;)

Pretty sure it stands for Akagi

Pretty sure it stands for Ayanami

Everyone knows it stands for usuka

Sup Forums stands for Angelboipussi

Or...yknow...just Angels

Sup Forums stands for asuka

A zeruel is fine too.

You know, Asuka was Moot's waifu. Who's Jap Moot's waifu? Does he even have one?

>asuka
>a suka
>suka = bitch
>a bitch
wow

He's right, you know.

Sup Forums stands for Osaka!

Sup Forums stands for Anime & Manga.

Actually it doesn't stand for anything.

Sup Forums stands for abuse

Close but in really it stands for azumanga daiho.

Rei is a toilet

Wish we could ask him

actually it's for mis/a/to

My man

>Asuka
>A suka
>A suka blyat
>A сука блядь
>A bitch slut
Hideaki Anno is a fucking genius of hidden meanings.

Sup Forums stands for
>your waifu Sup Forums shit

Eat shit Asuka is a ginger minge washboard ultracunt, even the non-person Rei was better than her.
Pic related is the best for all time, always were.

It clearly stands for Autism, which you most certainly have.

Ah, another man of excellent taste.

What i wouldn't do to get in her robot if you catch my drift

your barely hourly reminder that Sup Forums stands for asuka

how did you know

I really like misato I really like her a lot like A LOT

Sup Forumssuka
Sup Forumsaka
/d/esu
/s/ugoi
/k/atana

Thanks Lori,i came

new head canon confirmed

also real canon

huh I always thought it stood for Sup Forumsutism

you stand for autism

>Person A dislikes Evangelion
>Person B days it's because A didn't get it

So what's so deep about evangelion? What didn't I get? Can someone please actually explain it instead of just saying it's deep and philosophical. Anyone with a tiny bit of introspection has already thought about the """philosophical""" ideas evangelion brings up.

Well, the reasoning goes that if you understood the show, you would like it and anyone who doesn't likely just didn't understand the show. The "two deep four you" saying is both a joke, and truthful.

Why don't you explain the show to me? That would settle this better than me explaining to you.

The thing is that everyone in the show is insecure in some way and just want to be loved, and deal with their insecurities in different ways.
Except Rei.

First off, I liked the movie and it carried the whole thing so I'm just talking about the show.

I didn't like the show because the characters are awful, generally individual episodes weren't very interesting, the symbolism is shallow and the philosophical ideas were entry-level. I didn't like it because I understood everything and weren't fooled by it's pretention of depth. So many ideas were expressed in such a cringey hamfisted way.

I guess it technically boils down to that. May as well have said:

>the characters have problems they want to solve

Which would of course, describe every show ever.

The true depth of the show is hidden by pretending to only have superficial depth that acts as a gatekeeper.

What anime is this?

Now I'll hear "IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN" whenever I spill coffee
Thanks a fuckin' lot, Sup Forums

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Get in the Fucking Robot"

Why are you spoonfeeding?

Is your pic supposed to be showing how deep the show is? It's still the same idea even if it's a fun little nod

I have a test for you mister.

What happened in the following scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=-jgeiGzYns8

No hints, you shouldn't need them, right?

Why are you are a standoffish fag?

Because you're enabling retards and making them feel like they don't have to look up things themselves.

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, so please give me an insight.

The more obvious parts is what they literally are saying and Asuka being insecure + projecting. It's been a while since I saw it so I don't have much context.

>It's been a while so I don't have much context
so why are you here talking about eva being shallow if you can't remember it clearly?

I remember the show, I just don't know exactly what happened in that episode. I also have had these exact same thoughts since seeing it, it's not something that just popped up

It's fine, you don't have to see it, I can just tell you. But if you have to look at the spoiler, you weren't able to read into the show enough to understand on your own.

Asuka sees the bandaids on Rei's hand greatly outnumber her own. They both got hurt trying to cook for Shinji, but Rei hurt herself a lot more because she is a silly autist. This makes Asuka decide to go pilot the new experimental evangelion on the day of the dinner because she realized how much more effort and suffering Rei was enduring just to make a dinner for Shinji. This is also foreshadowing for when Rei gets absorbed into the angel trying to make sure Shinji never had to fight again.

Thanks, this was actually interesting. I still think the way the show handled introspection, even if it wasn't actually that but something similar, was hamfisted and turned me off.

