segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3109.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gasp!

Crazy Taxi was a good game, tbqh.

That's an old Japanese symbol you daft fucking newfag

Soul Calibur boi

Cybako!

Japs are pedos.

WELCOME BACK, TO THE STAAAAAGE...OF HISTORY.

Hmmm

> PAL region logo
ask me how I can tell you're not american

Herrrrrre weeeeee goooo! YAH YAH YAH YAH YAHHHH!!

Power Stone!

And Shenmue anyone?

I miss PSO!!

disturbing

>boi
kill yourself

Trully gentlemen of culture.

Sonic Adventure was fun

A truly wonderful system, and one of the key reasons I fucking hate how lazy Nintendo got with the Virtual Console. Although, there are worse fates for platforms than being ground into dust by the PS2.

My nigga

shenmue 3 is supposed to come out this year

it got crowdfunded on kickstarter

Why did Dreamcast fail? Did SEGA fail to negotiate the right games on the platform? Was it too expensive?

That game is going to be so fucking bad it's going to break my heart. Worse than Yakuza 6.

The position you need to view this from is that Sega's success with the Genesis/Mega Drive was a total fluke, every other system they ever made was bungled in some form or fashion. Knowing this, and that Sega was spreading its funding pretty thin at the time, they couldn't afford anything less than the winner they didn't get. Also, the fucking PS2 came out hot on its heels and was a must-own behemoth within a year, not just for its games,but for its status as one of the cheapest DVD players on the market. Awesome console plus cheapest access to revolutionary media equals dead competition.

Powerslave EX v.1.0.0 + patch v.1.0.1.7z

ufile.io/9s6uv

Biggest ice cream company around here

Fuck off. Sega did nothing wrong except for the stupid fucking feud between Sega of Japan and Sega of America. If they just fucking listened to the American branch things might have actually gone right and they'd still be around as a hardware manufacture today.

Dead or Alive 2

Piracy my dude. The console was super fucking easy to burn games for so that certainly helped them go under.

Look at any Zelda game. Swirls everywhere
Hearthstone has swirls
Game of Lies has a huge swirl on the main table.

IT's everywhere

Not the same company but I've seen that shit on coolers in convenience stores around where I live.

One of those stores is owned by Pakis too.

Road to the rose bowl. Das my shit mang

The Saturn was still pretty based especially when it came to Japanese releases. It's too bad that they didn't go with the American plan and work together with Silicon graphics to go hard for the 3d market.

What the other guys said but also, Sega had released so many duds after the success of the genesis that they fucked up hard. Examples:

- Sega 32X
- Sega CD
- Sega Saturn

They were all awkwardly placed, commercial failures, and by the time they came up with a decent system with decent games, they were essentially bankrupt and piracy and PS2 laid the final nail in the coffin.

So what, in Europe it was blue and spun backwards. I knew that in the second grade, circa... Idk '99?
I had a friend who was native British and brought his DC across the pond. We talked about how the things were different.
But don't believe me, I'm probably a paid shill.
OH HEY LOOK .007 CENTS DEPOAITED IN MY ACCOUNT HERP DERP

basically ps2 having multi-functionality destroyed them.

Also, DRM wasn't a thing. You could burn dreamcast games on cd's with the right mounting software, like daemon tools or bleem. the code on dreamcast games could be VERY easily copied and dissected to boot. I have a version of marvel vs. capcom 2 that had it's music replaced entirely with metallica, and an emulator containing a few hundred SNES and Sega games. Various copyright things ran out too, you can download most dreamcast games for free, and burn them to disc in the aforementioned manner, because they're abandonware.

>it will never be 1999 again while you look up boobs dot com on your 56k modem Dreamcast

Dreamcast was the shit

Its astonishingly retarded American release is one of the biggest reasons in never took off.
>give a date for september 1995
>announce at e3 that you're releasing it immediately, surprising everybody
>including retailers
>and developers

euro here,the orange swirl was better imo

the 32x and mega cd being released just prior to the saturn along with some cunt who ran it into the ground and then jumped ship to microsoft and other bad business choices

Its literally a fucking spiral, it isn't even a Japanese symbol, spirals have been used forever.

