Why is Britain never implicated like the USA?

Serious question.

Why is Britain never mentioned when talking about historical negative world influence? Why is the USA assigned all of the guilt?

Britain is never mentioned in discussions about slavery, genocide, wars of aggression, tyrannical global conquest, etc. These subjects are always totally America-centric and act like before the USA existed the world was much more morally balanced.

The British Empire, whos royalty still sits in power (despite all the commoners claiming its just for show), is responsible for so much death, destruction, and corruption that any other power pales in comparison. Yet they are totally removed from discussions that seek to assign historical responsibility for grievances.

Why is this? Are the British still subtly in control of the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ptfmAY6M6aA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because USA is a super power, UK is not.

because our political class hate the spotlight. they like being the token western nation when America isn't around. they hate actual work.

because they are not white

I'd implicate Canada if I could

Brits are pathetic anglo scum. A shell of it's former self

Don't you think it's debatable whether the UK is a superpower or not?

Do you think they actively manipulate things to keep the debate centered around the USA?

We're another British commonwealth

That's definitely true, but so is Germany yet they are still constantly assigned a tremendous amount of historical responsibility.

We were the world power hegemon. And now it's the US. Do you really need reminding that the world is still very much 'survival of the fittest'?

>you did le nasty things!!1! APOLOGISE NOW!!1!
When you project 21st century standards of morality on the great men of the past it just makes you look like a fucking retard. We enslaved and killed because we were on top. You are either an empire or part of someone's empire. There's no room for soppy liberalism, particularly for historical events.

Of course, if YOU were in charge it would be different. Everyone would be holding hands and dancing beneath a rainbow, all celebrating how nice they are to each other!

I am not validating those types of discussions, I am asking why they always avoid assigning responsibility to the British and lay everything at the feet of Americans.

I just thought that with the reasoning used in these discussions that it would come up occasionally, because people are so desperate to blame old powers for their misfortunes.

>I am asking why they always avoid assigning responsibility to the British and lay everything at the feet of Americans.

You having a laugh? People are always having a go at the UK, both from within (our political class) and from outside (EU, USA, etc).

This is why nobody cares about us anymore except for when they're in a position to beat us down. We're a defeated power.

I don't doubt that it probably rings often from within because of how trendy anti-patriotism is today, but I really don't see it from outside.

What do Brits generally think led to the decline of their power? World war 1 and 2?

Just start reading the Guardian. They seem to pump out one or two articles per week about how evil the British Empire was.

>Why is Britain never mentioned when talking about historical negative world influence? Why is the USA assigned all of the guilt?
Because your country's media apparatus is literally just the northern arm of the judeo-American media apparatus so you're exposed to the most anti-American propaganda. BUT, because you're not an American you actually believe the horse shit they tell you on TV. And when I say you, I mean your country, not you specifically.

>but I really don't see it from outside.
>Unconditional US support of the IRA
>Joint US and EU effort to push the UK into the EU
>Suez Crisis where US actively challenged UK and French power
>Open and unapologetic punishment of the UK for leaving the EU

These wouldn't bother me as much if the US didn't pretend to be an ally. Anyone who spouts the special relationship nonsense is a fuck nughet.

>What do Brits generally think led to the decline of their power? World war 1 and 2?
Yes, the two world wars. Also the rise of left wing ideals, which lead to poor work ethic and tiny birth rates. Obviously mass immigration too and some other shit, but they're more symptoms rather than causes.

>We enslaved and killed because we were on top. You are either an empire or part of someone's empire. There's no room for soppy liberalism, particularly for historical events.
The final redpill is realizing that we were too nice.

>Why is Britain never mentioned when talking about historical negative world influence?

ahahahaha what

I think other countries want to leave the EU desperately but are too weak or are lead by puppets. Honestly at this point I don't understand how there is any rational argument for the EU to continue existing.

Like slavery or genocide for example.

People who hate whitey are always citing how the USA had slaves and killed natives as if they were the only ones who ever did it.

Lefties unironically think that stuff like "fair trials", "safety standards", and basically everything was invented by the EU.

youtube.com/watch?v=ptfmAY6M6aA

Daily reminder that the UK was the one who banned and enforced the ban on slavery.

Holy fuck this is depressing. People are that forgetful??? Are they that delusional? The EU came along and granted them freedom from some dark age of human rights?

Do people actually believe this propaganda? It's so ridiculous it actually makes me pretty angry/

congratulations, youre one step closer to being a a full on nazi. The fucking eternal anglo. They import the slaves, we free them, we're the bad guys. universal moral high ground. This shit has been going on for 1100 years, these badger type people are worse than jews

They do all the time. Everyone bitches about colonialism in Africa and that's referring to the British and the Dutch. Maybe the French too.
They just get less of it because they were too smart to import them as slaves. Plus they're not even close to as relevant today as they were in the past.

It's harder to constantly bitch about evil white people building schools, hospitals, roads and railways in your countries (though they still get mad over the resources they took), than it is to bitch about your ancestors being kidnapped and used as slaves (ignoring that they were sold by other Africans rather than kidnapped by the Americans)

i rest my case

first two ring a bell. also, why would our most attacked Neighbour after mexico pretend to not hate us?

People don't trust our current crop of politicians with anything. We've been paying attention, you see, and for the last decade or so it has been the done thing for politicians to blame the EU for an issue (regardless of whether or not the EU is actually at fault), and say that if they'd change the rules/laws to allow for their desired solution. For Labour, this has been focused on things like renationalising certain industries and imposing tighter regulations on certain things. For the Tories, however, they rail against things which the population quite like, things like safety standards, worker's rights and so on.

As it stands, while the EU didn't grant us those things, it did guarantee them via directives and legislation that meant our politicians couldn't throw them out on a whim. Now that we are leaving the EU, however, some of the Tories are gleefully rubbing their hands together in anticipation of getting rid of as many impediments to their profitmaking, regardless of the wishes of the population (after all, no-one campaigned for Brexit on a platform of getting rid of those things).

On Sky News, the Brits were even talking about how the British don't have a bad history with the blacks, since they abolished slavery before the USA, but the USA has a abhorrent history with blacks and slavery.

Why would you bother talking to people that try to undermine any great western accomplishment? stop the guilt tripping, western civilization was and still is fucking awesome.

>Britain is never mentioned in discussions about slavery, genocide, wars of aggression, tyrannical global conquest, etc.
Where, in magical Leaf fantasy land? I see it all the time

Because the UK has already succumbed to Islam.

They can't hack with foreign elections like Puti.

Not successfully anyway.