Is teaching English in japan a respectable profession?

Its clear that people like on pic related are Larping hard as fuck as ''people with muh PHD and in respectable academic field'' (top fucking kek) but I want honest response from you guys, whats your experience with teaching Eng in Japan, and what was the attitude of Japanese people towards you? Japanese still look up to white people regardles of their occupation in Japan at any rate.

Whats your story of teaching English in Nippon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4vNEi3NYyM
awabi.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1359851856/
youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z2O9Nwt6c&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck off, they are full

youtube.com/watch?v=e4vNEi3NYyM

They'll dislike you, but they won't tell you.

Anybody who's not a white-worshiping Japanese cunt knows that you're white trash looking for easy money and pussy.

awabi.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1359851856/

Is this some sort of new slide thread?
Sageru slide threads

Japan's shit, don't come here.

There's a strong bias towards American women.

Totally mista engurish techu.

No, not really. I just saw the comment in OP pic related, and wanted to respond to it so bad, and get an answer to a question at the same time: What is Japan's attitude to English teachers in japan?

>Is teaching English in japan a respectable profession?
>respectable

No.

Uhmmm yeah...

they will be jealous of your job and the pay
they will be jealous of you fucking their women
some of them will hate you
some of them will worship you but most will hate

What does Japanese girls have with that tho?

Why would you be a teachers aide slave? The pay is shit
Do the maths
If you have a masters already one year you can be a qualified teacher and work in Japan. You get an actual decent wage instead of meme wage stuff

Thats interesting, please go on.

I don't know about Japan but I've taught in Korea and it's great. The money is decent, you get a free apartment and meeting girls is easy if you aren't an autistic manchild like the local lads. Having taught in the UK too I can say it's no easier due to the extra administration and lack of time off. You definitely have more status, though, as education is more respected in Asia.

Man in OP's pic was definitely a faggot though. Only people with ancestors from a certain country should ever be considered a true citizen. Same way that a nigger will never be European.

Have you tested your theory in practice Kangobroo?

Its interesting you mentioned nigger, that guy had something to say about them too. He was a LARPer and prolly never even been in Japan, or had PHD.

If you're male, know your competition is mostly that, American women that took Japanese in community for 2 years.

No I have an actual career.
Those who can do, those who can’t teach.
But I have many friends from UK and USA who do this very thing. It helps to be from either of those countries or Australia or Canada because international schools. Though if you’re Chinese they have a growing industry of it too.

Ask BlackPidgeonSpeaks.

disinfo: the post

Dude. BPS is a massive fucking weeb. His video about Japan overtaking China economically was so fucking laughably pathetic that I can't even...

We both mentioned niggers because we actually have them friendski. Strange how Mr Larper was complaining about not being accepted as Japanese and yet also complained about us accepting niggers as Britons. Most definitely an r9k frequenter.

if you want an honest answer, then no. it's not respectable. unless you make it your career. otherwise it's seen as a frivolous pursuit for a couple years to dick around

I had a friend who taught in China and he really enjoyed compared to teaching in Japan.

And why is that, I thought Education was looked up to in EA countries?

>Is teaching English in japan a respectable profession
haha, no. you will never be respected

Explain please.

imagine going to Sup Forums with a nip flag, shitposting like there's no tomorrow. Its fucking CANCER

Implying people do not do that right now.

was this retard expecting to wake up japanese one day for working there? lmao
of course he will never be japanese and his country is not japan ffs

it's the equivalent of polishfags going to england to clean toilets

>Japanese immigration thread
sage goes in the options goys

Yep, exactly.

NO, its not like that at all.

Don't expect to work in Japanese private schools as a foreigner. That is it's main selling point. That a native Japanese person will be teaching your native Japanese child.

Native Japanese can't pronounce English words for shit tho.

Teaching English pay is nothing great you sure as hell aren't going to get rich from it.

Also if you go to a bar/club to meet j jp women never tell them your an English teacher its an automatic turn off so I always told them I was an engineer or something.

And they care if some "gaijin" does? The way they see it, it's better if they learned English from a Japanese speaker so they had a better understanding.

I teach English in Asia.
It's fun if you like working 9 am to 11 pm 6 days a week.

How's the chemical industry for jobs for foreigners there?

No, they mostly prefer native speakers to Japanese speakers.

How would you know better, "polish" OP? I regret to inform you that your prospects in teach English to Japanese students are unlikely.

Hey OP! Worked over there for 5 years, in a middle level public school. Its great if you want to earn money, travel a bit and experience a different culture.

The school situation you end up with is always the biggest gamble. If you go through a private company like Berlitz, youll teach Japanese salary men at night which isnt bad. If you go through the local school system you could end up in a rough school. I.e. students will tell you to shine! (fuck off and die) and generally ignore your teaching. Not the end of the world by any means, but it can demotivate you if you came in there to really teach.

If you plan on staying there long term, 110% you MUST learn Japanese and at a higher level. It can 100% be done as well, I ended up at around ikkyuu N1 on the JLPT after 5 years and you could get there quicker if you studied at night as well took extra classes etc. It overall improves your quality of life too.

Other than that do research on the company before you apply, daves esl cafe is a great place to start. Make sure its a legit company, not sketchy.

As far as the Japanese are concerned, you all look the same. You are either A) Military, B) English Teacher or C) Businessman in Japan if you are a foreigner. They have no idea which and I have had police officers salute me on my way to school, so I saluted back.