Sup Forums STANDS FOR AKAGI'S WHITE COMET
ALL OTHERS PLEASE LEAVE.

Especially Rei. She hates piloting, she does it because she doesn't get a choice and it's her only sense of purpose or connection to anything. She doesn't have anything else because she knows something is wrong, something she's avoiding examining, and she doesn't feel that she's a person.

Define hamfisted please

>doing things in an awkward or unskilled way
>clumsy; bungling.
The reason I think this is because they explicitly state everything and have words flash everywhere.

but what if I told you that the end of evangelion took place not from Shinji's point of view, but from Asuka's?

And you know, once you realize that, the reason for the strangulation starts to make more sense.

Remember what they said at the end of the television show? There is the Asuka that exists in your mind, and I am the the Shinji that exists in your mind. Or something like that. They repeated it a bunch. You might ignore the repetition, might brush it off as hamfisted, but not mean people actually think about what it means.

many*

The strangulation already made sense from Shinji's pov though. Why would it make more sense?

R/a/miel a CUTE

Why don't you consider it. These aren't hard puzzle, it's just like the bandages. All it takes to figure it out is to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Don't look at it from the behind the tv screen, imagine what Asuka is seeing.

Asukafags sure love NTR

Interesting, but the strangulation has continuity with Shinji's decision to kill everyone and his reversal from there.

if you won't let yourself understand, you'll succeed in your endeavor.

>Asuka spelled backwords is still Asuka
Holy shit Anno's done it again

wow what a sleek looking Rei

How do you pronounce Asuka?

>Akusa

user...

Be-su-to gir-ru

What are you, stupid?

All Asuka ever did in the show was get on my nerves. I mean, of course you have to sympathize with her once you learn what she's been through, but her personality is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I feel pretty strongly that even if I were a horny fourteen-year-old, I'd only be able to deal with her a few times before wanting nothing to do with her in the future.

Oscar.

And then 3.0 decided that character development wasn't something that anyone actually needed

>Dubbed
Kill yourself

I think its dubbed rather nicely. I hated the original NGE english voice actors. Especially Asuka's

Let me one up you with some basic stuff:

About the "asuka that exists in your mind", some user explained it pretty nicelly. Have you ever heard that line "Hell is other people"? In context, that line means something along those lines: "Internal conflict, pain and drama ("hell") comes from "people misunderstand each other and creating wrong expectations, just to get them shattered by the reality of the other people".

Sounds familiar to the setting of Eva? Well, in the TV ending, everyone became one, everyone had access to each other memories, secrets, pains etc. You cant misunderstand each other anymore. The "asukas in X minds" are converging into one asuka, the "real" one.

Why the fuck are you watching it in english.

I didn't. I watched NGE in Jap with subs and EOE with subs.

Have you not heard Asuka's english voice actor before?

Not him, but I have. I actually prefer dubbed to the subs, but that's just my preference. They pull off whininess, bitchiness, etc perfectly

>best girl
>is a violent bitch that was the villain of the series
what did he mean by this?

>villain of the series
Are you actually retarded?

How could you forget this smile?

She opposed the cast and was instrumental in mc's struggles.

Sup Forums stands for autism

>She opposed the cast
Everyone opposed eachother. That's kind of the whole struggle in the series, forming meaningful connections with eachother.
>instrumental in mc's struggle
Along with hundreds of other things such as Shinji's relationship with his father, hedgehog's dilemna, finding purpose in piloting the Eva, so on and so forth

Rei didn't oppose Shinji

Yes she did, she held alot of resentment towards him in the beginning because of the way he thought ill of his father.
Did you even watch the show?

I'm pretty sure the meaning of Evangelion is that girls are terrible, and its better to go gay because guys will never hurt you. There was a strong anti-hetero message in Eva.

I'm not gay but even I would let Kaworu tenderly love me, so I think you may have a point

>tfw there will never be an Evangelion version of Carnival Phantasm

Is there a site or somewhere to read up on theories and interpretations? The coffee and Asuka's perspective stuff got me thinking, and now I'm interested in more

Anta baka?

She only slapped him,

She was cold in communication with him, and actively opposed any attempts he made to try and befriend her

evageeks forums

Even so, that briefly faded and they became close friends. Remember the Rei smile? Shinji and Rei shared a bond that Asuka will never have and that pissed off Asuka, made her vow to be an antagonist to Shinji.