If you could rewrite all of SAO except episode 1, how would you make it not shit?

If you could rewrite all of SAO except episode 1, how would you make it not shit?

Keep a lot of the key moments and characters.

More of him wandering around and having adventures and exploring the world.
Instead of a frontline beater he could be a information broker who creates and maintains a players and strategy guide that helps people.
Him being a top solo player would be a necessary evil/him doing penance and fearing getting too close to people.
Maybe building a little party or guild of his own. Accidentally of course.

Laughing coffin were shaping up to be good, and I was hoping that Kaiba would have remained hidden for a bit longer.
Wanted some of them to be hackers and certain people who found out how to jack into the game.
Kaiba finds out and locks them into the game like the rest of them are and alerts the police/friad. The police would want to know where the people who've been killing the people who're trapped in SAO are and the Triad would want to know who killed the young son of a high level member.

Did not like the mystery portion, though and the marriage was pretty good as well.

Was actually hoping for some neo from the matrix kind of world manipulation so that he could cheat and get access to certain areas you normally couldn't or find out things about how the world works so he could become a better information broker.

After he defeats kaiba through kick ass moves and cheating like a motherfucker(because let's face it kaiba is basically god) they're free.

After the world eggs are released and are found to be used by everyone it's revealed that kaiba still exists as an AI and has some kind of plans.
So he goes out and plays in various MMOs across the planet. Always searching always on the look out for kaiba and the last pieces of his daughters code.

Give Kirito a shield instead of dual wielding.

He plows Sugu and the others

Flesh out the lore more, more info on game mechanics, levels and skills
Improve the pacing by avoiding jumping around so much
More boss battles, more sense of progression through the game
Basically SAOP

Make it like Progressive or SAO Abridged

Kirito makes a stupid mistake in the most generic fight and dies by the ep2. The show is now about the gamer society as a whole, with their daily lives, deaths and ongoing struggle to get out.

Give Kirito far worse trust issues. Seems retarded that they give him the title of somebody who is treated as an outcast then make him really friendly towards other players. Seemed out of character for a solo player to care so much about things that didn't concern him. Literally helps a little girl right after his guild dies when I was hoping for some conflict.

Well, now that Progressive has enough content for at least one season (assuming you pad it out properly) I would just have follow the Progressive spin-off novel, maybe with some extra scenes thrown in, in the same way the manga does.

Well, problem there would be that Progressive is nowhere near complete, so it might just turn into a long-running anime that goes on for-fucking-ever.

I won't change anything.

Gallons of cum flowing everywhere.

Stop at volume 1

I don't get why people make fun of that scene, it feels like a doujin, there's nothing wrong with it

make it a time skip when everyone isn't a teenager and doesn't play shitty videogames. Seriously, MMOs in 2017?

Is it really THAT good?

A lot of the hype around it is from sheer bafflement that SAO Abridged manages to be good using the festering shitpile of its source material. It really is good, and it's very much worth watching. They managed to take the Asuna/Kirito romance and make it believable and pretty good. It's not the second coming obviously but it earned a lot of its hype from sheer shock value alone

Progressive is not good, only better and abridged is utter garbage like every abriged series, but underage crossboarders like it.

Hilarious yet terrifically written. They managed to poke fun at the numerous flaws and inconsistencies the original had and make it something better: a funny yet a better version of SAO.

>>abridged is utter garbage like every abridged series.
>>just like the original being garbage as well

pick one

>the source is shit so abrigred trash can't be shit as well

>>mfw you realize SAO was so bad that someone made a abridged series that turned out to make sense and be better.

Don't forget to pledge to our Patreon so we can make more funny™ videos.

>>Don't forget to pledge to our Patreon so we can make more funny™ videos.

Nice red herring. Stick with the discussion, senpai.

Dunno, I thought both the source material and abridged suck pretty much equally. When did it become a meme that abridged is good?

>>When did it become a meme that abridged is good?

It's because a LOT of people watch it, or perhaps you NEVER watched it. I think it's the latter.

>a LOT of people watched it
>therefore it is good

I did watch around 10 episodes before getting bored. It's just a bunch of bad jokes.

Make Kirito pull a villainous turnaround somewhere within the first 3 or 4 episodes and come up with a new MC that isn't fucking garbage

Aside from that, also >>never watched episode 11, which is a much satisfying finale compared to the original

>When did it become a meme that abridged is good?
The SAO hatedom have latched onto the idea because it's funny, and that's about it.
The hatedom and fandom are equally cancer.

The fandom is nowhere near as obnoxious
The fans just talk about waifus while the haters go on a witch hunt every time SAO is mentioned

>The SAO hatedom have latched onto the idea because it's funny, and that's about it.