But as the poster says and he is right, Japanese has a LONG way to go before people are allowed to integrate. Hell Chinese and Korean people have difficulty and they look asian! You can know the culture like the back of your hand, know the language, know the sports everything, but they arent used to seeing foreign people in that capacity, usually in the opposite capacity.

But if you bust your ass and learn Japanese etc., thats generally when you get respect. That is probably the quickest way to impress a Japanese person is bust out some business level Japanese at a restaurant.

Because its a fucking fact? Native Japanese can't even fucking speak Eng for shit, face the fact. Koreans and Comchinks do much better.

it is, the pay is nothing special and locals see you as a leech and a pest

>fucking women
>being liked by people who you aren't fucking
This isn't a hard choice. There is a hymn that begins with "If God Himself be for me, I may a host defy, For when I pray, before me my foes confounded fly." The situation is similar here. If you have some girls fucking you then everyone else doesn't matter.

Shut the fuck up Hernandez, you don't know shit.

> I.e. students will tell you to shine! (fuck off and die)

Couldn't you just tell those sissy brats to fuck off then?

You want to see a larp? See I can go over how full of shit this post is, but they don't even deserve the (You)

I know what you're thinking. You came onto pol to shitpost, and did not expect to talk to someone that knew better. That shit happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z2O9Nwt6c&t=

i'm teaching ESL in Vietnam. it's pretty good. $25/hr, 20 hrs/week, free house. got a hungarian/scottish girlfriend and i fucked one of my coworkers the other night after a party.

Ryan Boundless is a fag, and should have stayed in Thailand fucking ladyboys.

>did not expect to talk to someone that knew better.

You don't know shit. If you did, you would know that Japanese only hire foreginers, preferably Native Speakers to teach English.

Infertile beta jap boys envy the White Man's virile seed, good physique and charismatic social skills.

White men can do what japs are never able, which is making women laugh, feel good, orgasm, pregnant and see beyond materialism.

>posting that surgery ridden goblin

I don't know how Jun put ups with her, she's so unbearable.

>English teacher need repeat words to students. You are so friendless you repeat when someone speak with you, as you cannot believe it happen
That dad is savage

Its basically a weird system where public school education puts people based on middle test scores in the "right" high school, i.e. they know they are in a lower level school and will most likely end up a day laborer. So they dont really care about the education.

The best bet is just to tell the staff people at your school and the gym teachers, who are the enforcers at your school, will dole out the punishment.

My best recommendation is to ignore it, develop a thick outer skin. It can wear you down after a while, especially when you are teaching and they are talking/ignoring you. If you respond back with anger, it will keep wearing you down. Another teacher told me once to basically develop a poker face to all of it. Dont let it affect your inner core so to speak. As soon as you do, the flood gates open and youll burn out quickly. Its a strange reaction, you are right the initial reaction is to react back with anger toward them, but he is 110% right , once you begin to ignore, its like water off a duck's back, so to speak.

Did you go to uni in Armidale? That saying....

She had no plastic surgery.

everyone knows that you're only there for the yellow pussy

HAHA are you sure? I invite you to search in jewgle "japanese vloggers lolcowdotcom" and you'll see threads about them vloggers, and of course rachel and jun appears there.

Ackshually, I'll save you the effor. Here, have this.
She's got a nice figure, nice boobs but the face doesn't cut it, sorry breh.

>public school education puts people based on middle test scores in the "right" high school

Thats a load of crap, it all depends on score for University entrace exams, so there is no justification for them being retards and telling you to die. I would yell at those shits.

effort*, my bad.

slightly above nigger tier seems right. it's always the fucking hippie losers or hipsters doing this shit

There's a reason their anime is so colorful and cheerful. Because they all lead boring, depressing, gray lives where they all look the same. Never understood why weeaboos think going to Japan will be like some anime and schoolgirls will be kawaii desu desu with them. It's like a cleaner, politer version of China.

Omg, just let it go ok? Still better looking than Argie Mongrel goblins, thats for damn sure.

What about teaching French ?

No, its not right you dumb Heinie. The sheer fact of my having a white skin puts me miles above average nigger in Japan.

That's true, my chinese cartoons tells me so.
However I think you're allowed to do homeschooling and then take the tests on your own and finish HS at 15 years old or something.
Which is cool because the tests for good unis seem to be "hard".

For being such a developed country Japan only has Tokyo-U and perhaps Wakeda as relevant unis, if someone knows if this isn't true, pls provide examples because I'd like to go there for my PhD and everytime I check info about their unis it gets more discouraging.

University entrance exams are for entrance into a university, but there are high school entrance exams taken at the end of middle school which is a high school placement exam basically. Thats why you have rougher schools so to speak.

Oh I am not justifying any of it, just my recommendation if you get placed in a lower level school, dont let it wear you down so to speak. Let it roll off your back, you wont burn out that way. I can promise you, day in and day out of yelling will burn you out. Just a forewarning.

Hahaha, it's alright. We have pretty girls here though, and I bet that you have even more.
I'm just saying that Rachel isn't the top beauty she might think she is.

see, OP? this is your future if you teach English in Japan. this guy quoted above traveled to japan to teach english, not realizing that life isn't like is precious animes, that there are no waifus, and that he'll ALWAYS be alone, despite false rumours that an ugly white guy can get laid easily in Japan. he didn't realize that he is objectively undesirable and that who you are is not a function of where you are.

Every English teacher i have met here has been a cuck.

Once they get tired of teaching English they move on to job consulting and head hunting for foreign firms.