Holy Shit. Racism in America is worse than I thought

Source: washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/06/04/the-blackwhite-marijuana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/?utm_term=.c7eda566d68d

I smoked weed in my early twenties, and did so without much fear. So did most of my white peers. I don't know a single one of them who got locked up. But if you look at the statistics for black men, holy shit. What's wrong with this country?

Other urls found in this thread:

amren.com/archives/videos/race-and-drug-arrests-another-big-lie/
archive.is/Ivt82
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495080/
youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw
bostonglobe.com/business/2017/09/29/marijuana-arrests-plunge-but-racial-disparity-remains/EZ4ACUvi5akgbsyTjzWmhN/story.html
counter-currents.com/2017/02/is-the-war-on-drugs-racist/
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/race-poverty-and-crime/
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/is-the-criminal-justice-system-racist/
youtube.com/watch?v=2HFNU6JjNwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blacks get arrested for doing something else and they also have weed on them.

SLIDE THREAD.

>cities with little white population
>Population is generally upper middle class
>Can pay for weed instead of dealing

Maybe, but I trespassed as a minor (urban exploration). Accidentally drove the wrong way down a one-way with weed in my car (the cops stopped me but let me go). And got busted multiple times for violating restrictions placed on my license.

I was even caught with a bowl in my pocket, once, and the cop let me throw it away.

You did not read the source.

Did you rob pajeet's kwik e mart while holding weed? Because pretty much every black criminal is holding weed. They also disproportionately live in the city where they are more likely to get caught. If you live in the country you can grow your own and people won't even notice.

That's dumb. Almost nobody robs a store with weed in their pockets. If you're arrested for robbing a store, then that's going to be in your record. If you're arrested for possessing marijuana, then that's going to be in your record.

Prosecutors normally drop a lesser charge for a plea bargain, so I doubt much drug possession would show up in the records of people committing armed robbery.

The source is there for those skeptical of the info displayed the reader isnt expected to look at the source dumbass

The Amazon Washington COMPost is fake news.

This is the real reason for the disparity in drug arrests
amren.com/archives/videos/race-and-drug-arrests-another-big-lie/

I mean, sure, if you're a Redditor.

Just read then if you don't believe me. I actually didn't know there was hard data that blacks do use much more marijuana than reported in OP but I suspected. Good read.

this doesn't factor in how their sentence might have been harsher on them because of prior convictions or if their sentence was in conjunction with being arrested for other crimes.

if you factor that in, its not racist, black people are just more likely to be criminals.

you are one though

Weed isn't the primary factor. It's niggers getting caught doing dumb shit and just happen to have weed on them.

Also doesn't factor in the extremely higher rates of blacks SELLing weed. You're way more likely to get busted selling than using.

the fuck is this? where did you come from?

look at king county Washington
that's Seattle
in 2010 Seattle had a law on the books that made pot possession the lowest police priority
the law was basically meaningless but the point is that's a county that was trying it's hardest not to arrest stoners in one of the whitest major cities and they still got more black than white

I wonder why that is.

They're just bad at avoiding getting caught. They do the stupidest shit like shoot a friend over $5 in front of 20 witnesses and think they can get away with it.

not completely sure but it seems that would be an argument against it being systemic racism as the police in this case were doing there best to not bust anybody of any color for pot at the time

>direct link to the wapo

archive.is/Ivt82

you wont go to jail on your first offense assuming its not a large quantity. it would be second offense or people holding to much and it being counted as attempt to distribute even if they were not caught selling quantity alone will determine that

also your chart doesnt segregate instances in which the individual was going to jail anyways and the drug charge was just more time like grand theft auto or assault cases where they find some amount of weed on the person

>almost nobody
You're an idiot, it will be in their cars. Also they get caught with dealer-tier amounts more than white people which police pretty much have to follow up on.

I looked at one of the studies linked by your source, and it said that while black people under-report cocaine use, they don't over-report marijuana use.

You have to be doing stupid shit to have any interaction with the police.
Also white people are much less social than black people. They are much more likely to be at home. Black people are always hanging out, in groups and up to something.

>So, do police suddenly go nuts if drugs are involved? If that’s so, there must be a lot of nutty black police officers. Take Washington, DC. Ever since it got home rule in 1975, every mayor in DC has been black. Two thirds of the police officers are black. And yet, theACLU itself reportsthat in 2010 a black DC resident was 8 times more likely than a white resident to be arrested for marijuana possession. Was that racist police–racist black police–or just more black dope smokers?
This line in particular, OP BTFO

errr... under-report marijuana use, I mean.

The study: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495080/

Still doesn't explain Are Black Cops in DC racist too?

You know how fucking hard it is to get arrested when you're just a pot user? Even if your black, just don't have the fucking weed on you.

They all get busted cuz their dealing. Every time I walk down town a black guy always approaches me trying to peddle weed, they're not sly.

