally take the dialogue from scanlations of the manga and slap that on. It was the most horrendous shit I have ever seen.

Because if nobody watches anything theyre gonna stop paying for the fucking service

Amazon.
Better image quality.

That seems like a self defeating philosophy, user. Consider this: the more that you spread what you believe the less true and effective it becomes.

I torrent because it's the superior service, I pay more per month for my seedbox than I would for Crunchyroll anyway.

The fansub community isn't dead because everyone got hired.
The community is dead because CR is always faster (because they get scripts to translate before the shows actually air). Most people just watch the first/fastest subs, so nobody will watch the fansubs for a show CR is also doing. Fansubbers mostly work for e-peen, and you can't get any in a situation like that.

Ehhh. Not always true. I remember waiting for Kaizoku to sub rather than reading the first OP subbers.

Except the entire sea is made of droplets each representing a sale or equivalent metric. In the grand scheme of things it makes the entire sea.

Sorry but your part of everyone and if absolutely no one bought anime or watched it on legal streaming sites/live TV then anime wouldn't exist.

Reach enlightenment by buying BDs.

>streaming

Why do kids like pessimism nowadays? No wonder any story medium in anything is shit nowadays.