Other fans who had brains even stated that they they expected it to be a funny parody yet got a remaster instead

I dont have any idea from where this "fandom" is cancer comes from, since i dont go to facebook like a lot of retards here, i have never seen a single person saying sao is a masterpiece(without trolling). Now i have seen like almost everyone saying its shit.

Might be an exaggeration to call the fandom cancerous.
I have seen a number of fans who claim the series is a masterpiece and suck Kirito's cock at every chance, but most of the fandom doesn't care anymore, and just talk about cute girls, quietly in their own corner of the internet.

is this an accurated depiction of kirito?

I wish.

The idea that cum gets stored for two years is just weird and makes it sound like it was written by a kid or a turbo virgin.

I don't think SAO is a masterpiece but Kirito is a pretty good MC, and he sure as hell is better than Shinji Ikari clone no. 36357

You can tell they gave a shit in making it, even with stuff that none of the people watching abridged series for five minutes of funnies would even give a shit about or notice. The editing, sound effects, and visual effects are an improvement on the original. The voice talent is of course just random internet people, but they do a decent enough job and you won't hear background noise on mics or some amateur shit like that. They cut pretty much every bit of filler they could and made it a character study about the relationship of two socially stunted losers with solid character arcs. Some of the comedy is genuinely funny, too. They did everything they could to improve the plot with the original source material they had, which is damn impressive. All in all I'd recommend it over the original aincrad arc of SAO for its shorter runtime and tighter narrative. Also it made Yui likable.

I think that because it's because it's got low production values due to being an abridged series, and is free from any marketing decisions, since it's being put out on Youtube, there wasn't really anything stopping them from putting as much effort into making their version of SAO good. So they actually tried.

>video game biology
>making sense
Next you'll tell me game devs must not exist, because rag doll physics.

You do don't know what Kayaba's magical realm is, maybe he's into that and programmed SAO accordingly
It's not weird for a doujin to have ungodly amounts of cum

More continuous and less focused on Kirito

I tried watching it, it felt really tryhard
I dropped it when Kayaba started saying the people there were attractive

This is just hate for the sake of hate, fate has way more autistic things in the sex scenes with nasu marine biologist fantasy and it never get mentioned, but somehow when talking about SAO its a meme now.

Also the "two years worth of semen" doesn't mean literally two years worth of semen, i understood that he hasn't cum in 2 years and thats why is mentioned in that way, but what i can expect from anime where everything needs to be mentioned and explained to the viewers like little kids so they can understand.

At least Nasu's works have some redeemable features.

yeah

End it at episode 14.

Job done.

>he thinks this is working towards his point

Strip out the fanservice, keep the air of danger that permeated the first arc

>fanservice is bad

holy shit

Remove haremshit, put all focus on the SAO world and the boss fights instead of wacky detective mysteries that literally no one asked for.

SAO stuck out to me for a lot of things. Fan service wasn't one of them I'm sorry to say.

Change the game features so that there's actually class specialization or character stat advancement that makes sense.
Then change the main character every episode or arc so that it becomes a show about how different people cope with being locked in a virtual prison in different ways. Final episode is actually about the guy who defeats the final floor to get everybody out of the game, who is actually a tryhard, minmaxed player that's in a guild of other elitist assholes that monopolize mob and boss respawns.
Kirito turned out to just be an overambitious kid that had fun when the game started, but grew bored of it all by the end, and enjoys the /soc/ aspects of it like a normalfag in the final episode.

>Trying to summon commanderderp

Nigga what are you doing.

>more episodes of Kirito exploring shit
>not make Kirito such a gary stu
>two years worth of glopping semen scene

Reverse NTR hentai where he gets rape by sugu.

Men can't be raped

Kirito is not a men.

Basically an episode per floor format where time is spent in general SAO worldbuilding as well as developing all the main characters and the relationship between Asuna and Kirito.

That exists already, it's called SAO Progressive

Dude, those slug guys and the shit they did. You thought that was GOOD?

Society collapses into anarchy and rape gangs. Kirito is powerless and forced to watch as every girl he meets and likes ends up gangraped by macho skinheads and fat middle-aged men in front of his eyes. The main theme of the series is that mankind is fundamentally depraved and evil.

Sounds similar to Guts from Berserk. Wandering around and accidentally builds a party. Both are called the Black Swordsman as well.

I haven't seen him in months. I wonder what happened to that faggot anyway.

>class specialization
Why do you need classes like "Warrior" and "Assassin" when you can just give yourself Skills that you think would best fit your play-style?
The game already had specialization, it just doesn't follow the usual, rigid system of WoW clones. Granted, most of this wasn't explained in the anime.