I used to tell all my problems to Seaman.

I'm sure he was very supportive.

>google this
>no dreamcast news
>get article saying retrobit licensed the real genesis/saturn/dreamcast controllers
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. USB Saturn controllers are finally going to stop being 200 fucking bucks.

1 the ps2 ass raped them
2 piracy
3 terrible games compared to Nintendo and sony

Completely agree. It didn't have to be that way but they decided to completely fuck everyone over to try to edge out the competition. Even though I'm a fucking massive Sega fan I still love Sony's response to the Saturn's announcement.

youtube.com/watch?v=ExaAYIKsDBI

FUCK YES. I'm retardedly hyped about this

How is this political?

Also at this point in Sega history I think that they were both actively trying to screw each other over. So fucking stupid.

Sony ran roughshod over pretty much everybody, it took some ridiculous hubris on their part and unforeseeable fad shenanigans to knock them off their game.

>terrible games compared to Nintendo and sony
I guess that's why a sizeable chunk of them ended up on the other consoles. Fucking faggot, the Dreamcast was a treasure.

take me to the church holmes!

it had a terrible controller and no games

it was all about shenmue

BEST GAME

>online support
>60 fps
>dead

How old are you?

#galaxygate

uhh.... GUYS?!!

shenmue was the greatest game. ever made for dreamcast. and some losers are mentioning crazy taxi...............

Look at this painting by Gustav Klimt from 1909... this stuff's been going on a lot longer than you realise...

Crazy Taxi is crazy fun you bastard.

I'M USING DEBIAN RIGHT NOW!

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenmu

explain pls

Basic rundown from this post here: segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3109.0

>I finished reading the Console Wars book and while I think it might be painting Tom Kalinske with too evangelical a picture, I still have to say that all of Sega failings came from the Japan side and it shows. They gave him the job and barey listened to him even when he managed to topple Nintendo in the West with a 55% share for a short time while SOJ still wasn't doing shit. They knew Tom Kalinske was very successful in the West but they would never listen to him out of stubborn pride. Here's a list of some of their acts of spite/mistakes.

>Despite SOA doing everything to make Sonic2'sday a worldwide, simultaneous launch, SOJ put it out in Japan the Saturday before.

>SOJ forced project Mars (32X) onto SOA even though there were already too many Sega systems on the market and Saturn was release in less than a year.

>Kalinske got into a relationship with Sony and we could have had the SEGA Playstation. But Sega rejected it for their Saturn and it's inferior, hard to work with processor.

>Same with Silicon Graphics and what would later be the Nintendo 64 system. Kalinske found it first, offered it to SOJ and they STILL rejected it.

>Then there's the whole Saturn debacle. Kainski outright said "NO!" and they just hung up on him. He had no say on the matter despite the fact that it was HIM that gave them so much success in the West. Kalinski was originally going to go with a "Sega Saturnday" on Sept 2nd but SOJ thought an early release would help despite not enough systems for all retailers which ended up pissing off a lot of them and the graphically superior PSX going for $299 in the fall.

Great game marred by shitty d pad controls, voice acting, and pop in.

Needs a pc remaster like a mother fucker.

Maybe we'll get one, along with 2 and real connectivity. And maybe monkeys will fly out of my ass.

Not posting the vastly superior Treamcast, fuck off OP.

We have Sonic2'sday to thank for games releasing on Tuesdays now.

NFL 2k was the first and last good sportsball game

Hold on,

Isnt there an advert...

An advert for Dreamcast that says sething like:

‘Dreamcast, over 6 million players’....

I don't get it

>ywn stay up way past your bedtime with a >buddy trying to find more passengers after you >made it past $100.000.00 while Offspring >blares from the tv

I want to die lads.

Pizzagate confirmed

SOMEONE EXPLAIN GOSH DARN IT

It's a pizza related hankerchief

Ps2 hype

The whole 2K football series was great, I remember EA shitting itself over 2K5.

Thanks

>hey kiddo