Fuck dude. Maybe that's true of you, but when I was younger, I was just driving around randomly with my friends, smoking weed.

its called blunt. White people vape weed or smoke bowl. Black people smoke huge blunts that reek and get pulled over because smoke is billowing from thier car

youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw

It's this and to add, whites who deal usually only deal to connections, its blacks that are walking around slinging and get caught by cops with 50-100 small dime bags prepared. Cops pretty much HAVE to arrest you when they find that.

Miami Dade county has a town called Little Haiti. Nuff said.

Yeah. Black people frequently show implicit racism in tests.

And was that at night in areas known for drug sales with an ounce of weed split into dime bags in the car with you? I highly doubt it. Most of the Cops arresting these blacks aren't doing it because they caught them with just a bowl are you getting that?

White kids don't hang out in ghettos where violence, drug dealing and other forms of crime are common. Most blacks probably aren't stopped because they're suspected of having weed on them, but because they live in crime ridden areas where they've committed some other crime, or where the police are more likely to stop random suspects because of the high crime rate.

They're niggers, who gives a fuck?

>black people are racist to other blacks

>Widely known niggers commit more crime
>"Holy shit these crime statistics prove racism"
Kewl b8

I used to have a friend that dealt weed in Los Angeles, no one would do business with niggers because they would bring guns and often rob people. That is why the chart looks like this.

It's because dumb niggers don't know how to smoke discreetly or not commit other crimes while carrying pot.

>Blacks use Marijuana more
>Blacks get arrested more
Oh wow, the "Racism", if you don't have any data which actually suggests that targeting is done "based on race" you literally have no argument.

Nigs gonna nig.

>-The arrest rate of black people for marijuana possession offenses in 2016 was 15.19 per 100,000, about four times that of white people (3.79 per 100,000).

>-42.2% of those arrested for growing or selling marijuana in 2016 were black. That’s up a tick from 2014, when 41 percent of those arrested for dealing were black.

-bostonglobe.com/business/2017/09/29/marijuana-arrests-plunge-but-racial-disparity-remains/EZ4ACUvi5akgbsyTjzWmhN/story.html

You didn't read the source.

they are
lighter skinned nigs hate darker ones. call them crispy

I read your article, you read mine?
counter-currents.com/2017/02/is-the-war-on-drugs-racist/

>Go to rob store
>"HOL UP TYRESE"
>"NEED TO DROP OFF DIS WEED BEFORE WE ROB DAH ELEVEN-SEVEN
Fucking Reddit niggers

>I don't know a single one of them who got locked up. But if you look at the statistics for black men, holy shit. What's wrong with this country?
You would think by now you would know that niggers like to esculate a conflict when they are being confronted by police.

If one of your white friends chimps out like a nigger while being caught with possession, do you think he'll get arrested?

It's rayciss, right?

Due to white flight, and the fact that black people reduce property values purely due to their skin color, it's hardly surprising that black people tend to live in more impoverished areas. Cops tend to target impoverished people, even while some studies suggest impoverished folks commit less crime proportionately.

There are just far more poor people, and they can't defend themselves by buying an expensive lawyer. Or politicians. So police departments can suck money out of them.

They're carrying an illegal fire arm and robbing a fucking store. You honestly think they're gonna keep their weed at home?

being a pedestrian, being involved with another crime, being near a crime, etc all involve more risk in being caught with drugs on you. when traveling in a car cops need a good reason to tear it apart.

Prosecutors usually drop a lesser charge for a plea deal.

>violent criminals always think before acting and wouldn't increase their potential risk by carrying drugs into an armed robbery

Okay, the first issue.
The articles cities a study where black and whites consume roughly equal amounts of Marijuana, is that self reported? Or tested?
Because there have been other studies that suggest that black people are less willing to admit that they use drugs.

Another problem is that it is by no means clear that whites and blacks use Marijuana for the same thing, imagine (just for the sake of argument) if most dealers were black, even if whites and blacks used Marijuana at the same rates, black SHOULD be arrested more often, since "using Marijuana" and "selling marijuana" are completely different things.
The article provides no statistics about that, so it has nothing more then speculation.

I have to say this article is utterly irrelevant, it is based on pure speculation and has absolutely no data for its core claim that "black and white crime rates are comparable".

Wrong.
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/race-poverty-and-crime/
That is a long debunked myth, Blacks are more criminal independent of their wealth.

Nah

>some studies suggest impoverished folks commit less crime proportionately
Do they steal because they are poor or because they are black? You aren't even being consistent.

>poor people
>suck money from them
They are on food stamps, section 8 housing, and have no money. They are draining money from the system, not paying cops. I have lost hope in you seeing reason.

Prosecutors usually drop a lesser charge for a plea deal.

You said that three times already, but that is nothing more then pure speculation.

Do you have *any* evidence to the extent that your claim is true?

Preferably more then hear say.

Your data appears to be for arrests anyway

>thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/race-poverty-and-crime/
Black people aren't arrested more due to racism, because black people are arrested more. Solid logic.

this

>even while some studies suggest impoverished folks commit less crime proportionately.
Are you retarded?