>character stat advancement that makes sense.
Stat advancement as a whole needs to be better explained, because the story pretty much ignored stats. It's at some point in the novels revealed that SAO only lets you allocate STR and AGI, with two points ever level.

Why do you need skills when you can just whack something in the face with your sword?

Every fucking class boiled down to "hitting stuff with a weapon." Where were the tanks and the healers?

End it at ep 14. When watching it I thought it was a really fitting ending there. It wasn't the greatest but I enjoyed it up until that point. Then I was disgusted throughout episodes 15 and 16 so I stopped.

>Healers

Not every fucking mmo this to be a WoW clone. Also the anime had tanks.

Remove Kirito, make Klein the MC.

The game doesn't have "Classes"; it has players select a set of Skills that let them use weapons and give certain benefits.
There were plenty of tanks, just not all of them were the main focus. Agil was supposedly a tank (though, he was also a merchant too), and it seems the author did release something like a data book that gave what skills he had at the end of SAO.

>Two-handed Battle Axe (875)
>Hand-to-hand Combat (726)
>Parry (726)
>Leather Equipment (733)
>Equipment Appraisal (930)
>Tools Appraisal (901)
>Purchase Negotiation (846)
>Sales Negotiation (716)
>Extended Weight Limit (838)
>Cooking (514)

In Agil's case, he didn't really utilize all his skill slots to be a tank, and made room for his merchant business. He has weapon related skills, like the Battle Axe, or Parry, and he also has Leather Equipment. He presumably also had a lot of Health from the boosts his items gave.
But a full-time tank could probably utilize more tank-oriented skills too, like poison resisting skills.

>Healers
SAO didn't have any. Healing was done through heal-over-time potions, or more expensive instant-heal crystals

That's not a good way to design an MMO though.

You should at least design the game so that players could either focus on dealing damage, dealing with aggression management, or supporting fellow party members.

The reason so many MMOs follow the class system isn't just because WoW did it, it's because it's good design. It's why Overwatch, a competitive shooter has the same kind of structure. These different approaches appeal to different player types.

>You should at least design the game so that players could either focus on dealing damage, dealing with aggression management, or supporting fellow party members.
You can though... It's just a matter of some players deciding to spread themselves over multiple fields, instead of specializing in one role.

>it's because it's good design
No, it's because it's EASY design. Programming a system like SAO's is just difficult, cause then you have to account for any number of thousands of combinations of Skills, and how they might interact.
A straight-forward class system is just less of a headache on the devs, and probably also easier for a player to pick up.

It turns out that kirito was female all along.

Make every next episode be the ones from the Abridged series.

You must be a fun person to hang out with, user.

Don't have then beat SAO for the most retarded reason ever. Have it be a straightforward grind to the top and beat the big bad story. It went to complete shit after that retarded move of having then leave SAO.

His sister is made for breeding, how could he pick Shitsuna of all people? I'm getting hard just remembering her shower scene.

This is also good. I'd also like a scene of her cleaning kirito's cum with her mouth when kirito cum IRL from having sex in game.

>SAO Abridged
For some reason I've never seen this before and would like to thank you for introducing it to me. Funny how some of the altered scenes and characterisations make more sense than the official SAO anime.

Keep most of part1 of season 1 the same. But add these adventures: him working with the information dealer Argo the Rat, Laughing Coffin as a whole being an actual threat to Kirito (ignore season 2 ATM), another adventure a year or so in the game where it's shown again that he has the role of a beater to take the heat and diffuse tensions that might arise (this was explained nicely in the progressive). Show him steal Last Attack bonuses from all the bosses. Tone down the Asuna romance, just a bit. Rewrite the dumb ending where both he and Asuna get killed but neither of them die and Kirito especially survives in a dumb way. Better just have Asuna sacrifice herself for him and he kills Kabaya while he's distracted.

Part2 of S1 would need to be rewritten entirely or just purged altogether. No easy fixes.
Season 2 can stay as is. It alright.

Dunno abou SAO or Alfheim, but GGO could turn from a 3 to a 6 by just removing Kirito(enail) from the arc entirely and put the focus entirely on Sinon. Fix some minor details and make Death Gun make since and it could be a straight 8.

It feels surreal.

keep it that way it is because its good already. just change some details like kirito not being overpowered and being an asshole at the beginning that slowly grows into a better man

....and abo mother tosario. i would make an spinoff from it instead a 4th arc. and replace asuna with an original character and make that spinoff last 12 episodes

End it at EP 14

Simplest answer?
>kill off Asuna at the end of arc 1 and have Kirito only survive because Klein used that revive potion gotten in the early episodes
OR
>kill off Kirito at the end of arc 2 after getting shanked in that hospital parking lot
I never made it past a few episodes of S2 even though I later saw the ending. I liked the designs though

bumpo