You are retarded.
YOU ARE MAKING THE CLAIM, DEMONSTRATE THE RACISM, THE BURDEN IS ON YOU.

You have ZERO data for your claim, so shut up and go away.

>black majority areas
>leaves out the fact these include high weight traffickers too

Also: thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/is-the-criminal-justice-system-racist/
Is an article debunking that Idea, the criminal justice system isn't racist and it is your job to show evidence to the contrary.

Dude. I only have anecdote, but that's how it's worked every single time I was busted for violating restrictions on my license as a kid, and for failure to have a license. Maybe I'm just getting special treatment for being white, though.

>I only have anecdote,
So you have literally nothing.
I gyve you statistics and real data but you give me an anecdote, seriously fuck off.
I can also give you "anecdotes" about black crime, but that is nothing more then worthless garbage.

>Maybe I'm just getting special treatment for being white, though.
You have absolutely no reason to believe that and no evidence for that.

You guys are dumb. Most the people on Sup Forums are racist, and you deny that racism exists? Fucking hell.

This thread is opposition bait

>reee I came to a racist place so I'm moving the goal posts I WIN

>Most the people on Sup Forums are racist, and you deny that racism exists?
I deny that a bias against blacks in the USA criminal justice system exists, yes.
Provide me solid data that I am wrong.

Remember Sup Forums does NOT run the criminal justice system in the US, so going from "people on Sup Forums are racist" to "the criminal justice system is racist", is just retarded.

Also what does racism mean? I believe that it is an idiotic concept that doesn't really have any actual meaning.

White man smoking weed: Does it at home with friends/family. Doesn't go to work high, drive high, or even go outside high. Too busy eating and listening to music. Knows weed smells bad to other people and tries to hide it, or excuse the smell by also using a cologne that smells like weed.

Black man smoking weed: AY YO NIGGA LIGHT UP EVERY DAY 420 SHIT DAWG NOWS A GOOD TIME FOR A BLUNT HOMIE HOLLA

I mean. I kinda do win, though, right? "Some of those who work forces, are the same that burn crosses."

>I kinda do win
You didn't even have a real argument...

And i don't know a single white guy who runs around with weed in their pockets unless they're going straight from a deal.

>Maybe I'm just getting special treatment for being (((white))), though
I agree, David

I think he was serious at first and then devolved to pretending to troll when he realized he was retarded. I mean he was claiming the black people were too racist.

I really want to agree that everyone who posts in Sup Forums is a total loser, but an elected state congressman was found to be a prominent sexist on Reddit, so... you know.

Were you and your white friends acting defiant and wearing thug costumes?
Black men go through a lot of effort to let everyone around them know how hard they are.
That tends to backfire when dealing with police, or in the courtroom.

>I really want to agree that everyone who posts in Sup Forums is a total loser
I am a University STEM student, so I don't think I am a total looser.

>but an elected state congressman was found to be a prominent sexist on Reddit, so... you know.
So?

The trick is to wash your hands after you smoke or else you'll reek

Acting defiant should be punished? I was a goth turned punk kid.

remember when you used to smoke weed in your basement with your friends? Yeah, they do it in front of the 7-11

MAYNE Y DO POLICE ALWA GO BE RACIS AN SHIET I WA JUST BUYIN A FUGGIN SLURP NIGGA

Did you ever got caught by the cops?

Oh wow. You're a college student. All the same, people like you have graduated and fucked my country with their prejudice. Some people fucked your country with it once, I think.

Your ebonics need work, I understood it.

>Oh wow. You're a college student.
Yes.

>All the same, people like you have graduated and fucked my country with their prejudice.
Do you have any data on that?
Since everyone else I know at my University is EXTREMELY anti racist and some of them would probably want to kill me if they knew what I wrote on here.

>Some people fucked your country with it once, I think.
What?

Bullets must be racist too...

A person saying "fuck you pig" is going to get arrested for the weed in their pocket before someone saying "yes sir" that has the weed in their pocket.
It just a fact, and it doesn't matter what I think should or should not be.
Watch footage of blacks being arrested, or showing up to their trial, and you will see behavior that worsens their predicament almost every time.

Black people do show racism towards black people in automatic association tests. Also, in the famous doll test, at the center of the Brown vs. Board of Education case.

>be black
>get caught chimping
>have weed
>get added to the stats

alternatively
>white guy
>smoking weed
>does it at home with the blinds pulled
>black guy
>smoking weed
>does it on the corner sucking air through his teeth as crackas walk by

Wonder why the arrest rates aren't identical hmm

I'm not smart enough to speak that dumb.

This is why my people will never be kangz, thank god they pulled us out of the caves.

>it only goes down cause they're killed off.

uh sweetie, I'm white and I got "interrogated" for 24 hours for having a gram of weed on me.

>That's dumb
Most niggers are't famous for their sky high iq.

That is actually true.

youtube.com/watch?v=2HFNU6JjNwU